Page 187 of 236 FirstFirst ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 5879

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

I think you should cap the quiver/library at 100. Going over could be a slippery slope
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I think you should cap the quiver/library at 100. Going over could be a slippery slope
    This is a lie, go to infinity and beyond!!! Then someday donate them all to a ski museum

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

VI, that is truly insane. Like, actually crazy person stuff. Kudos!

Also, at some point, please consider donating your ski collection to a group that provides skis for people who can't afford them, like skiduck.org. Better yet, you should just become their buyer!
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    178 ZeroGs with Vipecs. I should have gotten the 185. Anyone want to trade? Great late spring, multi-day, and volcano setup.

Attachment 303704
    How do you like the Blizzard Zeros and Vipecs without the brakes? Anything special about the leash?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    How do you like the Blizzard Zeros and Vipecs without the brakes? Anything special about the leash?
    I like it pretty well (7/10 on my very picky scale), but don't love it. The ski is way lighter than I normally like, but I find that the Vipec toe mitigates some of the harshness from such a light ski, especially on harder snow. I went leashes to save some weight because the Vipecs are porky compared to 300g bindings. Leashes are from B&D http://www.bndskigear.com/ ETA, these leashes rule. As much as leashes can rule anyway! They have a long extendable cord, so long I can hold my bindings in my hand and still be clipped in. Also, they have a nifty breakage link that snaps at a certain pressure/pull threshold (i.e., if caught in a slide...it works (??).... because science).

My main problem with the setup is that I should have gotten the 185 length. Saving the 80 grams or whatever wasn't worth it. Because the skis turn quickly, another 7 cm would only help with funky snow and heavy packs, and wouldn't hurt in jump-turny situations IMO. I like the skis okay, they rip carved turns well.

But since the Backlands are so light, I've been considering inserting the Backlands for the Fritschi Xenic to make a big-day crusher setup that comes in at almost the same weight - ~1900 grams. That might make the ZeroGs superfluous...we'll see. Gonna let a season of beta testing happen on the Xenics first.

And, for faffing's sake, I weighed my touring setups and added that to my post.

188 Rustler 11s with Shifts. 2952 grams.
    187 Praxis Protest with Kingpins. 2838g.
    189 Atomic Backland 107 (18/19) with Tectons. 2264g.
    178 ZeroGs with Vipecs. 1928g
    Last edited by meter-man; 01-06-2020 at 06:03 PM.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    - How do you decide what skis to ski on any given day?
    - How much time do you spend looking for deals if you can get skis for an average of $23 ?
    - Do you realize you may have the world's largest collection of Salomon bindings?
    The way I choose skis for each day on the hill is complicated & moody, but for meh conditions and "recovery days", some recurring secondary priorities tend to be:
    - try the skis I haven't tried yet
    - high impact tests to verify the safety/effectiveness of my latest repair work & mount jobs
    - heavy skis for early-season workouts
    - variety just for variety's sake
    - dial in my favorite mount position on demo bindings
    - A/B Test old ski models for fun
    - etc

Yes, I spend a lot of time on my favorite hobby. Was easy to find deals on "unattractive" skis when I lived in Whistler, which is a perfect storm of seasonal market inefficiencies, plus a thrift store (right next to my former storage unit) that gave away "flawed" skis for US$0-4 each (flaws like drilled a few times, or needs a minor repair, etc)---but now I moved back to Calif, so those days are over. Also takes time to resell bindings that came with the skis, lots of work to mount/repair/tune the skis and verify safety for borrowing, always documenting every ski's little flaws/risk factors in case they someday add up to a big risk for borrowers, etc...but it's my favorite hobby to spend time on.

...Also, at some point, please consider donating your ski collection to a group that provides skis for people who can't afford them, like skiduck.org. Better yet, you should just become their buyer!
    "Due to bindings liability, we no longer accept used skis."
    - from https://skiduck.org/donate/

Yeah, not sure if anyone will want my skis in the end, but people might want the metal bindings.

Last edited by Vitamin I; 12-05-2019 at 04:39 PM.
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

People need to stop shaming others for having hobbies.
    Just because it's he's not collecting stamps doesn't mean he needs to give them away.

Vitamin I's collection is awesome and he has so many legendary skis, many where there will never be anything like them made again.

Excited to see you got a pair of 4frnt KYEs! Stoked to hear how you like them!

^^^ Not to mention that it makes my quiver look eminently reasonable.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Shaming? I think we're all in awe and more like "we're not worthy!" It's awesome. VI is an amazing dealhound, and I just thought it would be cool to pass that skill forward. Plus, what pfluff said^^^^

Anyway, bummer that skiduck doesn't take used gear! That's dumb. Thanks for checking it out VI
    sproing!

