Page 234 of 234 FirstFirst ... 229 230 231 232 233 234
Results 5,826 to 5,848 of 5848
    Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Woah, nice. Have you done any touring on your fx96ti? I thought I was crazy for thinking about touring on that ski but I guess I'm not the only one. Seemed like it would be fun for charging big lines in the spring.
    yes and it’s badass. It’s like 1850 per ski and uphill is easier than that implies esp since you can size down on that ski. I’ve never wanted more support up or down - it’s stiff enough to give you a nice platform while being tight length and width wise. Does great in technical terrain and if you have a forward stance is loose enough in 8-10 inches of powder on the way down Doesn’t feel heavy. Very underrated 50/50 ski.

That being said, it’s not a super damp charger of a ski. It punches well above its weight but I ski a 180 to keep it tight and it doesn’t have the mass of much heavier skis. It’s way more ski than the outgoing 96 without metal (the hp) though. the 106ti - that’s a beefy charger but imo way too heavy to tour on.

Some of my best days in Jackson were on the 96ti. It rips and is light. I’d size down not up. It’s all there.

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    yes and it’s badass. It’s like 1850 per ski and uphill is easier than that implies esp since you can size down on that ski. I’ve never wanted more support up or down - it’s stiff enough to give you a nice platform while being tight length and width wise. Does great in technical terrain and if you have a forward stance is loose enough in 8-10 inches of powder on the way down Doesn’t feel heavy. Very underrated 50/50 ski.

That being said, it’s not a super damp charger of a ski. It punches well above its weight but I ski a 180 to keep it tight and it doesn’t have the mass of much heavier skis. It’s way more ski than the outgoing 96 without metal (the hp) though. the 106ti - that’s a beefy charger but imo way too heavy to tour on.

Some of my best days in Jackson were on the 96ti. It rips and is light. I’d size down not up. It’s all there.
    Thanks for the insights! I love this place, haha. I had that ski in a list of skis I was interested in for later season touring in the cascades. I'm sure it's the most "game on" ski in the bunch...

I actually haven’t been on any of the others on your list, but id imagine it’s going to seem like a more damp and smooth faction agent (purely a guess based on what a buddy told me about his agent 3.0). I’d also be surprised if any on your list will have better edge hold on firm conditions and be much more enjoyable on the way down. Also probably at least 2-300 grams heavier than most or all of those on your list. I don’t think it’s hard to ski if you drive your shovels.

Doesnt seem like this applies to you since you’re looking at skis with traditional mount points in this size range, but the tail is on the shorter side. It’s all there and is plenty supportive (stiff and energetic as hell), but it’s very directional and not a ski for getting air. And I would not mount forward on this ski.

The latest additions.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feb.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	486657

BMX118: great float and they can really rail through chop.
    V-werks Katana: very much loving these...what a fun ski! Mounted +1.5 and digging it.
    Mantras: should be fun but they're a bit too centre mounted for my taste, even at the rearward line. Anybody had success at -2 or -3?

Some things were just meant to be together!

Name:	pivot.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	486658

Mrs gwat's:

Name:	rallybird.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	486659
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Them's some sexy binders.

The BMX/pivot combo is the sexiest combo I've ever seen.

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

First time posting in this thread. Be gentle, or not. A fair bit of the current quiver has been acquired thru TGR Gear Swap & beyond over the years, so a big thank you to the collective. I think I need a pair of swallowtail 120's and RC95's to round things out....

Any recommendations for a 2nd ski for Mrs. Donut? Should be inbounds capable & also hikeable. No tech binders allowed, apparently. Weight not an issue at this point.

Name:	IMG_8740.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	487440

Mrs. Donut and I's quiver:

Blizzard Sheeva 11 156cm w/ Tyrolia Adrenalin 13
    K2 BFC 90 W (heated) boots

4FRNT Kye 110 174cm w/Tyrolia Attack 13 demos (shark season)
    BD Helio 105 175cm w/ Dynafit Superlite 2.0 (objective-oriented)
    4FRNT Devastator 184cm w/ Tyrolia Attack 13 demos (DD)
    LINE Sir Francis Bacon 184cm w/ Tyrolia Adrenalin 13 (DD alt)
    Blizzard Rustler 11 188cm w/ Marker Kingpin 13 ("pow" days BC & lift-served)
    Salomon Shift Pro 120 AT boots

And I did mount our own f-ing bindings!
    Last edited by donutlynx; 02-19-2024 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donutlynx View Post
    First time posting in this thread.
    nice quiver man - well thought out!

For the missus - skip the freaking frame bindings (for shifts if not tech) ). Touring on frame bindings is akin to (insert dumb thing here), as is skiing them in the resort. I might opt for something slighty narrower too, like BC Atris Birdie length short mounted +1 (girls love them chevrons - and lets face it, getting them hyped to go out can be more important than if their ski is 100% the best ski - 90% goes a long way). The sheeva 11 is an awesome ski, yet a bit on the wide side for being a daily driver for a petite w.

