Page 215 of 236 FirstFirst ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 5879
    Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    relativity.....said some Smhaaaart guy.

i'll go ahead and speak for JJA and say no one here is saying BGs aren't a top tier option for a deep day. Just if you are going to compare them to an even more untracked specific shape that skews more r/r (Protest, L138, etc) that BG isn't going to be quite as loose/surfy. But key here is not to loose sight that we are dissecting minute pow skiing differences between a ski in the top 5% of all pow skis and those in the top 1-2%.

plenty of folks here way happier to grab BGs for their pow days and be rewarded with a super fun pow ride that is damn near just as much fun when it starts to get cut up. In other words, dont let the neuroses of the mag collective make you second guess a purchase of a nearly universally adored ski
    Great insight here. Thank you! Now I'm even more curious, though...which pow skis are in the top 1-2% for you???

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    Great insight here. Thank you! Now I'm even more curious, though...which pow skis are in the top 1-2% for you???
    Protest (and similar 5 point side cut skis, Magic J), one of the versions of the Spoon tip DPS (probably the 138), something like the Pontoon, or the C&D. Think the uber fats that are very easy to slarve a turn.

I love fat skis, but over 115mm is overkill for all but the .0001% of days. I do still have Pon2oons, but they rarely get skied because I almost always grab something about 115mm wide. If I lived in Japan, AK, or maybe BC, I’d grab another pair of Uber fats, but outside that, no thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Protest (and similar 5 point side cut skis, Magic J), one of the versions of the Spoon tip DPS (probably the 138), something like the Pontoon, or the C&D. Think the uber fats that are very easy to slarve a turn.

I love fat skis, but over 115mm is overkill for all but the .0001% of days. I do still have Pon2oons, but they rarely get skied because I almost always grab something about 115mm wide. If I lived in Japan, AK, or maybe BC, I’d grab another pair of Uber fats, but outside that, no thanks.
    Agreed. 118 is prob as wide as I would go for something permanently in my quiver. I figure I can always demo something fatter if I'm somewhere that justifies it, but I've skied 36" storms on 115 uf and did juuuuust fine..

The 2022 182 cm BG118 is gonna replace my 2010 188cm RossiS7 (actually measures 184cm, and Im pretty sure has the same "5 point design" you speak of; maybe even began the movement? not sure), and was always my favorite ski as my skills were developing early in my ski career. Since becoming a harder charger, it's proven to be a little soft for my liking with a less than supportive tail (almost nonexistent), and was always way easier to get into the backseat on them than other skis I've purchased since, but I still love how easy they are to throw sideways. I'm hoping I can throw the new BG's sideways just the same!!! Everything I've read says I will be able to, so here's to hoping.

Random other question for all the mags....buddy of mine has discounts through Fatypus, which I've only seen on the hill less than a handful of times over the 12-13 years I've been skiing and feels like they are losing traction as a company. Can't say I love their topsheets either - anyone ever been on those? The D'Riddim is prob the shape I'd look at...which funny enough, claims it has a "5point design".

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    Agreed. 118 is prob as wide as I would go for something permanently in my quiver. I figure I can always demo something fatter if I'm somewhere that justifies it, but I've skied 36" storms on 115 uf and did juuuuust fine..

The 2022 182 cm BG118 is gonna replace my 2010 188cm RossiS7 (actually measures 184cm, and Im pretty sure has the same "5 point design" you speak of; maybe even began the movement? not sure), and was always my favorite ski as my skills were developing early in my ski career. Since becoming a harder charger, it's proven to be a little soft for my liking with a less than supportive tail (almost nonexistent), and was always way easier to get into the backseat on them than other skis I've purchased since, but I still love how easy they are to throw sideways. I'm hoping I can throw the new BG's sideways just the same!!! Everything I've read says I will be able to, so here's to hoping.

Random other question for all the mags....buddy of mine has discounts through Fatypus, which I've only seen on the hill less than a handful of times over the 12-13 years I've been skiing and feels like they are losing traction as a company. Can't say I love their topsheets either - anyone ever been on those? The D'Riddim is prob the shape I'd look at...which funny enough, claims it has a "5point design".
    I agree, and I think most places that you’ll go for deep deep pow, excluding Japan because they love carving groomers, will have fat skis to rent.

