Page 203 of 236 FirstFirst ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 5879
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Really excited to hear your thoughts on a lot of those skibrd!

Especially the rossi and moment!

Me too! Those might throw a huge wrench in my quiver if we mesh. Remove the need for anything between the two, which would lead to the market getting flooded with 115-120 skis.

You can do it Climber Joe!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This is sick!

Are those cochise mounted really far forward? Or is every ski on it’s recommended line
    They're either on it or a little forward, I don't really remember. I like em where they're at and will likely mount the next pair at the same spot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Just ordered Season eqpt. Formas, so I guess I’m selling my Pescados
    Ski the forma before selling the pescado. They aren’t the same ski, ski pretty different.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    I regret getting rid of that ski... Hopefully the m-free 108 will make a valid replacement this year.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Just realized these were from you.... different alias. I was bummed I never picked up a pair when they were current, hopefully knowing they are loved makes it a little better. That m-free 108 is intriguing.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Do-over after acquiring 2014 Billy Goats:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201202_224434698_2.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	350863

180 Blizzard Zero G 105 w/Speed Radical Toes and SSL 2.0 heels (w/ brakes and adjustment plates)
    -Spring/summer touring/ ski mountaineering / alpine terrain

182 UL Praxis GPO w/ SSL 2.0's
    -Winter/ below treeline touring

187 Woody Guthrie Pro Model (187 Protests) w/ SSL 2.0's
    -Deep snow touring or go faster when meadow skipping

181 Salomon QST 106 w/ Tectons
    -Dolomites daily driver/lift assisted touring. These should be living in Italy but Covid won't let me visit. Also have Blizzard Bushwackers w/Kingpins and OG Lhasas w/ Dukes over there.

188 Blizzard Rustler 11 w/ Shifts
    - Resort daily driver + side country

186 Nordica Enforcer Free 104 w/ STH2 13 WTR
    -Skiing with kid

186 Billy Goats w/ Wardens
    - Soft snow abounds.
    Last edited by I've seen black diamonds!; 12-03-2020 at 09:42 AM.

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

Nice quiver. Really nice. Love that nothing is under 104mm.

Coming from someone with R11s, Enforcer 104s and QST 106s too.

Skied the 2020 QST 106s for the 1st time last weekend. Really liked them. Like a lot. They did everything “easily”?

Trying the Enforcer 104s this coming Saturday.

On a side note....liked the QST 106s so much on Saturday, then on Sunday was poking around a local ski shop and stumbled across a new pair of 118 QST 118s....well new except 1 toe drilled on only 1 ski....only $400cdn ($300US). Sigh. Here we go.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 12-04-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Would like to hear your thoughts on your quiver. What Ski do like best for what usage? This would be a dream quiver for myself. How does the green monster work with this tiny binding?

Quote Originally Posted by obi wan kenobi View Post
    Would like to hear your thoughts on your quiver. What Ski do like best for what usage? This would be a dream quiver for myself. How does the green monster work with this tiny binding?
    Edited my posy above to answer your question plus more below. Man this got long... I'm avoiding work.

I haven't skied the Protests yet, but I have over 100 days on the GPOs next to them and wouldn't change a thing. They don't ski that much like a stock GPO. Much better float. Much less stable. Great for skiing tight trees and low angle powder. They're great in steeper soft snow too, but when I'm able to ski steep stable snow I often take the Zero G's because I'm often doing more work to get there and the benefits of width diminish as slopes get steeper. I have zero concerns about little binding on big ski.

The Protests and Billy Goats are overkill, but the price was right on both and some skis are worth it even if you only get them out a few days a year. I really like touring on a fat ski in CO in the winter when I'm sticking to sub 30º slopes because persistent slabs. They're just faster and more fun in mellow terrain. The UL GPO's have been great. Maybe the Protests will be more greaterer? They're heavy, but I often go out for half days mid week and weight doesn't matter much as I'm limited by time rather than fitness. Plus I have the Protests set up for bigger boots (Hawx vs F1's). I'm curious to see which pair I end up reaching for and when.

I don't think Billy Goats overlap as much with the Rustlers as one might think despite similar dimension. Rustlers are the best all around ski I've ever used, but don't stand out in fresh. Billy Goats are the opposite.

I never had any intention of skiing the QST's in the USA. My step father is Italian and lives mostly in the Dolomites. Most years I get over for a week+ of skiing, usually in March. I do a combo of lift assisted touring and skiing with family, mostly on groomers, corn and shallow pow. I might ski a couple hours with my family and end up in the next town over for lunch. Then they'll ski home using the lifts and I'll skin over a ridge into a different valley and make my way home under my own power. QST's with Tectons should be a great combo for this. I've demoed the QST's but haven't skied my pair. They're great all-rounders, especially for the weight. I'll ski them back to back with the Enforcers (which are new) this week. I don't travel back and forth with skis because on the most convenient flight it costs $300 to bring skis round trip. Plus travel involves two trains and kids so carrying the skis sucks anyway. Every 5 years or so I add something new over there.

