Page 153 of 236 FirstFirst ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 5879
    Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I didn't see them or I would of grabbed them. They sound like a challenge
    Next time I gotta be a better mag

Quote Originally Posted by TeenaGeR View Post
    So if I was to sell the jjs or the patrons, what would be an approximate amount to ask? Patrons have 1.5 mounts, one for fks and then the demo mount but I reused holes, and the jjs have only one mount and have never seen snow.

Sent from my VS988 using TGR Forums mobile app
    JJs have some value, used Patrons don't. I sold mine for $150 with one set of holes. I have a theory the Bilster Review that trashed the tips of the Patrons destroyed any chance of resale.

It really is too bad, Patron was a rad ski. The blister reviewers were less rad on skis.

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

I liked the Patron too, just not as much as the Gunsmoke. My only problem with the Patron was the 193 wasnt really that Jibby, nor that Chargey. I can see why some would like that though. I tend to like one or the other.

It had the length, weight and burl-factor to charge, but sometimes the tails of the patrons would fold when shutting speed down. Not like a K2 folds, but it still wasnt confidence inspiring.

Patrons are forgiving and easy to ski with those soft extremities, but not really jibby. Too heavy swingweight IMO.

The gunsmoke was just as “jibby”, maybe even more so because it felt like it had a lighter swingweight. However it had a much more consistent flex pattern through the tips/tails, and was much better on edge on firm stuff. I never felt the gunsmoke fold, not ever. The gunsmoke just felt like a more playful, camber-popping Katana. It was really predictable.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If I was skiing untouched, same density snow all day, I'd have no issues grabbing the Patrons, but as soon as the density of the snow changes, or the powder gets cut up, the tips and tails of the Patrons just not predictable to ski in any sort of control. The Gunsmokes are not as good in deep untouched as the Patrons, but after the first run or two on a pow day, the Gunsmokes are infinitely better.

You know what's better then both the 193 Patron and 193 Gunsmokes, the 193 Shiros. Really, it's the best of both worlds, but more awesomerer

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    JJs have some value, used Patrons don't. I sold mine for $150 with one set of holes. I have a theory the Bilster Review that trashed the tips of the Patrons destroyed any chance of resale.
    So if I asked say, 450 for the jjs with bindings would I be visited by the price police? I can't find a pair for sale and they are a pretty rare ski. It's too bad that one review ruined an entire ski, but the tip thing isn't a lie, I can push them to the ground with a ski pole pretty easily.

Sent from my VS988 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I liked the Patron too, just not as much as the Gunsmoke. My only problem with the Patron was the 193 wasnt really that Jibby, nor that Chargey. I can see why some would like that though. I tend to like one or the other.

It had the length, weight and burl-factor to charge, but sometimes the tails of the patrons would fold when shutting speed down. Not like a K2 folds, but it still wasnt confidence inspiring.

Patrons are forgiving and easy to ski with those soft extremities, but not really jibby. Too heavy swingweight IMO.

The gunsmoke was just as “jibby”, maybe even more so because it felt like it had a lighter swingweight. However it had a much more consistent flex pattern through the tips/tails, and was much better on edge on firm stuff. I never felt the gunsmoke fold, not ever. The gunsmoke just felt like a more playful, camber-popping Katana. It was really predictable.

^ this is why I haven't had a Nordica ski pique my interest in years, and what I'm afraid I won't like about the pair of Cochises I just picked up as an EC 'pow' ski.

The nordica enforcer and the cochise wont fold like that

How does that pineapple ski??

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Strokes View Post
    I dig the volkl one 186, most versatile pow ski I've been on

Form left to right.

Libtech Magic Horsepower 188
    -punk rock/ wu tang/ nwa-
    Moment Meridian 187
    - electric funk/ Future/dirty dirty drum and bass-
    Kestle bmx 108 196
    -Flight of the Valkyrie/Speed Metal/Mozart-
    Rossi Sickel 186
    -Rolling Stones/ Neil Young/ Dylan-
    Volkl 1 186
    -acid jazz/Damian Marley-
    Libtech Pownas 191
    -toots and the maytayls/ manu chao/ beats antique
    Moment Donner Party
    -total quite/hoots and hollers/sound of me mouth breathing-
    Standard Ripe Pineapple about 9inches
    -standard flex pattern. Zero camber, trying to decide on the mounting point, anyone rode a similar sized pineapple?

That would be from right to left

I would mount the pineapple +1, since its full rocker and you dont want any wheelie effect.

I agree +1 for the pineapple

How does that pineapple ski??

As you can see from the camber shots the pineapple as a truly unique profile designed by the all powerful Mother Nature. It includes a natural climbing skin layer, that can be easily removed with a sharp knife.
    I feel that there is also a joke about pineapple on your ski pizza but I am not clever enough to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I dig the volkl one 186, most versatile pow ski I've been on
    Ya I really enjoy them as well. They seem to make a marginal snow day into way more fun then it should be!

with the reverse sidecut on the pineapple I think you want a pretty centered mount

nvm beaten to the joke
    Last edited by mbillie1; 10-12-2017 at 12:16 PM. Reason: too slow

Form left to right.

Libtech Magic Horsepower 188
    -punk rock/ wu tang/ nwa-
    Moment Meridian 187
    - electric funk/ Future/dirty dirty drum and bass-
    Kestle bmx 108 196
    -Flight of the Valkyrie/Speed Metal/Mozart-
    Rossi Sickel 186
    -Rolling Stones/ Neil Young/ Dylan-
    Volkl 1 186
    -acid jazz/Damian Marley-
    Libtech Pownas 191
    -toots and the maytayls/ manu chao/ beats antique
    Moment Donner Party
    -total quite/hoots and hollers/sound of me mouth breathing-
    Standard Ripe Pineapple about 9inches
    -standard flex pattern. Zero camber, trying to decide on the mounting point, anyone rode a similar sized pineapple?
    On a more serious note I am going to ski the French alps for 2 1/2 months what should I bring with me?

The donner party

Na jk, the kastle of course.

The donner party

Na jk, the kastle of course.

Let's up the stakes take three to Europe!

184 WSD Superior 112 great all around ski daily driver when I’m not with kids. This skis sold me on WSD

187 Espresso 111 this is a fatter version of the
    Espresso 98 which I skied most days last year loved the shape so it’s a prototype to see how it compares to little brother it was designed to be mounted back little further than the 98.

183 Espresso 98 I love this ski. Hands down the best ski I have been on in the 90 waist range. It rips groomers, trees, light crud and powder and it makes a great Big Cottonwood ski. It’s also nice to have ski like this since most my days are with my kids.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

The DPS quiver currently. I have a set of kingpins I’m thinking to put on the new alchemist 106s (different top sheet)

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Dang. You must be a dentist.

Quote Originally Posted by fat yeti View Post

184 WSD Superior 112 great all around ski daily driver when I’m not with kids. This skis sold me on WSD

187 Espresso 111 this is a fatter version of the
    Espresso 98 which I skied most days last year loved the shape so it’s a prototype to see how it compares to little brother it was designed to be mounted back little further than the 98.

183 Espresso 98 I love this ski. Hands down the best ski I have been on in the 90 waist range. It rips groomers, trees, light crud and powder and it makes a great Big Cottonwood ski. It’s also nice to have ski like this since most my days are with my kids.
    Um. These are very classy looking. Need to learn more about WSD apparently.