First 5 point design was either the Protest or v1 JJ, I think the Protest was technically first but both came out the same year I believe.

Yeah, your Rossi’s are dead lol. Don’t be afraid to check out the current Rossi lineup if you want a charger. They are surprisingly good skis and do really well when flying around. I spent a bunch of days on the Sender Squads, and absolutely loved them.

When I ask someone on a pair of Fatypus I get a “meh” unless the person skis for them then I get “greatest ski ever, totally changed my skiing, I’m the greatest skier on the mountain because of these skis,” or some other similar bullshit.

Gen 1 JJs, S7s, PM Gear Lahasa, and Billy Goat were all ‘5 point’ designs and developed over 07/08 and were first available 08/09, to various degrees. Can’t remember when the protest showed up, but I want to say it was after 2010. Current ARV 116, M-Pro 118 and Billy Goat are evolutions of those designs. Things have obviously changed from how raw those initial five point designs will.
    Armada claims the 5 point with the gen1 ARG which first showed up for the 06/07 winter. No one gave a fuck about that ski. Pontoon had a greater impact on 5 point ski design and showed up earlier.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk. I’ll get a quiver picture when I figure out exactly what I want to do with it.

The protest should not be in the same discussion as those other skis as the shapes are not remotely the same. Protests are damn near R/R with just a red cunt hair of side cut directly under foot and a blonde cunt hair of camber. Also the widest part of the protest is directly in front if the toe of the binding where as the others are in the shovel, far away from the binding. Protests do not have the same feel on snow either, way betterer in pow, much looser, pivots better. Different fun.
    With that said, the others are fun in their own right. I’ve owned most all those discussed, have Lhasa Fats in the quiver and they are a freakin riot.
    If I had to just have one fat ski, the Lhasa would be it as it’s more versatile. Carves trenches in firm groomers, floats amazing and crushes chop.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    quiver]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    quiver
    Superb quivers gents - well thought out and quality selections of fine snowsticks!

jackattack, would you mind comparing the SGs and M-Free118s in a few a words?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Superb quivers gents - well thought out and quality selections of fine snowsticks!

jackattack, would you mind comparing the SGs and M-Free118s in a few a words?
    I grabbed this pair from TAFKALWS in April. I do have several days on the former Menace version, but it's been a while since I've been on them. I'm going to a/b them against the mfree 108 and bmx 105 and probably whittle one out over the course of the season.

As stated above following the SG v Protest comparison, this is all splitting hairs:
    I really like how loose the mfree design is in pow, but still has the camber and sidecut to carve a turn with energy. I think the 118 will be the ticket for days between storm cycles when there's just enough blown in on certain aspects to surf a few turns and still enjoy groomed or bumped-up terrain on the ride back to the lift. For my size, I like to be on a 118 when some of my buddies are on 108s. The SG is really exceptional in natural 3-d high-density snow. It can make a rain or wind crust disappear and smash through dense chop that would cause the mfree's to hook or deflect, but can be a bit of work to keep tracking on a firm traverse or a less than perfect groomer.

Do they have overlap? Of course and I'm ok with that.

sweet - thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated.

I have been on/own wildcat108s, wood108s, wood108tours, BG108tours, BGs and MFree108s, so this type of skis obviosuly interest me in this kinda segment, like a lot.

I do find MF108 182s to be too soft in the tips/tails for a daily driver for my preferences, though perfect for a down time ski (hurt knee). The 180 MF 118 just seem 2-4cm shy of being a great lenght, even for my diminutive stature. But still, all feedback on said skis is much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I agree, and I think most places that you’ll go for deep deep pow, excluding Japan because they love carving groomers, will have fat skis to rent.

First 5 point design was either the Protest or v1 JJ, I think the Protest was technically first but both came out the same year I believe.

Yeah, your Rossi’s are dead lol. Don’t be afraid to check out the current Rossi lineup if you want a charger. They are surprisingly good skis and do really well when flying around. I spent a bunch of days on the Sender Squads, and absolutely loved them.

When I ask someone on a pair of Fatypus I get a “meh” unless the person skis for them then I get “greatest ski ever, totally changed my skiing, I’m the greatest skier on the mountain because of these skis,” or some other similar bullshit.

