Page 186 of 235 FirstFirst ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 5859
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    How you like the Vandals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haven’t gotten on them yet but hopefully within the next week or two. It was part of a binding purchase and the skis are in super rough shape. Decided instead of tossing them to slap a duke on and see how long they last skidding over rocks and stumps in the early and late season. I can give you an update once it finally snows.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Damn, that is a lot of CAST.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Fomofied quiver #2 / travel quiver:

Attachment 301583
    ON3P Wrenegade 96ti 179 w/ Castified Look Pivot 18s
    ON3P Wrenegade 114 179 w/ Castified Look Pivot 14s
    ON3P Woodsman 108 182 w/ Castified Look Pivot 14s - stock skis with C&D graphics
    ON3P Woodsman 116 182 w/ Castified Look Pivot 14s - stock skis with BG graphics
    Very rad quiver, that Wren 114 is probably my favorite graphic of all time
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    Very curious to hear some first-hand thoughts on these. They as good in the steeps as advertised? The weights/lengths seem funny to me but maybe they're somehow goldilox...?
    Haven't done the full-on couloir/hardsteepsnow dance with mine yet as I got them later last season, but really like them so far. They sort of looked like a "touring Legend Pro" to me, and they ski that way so far. They're not light, but the 173 is about 200gs lighter than the 176 og LPs I have, a little fatter (100 vs. 96) and more rockered in the tip, so was pretty much exactly what I wanted.

The limited amount of steep turns I got on them were VERY promising. Obviously the MSRP for these is insane for what they are, which is why I only pulled the trigger when they were on big sale in Euroland.
    Last edited by Andyski; 12-23-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Very curious to hear some first-hand thoughts on these. They as good in the steeps as advertised? The weights/lengths seem funny to me but maybe they're somehow goldilox...?
    Haven't ski this combo yet, brand new in the quiver. But I purchase them for steep cause they seem promising on paper and in hand. And because a friend who generally has similar tastes enjoys them a lot in a lot of conditions. Including steep.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    How do you like that 2020 freeraider with the brakes at the back vs the previous ones?
    Haven't skied them yet, but seems to be a good evolution of previous one. Pros are the same and some problems are solved. The spacers are really good (weight weenies don't have to use them), the setting of the stiffness of the front lever (and pressure of pins) is a good thing, ans the locking system of brakes seems better, by far. Only thing, I don't know if it will be convenient to lock the brakes in real use, with gloves, snow, ice,...

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Damn, that is a lot of CAST.
    Nah - not really. One pair of 18 toes that will be used with all four pairs, and one pair of tech toes - and three second ski kits. Ends up being quite a bit cheaper than Shifts for all of them, and should ride even better. Cast is making it really affordable to make your quiver ready for whatever. That the folks behind Cast are super easy to deal with and provide stellar customer support makes it even better. Def recommended. Do it right, go Cast

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	castified.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	301666

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    ...that Wren 114 is probably my favorite graphic of all time...
    I will not lie - when I took delivery of em my first thought was "why the hell did I go custom with my first pair?". This graphic with a textured topsheet is topsheet perfection imho. That being said - I would have a hard time deciding which of these tops I like the most. I simply love all four - they look fekking fantastic imho.

Quote Originally Posted by east bear fr View Post
    Haven't ski this combo yet, brand new in the quiver. But I purchase them for steep cause they seem promising on paper and in hand. And because a friend who generally has similar tastes enjoys them a lot in a lot of conditions. Including steep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Haven't done the full-on couloir/hardsteepsnow dance with mine yet as I got them later last season, but really like them so far. They sort of looked like a "touring Legend Pro" to me, and they ski that way so far. They're not light, but the 173 is about 200gs lighter than the 176 og LPs I have, a little fatter (100 vs. 96) and more rockered in the tip, so was pretty exactly what I wanted.

The limited amount of step turns I got on them were VERY promising. Obviously the MSRP for these is insane for what they are, which is why I only pulled the trigger when they were on big sale in Euroland.
    both of you on the 173? I usually tour on 177-179, but my 171 skinny skis feel so short. Is the 173 enough? One of you is on 190+ resort skis?

Like most skis, I wish it was 250g lighter and a 177... 1950g/ski at 180cm is just not gonna do it for an earn-your-turns ski for me I think...

Kidkapow, how did you get the older custom topsheets? Is Scott letting throwbacks happen now?

I think the guiding philosophy when you want stock or previously stock graphics - you want it they build it. Just request what you want (graphic wise) and they more than likely have it in stock already.

The current builder is probably more limiting than what they offer. With ON3P's catalogue of are-ye-fekking-kidding-me awesome graphics it would probably be counter productive to significantly limit what designs people could order when going custom.

To be fair though, I got these this summer - so with the old custom order process. This particular C&Ds design was not listed, but I asked for it and they had them in stock. If not they would have just made/ordered them.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 11-10-2019 at 11:05 AM.

both of you on the 173? I usually tour on 177-179, but my 171 skinny skis feel so short. Is the 173 enough? One of you is on 190+ resort skis?

Like most skis, I wish it was 250g lighter and a 177... 1950g/ski at 180cm is just not gonna do it for an earn-your-turns ski for me I think...
    I'm on the 173 and am usually on skis between 177-186 for touring, and then 183 Katana inbounds. I'm 5'8" 140 FWIW. The 173s haven't felt too short yet, but I also don't expect to roll them out for legit pow days. I have a pair of 169 (!!!!!) summer/mission skis that I got cheap and ended up liking so that, like, opened my mind man

Guys... how did this happen again?

Name:	IMG_3111.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	302483

177cm Nordica Navigator 80 - for teaching when I want a ski kids can step on
    178cm Stockli Stormrider XXL - $20 at the ski swap. They go fast on groomers
    181cm Elan Spire - workhorse Stormrider 95 substitute
    187cm Elan Spire - they came with bindings/skins I wanted... wanna buy them?
    183cm Stockli Stormrider 95 - the worlds best ski. If I had to pick one ski to ski all season, this is it.
    183cm Stockli Stormrider 95 - the old version, a bit too burly for my liking... you want them?
    184cm Renoun Endurance - bought these cuz I was curious about the hype, I need to ski them more
    187cm Blizzard Bonafide - came with bindings I wanted, beat up bases, you want them?
    186cm ON3P "Skinny Billy" prototype 001/001, I need bindings for these.
    184cm Dynastar Cham 107 - I've decided I like the Skinny Billy better, you want these?
    188cm Atomic Automatic 117 - pow days
    180cm Line Pescado - this is the ski I use to make sweet love to the deep deep
    177cm Movement Alp Tracks 94 - 1080 grams a ski, what else do I say? They ski pretty well too
    188cm Carbon Megawatts - got them for free, maybe some day I'll ski them.
    Last edited by Climber Joe; 11-17-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post

183cm Stockli Stormrider 95 - the worlds best ski. If I had to pick one ski to ski all season, this is it.
    183cm Stockli Stormrider 95 - the old version, a bit too burly for my liking... you want them?
    Interesting opinions on the Stormrider 95. I will file that away for future use. I too have the "old" version you show, but in the 192cm. That's funny cause I sometimes say that about those. They are an amazing ride. Dampest, quietest ski ever? Is the other 95 a newer version? Ever get to ski a stormrider 105? For the most part stocklis are out of my price range, but you never know. Right place at right time.

Nice looking quiver overall.

Powder7 has some 2014 192 SR95s with Salomon z12 demos for $560.

https://www.powder7.com/Stockli-Stor...-2014/for-sale

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Interesting opinions on the Stormrider 95. I will file that away for future use. I too have the "old" version you show, but in the 192cm. That's funny cause I sometimes say that about those. They are an amazing ride. Dampest, quietest ski ever? Is the other 95 a newer version? Ever get to ski a stormrider 105? For the most part stocklis are out of my price range, but you never know. Right place at right time.

Nice looking quiver overall.
    Yeah the silver is the 2014 or 2015 version I think? It’s basically the perfect ski.

I’ve been on the 105 too, I’ve just never bought one, I’ve been happier on other 105-110 waist skis that don’t have metal, like the armada tracer or on3ps. I don’t usually ski a ski over 100 on snow that benefits from a metal layup.

Name:  2020skiquiver3.jpg
Views: 2094
Size:  152.4 KB

That time of year again...looking forward to winter.

left to right:

Amplid Multiplayer 184 with inserts for Kingpins (rock skis)
    Armada JJ 185 with inserts for Kingpins (rock skis)
    Atomic Bent Chetler 184 with G3 Zeds (pow tour skis)
    Amplid Facelift 184 with Kingpins (everday tour skis)
    Black Crows Nocta 185 with Shifts (pow sledskis)
    Black Crows Atris 184 with Shifts (everyday sledskis)
    Armada JJ 185 with Pivot 18s (resort pow skis)
    4frnt Devastator 184 with Pivot 14s (resort charger for me anyway)
    Blizzard Rustler 10 180 with STH2 13 (resort playful hasn't snowed in a while)
    Nordica 186 GS with heavy ass Markers (for hauling ass when it's firm)
    Volkl P60 155 SL with some shitty ass old salomons (carving the firm)
    Atomic Arc 209 with old Tyrolias (resort days skiing in jeans)
    Alti Hok 145 with 3 pin Voile (backyard shenanigans)
    Salomon Snowblades (tight couloir skiing)
    Arbor Abicus 164 with Spark Arc (pow if I get the urge to surf)
    Powsurfer project for taking on the sled on deep days

Interesting that nocta and chetler have same mount point. Nocta is -6 and Chet is -4 but looks same. Intrigued by new version but it still seems new school

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Interesting that nocta and chetler have same mount point. Nocta is -6 and Chet is -4 but looks same. Intrigued by new version but it still seems new school

I mounted the nocta at +1 from recommended so it’s at -5. It works fine there but in hindsight I would mount at the recommended line and/or size up. Haven’t skied the Chetlers yet so can’t comment on that mount point. They sure are light with zeds despite their size.