The Enforcers are the ski I have the biggest doubts about. I've had Cochises in my quiver for most of the last decade. I found myself taking the Rustlers on more and more days that previously would have been Cochise days. Plus I have a 6 year old I ski with frequently. Cochises suck for that. So the Enforcers are hopefully fun skiing with a kid on mellow terrain but still sturdy enough when I can ditch him for a few laps. The price was good and the way people describes them makes them sound like they're just what I'm looking for for, but looking at the shape... it doesn't speak to me. Kind of wish I'd gotten Mantra 102s. If I don't like them I may sell them and just use the QST's for this until they end up in Italy after the fucking virus chills out.

The 105's replace Zero G 108's. I loved those skis. So stable and predictable for the weight. A good deal came up in gear swap for the new version so I pounced. I know a few people who moved from the 108's to 105's and are very happy. I save a few grams and hopefully gain a little soft snow maneuverability without losing much stability. Fingers crossed.

I ditched all my skinny skis. I wasn't using them. I've had a skinny touring ski for years, but because in CO corn turns to slop so fast when the sun is out, and because we don't have big volcanos that require hours of kick turns and sidehilling, I've just come to prefer something wider. Plus I don't think my old Zero G 85's were as good as my 108's in any terrain or snow. I could see myself enjoying a (close to) full on rando set up if I skied 100 days a year but that ain't happening any time soon. In a year or two when my older boy starts skiing faster and for longer, but before he starts skiing off piste a lot, there may be a period when I want a groomer zoomer again. But for now I don't see a need.

This season's quiver:

Dynastars Big Trouble: baby's first ski/rock ski that I haven't used in a long time

188cm QST 99s: was originally my DD ski but decided to invest in touring and converted w/ the shifts last season. Pretty heavy but get's the job done and learned a lot on these. Looking forward to getting a more tour oriented setup in the future

187cm ON3P Woodsman 108: current DD and favorite ski to be on. Handles everything I'd see at a resort really well.

189cm ON3P Billy Goats: powder/lift assisted touring ski. Haven't ridden yet but after hearing so much about the fabled performance I pulled the trigger last spring.

Boots:
    Lange RX 120 for the WD108s and BTs
    Atomic Hawx XTD Ultra 130 for QSTs and BGs

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    The Enforcers are the ski I have the biggest doubts about. I've had Cochises in my quiver for most of the last decade. I found myself taking the Rustlers on more and more days that previously would have been Cochise days. Plus I have a 6 year old I ski with frequently. Cochises suck for that. So the Enforcers are hopefully fun skiing with a kid on mellow terrain but still sturdy enough when I can ditch him for a few laps. The price was good and the way people describes them makes them sound like they're just what I'm looking for for, but looking at the shape... it doesn't speak to me. Kind of wish I'd gotten Mantra 102s. If I don't like them I may sell them and just use the QST's for this until they end up in Italy after the fucking virus chills out.

Thanks for your long answer. Very much appreciated!
    I had to laugh out loud as I read the section about the enforcer. That were excatly my intentions too and I am too concerned about how they ski. They look right but somehow I have my doubts. And even I have not skied them yet, I already wondered if I should have purchased the Mantra 102...

Name:	Quiver.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	351055

Solidified quiver for the season. May add a nerd touring ski later, but I doubt I'll get my hands on a vision 98/108.

From left to right:

189 PROTO - Binding Freedom inserts for STHs and 22 designs outlaws. Nobody wants to buy my swiss cheese skis, so I think I'll probably just keep these for places like Wolf Creek or other low-angle terrain with lots of snow.

192 R11S - BF inserts for STHs and shifts. For days with 10+ inches, touring in lots of snow.

193 Gunsmokes - BF inserts for Adrenalines, STHs, outlaws. More swiss cheese nobody wants, so I'll keep these as a rock ski or when I'm feeling particularly fabulous/fruity and wanna tele.

192 Stormrider TT - BF inserts for STHs. Rage. Go fast. Scare myself.

192 m-free 108 - BF inserts for STHs. Daily driver, do-it-all. I have high expectations that this skis will be what I'm on for anything 4-12 inches.

187 Menace 98s - BF inserts for shifts (maybe STHs later). With very little prospect of snagging a vision 98/108, I've decided that this ski and the R11 will be acceptable for my touring needs. I'd rather have a more dedicated touring ski, but the touring twin-tip market is the pits right now. I'll also use this for spring days, park days, and moguls days - probably a good amount of use at MJ/WP.
    Last edited by DarthMarkus; 12-03-2020 at 08:10 PM.

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

Name:	IMG_0204.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	351.5 KB 
ID:	351059

L->R

190 L 120 pure f2
    189 L120 spoon
    185 Movement Buzz
    196 Protest f4 enduro
    193 SuperGoat stiff not Aever
    190 QLab
    191 Scott P4
    187 Down Showdown 105
    191 Mantra 102
    184 Movement Sluff (aka baby Goliath)
    193 Enforcer 93 (for sale)
    177 1080s

Longboards
    208 K2 GS race
    215 Atomic Arc SG
    212 Dynastar SG
    220 K2 DH
    TGR Forums
    Last edited by SeatownSlackey; 12-03-2020 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post

Nice.
    Comments on those showdown 105s?