Blue house Maven came out same yr as JJ, at least the 5 point version.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211002_090157.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	387633
    This years line-up.
    172 Speedzone 12
    193 4x4 Powertrac
    185 4x4 Speed 963
    185 Mfree99 (will be getting pivots)
    182 Mfree108 w/Vipecs
    192 LP105 (have another set in the rafters)
    192 Mfree108
    202 Lotus 138 Pures

Thing I would like to add: The new 192 Billygoat for a 108/138 tweener + Pescado w/ Tech for pow touring/tight tree stupidity.

And yes, the 185 Mfree99 and the 182 Mfree108 are basically the same length. The 99 is maybe a cm longer. Call it french math.

Only 1 ski > 110mm. Guess the shops in park city are right.

Wow, I have always loved my previous Dynastar skis and those 182 Mfree108 w/Vipecs look nice. I may have to keep a lookout on those next March.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysbeater View Post
    Attachment 386764
    Blizzard Quattro RX
    Moment Wildcat 101
    Faction CT 2.0
    Faction CT 3.0
    Moment DWT (got some voyagers I need to mount on em)
    Armada JJ UL
    Moment Wildcat (118)

Only addition so far this year are the DWTs, super pumped for them and the Voyagers. Brought the Quattros and CT 2.0s back from Europe with me this summer to add to my quiver here in SLC. I might sell the shifts on the CT 3.0s and stick some pivots on them, not really sure. It's maybe my favorite ski of the bunch but gets very little ski time due to other skis just being more specialized. Next ski will probably be a thinner touring option (low 100s) or the BC120s because I need some more artwork for my office... (sucker for that topsheet).
    Great looking quiver!
    Curious if you’ve been able to try some of the stiffer, heavier 2021 Faction CT builds from the Fisher plant? Tried the new CT 2.0 last fall and now have 6 pairs of 2021 Factions. Lol
    The CT 3.0 like you have were my favs of that year and the new 112mm CT 3.0 is probably my fav ski of the 2021 CT line. Stiffer, damper with more float than the older versions. Going back down in weight and being built at the Amer plant for 2022 unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    Great looking quiver!
    Curious if you’ve been able to try some of the stiffer, heavier 2021 Faction CT builds from the Fisher plant? Tried the new CT 2.0 last fall and now have 6 pairs of 2021 Factions. Lol
    The CT 3.0 like you have were my favs of that year and the new 112mm CT 3.0 is probably my fav ski of the 2021 CT line. Stiffer, damper with more float than the older versions. Going back down in weight and being built at the Amer plant for 2022 unfortunately.
    I haven't had a chance to try any of the 21's, I've heard great things though. I love that 19 3.0 that I had, the 2.0 is probably a bit too soft for my liking. Anything outside of park/soft snow it doesn't really ski very well. I'd love to try the 21 2.0s, though I suspect they'll be fairly similar to my Wildcat 101s. I used to buy a lot more Faction when I still had a pro deal for them haha.

I was really hoping for a delam on my 3.0s last season so I could get a free upgrade to the 21s, but I didn't really ski them enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysbeater View Post
    I haven't had a chance to try any of the 21's, I've heard great things though. I love that 19 3.0 that I had, the 2.0 is probably a bit too soft for my liking. Anything outside of park/soft snow it doesn't really ski very well. I'd love to try the 21 2.0s, though I suspect they'll be fairly similar to my Wildcat 101s. I used to buy a lot more Faction when I still had a pro deal for them haha.

I was really hoping for a delam on my 3.0s last season so I could get a free upgrade to the 21s, but I didn't really ski them enough.
    I bet Faction had very few delam issues last year as the 2021 CT 1.0 and CT 2.0 especially were built like tanks! 2 Titanal sheets underfoot(under bindings and above the bases), lots of rubber dampening, stiffer flex and 400 grams heavier than the earlier versions. They feel more like playful, twin tip Brahma and Bonafides.
    My 190cm 2021 CT 3.0 are around 100 grams heavier with stiffer tips/tails than the 190cm Wildcat 118s which I also own.

The 2022 CT line goes back down in weight but keeps the stiffer flex, so the 2022 CT 2.0 would feel more similar to the Wildcat 101 I bet(owned the PB&Js myself).

I’ve managed to pay around $400-$450 US per pair for all my Factions this year on Spring deals which I’m pretty happy about.

Doing some cleaning this weekend. Figured I'd take a pic of the mostly active skis.

191 wailer 105 w/tyrolias - gonna try to get these to another mag this fall
    183 bros w/dynadukes - same story
    185 -10 RX w/onyx - touring, replacing the Bros
    185 pow board w/997 - very occasional pow use
    192 gpo w/916 - every day ski
    195 superbro w/tyrolias - skinny go fast skis
    188 Lo5 w/dynafits - skinny touring skis, might get rid of them
    Mystery igneouses w/looks - longboard day adjacent skis, fun spring slush sticks. Got em from cantdog
    183 m103 w/Sollys - early season, late season, always solid
    185 caylors(?) - got em for a six pack, occasional fun to slide around
    190 lotus w/dynafits - pow touring
    217 Solomon something w/Sollys - longboard dayClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211009_193012.jpeg 
Views:	250 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	388427

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Is that wailer 105 the T2 build? What are your thoughts on it?

The ski gods have been very good to me the last year.
    Here's the current active rotation.

Name:	20211017_151618.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	389384
    (L-to-R)
    Volkl Two in 186
    2013 Katana 183
    OG Bodacious 186
    Re-release Black Bodacious 186
    OG Cochise 185
    Carbon Cochise 192
    Carbon Cochiase 185
    Atomic Redster 183 (for those bulletproof days)

(They all came out today to get their release values tested with a Vermont Safety release tester. I've got a few others for the family left to test, but got all these today.)

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    The ski gods have been very good to me the last year.
    Here's the current active rotation.

Name:	20211017_151618.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	389384
    (L-to-R)
    Volkl Two in 186
    2013 Katana 183
    OG Bodacious 186
    Re-release Black Bodacious 186
    OG Cochise 185
    Carbon Cochise 192
    Carbon Cochiase 185
    Atomic Redster 183 (for those bulletproof days)

(They all came out today to get their release values tested with a Vermont Safety release tester. I've got a few others for the family left to test, but got all these today.)
    Nice..Lots of burl there. All those Markers. Good thing you had release test day!

After a few additions and subtractions, this is the active quiver for 21/22.

Name:	IMG_2376.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	389457

189 4FRNT Turbo, STH16
    189 Blizzard Bonafide 97, STH16 Steel
    190 Elan Boomerang, 916
    186 Blizzard Bodacious, 916
    189 Blizzard Spur, Griffons
    193 Blizzard Bodacious, 916

The Stockli’s are 20? for the off chance that I go course slipping for the WC.
    Dynastar BTs are such a rad top sheet, I can’t bring myself to get rid of them.
    The Elan 777s were my first real ski, and I still love them.
    AK Enemy’s are probably going to get some 916s. A buddy had a baby and was cleaning out the garage, so I ended up with them.

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Nice..Lots of burl there.
    Thanks - I'm in my mid 50's now, and I'll probably have to turn down the volume sometime soon, but I'm enjoying the ride until then. Rock solid and stable skis are so nice - I want the ski to work for me, not the other way around.

All those Markers. Good thing you had release test day!
    Hmmm. One of eight doesn't seem excessive.
    7 pairs of Tyrolia Attack2 demo's.
    1 Atomic whatever on the GS Skis
    1 Marker Jester demo on the black Bodacious' (I got them already mounted, and didn't feel it was worth adding an additional mount for little gain. They've been just fine - though I don't care for how difficult they can be to step into, in deep soft snow.)

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Doing some cleaning this weekend. Figured I'd take a pic of the mostly active skis.