190 Bibby Pros (12/13). Long live the Bibbys! I love this ski sooooo much. So playful and powerful, great in pow, and solid in hardpack, just so incredibly versatile. May they serve a fruitful life as they now move to rock ski status.
    188 Rustler 11s (18/19) with Shifts. 2952 grams. New to me. Travel ski, resort pow, sidecountry. Will these be a more-directional replacement of the Bibbys??? Big shoes to fill...
    190 Deathwish (17/18). A 666 hand-me-down freshly tuned and ready to slay - hope they retain some of their dad's ski-DNA.
    188 PB&J (17/18) for firm snow days. I like but don't love these. I'd like to swap these out for a flatter-tailed, slightly wider ski in this slot. Commander 108 or similar.
    182 Salomon X-Drive 80s - surprisingly awesome ski for groomer destruction, skiing with the kids, and even high-speed hard-snow off-piste shreds.

187 Praxis Protest (14/15) with Kingpins. 2838g. Pow-touring. Love this rig. Will never ever sell the Protests, but I may swap out the KPs for Alpinists...someday...maybe...but why change what works and what you love?
    189 Atomic Backland 107 (18/19) with Tectons. 2264g. New rig end of last season, so did not get them out in pow yet. They slay on hardpack. Started on the rec line, then went forward 1.5 and they ski way better there for me.
    178 ZeroGs with Vipecs. 1928g. I should have gotten the 185. Anyone want to trade? Great late spring, multi-day, and volcano setup.

Name:	IMG_20191125_131217.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	303704
    Last edited by meter-man; 01-07-2020 at 10:03 AM.
    sproing!

Name:	quiver.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	674.8 KB 
ID:	304287

Finally have enough posts to upload pics!

Hers:
    164 Icelantic Oracle 88s, new this season, excited to see how she likes them since shes a newer skier and hated her heavy ski swap setup from last season
    Not sure her boots, I think salomon 90s, they have bluetooth heating in the liners tho lolol

His:
    187 ON3P Woodsman 108 - just got these this week, planning to mount em w/ Look Pivot 14s and can't wait to test em out
    188 Salomon QST 99s - Got these last season, enjoyed them overall but didn't love. May put shifts on them and use them as my touring ski if I end up getting into more backcountry skiing.
    184 Meier Heritage Tour - Also got these last season for a cat skiing trip, kind of on a whim I saw them at a ski swap and liked the price. Been pretty fun on pow days, but now that I may actually start touring, I may stick a real tour binding on them and find a different inbounds pow ski.
    186 Dynastar Big Trouble - this was my first ski that I've rode for most of the past decade. Pretty much retired now but probably keep around as a rock ski or if I wanna spend more time in the park.

Lange RX 120 LV for my main inbounds ski boot, got 2 winters ago, fit the best of what I tried on but after putting on the the cochise I wonder if there isn't something still better out there for me.
    Tecnica Cochise 120 for my dual purpose ski boot, picked up last spring so I only used em twice inbounds. Found the flex a little lacking when I really wanted to drive my skis, but super comfortable and excited to try touring with em.

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post

Name:	quiver.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	674.8 KB 
ID:	304287

Finally have enough posts to upload pics!

Hers:
    164 Icelantic Oracle 88s, new this season, excited to see how she likes them since shes a newer skier and hated her heavy ski swap setup from last season
    Not sure her boots, I think salomon 90s, they have bluetooth heating in the liners tho lolol

His:
    187 ON3P Woodsman 108 - just got these this week, planning to mount em w/ Look Pivot 14s and can't wait to test em out
    188 Salomon QST 99s - Got these last season, enjoyed them overall but didn't love. May put shifts on them and use them as my touring ski if I end up getting into more backcountry skiing.
    184 Meier Heritage Tour - Also got these last season for a cat skiing trip, kind of on a whim I saw them at a ski swap and liked the price. Been pretty fun on pow days, but now that I may actually start touring, I may stick a real tour binding on them and find a different inbounds pow ski.
    186 Dynastar Big Trouble - this was my first ski that I've rode for most of the past decade. Pretty much retired now but probably keep around as a rock ski or if I wanna spend more time in the park.