I would also loose the frame bindings for the SFBs.

did I mention I hate frame bindings?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post

For the missus - skip the freaking frame bindings (for shifts if not tech) ). Touring on frame bindings is akin to (insert dumb thing here), as is skiing them in the resort. I might opt for something slighty narrower too, like BC Atris Birdie length short mounted +1 (girls love them chevrons - and lets face it, getting them hyped to go out can be more important than if their ski is 100% the best ski - 90% goes a long way). The sheeva 11 is an awesome ski, yet a bit on the wide side for being a daily driver for a petite w.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post

Frame bindings should be for loaner skis only, so you can punish your friends for not having their own touring setups. :FM:

Thanks for the input k-k! Long story on those 2 pairs of skis mounted with frame binders, but the short of it is - that's what was needed at the time. Maybe I'll type it out someday.

Those Atris Birdie sticks would certainly fit the bill and the colors are favorable for the Mrs.

This is where my resort quiver has ended up. The idea is to have as few main skis as "possible", though the pow part of the quiver is a bit bloated. Oh well - skiing pow is fun and one only lives once and all that, so having more skis in the part of the quiver makes sense to me.

The main idea is to have skis that I can transition between without really altering how I ski, which is true for the various Rossis and the C&Ds. The BGs want you to ski them a bit more aggressively. All are fairly heavy, damp skis that are also very loose. They can all be skied both with a pretty upright stance and be driven hard.

The wider 5 pairs are all fantastic skis imho, while the BO98 is a more than good enough for that quiver slot imho - I enjoy them.

I also think that the differences in taper, rocker lines and lengths between the various Rossis make a ton of sense - more so than if they (especially the rocker lines) all were the same.

I am still 175cm, 70kg nekkid and have more enthusiasm than actual proper skiing technique.

Name:	IMG_0641.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	490461
    182 Rossignol BlackOps 98 mounted at rec w/ Castified Pivots
    184 Rossignol Sender Free 110 mounted at -2 from rec w/ Castified Pivots
    186 Rossignol BlackOps118 mounted at -2 from rec w/ Castified Pivots
    184 ON3P BillyGoat (pre-asym) mounted at rec w/ Castified Pivots
    184 ON3P Cease&Desist mounted at rec w/ Castified Pivots
    189 ON3P Cease&Desist mounted at rec w/ Pivots

I could axe the 184 C&Ds as I prefer the 189s (more supportive shovels). Then again I really like both - so might as well keep em as this version is no longer on offer.

I Should add do not really tour with them a whole lot. The Cast setups are there so that I can if I choose to do so, or if I need a travel setup that can do whatever. #FOMO

I am contemplating trading the Rossis for ON3P Jeffs, mostly due to being an ON3P fanboii - yet, I am super duper happy with the various Rossis, so I probably won't. I am also contemplating buying a pair of Rossi Sender 106 ti +, mostly to try them.

I will post my touring quiver later on.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 03-14-2024 at 12:44 PM.

^^ nice CAST commitment kid!

Have almost pulled the trigger on a BO 98 many times.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    ^^ nice CAST commitment kid!
    Aka the power of FOMO

To be fair, it is just two sets of Freetour Conversion kits and a bunch of second ski kits. So in essence, a main kit and a spare in case anything happens to it.

Name:	IMG_3730.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	932.2 KB 
ID:	490708

I guess we will run left to right?

First time so let me know if it sucks!

184 Black Crows Mirus Cor w/ p15

188 Moment Countach w/ p15

193 Moment Chipotle Banana (for sale)

194 Moment Ghost Trains w/ Strive 16

186 On3p Jeffery 108 w/ p14

189 On3p Cease and Desist / p14 to be 15

187 HL R120 w/ p15

187 R110 w/ p15

Not pictured or on their way.

187 On3p Woodsman 110.

187 HL RC95

189 HL HB122

I mount everything OTL.

Nice!
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post

I guess we will run left to right?

First time so let me know if it sucks!

187 HL R120 w/ p15

187 R110 w/ p15

187 On3p Woodsman 110.

187 HL RC95

189 HL HB122

I mount everything OTL.

That quiver is trg sex right there!

Tell me about the R110 please

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    That quiver is trg sex right there!

Tell me about the R110 please

Posted a review about mid-way down the page!

Cliffnotes: They are fun AF

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ab-FR110/page2

Posted a review about mid-way down the page!

Cliffnotes: They are fun AF

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ab-FR110/page2
    Thx! Other than your rambling and shit writing.

No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Thx! Other than your rambling and shit writing.

I do what I can lol.

187 HL R120 w/ p15

187 R110 w/ p15

187 On3p Woodsman 110.

187 HL RC95

189 HL HB122

I mount everything OTL.

That's a sweet quiver dude - nicely done! OK, potentially dumb question and apologies for the thread-jack: I'm unversed in Look bindings but am in the market: any reason you went with those P14's over 15's for your Jeffery's? Can you notice a difference between them and the 15's? (I appreciate the 15's have more metal, burlier spring, therefore heavier, but wondering if there's a noticeable difference when you're on 'em?)

Quote Originally Posted by obviouslynotagolfer View Post
    That's a sweet quiver dude - nicely done! OK, potentially dumb question and apologies for the thread-jack: I'm unversed in Look bindings but am in the market: any reason you went with those P14's over 15's for your Jeffery's? Can you notice a difference between them and the 15's? (I appreciate the 15's have more metal, burlier spring, therefore heavier, but wondering if there's a noticeable difference when you're on 'em?)
    P14s are something like a pound lighter binding then P15/18s. That’s why I’ll choose one over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    P14s are something like a pound lighter binding then P15/18s. That’s why I’ll choose one over the other.

Ahh i see - yeah, I can imagine a pound would indeed be noticeable. Thanks!