191 wailer 105 w/tyrolias - gonna try to get these to another mag this fall
    183 bros w/dynadukes - same story
    185 -10 RX w/onyx - touring, replacing the Bros
    185 pow board w/997 - very occasional pow use
    192 gpo w/916 - every day ski
    195 superbro w/tyrolias - skinny go fast skis
    188 Lo5 w/dynafits - skinny touring skis, might get rid of them
    Mystery igneouses w/looks - longboard day adjacent skis, fun spring slush sticks. Got em from cantdog
    183 m103 w/Sollys - early season, late season, always solid
    185 caylors(?) - got em for a six pack, occasional fun to slide around
    190 lotus w/dynafits - pow touring
    217 Solomon something w/Sollys - longboard dayClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211009_193012.jpeg 
Views:	250 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	388427
    Let me know if you're thinking about selling those Lotus 120s. I've regretted selling mine for a long time.

Name:	2022 Quiver.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	389915
    Resort skier here. My goal has always been to run a two-ski quiver, that'll work anywhere.
    Kastle BMX 105HP has been the narrower ski in my quiver since 2017, but I've never landed on a perfect second ski despite owning and liking many.
    For reference, I'm 34 years old, still in fairly athletic shape, 6'4" 185lbs. Mainly ski Snowbird.

Figured I'd provide some reviews of my quiver to date, and I'm hoping maybe some of you have some experience and recommendations for how to handle the wider slot in a small quiver.

189 BMX 105HP: the only ski I can't seem to let go of, and I'm hoarding them. Carves hardpack extremely well for a 105-ski at very high speeds, which is nice, but not a priority for me as I'll still spend 90% of my time off-trail even during dry spells. It's got a very damp feel and a strong flex everywhere but the final 15%-20% of the ski. It allows one to ski windbuff, chalk, and cruddy snow on lowtide days with complete confidence at speed. Limited energy out of a turn, but it's rock solid and completely predictable no matter how hard you're pushing it, and I find the shape is just perfect for holding edge when you want and releasing when you want. The only place where they can be a handful compared to other options (unsurprisingly) is moguled-up tight spaces, but I think that generally comes with the territory of a -11 mount ski with a very strong tail. However, they were a big step up in maneuverability and float compared to my previous daily driver, which was the 2017 Cochise in 192. The steeper and techier the terrain I'm going to ski, and the less certain I am about the condition of the snow, the higher the chance I'm going to grab the BMX over anything else I've ever owned, regardless of width. And I think that sums up why they're my DD. For resort powder days, the BMX does very well in pure powder but is certainly more locked-in than many more powder specific options, which can limit the fun in truly trenched up conditions.

Given my love for the BMX HP as the narrow ski in my quiver, and it's broad capability range, the primary characteristics I want from the wider (115+) ski in my quiver are significantly more float (obviously) and a muchhh looser feel. Ideally, I want to maintain as much stability and directionality as possible, but that's a second priority compared to floaty loose-ness.

Since 2017, I've owned a decent number of skis in the 115+ slot. I've liked them all, but sold them all on:
    196 Bodacious: rarely was there a mountain that felt big enough for these. Unbeatably fun when they were in the right location, but otherwise more work than they were worth
    190 Legend Factory: powerful ski, but the tip shape led to an overall vagueness in feel that I didn't love
    193 BMX 115: had to try them. They were fantastic, but ultimately I didn't want just a wider 105HP. I wanted to experiment with a completely different feel and learn what's possible. Funny thing is, I haven't yet found a completely different feel that I love more than my BMX HP's, so maybe my "series arc" will land me back at the 115's at some point in the future.
    190 Bibby: actually a fantastic ski and the only 115-120 I've ever been on that felt like it could actually be a one-ski-quiver. Also the biggest departure from my BMX's I've ever taken. In exchange for the directional feel of my BMX, the Bibby/Wildcat has the best maneuverability I've experienced on a ski that still had enough backbone to ski hard. At 6'4", I just found myself wishing for some more tip in front of me. If there was a 193cm Bibby-esque ski with a -8 mount point, I'd be all over it.
    189 Billy Goat: I understand why people love these. Can confirm they're among the best 3D and heavy snow skis out there. Really enjoyed them in trees. Very easy to make little turn adjustments with zero fear of hooking up, and therefore I could ski these crazy fast in steep trees, which was a hoot. But by design, they seem to lack a certain precision that I enjoy to feel in my turns, especially when letting the throttle open in more open terrain. Don't get me wrong, I've had mannnny a great day on them, but ultimately RES tips and pin-tails aren't best aligned to my style or where I ski most.