Lange RX 120 LV for my main inbounds ski boot, got 2 winters ago, fit the best of what I tried on but after putting on the the cochise I wonder if there isn't something still better out there for me.
    Tecnica Cochise 120 for my dual purpose ski boot, picked up last spring so I only used em twice inbounds. Found the flex a little lacking when I really wanted to drive my skis, but super comfortable and excited to try touring with em.
    Very nice!

Don’t knock blue tooth boot heaters until you try them. I have HotTronics in my boots and absolutely love them, best $200 I’ve ever spent on ski gear, by far!

Last edited by skibrd; 12-01-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post

Name:	IMG_3111.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	302483

180cm Line Pescado - this is the ski I use to make sweet love to the deep deep

What do these ski like? Does the swallow tail actually work? Are they super duper floaty?

Been through a few skis over the years. Always come back to liking skis that are 180-183cm @ -5 to -6 mounts. Just bought Blizzard Rustler 11s and mounted at +1.8cm. Tried many other skis with -8 and farther back mounts and always come back to -6. Probly as I have a smaller bsl. And I prefer minimal camber (1mm - 2mm) or flat. Full rocker is great too but in sketchy, steep, rocky situations I don’t want the full rocker. With a minimal camber I like wider tips (not a fan of the 5-point design/tip shape). I want to feel my tips when I’m on edge for grip (instead of using camber for grip?).

Trying to run a quiver at 4 pair...with >4 then each pair just don’t get used enough.

Also needed a one-ski quiver ski with Shifts for soft snow for Japan next year and Baker/Whistler side/slackcountry. Almost bought a Black Crows Anima for that but went with a Candide 4.0.

Here’s what I’ve come up with....skier who is 5’7”, 165 lbs, 60-70 days per season:

Inbounds:
    —————
    180cm J Ski Metal w/ Jester Pros (136-106-125), @ -6 mount, harder snow (love this ski but it’s very close to the Rustler...)

180cm Blizzard Rustler 11 w/Pivots (142-112-132), @ -6 mount, after pow days
    (Just a great all around ski for what you see in a resort day at Whistler-Blackcomb).

183cm Faction Candide 5.0 w/ Pivots (152-122-140), @ -5 mount, soft deep snow but it still rips all over the mountain. Love the Faction CT “centered” feel.

Backcountry/One-Ski quiver travel/Japan ski:
    ————————————————————-
    182cm Faction Candide 4.0 w/ Shifts (140-118-134), @ -5 mount (my 1-ski bc/pow, fun ski).

Boots: Dalbello Krypton Pro 130s for inbounds and Dalbello Lupo Pro 130 for bc

Name:	IMG_1494.JPG 
Views:	215 
Size:	218.2 KB 
ID:	306962
    Last edited by kc_7777; 01-28-2020 at 12:12 AM.

THE ARSENAL 2019-20

Of the 89 skis in last year's pictures of The Arsenal, I sold off 4 of those:

GONE:
    - Head Boneshaker (was a duplicate)
    - K2 ObSETHed (was a duplicate)
    - Salomon Rocker 127 (was a duplicate)
    - Majesty Lumberjack 178cm (was way too short for me)

ADDED:
    Over the past year, I gained 16 more low-price used pairs that add up to $358 ($23 average per pair):

Name:	quiver2.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	304835
    L to R: Sorted by decreasing measured TrueLength
    86. RMU North Shore 195cm 2014, 957 DIN=14 (plastic toes)
    87. 4FRNT Devastator 194cm 2018
    88. Dynastar Legend Pro 194cm (2nd pair) 2008, mismatched FKS DIN=15
    89. Line Mr. Pollard's Opus 192cm 2013, 2645g!, Jester Demos
    90. Volkl Mantra 191cm 2015, Jester Demos
    91. Volkl Mantra 191cm 2009
    92. Head Boneshaker 191cm 2013, 916
    93. Atomic Big Daddy 125 190cm 2009, 997 DIN=14 (plastic toes)
    94. Nordica W105 190cm 2002
    95. 4FRNT EHP 190cm 2007, mad camber!
    96. 4FRNT KYE 110 188cm 2017, S900 DIN=16
    97. Rossignol Squad 7 190cm 2013, S900 DIN=20
    98. ON3P Billy Goat 186cm 2010
    99. Armada Bubba 188cm 2013, Jester Demos
    100. Volkl Explosiv CMH 190cm 2005?
    101. Dynastar Legend Pro 186cm 2005

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

First of: Wow,

secondly:
    - How do you decide what skis to ski on any given day?
    - How much time do you spend looking for deals if you can get skis for an average of $23 ?
    - Do you realize you may have the world's largest collection of Salomon bindings?