Check Out Our Shop
Page 236 of 236 FirstFirst ... 231 232 233 234 235 236
Results 5,876 to 5,899 of 5899
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Alitalia lost my OG purple haze XR9's. I'm still pissed.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Oof - bad luck!

Quote Originally Posted by obviouslynotagolfer View Post
    Sweet quiver. Digging the XR9's - the first brand new boots i ever bought, circa 1995 or thereabouts - man, were they ever cool.

Very curious about the two sizes of Bodacious - do you find ample usage for both?
    Yes, I use my 186 on the east coast and 196 out west. My 196, v3 nocta and a Corvus are all headed to Reno to live at my buddies house. Sick of traveling with skis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Yes, I use my 186 on the east coast and 196 out west. My 196, v3 nocta and a Corvus are all headed to Reno to live at my buddies house. Sick of traveling with skis.

If I spent more time at my sisters in South Lake I’d do the same, leave a few pairs of skis in her garage, just can’t justify it for 3-4 days every few years

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post

Right on, and sounds like a good plan!

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

Different than started the season but pretty happy with it. Little overlap and everything has a purpose.

168 Kastle MX70/997s - stiff planks/ice skates for firm days and chasing my racer friends mach snell

176 Dynastar M Pro 85/STH2 - EC daily driver

177 Scottybobs/HHs -chasing the youngest around the greens

179 Faction Agent 2.0/Dynafit Speed- lightweight meadow skippers that work with my mega rides for longer tours and Spring days

179 Bros/Shifts - daily driver everywhere else/travel ski, I hope these never die on me

186 Lhasa’s/STH2 - pow ski when there might be long run outs

190 FR132/STH2 - pow plows that I hope to get to use at some point next season if I didn’t jinx myself by buying them

Plus some his/hers loaner AT skis (Queen Attiva/Freerides) and the kids skis.

Last edited by BCR; 04-27-2024 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tromano View Post
    Apathy is harder for me to understand than passion.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Here's all my old bruisers; not too much change from last year:

194 '04 Scot Schmidt Pro: picked them up on the board with more mounts than days skied; still just kill it.
    190 '08 Kneissl Tankers: they're showing their age finally; it will be a sad day when they go to the shed.
    189 Atomic Vantage 107ti: still working on figuring these out, ended up with Duke pt's because of super cheap sale. I just haven't really jived with these, I think most of it is my "touring" boot: krypton 130 with a Lupo cuff.
    188 HL R99 Comp: the best god damn low tide all mountain ski I've skied. I'm really bummed things didn't work out for Marshal to make another round of these; let me know if you're holding.
    202 Fischer Ranger 108ti: gigantic ninja sticks. Have no business being so quick for a big dumb ski.
    192 Dynastar LP 105: I had too much fun skiing the R99 on dust on crust to take these out much this year.
    184 Dynastar Speed Course Pro: icy work skis
    192 Movement SuperTurbo: didn't even take the storage wax off this year. I'll get a new pow stick when these die, which may well be never.
    188 '06 Scot Schmidt Pro: groomer zoomer
    186 Rossi SC97: work beaters
    222 Blizzard V20: soooooooo fun this spring. Really glad I didn't put a plate on them, they are hilarious in bumps.
    189 Dynastar Legend 94: family ski.

Had an R99 AM that went by the wayside; retired some old mantras, not much else changed. Just a big dumb guy with a bunch of big dumb skis.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Just a big dumb guy with a bunch of big dumb skis.
    I always look forward to see what you're skiing every year. I'm not that much of a big guy, but i'm dumb and ski big dumb skis too.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    I always look forward to see what you're skiing every year. I'm not that much of a big guy, but i'm dumb and ski big dumb skis too.
    Sometimes a big dumb ski is just the thing. And landing a three on a ski a foot taller than you is really fucking rewarding

Zombie, if your R99s ever die and you’re in dire need let me know and I’ll send you mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QuiverSpring2024.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	493444

Name:	QuiverCamberSpring2024.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	493445

Quote Originally Posted by forumskier View Post

Name:	QuiverSpring2024.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	493444

Name:	QuiverCamberSpring2024.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	493445
    The head monster profile strikes fear into my heart.

The Monsters are friggen broken, I’m pissed. They’ve “been fixed” but I’ll never trust them. I’ve skied them and they are fine, but in my head..

Missing in the pic is a backup pair of Pro Riders and 196 Bodacious.

The Pro Riders are the most demanding, significantly more than Monster/Wildcat 108s.

Besides those three, Pro Riders/Monsters/Bodacious, surprisingly(maybe not?) the best comp ski is the Wildcat 108. My pair is beefy AF at near 2200g/ski and stiffer than all the other skis except Monster.

I can’t wait to try Sender Squads. They are stiffer than Declivity X, which is a necessity for me inbounds. I may mount the DX with touring bindings tho, great skis.
    Last edited by forumskier; 05-12-2024 at 08:10 PM.

I've got a pretty cherry (other than the two mounts) 184 108 Monster I don't need anymore.

You guys think I can fit 95mm Pivots on Sender Squads (Blister measures them at 110 underfoot)?

I've had 95mm Pivots bent to fit on 123mm skis before, but they didn't really do their job of stopping the skis. However I've seen 95mm pivots go on 101mm skis with out even bending, and Moment was recommending the 95s for their DW104s.
    Last edited by forumskier; 05-12-2024 at 09:02 PM.

Yup. Just bend them. If you do it right they’ll look lots cleaner than a 115 will.
    focus.

And, what's the correct way of bending Pivot/FKS brakes? A pipe? Boot in? Any heat needed?

I have a 2003ish FKS Race 155 that is on a GS ski that needs to transfer to my 110 waist. Already planning on buying a 115 brake but have been told by folks here to just bend what I have as that gen is actually stronger.

FKS BENDING - Gear Talk - Newschoolers.com

There is a vid on youtube, which I did not find anymore - worked for me many times

PS.: Older FKS Race 155 brakes have a smaller diameter than the newer brakes and they can break if you apply to much/to fast pressure while bending.

PPS.: Found it -
    Last edited by obi wan kenobi; 05-13-2024 at 05:34 AM.

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

I used to take them apart, but these days I just use a slightly flattened length of old pipe. Boot in, bend them out. Boot out, wrap them around the ski nice and neat. Keep the brakes at whatever temperature is most comfortable for drinking beer.

Pretty sure I saw Marshal suggest that first. Faster and way lazier, which is exactly my speed.
    focus.

Cheers, guys. I'll give it a go when the time comes. I appreciate the feedback. Much obliged...

That vid is super helpful as it's the exact binding I'm working with.

Mustonen, I think I recall Marshal doing that in a vid 10-15 years ago. Looked super easy. But I thought it was Salomon brakes. Maybe it doesn't matter.

I'll probably give Mustonen's/Marshal's approach a go first and if anything breaks, just buy a 115 brake. I just have a hunch that extra width is gonna be in my way in daily life... just like my 130 STH brake is in my way on my 122 Ren.

Name:  IMG_4423.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  111.1 KB

Never posted my quiver so here goes.

Spats......my go to deep snow ski
    2013 Gotamas.....my everyday ski (came with demo binders)
    2012 Gotamas.....my backup to my everyday ski (also came with demo binders)
    Salomon QST......teach the kids how to ski ski
    K2's.........I found them in the garbage, one mount, bases and edges are pristine, I don't think they were ever skied, need to get bindings on them
    1080's........one of the most funner skis ever, I will not let them die
    DPS's........haven't rode them yet, picked them up at a yard sale, dude that owned them said he used them 1 day
    Black Crow's..........daily touring rig

Half my quiver came from fellow mags, a few more from resale/garage sales. The only ones bought new by me were both pairs of Salomon's.

Not pictured are my destroyed 2006 Gotamas with the infamous rooster tails as they are no longer skiable but I just can't seem to throw them away.

Some of the Usual Suspects hanging out.

Zomb… if you ever want to move those 202 Rangers, ping me first. I get along well with that gen Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Zombie, if your R99s ever die and you’re in dire need let me know and I’ll send you mine.
    If you're on the sea to sky, I'll gladly take them off your hands in August. Or would be happy with right of first refusal should you wish to move them.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Zomb… if you ever want to move those 202 Rangers, ping me first. I get along well with that gen Ranger.
    If I ever want to move those rangers, I will be a sad, sad little man. Best $75 I think I've ever spent on skis.

But I will avail you of my emasculation first.

PS: I don't know how to feel about the fact that you have a teleboard. It's a toss up between pride and shame.

I Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8700.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	883.2 KB 
ID:	494052sold my <100mm skis at the end of the season, so everything here is looking a little beefier. But here is me + my wife’s stock. Need to decide on binders for her Moment Bellas & then my lightweight AT for the Moment Meridians.

Name:	PXL_20240613_204910466a.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	494989