Wide ski quiver for 2022:
    192 4-flex Protest: I'm really excited about these. They're the most pow-specific shape I've ever owned, and they will have the least least overlap with my BMX daily driver, which is probbbably a good thing. For now, I'm assuming that I'll only use the Protests on pure powder days and storm days, and the BMX's will handle almost everything else. Assuming the Protests can survive the Alta/Bird chop that develops by 11am, they could have a long life in my quiver. If not, I'll prob pass them on quite quickly. I'm not the sort of person who will head back to the car to switch skis on a powder day. I just ski bell to bell, and whatever I have on my feet will be good enough to put a smile on my face, even if I know it's not the absolute best tool for the job. If the Protests actually have broader versatility beyond storm days, which many suggest they do, then that's an amazing, though currently difficult to believe bonus.
    191 Enforcer 115: impulse buy when I saw them for $300. These are the last version that have 2 sheets of metal in them. My curiosity in these dates back to 2017, when I had to rent skis for a day, and the best option available was some 185 Enforcers. Overall, I was actually very impressed by that ski. Fairly damp, yet surprising energy out of a turn. Shockingly maneuverable in tight places. The deal-breaker for me was the speed limit. It was quite easy for me to fold the tips skiing fast in crud. I could even over flex and then lose the tip in a high speed carve on hard pack. Over the years, I've been told told by multiple people that the Enforcer Pros were heavier and stiffer flexing than the rest of the Enforcer line. Hand-flexing seems to confirm this, so I'm hoping that a more powerful build plus a bit more length might capitalize on the potential of the Enforcer shape that I clearly felt during my 2017 demo.
    Who knows, if they have a similar overall feel to the BMX, but also bring a little extra float and a definite increase in maneuverability, maybe they'll even unseat my BMX for daily driver duty. But that's probably wishful thinking.

Skis I want to try this year:
    189 M-Free 118: seems like a master of pivoty stability. If only these came in a longer length, I'd have bought them already, but I've fondled them in store, and they definitely measure short.

Long story short, my goal has always been to have a two-ski quiver, but I've yet to find the perfect balance. There's always been too much overlap, and not quite wide enough range. Hence the Protest coming on board. But maybe I'm thinking about two-ski quivers wrong. Definitely interested to hear everyone else's philosophy here, though I expect most of you will suggest I just build a bigger quiver!

PS. if anyone has video of them skiing their Protests, please hit me up or put them in the Protest thread. I need that Protest stoke!

Here's some BMX videos for a little fun:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzh6jQJ8Gqw
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfGNkXlwVyw
    Last edited by VON; 10-23-2021 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    190 Bibby: actually a fantastic ski and the only 115-120 I've ever been on that felt like it could actually be a one-ski-quiver. Also the biggest departure from my BMX's I"ve ever taken. In exchange for the directional feel of my BMX, the Bibby/Wildcat has the best maneuverability I've experienced on a ski that still had enough backbone to ski hard. At 6'4", I just found myself wishing for some more tip in front of me. If there was a 193cm Bibby-esque ski with a -8 mount point, I'd be all over it.
    194.4 Anima. It's -6, but the shape is more directional than the WC/Bib, if only slight. Though I think the recent year models are too turny in the 189 maybe the longer length alleviates that. If On3P made the Woods116 this year with the same updates to the skinnier models you would definitely be all over that.

You describe what I wanted when grabbing the Wildcat to a T. If you're going to do a 2-ski quiver for resort, you have 1 ski 95-110mm (based on snowfall) that does everything else; 1 stick for the dumps where the only solution is fat, and accept the compromises you have to make on the former to get that usability. Because it's rare to see more than a foot overnight here that was the M102 and Wildcat for me until I found my penchant for being a stickler on performance took over: Now I have a ski for the light dusting days where I want to be in the trees, where the M102's swing weight wears me out and the Wildcat needs to be a pinch shorter.
    Last edited by SnakeMagnet; 10-22-2021 at 03:42 PM.

If you can, try the sender squads. IMO the swing weight feels featherweight relative to the other skis in its class, prob do to both mildly progressive mount points and most of the weight in the ski seemingly consolidated under foot. Excited to get in the bmx105hps this season.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk