Page 222 of 236 FirstFirst ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 5880
    Was moving my skis around yesterday afternoon and realized I had not taken a quiver pic for this season.

184cm ON3P ASYM Billy Goats w/STH 16 - Best resort pow ski of all time imo. Not much else to say about that.

184cm ON3P Steeple 102s w/extra carbon w/P18s - So many good memories on these sticks. Probably have 275/300 days on them and they are still kicking. I mostly use them as low tide/spring slush skis at this point but god damn do they crush variable conditions.

186cm Rossi Sickle w/CAST - Current daily driver. I had a chance to try these a few years ago and finally got my hands on a minty pair last spring. Whatever turn you want they will make it. Charge, slarve, carve, spin, dust on crust, deep manky pow, ect... they will do it and do it well. Rocker/Flat/Rocker is the shit if the snow is 3D at all. I am officially a convert to the cult of Sickle. I just wish they were more durable. One season in the San Juans and they are already 1/4th ptex.

188cm Salomon QST 106 w/MTN - Current dedicated touring skis. I've never really fallen in love with them. I thought I'd like the heavy-ish ski with the lighter binding/boots combo but with the kind of variable shit we tour a lot here in the Juans I just haven't loved them. I'm looking at the WNDR Intention flat camber, Raven or BG tour 110 as a replacement for next season.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ski Quiver.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	689.0 KB 
ID:	408696

Not Pictured - 182cm Wagner's - Unmounted currently, but look like excellent spring touring skis. Belonged a friend who passed away last year. He beat them to shit, so I tuned them up really nice and have been waiting to get bindings to put on them. Hopefully I'll get that done before the spring really kicks off.
    Last edited by ASmileyFace; 03-08-2022 at 10:28 PM.

Touring:
    160cm Voile WSP/Moonlight Telepure - Occasional skimo racing and fitness skins
    180cm Praxis BC/Meidjo 3.0 black - Daily driver touring ski
    189cm DPS Lotus 120/22D Lynx - Powder touring

Resort:
    184cm ON3P Wrenegade 96/Outlaw X- More days than not this is the ski I am on (pray for snow)
    192cm Dynastar Legend Pro 105/Outlaw X- Got these real cheap, realistically too big for me. A novelty. 190cm Moment Deathwish/Outlaw X- Do everything soft snow ski, one of my favorite skis ever.
    189cm ON3P Cease and Desist/Outlaw X- 20" fell overnight and I'm front row on Wildcat. Really any time it snows a foot or more overnight with a soft base these come out.

Not pictured are some 200cm skinny skis for skiing with leather boots in the spring or actually nordic skiing. Also not pictured is the six boot quiver, four plastic and two leather.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220323_095100.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	877.6 KB 
ID:	410532  

Name:	IMG_4660.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	410981

^My main picks this season.
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

End of season update. Somehow still hunting for additions (not out of need) and the GPOs and Deathwish are FOR SALE.

Name:	Image1649031172.992448.jpg 
Size:	312.1 KB 
ID:	411882
    focus.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    End of season update. Somehow still hunting for additions (not out of need) and the GPOs and Deathwish are FOR SALE.

Name:	Image1649031172.992448.jpg 
Size:	312.1 KB 
ID:	411882
    Corvus v Q Lab v 107ti: what comes out when?

Q lab is old and tired after several seasons as DD; it’s now relegated to low tide duty. Ranger has been DD last couple years. Corvus is new and feels real nice in spring slush. Won’t know until next year which makes sense where. The slot, if there even is one, between renegade and the 10x ski is the present conundrum. Should also find a legit hard snow ski.
    focus.

Q lab is old and tired after several seasons as DD; it’s now relegated to low tide duty. Ranger has been DD last couple years. Corvus is new and feels real nice in spring slush. Won’t know until next year which makes sense where. The slot, if there even is one, between renegade and the 10x ski is the present conundrum. Should also find a legit hard snow ski.
    You need a sender squad

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    You need a sender squad
    I can wait for DTMs to hit gear swap.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    You need a sender squad
    Second this

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Here’s my current quiver although the two on the right are hitting gear swap. Probably won’t have time to post details for a few days but DM me if interested. I see you looking, Mustonen…

Starting with the outgoing skis:
    Sender Squad: This ski is a lot of fun for pointing it in a straight line through almost anything while being easy to shut down when needed. Only mildly annoying in tight terrain/big moguls due to length/weight/width. Unfortunately, tight terrain is where I like to spend my time so I’d rather optimize for that. Replacing with the Wildcat 108, which I hope will be ~25% more maneuverable/playful and I’m willing to give up some stability/suspension at speed.
    Bent Chetler 100 at 180: bought as a Dad ski. Complete opposite of Sender Squad: short, light, and playful. Perfect for chasing kids through mini parks and mellow terrain on the West Coast. Unfortunately I do most of that kind of skiing on the East Coast. Want something narrower with better suspension.

New quiver:
    J Skis FastForward 181: East Coast/Dad ski
    Wildcat 108 190: West Coast/travel one ski quiver

Not sure the FF is going to work for me but I’ve always got the J 5 day guarantee. Will get my first day on them tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4332CB44-0F5B-4FCB-80EA-4431D5A24402.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	451.2 KB 
ID:	412428  

Name:	2022 quiver.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	238.6 KB 
ID:	412618

Everybody lined up back home before getting put away.

Don't need to break down every pair, but a few notables from this season:

-191 Mantra: haven't had a pair of these since they came out; still not the best at anything, but do literally everything pretty damn well. Skied these more than I'd like due to lackluster snowpack. They're still not my favorite frontside skis, but they are damned versatile.

-189 Atomic Vantage 107Ti: Settled on -2.3 for the mount; pretty happy there. A bit too turny for firm snow for my tastes, but are stupid quick in the trees without feeling washy when you open them up. Nice locked in feel in crud and dust on crust.

-190 Kneissl Tankers: are still the shit. If anyone has some moldering in the basement, I will happily liberate them from you.

-LP 105's were unmounted so I could figure out the Vantage; I'll mount them back up for next year and ski the Atomics when these die. Wish I had more days to ski them, but I have much better hardpack skis and that's what our season was.

-202 Ranger 108Ti: Picked them up midseason because they were too cheap to say no. Ended up mounting at -3, and they fucking rip. Quick, lively, tons of pop and grip, good float and fun all around. Totally different feel from the 188 in all the good ways. Plenty stable without feeling like a monster truck. Will ski till they're dead.

My ski preferences stalled about a decade ago; so I have some backups for when other skis are retired. Order of operations for my next few hard snow DDs are: Mantras, Tankers, SR95s, Legend 94s, SC97s. If it snowed more here I'd probably get hip to the new jive, but for what I'm doing on a daily basis, "loose" and "surfy" just aren't attributes I need.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post

Name:	2022 quiver.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	238.6 KB 
ID:	412618

-202 Ranger 108Ti: Picked them up midseason because they were too cheap to say no. Ended up mounting at -3, and they fucking rip. Quick, lively, tons of pop and grip, good float and fun all around. Totally different feel from the 188 in all the good ways. Plenty stable without feeling like a monster truck. Will ski till they're dead.
    -3 felt perfect for the 202 Rangers for me too. That ski is awesome. Truly unique in how easy it skis and how much it rips.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:	20220410_133118.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	412638

Storage time unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    My ski preferences stalled about a decade ago; so I have some backups for when other skis are retired. Order of operations for my next few hard snow DDs are: Mantras, Tankers, SR95s, Legend 94s, SC97s. If it snowed more here I'd probably get hip to the new jive, but for what I'm doing on a daily basis, "loose" and "surfy" just aren't attributes I need.
    Be happy to help you out if those 3rd string SR95s start lacking use…

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post

Name:	20220410_133118.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	412638

Storage time unfortunately
    Note where zomblibulaX’s ski straps are. I don’t believe you want to store squeezing the camber.
    Uno mas

The whole point of straps aside from keeping the skis together is to wedge in between the contact points so your bases and edges don't grindfuck all summer long, thus location will vary depending on your rocker lines. And your brakes do the former purpose well enough for the underfoot area that it doesn't need additional help there anyways.

Name:	07255D94-7216-4FE8-9F97-B40EDC43368B.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	636.1 KB 
ID:	412694
    Reckoner 102 being mounted…

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Be happy to help you out if those 3rd string SR95s start lacking use…
    Cold dead hands. Love that ski, but I only need so many similar skis mounted up at one time. I've reached the point where I'm so unhappy with my options to replace my frontside/piste skis that I'm almost afraid to ski what I have because I know I can't find a suitable replacement. It's not healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMagnet View Post
    ...grindfuck...
    Thank you, I've been looking for appropriate terminology for that phenomenon for decades now.

Minor update: added 184 Moment Deathwish. Unloaded the MSP 99. GPOs for sale.

Attachment 407621

Which two to bring to Big Sky in a couple weeks?
    Mind if I ask why you unloaded the 99s?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Mind if I ask why you unloaded the 99s?
    Didn’t really do it for me. They were plenty capable, but didn’t make me smile and I never reached for them. YMMV.
    focus.

Didn’t really do it for me. They were plenty capable, but didn’t make me smile and I never reached for them. YMMV.
    Kinda leaning towards the Ravens instead tbh. Maybe with CAST so I can double down on inbounds touring. I keep bouncing between various skis but fuck it, take the pokemon approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Kinda leaning towards the Ravens instead tbh. Maybe with CAST so I can double down on inbounds touring. I keep bouncing between various skis but fuck it, take the pokemon approach.
    I absolutely love the Raven as a touring ski but I have essentially zero interest in skiing them inbounds. They're good to great in a whole lot of types of untracked(ish) snow but get knocked around a lot in chopped up stuff, and aren't much fun on groomers (which are obviously about the last thing they're designed for, but a very real part of resort skiing most places even if they're not what you're seeking out). Awesome skis, but putting CAST on them for 50/50 duty feels like a poor use of them to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    I absolutely love the Raven as a touring ski but I have essentially zero interest in skiing them inbounds. They're good to great in a whole lot of types of untracked(ish) snow but get knocked around a lot in chopped up stuff, and aren't much fun on groomers (which are obviously about the last thing they're designed for, but a very real part of resort skiing most places even if they're not what you're seeking out). Awesome skis, but putting CAST on them for 50/50 duty feels like a poor use of them to me.
    I was reading the Hoji thread and it was kinda of a mixed bag on opinions, but I definitely take yours into consideration too. Theres a whole bunch of 50/50 (which will really be 70/30) options including the Deathwish, Ravens, Woodsman etc. Hard to pick!

I have Ravens as well, mounted with Tectons, and agree with HAB’s assessment.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Funny. I have Ravens with Duke PT 16s….and I wholeheartedly disagree with above as I love skiing my Ravens inbounds.

Eg having the Ravens set up to rip fast inbounds saved a powder hwy trip at Red and Whitewater with dust on crust for 5 days. I think what makes them a great bc ski (make shit snow skiable and feel ok) is also needed inbounds sometimes. The Ravens ski great inbounds for their reasonable weight. Shockingly fun on groomers (even icy groomers) when you engage the whole edge. I haven’t skied them in deep crud, but for going fast on dust on crust, groomers and pow I love them.

So likely two pair is needed.

PS I have Bentchetler 110s with Tectons for more dedicated bc laps.
    Last edited by kc_7777; 04-16-2022 at 01:10 PM.