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post

Eh, not bad for a beater.

Hope to share some runs alongside those skis soon, man.

Look fwd to turns as well Norse.

N1ck,

With the shortened season I didn’t get enough time on them to really figure them out yet.

Def some of, if not the dampest skis I’ve ever been on. They’re in there as shitfuck slayers so it’s a conundrum where I hope I don’t want/need to ski them.

Name:	IMG_6248.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	1,020.0 KB 
ID:	351238

Yeah I ski the East ...

There was J, Double J, KJ, JJ, another guy who said 'Just Call Me J', Shaggy, and a guy who called himself Whooshit.

10/10 wonderful collection, so many cool skis there. Especially the heads with 916s.

What are the wood skis?

10/10 wonderful collection, so many cool skis there. Especially the heads with 916s.

What are the wood skis?
    Igneous Gulo - 192. They don’t see much use outside of Alaska...

There was J, Double J, KJ, JJ, another guy who said 'Just Call Me J', Shaggy, and a guy who called himself Whooshit.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnowflake View Post
    Igneous Gulo - 192. They don’t see much use outside of Alaska...
    Sick, the 132mm waist version?

What pair on the wall is your favorite?

Sick, the 132mm waist version?

What pair on the wall is your favorite?
    Yes, 132mm.

Favorite? That’s so hard...they’re like children...you like em all for different reasons.

Best moments of my ski life have happened on spoons.

Spatulas changed the way I skied.

I don’t know if I’ve ever had a deeper love affair with a ski like I’ve had with the Bo’s.

Been further outside of my comfort zone than ever on the BMX 115’s.

Was Caught in an avi on the BMT122’s.

The PNC118 skis wicked good and the throwback set up(kvc paint job + 957 metal bindings ... plus Lange pink panthers) gets looks every time.

Had 15 minutes of fame on the Renegades in Chile last summer when 4FRNT picked up some Rylo footage.

The BMX 105hp is just an incredible ski...

The gulos are so unique in their construction and feel...

...etc etc etc...

The comi’s, Protos and tx98’s haven’t been skied yet but I have high hopes!

Name:	PXL_20201206_015948584-01.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	623.2 KB 
ID:	351375
    I think I'm going to widle my quiver down to these three skis.

-188 Rustler 11s with Shifts for resort/ sidecountry

-190 Moment DWTs with Voyagers for backcountry.

-179 Liberty V92s with Pivots for Groomers/low tide days.

If I like the DWTs I'm thinking I'll sell my 186 Liberty Origin 106s with Shifts (not shown), which were previously a do it all setup for me in a place with less snow than where I currently live.

Yeah I ski the East ...

How do the Dicators compare to the Bodes?

Yeah I ski the East ...

Binding game is strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post

Name:	Quiver.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	351055

Solidified quiver for the season. May add a nerd touring ski later, but I doubt I'll get my hands on a vision 98/108.

From left to right:

189 PROTO - Binding Freedom inserts for STHs and 22 designs outlaws. Nobody wants to buy my swiss cheese skis, so I think I'll probably just keep these for places like Wolf Creek or other low-angle terrain with lots of snow.

192 R11S - BF inserts for STHs and shifts. For days with 10+ inches, touring in lots of snow.

193 Gunsmokes - BF inserts for Adrenalines, STHs, outlaws. More swiss cheese nobody wants, so I'll keep these as a rock ski or when I'm feeling particularly fabulous/fruity and wanna tele.

192 Stormrider TT - BF inserts for STHs. Rage. Go fast. Scare myself.

192 m-free 108 - BF inserts for STHs. Daily driver, do-it-all. I have high expectations that this skis will be what I'm on for anything 4-12 inches.

187 Menace 98s - BF inserts for shifts (maybe STHs later). With very little prospect of snagging a vision 98/108, I've decided that this ski and the R11 will be acceptable for my touring needs. I'd rather have a more dedicated touring ski, but the touring twin-tip market is the pits right now. I'll also use this for spring days, park days, and moguls days - probably a good amount of use at MJ/WP.
    Sweet. How would you compare the M Free 108s to the Rustler 11s?

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    How do the Dicators compare to the Bodes?
    Apples and oranges...the Bo’s are more solid, quiet, damp, predictable and loose. The bamboo is more dense that the hybrid of woods used in the D4 core (they use paulownia + poplar which are typically lightweight touring core choices).

Bodacious also has a Longer radius = Cadillac turns in the chop and buff...it’s a classic mammoth ski.

Dictator is more precise, responsive, less forgiving and more turny...I’ve described it as a big mountain GS ski that’ll whip your ass if you don’t stay on it. It’s not as easy to let it run as the bodacious.

Even with metal binding, you can feel changes in the snow through the ski.

It doesn’t feel as dense or as grounded as the bo, and to my style of skiing, it’s not as versatile of a tool.

It’s a lot of fun and I love having a metal laminate crusher with a relatively tight turn radius, but it’s more of a curiosity / novelty ski than a go-to whip.