Page 202 of 236 FirstFirst ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,050 of 5880
    I was sad when I couldn’t get into those Pillow Fights

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Damn!
    A deluge of killer quivers.
    Yep. Covid effect. Either from government handouts or reduced spending....means lots of us have more money for quiver spending.

I’m in Canada. Saw in the news last week that “lost wages in Canada due to Covid” was estimated at $100billion.

That’s....$100,000,000,000.

Cdn Government gave out $225 billion.

There’s an extra $125,000,000,000 “out there”.

Idiots. Trudeau’s a moron. When he talks about Covid he sounds like he is giving us his money. It’s our tax money!!

Anyways.....I know people who have companies with $2mil in the bank and they applied for an Covid emergency business loan of which $10,000 is forgivable. $10,000 free.

If you were over 15 years old and made just a few $ the year before you qualified for $2000 per month for 4 months. $8,000 free.

I didn’t collect any $ from the government. Didn’t need it (and mainly did not qualify ha).

But I’ve saved lots due to Covid changing my spending and my costs.

I’m pretty lucky as I’m a university prof and my job went to online. No pay cut and no commute. I live an hour from campus. I saved about $500 per month in gas and $100 in insurance as we could take a vehicle off the road (and change the other vehicle to pleasure use only for the last 6 months). Savings of $3,600.

Our yoga bill even saves me money. Now we pay $10/month for online yoga classes. Used to pay for approx 16 classes a month at $20 per class = $300/month savings for 6 months. Savings $1,800.

That’s just two examples.

People have changed/reduced their spending on shit due to Covid.

eg. My Starbucks bill was running $100 per month. Now it’s $5/month. $600 savings.

Same kind of stories everywhere. x 10.

People also didn’t spend that $5,000 going to Disneyland in the summer. $5,000 more in their bank.

And a lot lot of people also deferred their mortgage for 4-5 months. That’s $20,000.

So ya people’s savings are way up as a result.

It’s governments trying but not understanding. They are attempting to buy a way out of the pandemic. Cause they (and me) really have NO idea. This is a big experiment in printing money and then giving it away.

Doesnt work. It will come home to roost one day.....but not for a bit.

In the meantime, skis shops are going crazy. A local shop here said that last weekend was busier than any Boxing Day sale in the last 20 years.

People are not blinking an eye at spending $1000 on new skis due to their higher savings.

It’s why my quiver has bloated to 8 pair (3 now for BC). Last year I had 4 pair (1 for BC).

Cause we all feel like heroes...we’ve “survived” a pandemic and WTF there is money in my account? Time to reward myself.

I’ve rationalized all the money given out by our government as just a huge liquidity push...not as money that was given out based on need. Cause it was just given out without assessing bc need.

It was simply a way to dump $ into the system. For liquidity. Kind of like a free lottery that you didn’t know you entered. They did it as they had no clue....and were scared shitless of how things abruptly stopped in March.

Anyways....I’m really glad some of that extra liquidity is ending up in ski quivers. Fun to see.

Gonna be a ton of skis and bikes up for sale in 2-3 years. Haha

My prediction....the big crash comes when the vaccine is here, widely used....and the governments stop handing out money, and finally realize how fucked they are (massive debt, recession, interest rates moving up a bit from 0%).....real estate and stocks will finally crash.

That’s when I’m buying my house in a ski town....sorry for the ranty thread drift. Haha.

Time to go buy pair number 9....I need some more another rocker pair I think...
    Last edited by kc_7777; 11-22-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Anyway.....

Binding quiver anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Anyway.....

Binding quiver anyone?

Haha I get the anyways. Sorry for the rant.

Binding quiver....why?

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Haha I get the anyways. Sorry for the rant.

Binding quiver....why?
    Ha. Fair question. I guess it’s more of a parts bin than a quiver - but it also makes snagging cheap skis easier/cheaper if you already have cheap clamps ready to roll.

Ha. Fair question. I guess it’s more of a parts bin than a quiver - but it also makes snagging cheap skis easier/cheaper if you already have cheap clamps ready to roll.

Agreed...it’s why I like having some metal pivots....they last forever and I can keep moving them from ski to ski.

In my previous house I had a large garage. Used to bolt old bindings to the roof studs and hang my boots in them.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Attachment 348930

188 Rustler 11 - P18 - Resort soft snow, but more hard snow-capable. New this year, replaced Volkl Ones as soft snow everyday ski
    193 EHP - FKS140 - Classics. Ski them once in a while. Will probably end up on the wall at some point
    186 EHP - FKS140 - Same. More versatile than the 193s, so I take them out for shark season pow
    186 BG - CAST - Resort and sidecountry soft snow - had these for years. Probably top 3 all time favourite ski
    191 C&D - P18 - Resort lots of soft snow - Skied them twice last year. Fun ski, nimble, handle soft chop well. Switching to something else by lunch
    Did you put the BG topsheet on your C&D? How do your actual BGs feel about that?

Anyway.....

Binding quiver anyone?

You and I have similar tastes in bindings.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    You and I have similar tastes in bindings.
    You too must be a man of wealth and taste.

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Did you put the BG topsheet on your C&D? How do your actual BGs feel about that?
    Yeah, I did.
    I think they are fine with it. They are a getting at bit old themselves, so I think they enjoy the feeling of teaching a new generation

184 Praxis FRDs Still need to mount bindings
    194 Praxis Ullr, My most favorite pow ski,
    194 Atomic Automatic 117. I liked these until I attached boat anchors for bindings on them.. but not a bad set up for easy resort accessed side county
    185 Nordica Enforcer 100s.. Honestly a great daily driver ski... liked it more than I thought..
    Short Line Step Ups,, I'm too old to ride park, I use this with my youngest (3.5yo) whilst ripping magic carpets runs.
    168W Jones Flagship with Burton step-ins.. Because some pow needs to be surfed...
    163 Burton Floater Wide and K2 Klickers,, probably had a good 6 or 7 years of Montana's finest cold smoke pow on top of this old work horse....
    156 Burton Bryan Iguchi... memories of functioning knees..

I should probably open up some storage space in the garage and sell the atomics and Nordicas one of these days..

Used to bolt old bindings to the roof studs and hang my boots in them.
    great idea, first round on me if we cross paths

Yep. Covid effect. Either from government handouts or reduced spending....means lots of us have more money for quiver spending.

I’m in Canada. Saw in the news last week that “lost wages in Canada due to Covid” was estimated at $100billion.

That’s....$100,000,000,000.

Cdn Government gave out $225 billion.

There’s an extra $125,000,000,000 “out there”.

Idiots. Trudeau’s a moron. When he talks about Covid he sounds like he is giving us his money. It’s our tax money!!

Anyways.....I know people who have companies with $2mil in the bank and they applied for an Covid emergency business loan of which $10,000 is forgivable. $10,000 free.

If you were over 15 years old and made just a few $ the year before you qualified for $2000 per month for 4 months. $8,000 free.

I didn’t collect any $ from the government. Didn’t need it (and mainly did not qualify ha).

But I’ve saved lots due to Covid changing my spending and my costs.

I’m pretty lucky as I’m a university prof and my job went to online. No pay cut and no commute. I live an hour from campus. I saved about $500 per month in gas and $100 in insurance as we could take a vehicle off the road (and change the other vehicle to pleasure use only for the last 6 months). Savings of $3,600.

Our yoga bill even saves me money. Now we pay $10/month for online yoga classes. Used to pay for approx 16 classes a month at $20 per class = $300/month savings for 6 months. Savings $1,800.

That’s just two examples.

People have changed/reduced their spending on shit due to Covid.

eg. My Starbucks bill was running $100 per month. Now it’s $5/month. $600 savings.

Same kind of stories everywhere. x 10.

People also didn’t spend that $5,000 going to Disneyland in the summer. $5,000 more in their bank.

And a lot lot of people also deferred their mortgage for 4-5 months. That’s $20,000.

So ya people’s savings are way up as a result.

It’s governments trying but not understanding. They are attempting to buy a way out of the pandemic. Cause they (and me) really have NO idea. This is a big experiment in printing money and then giving it away.

Doesnt work. It will come home to roost one day.....but not for a bit.

In the meantime, skis shops are going crazy. A local shop here said that last weekend was busier than any Boxing Day sale in the last 20 years.

People are not blinking an eye at spending $1000 on new skis due to their higher savings.

It’s why my quiver has bloated to 8 pair (3 now for BC). Last year I had 4 pair (1 for BC).

Cause we all feel like heroes...we’ve “survived” a pandemic and WTF there is money in my account? Time to reward myself.

I’ve rationalized all the money given out by our government as just a huge liquidity push...not as money that was given out based on need. Cause it was just given out without assessing bc need.

It was simply a way to dump $ into the system. For liquidity. Kind of like a free lottery that you didn’t know you entered. They did it as they had no clue....and were scared shitless of how things abruptly stopped in March.

Anyways....I’m really glad some of that extra liquidity is ending up in ski quivers. Fun to see.

Gonna be a ton of skis and bikes up for sale in 2-3 years. Haha

My prediction....the big crash comes when the vaccine is here, widely used....and the governments stop handing out money, and finally realize how fucked they are (massive debt, recession, interest rates moving up a bit from 0%).....real estate and stocks will finally crash.

That’s when I’m buying my house in a ski town....sorry for the ranty thread drift. Haha.

Time to go buy pair number 9....I need some more another rocker pair I think...
    Hilarious. Love all the thought out reasons as means to acquire new skis. I know your a smart guy being a college professor. I would have never thought to use no yoga class savings as a justification. F'n crona..good for something.

Hear, hear!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It's not too often that they're all together at the same time. So nice to have the kids home for the holidays.

R -> L

>189 BG - Pow basher and crud smasher.

>193 Cochise - Daily driver.

>191 Enforcer 104 w/ CAST - New this year. Bought them after I broke the MB116. Gotten a few days on them and so far I dig em.

>187 Menace 98 - For when everything hurts and my legs feel like noodles. And the occasional rail.

>193 Cochise - backup for my daily driver.

>192 Supernatural 115 - Former daily, currently a house decoration. On the DL with a crunched sidewall.

>186 Wrenegade 112 - ripped two Shift toes out of these so they're toast with Swiss cheese on top. Claim to fame: Mentioned by Iggy and Cody on the Blister pod.

>186 Mindbender 116 - Started the season mounted with CAST and a bright future as a touring rig. Unfortunately they quickly found their way out of the starting lineup and onto the DL with dual blown edges and a compound fracture to the core. Not the kind of injury you want to see a rookie take in October.

+ 2 pairs of blades because nobody should blade alone.
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gnar_Shralp406; 11-25-2020 at 01:27 PM.

My modest quiver for this season - not sure the alpine skis will get much use this year

Attachment 349749

I finally got a chance to clean my garage now that we’ve fired our contractor, so I figured I would post one of these.

186 Big Trouble /FKS155
    186 Sickle /Look something
    186 Bodacious /916
    191 P4 /916
    189 Turbo /STH16
    186 Bodacious /916
    193 Scout /Dukes
    193 Bodacious /916
    190 Boomerang /916
    192 777 /STH16
    189 Made ‘n AK /912
    190 Boomerang
    189 Shanetoon /997
    186 Spatula /Tyrolia demo
    193 Huckster

And there’s a pair of 194 XXLs hiding somewhere in the back.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1573.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	349795

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    My modest quiver for this season - not sure the alpine skis will get much use this year

Attachment 349749
    Classy, simple 3 ski quiver. I can see getting some Vision 108s with MTNs if the resorts close. I’ve had 2013 Bibbys. Loved them. The Wildcats always tempt me. Sucks to have to buy them with Cdn$.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    I finally got a chance to clean my garage now that we’ve fired our contractor, so I figured I would post one of these.

186 Big Trouble /FKS155
    186 Sickle /Look something
    186 Bodacious /916
    191 P4 /916
    189 Turbo /STH16
    186 Bodacious /916
    193 Scout /Dukes
    193 Bodacious /916
    190 Boomerang /916
    192 777 /STH16
    189 Made ‘n AK /912
    190 Boomerang
    189 Shanetoon /997
    186 Spatula /Tyrolia demo
    193 Huckster

And there’s a pair of 194 XXLs hiding somewhere in the back.

Name:	IMG_1573.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	349795

Those Sickle’s are sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    It's not too often that they're all together at the same time. So nice to have the kids home for the holidays.

R -> L

>189 BG - Pow basher and crud smasher.

>193 Cochise - Daily driver.

>191 Enforcer 104 w/ CAST - New this year. Bought them after I broke the MB116. Gotten a few days on them and so far I dig em.

>187 Menace 98 - For when everything hurts and my legs feel like noodles. And the occasional rail.

>193 Cochise - backup for my daily driver.

>192 Supernatural 115 - Former daily, currently a house decoration. On the DL with a crunched sidewall.

>186 Wrenegade 112 - ripped two Shift toes out of these so they're toast with Swiss cheese on top. Claim to fame: Mentioned by Iggy and Cody on the Blister pod.

>186 Mindbender 116 - Started the season mounted with CAST and a bright future as a touring rig. Unfortunately they quickly found their way out of the starting lineup and onto the DL with dual blown edges and a compound fracture to the core. Not the kind of injury you want to see a rookie take in October.
    This is sick!

Are those cochise mounted really far forward? Or is every ski on it’s recommended line

Here she goes, COVID quiver bloat is a thing...

Name:	IMG_7401.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	253.7 KB 
ID:	349943

Inbounds:
    180cm Head WC Rebel I.Speed Pro
    Back to my East Coast roots here. Zoom zoom.

187cm Blizzard Brahma - P14
    Ultra low snow ski, ripping groomers but can still go poke around in the trees with out dieing

188cm Blizzard Rustler 9 - P14
    Good around ski. I’m not a park rat, but there are a few stunts I’d like to do before I die

194 cm Kaestle MX 98 - P18
    Anything need to be said?

188cm Blizzard Rustler 10 - P14
    Been searching for a 100-110mm wide poke around in the backcountry ski, I was afraid of the length until I took that picture. Mounted +1 cause my drill bit broke in the hole well mounting them.

194cm Rossignol Sender Squad - P15 CAST
    The numbers, the feel, the profile, makes me think I could really like this ski. I rarely pay full retail for a ski, but these seem special, so fuck it. Currently mounted on the line, but having them side by side with the BMX 115, JJ, and Shiro, makes me think -2 would be better.

192cm Kaestle BMX 115 - P18
    Big brother of the MX98. Big mountain pow ski. When the snow is soft, these are awesome.

192cm Armada ARV JJ 116 - P18
    Such a fun goof around in corn/slush ski. So much fun when it’s sunglasses weather. I’m going to get out more on these mid-winter. Armada apparently stiffened them up, which was my bone to pick with older ones. Not sure I can justify keeping these for spring skiing if I have the R10s and Sender Squads

193cm Volkl Shiro - P18 CAST
    Old faithful pow ski, there is a reason I have 2 pairs in reserve. I don’t like them on low snow pow days, so if the R10s and/or the Sender Squads work out on those days, I’ll be a happy man.

203cm Volkl Shiro - P18 (eventually)
    Crush everything big mountain ski. Don’t come out much, but when they do, watch out.

193cm Moment Chipotle Banana - P14
    Pow ski for sled skiing and when the resort is crazy deep.

189cm K2 Pon2oon - P18
    This is going to sound absurdly specific, but we get a lot of high Avi danger pow days, where we spend the day skiing pillows at low elevation, where it’s not too steep. These are absolutely perfect for those days.

Name:	IMG_7402.JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	349955

Touring skis:

192cm K2 Mindbender 116C - Kingpin 13
    Pow touring ski. Great when it’s soft, not when it’s not. Durability is always a question...

193cm Blizzard Scout - ???
    Not sure if I’m keeping these. They will get either Kingpin 13s or Pivot 18 CAST. Might sell them to a buddy

Name:	IMG_7400.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	255.2 KB 
ID:	349958

186cm Volant Spatulas - will get Pivots
    Found them for a great deal, had to grab a piece of history. Will ski them once at least...

189cm Blizzard Spurs - ???
    Thought about putting an ultra light touring binding on these, but they are way heavier then I remember. Probably will put up for sale instead of adding more holes

193cm Volkl Shiros
    Pair 1 of the back up Shiros. Might get Kingpin 13s, let’s see how the winter goes.

196 Praxis Protest
    Japow ski, currently for sale since they were replaced in my quiver by the Pon2oons. Not stressed about selling them, cause they probably will go with me back to Japan when we can go skiing there again.

That’s it I think. If I jell with the Rustler 10s, I’ll probably sell the BMX 115, and JJs. I’m really intrigued by the Sender Squads and the Chipotle Bananas. We will see what lasts and doesn’t last. I could see the Rustler 9s going up for sale. It would be nice to get to 6-7 skis. I could get down to just the MX98s and Shiros, and be perfectly happy 95% of the days, but why? Quivers are more fun.

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

Aaaah. Covid quivers. Nice to see 18. I think I’m up to 9. I feel lean.

Aaaah. Covid quivers. Nice to see 18. I think I’m up to 9. I feel lean.
    Pair of 193 Shiros and 194 MX98s are not pictured... 20...

Really excited to hear your thoughts on a lot of those skibrd!

Especially the rossi and moment!

Just ordered Season eqpt. Formas, so I guess I’m selling my Pescados and sakanas.

Current quiver:

177cm Movement Alp Tracks 94 - touring

2021 177cm Renoun Endurance 88 teaching quiver when it’s not fresh POW

2014 183cm Stockli Stormrider 95 - when I want to make bad snow feel good

2020 185cm Nordica Enforcer Free 110 - the workhorse fun time ski

2021 183cm season eqpt Forma

Just gotta get rid of the extra 7 pairs first...