Shaming? I think we're all in awe and more like "we're not worthy!" It's awesome. VI is an amazing dealhound, and I just thought it would be cool to pass that skill forward. Plus, what pfluff said^^^^

Anyway, bummer that skiduck doesn't take used gear! That's dumb. Thanks for checking it out VI
    To clarify, skiduck still likes donations of GOGGLES and ski clothing/softgoods for kids/teens to hit the resorts. I think Squaw rental shops hook them up with hardgood rentals for free (including legit liability coverage for injuries etc.). Kids can't handle my 198cm RC112's anyway.

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0F6A899E-9A3D-4D98-A90F-032A6C4D87FC.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	390.0 KB 
ID:	305645

Balled out this fall after skiing the same pair of JJs for 10 years.

Moment Deathwish Tour 184cm, ATK FR14

Armada JJ 185cm, Marker Squire (years 1-8 had fritschi frames, last year had shifts, got squires for free)

Kyeshapes Numinous 189cm, Shifts (moved over from JJs)

Are you willing to part with those pro riders??

Quote Originally Posted by flyingskiguy View Post

Kyeshapes Numinous 189cm, Shifts (moved over from JJs)
    The "Kyeshapes" name kinda makes me throw up in my mouth, but that's a nice looking ski. Shape looks like an Armada and a Protest had a baby - me likey. But more importantly -- how does it ski??
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    Yeah, not sure if anyone will want my skis in the end, but people might want the metal bindings.
    I'm eyeing your older Looks, namely the ZR-S and the 3D Systems. You've got a mighty fine collection there.

The "Kyeshapes" name kinda makes me throw up in my mouth
    Seriously. For some reason that doesn't quite work, unlike, say, Jason Leventhal naming his new brand J skis.

Finally got all the kids together for a shot. Left to right:

192 Praxis Protests Enduro/Veneer
    191 Praxis Lhasa Fats Enduro/ Veneer
    182 Praxis Quixotes Heavy/Carbon/Veneer
    184 Praxis Piste Jibs Heavy/Veneer

Poles are wooden now too

All mounted with Pivot 18 Bindings or Attack 16s.

Not pictured - 189 Cease and Desists and 180 Brahmas (adopted children)

Name:	IMG_4535.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	306715

Woodgrain bonerrrrr

^^^ Yes, definite Schwing!!!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Man, yeah, can't decide if the Qs or the Piste Jibs are my favorite topsheet there, but those are real purdy.

Makes my plain veneer Protests feel lonely.

Quiver update for the season...

Name:	IMG_1514.JPG 
Views:	241 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	306967

Black Crows Orb - 177
    ON3P Wren 108 - 184
    Black Crows Nocta - 190
    Moment PB&J - 182
    Moment Wildcat 108 - 184
    Moment Wildcat 108 Tour - 184
    Black Crows Anima Freebird - 188
    4FRNT Raven - 184
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Great selection.

Quote Originally Posted by camberordie View Post
    Are you willing to part with those pro riders??
    You talking to me? Pretty sure I'm not selling mine this year. You could buy the other expensive minty pair of 194 raceroom's (not my sale) at https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...OG-Legend-Pros

The 194's & 186's in my photo perform great, but cosmetic issues would drive down the selling price to zilch...so I'm keeping them for the Squaw/NorthTahoe Ski Lending Library to find out if anyone bothers to borrow them.

My 194's are ~100g lighter than the raceroom versions, have many coreshots filled with ugly-colored epoxy, and I'm mounting Jester Demos this week, to be available for borrowing in January.
    My 186's have excessive chipping in metal topsheet edge, would cut hands while carrying in parking lot, so will epoxy topsheet corner until smooth for hands, then will mount later with old beater Salomon bindings for Spring/Summer skiing.

Name:	IMG_9896.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	307459

183 Rossi Axiom- Low tide
    191 Surface Live Life- High tide

Life is too short to travel with a one-ski quiver. Roof box filled to capacity for this trip.

Name:	IMG_4687.JPG 
Size:	424.6 KB 
ID:	308201

Me: BGs and Bones for resort, Lotus 120 and Findr 102 for touring

Wife: BD amperage and Black Pearls for resort, V8s for touring

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Life is too short to travel with a one-ski quiver. Roof box filled to capacity for this trip.

Name:	IMG_4687.JPG 
Size:	424.6 KB 
ID:	308201

Me: BGs and Bones for resort, Lotus 120 and Findr 102 for touring

Wife: BD amperage and Black Pearls for resort, V8s for touring
    Have fun in Canuckistan

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk