Page 6 of 234 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    I took a look at what was standing behind my bedroom door and found this:

disclaimer: it seems my room collects stuff that belong not only to me.
    Last edited by Telepath; 09-17-2004 at 10:14 AM.
    self unemployed?

How do you like the DBs for tele? If you don't mind me asking.

Originally posted by Laps
    How do you like the DBs for tele? If you don't mind me asking.
    Honestly I haven't telemarked on the Surreal. Those skis were mounted up for a summertime ski test by DB with some of my bindings, and for mysterious reasons the skis are now left at my place. I believe Glisseur will be able to explain pretty soon; they're his skis....
    self unemployed?

Just noticed that they were in the pic and I am really curious to hear feedback from someone who teles on them. All the skis I have are pretty heavy, and not much fun on the way up. Thanks though.

Get some Tabla's with telebinders, they're almost the same weight and lighter than most other stuff. The Surreals were rumoured to be a tad flimsy with this mount; and they are just a different ski from the TR. The TR's in the pic with Solly 916s are noticably lighter than the Salomonized BDs and way lighter than the 05 BDs with Atomic1018s (which again are noticably lighter than the 04 BD with the same binders and Atomic plates).

Though it's no secret that I'm under the Atomic umbrella I'll most likely also be owning a pair of TRs or two eventually.
    self unemployed?

I do mind you asking as I'd rather keep my telemarking a well kept secret (that means don't tell Hop for Christ's sake), but I have to admit I sold out completely this summer and actually telemarked on them.

They work fine but it's a pretty weird feeling at first since they're so incredibly lightweight when mounted with a tele binder, Rottefella R8 in this case. They're still super stable at speeds as on alpine and turn well but tend to get bashed around some more thanx to their light weight, there's a big chance this had something to do with my pretty crappy technique as it was my first time teleing in eight years. Don't know if my weight positioning was the best which might have caused some general instability issues. But hey, I guess that word sums up telemarking anyway Touring on them was a blast though as you might guess. I mounted them pretty much as I would on alpine which I would recommend most other people to do as well to get most out of the ski.

The only problem I encountered was that the tail is kinda on the soft side on last years model (these are the stiff flex btw) which makes putting a lot of pressure on the tails when youre cranking big surfing turns pretty interesting. I know for a fact that this years model will feature a relatively stiffer tail so that will partly solve that but you might want to bump up the stiffness of the tail a little bit.
    I like big bikes and I cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny

I see. Sounds like I may have to drop some coin before the snow starts to fall. LIghtweight skis are so hot right now.

Tabla's maybe be a bit too wide, as I live on the skating rink known as the East coast. They still look tempting.
    Last edited by Laps; 09-17-2004 at 01:30 PM.

This years quiver minus the phat luvs on order for the wife

This space reserved for the Powstash and Mrs. Powstash quiver.

(waiting for the Phat Luvs and Jaks to arrive for full effect)
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

L to R:

- 190 Iggy FFL, 250 flex. Pre- and post-season bushwhacking, and occaisional use. Really only good in light dry pow, not so good in wet cascade concrete.
    - 195 Rossi Viper Z. Icy-day ski, edges in blinging shape and I bust this out when it hasn't snowed in a long time.
    - 204 K2 Morrison. The first ski purchase I ever made, pretty much retired now. Won't sell them as I won't get any money for them, so might as well put them on the wall and occaisionally ski them for fun.
    - 189 K2 Kahuna. DEEP-day ski. Handles wet cascade snow quite well.
    - 179 K2 Seth Pistol. Everyday use.

still to buy - a pair of cheap, thrasher jib skis, the 189 04-05 pistol, and a BC ski. then I'll be done.

L-R
    everyday, all-mountain ride; lightweight backcountry rig; still-in-the-wrapper proto type '06 Oh! Model; AK big gun.

Rossi xx 191
    Wolf Smoke 180
    Atomic Stomp 179
    Atomic some girl ski for my wife ?
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

4FRNT MSP 187, very stoked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinner

L-R
    everyday, all-mountain ride; lightweight backcountry rig; still-in-the-wrapper proto type '06 Oh! Model; AK big gun.

You fuckin people make me look sane

The quiver for this season

195 Dynastar G9 - Voile 3-pin cables
    195 Lawnchairs - Solly S900 Demo
    193 Line Dragons - Look/Rossi KX Pro somethin' or other's
    180 Dynastar Concepts - Look TX P.O.S.'s (only to Din 10)
    Last edited by 72Twenty; 11-04-2004 at 11:58 AM.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

190 Explosives w/Look ZR 18
    190 Gotama w/Rottefalla R8
    185 XXX`s w/Targa T9
    182 Troublemakers w/Look P12 Jib

JK, Kinda suprised you didn't mount up the Linkens or Bombers on the Gotama's. How did you like the Gotama's for tele? Why you thinking of switching the tele rig to the Explosiv's?

Here we go. The same as last year. And I AM SURE i have posted in this thread, but after searching 6 pages of ridiculously large quivers i haven't found mine.
    I would like to become a gearhead but im lacking the finacial capability.

Big Daddies with Atomic 10-18 Bindings
    an AK Enemies with Salomon 912 Ti

It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by wiunnbd

JK, Kinda suprised you didn't mount up the Linkens or Bombers on the Gotama's. How did you like the Gotama's for tele? Why you thinking of switching the tele rig to the Explosiv's?
    I skied Linkens for 3 seasons, no matter how I tuned/tweaked/cranked those suckers they kept falling off whenever I landed something big. Also quite a few pairs blew up on me.
    The latest production year seems to be holding up fine though, the bindings in the pic are my girlfriends they are from the latest production line as has held up fine for the most of last season. She got them as a replacement after she blew up a pair. Her last Linkens, aswell as mine and four of my friends pairs came apart at the toebox.(Supposedly that is corrected now and I havent seen it happen to any of the newer pairs) And finally I like to be able to tighten the bindings to get higher heel retention. No matter how tight you adjust Linken bindings you still won`t get the same resistance as a tight pair of R8`s. Never tried Bombers, might have to check them out this year, damn expensive in my neck of the woods though...

The Gotamas are sweet teleskis as long as the snow is soft and consistent. Even has a fairly good grip on firmer snow, considering their dimensions. When the going gets tougher, I find them a bit soft. In packed snow, windcrust and generally variable snow the ski feels too soft to me. While it floats great, the softness makes the ski deflect a lot when hitting harder snow, and sometimes the ski flexes so hard that it tends to throw you over the handlebar, a problem I also felt when skiing PR`s on tele (and generally a bigger problem on a softer telerigs due to the loose heels).
    In short I do not like the feeling of the ski beeing the factor that keeps me from going as fast/hard as I can.

So this year I am putting the telebindings on the Explosives, a much stiffer ski with mach speed and variable snow abitlities far superior of the Gotamas (which I have already sold). I have not demoed this years Gotama on tele, they might be a bit better as I hear that they have added a layer of metal to them to stiffen them up.

i am having a hard time figuring out if laseranimal is down with the Autobots or the Decepticons. it seems he is supporting both at the same time, but everyone knows that is unpossible.

and what do transformers of any kind have to do with a gaint tourist trap in south carolina?

deciphering laser animals skis is like a serious anthropologic undertaking.
    Last edited by basom; 11-08-2004 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    i am having a hard time figuring out if laseranimal is down with the Autobots or the Decepticons. it seems he is supporting both at the same time, but everyone knows that is unpossible.
    Agreed, everyone knows that the Decepticons are the enemies of the Autobots. Supporting both

This picture cleary shows what happens when they see each other... Megatron is sneaking up behind Optimus Prime to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    I'm SO like a double agent going back and forth from Alpine(Autobots) and Tele(Decepticons) so I can discover the top secret base hidden near SOUTH OF THE BORDER cause thats where all the SPAM is hidden and soon an army of SMITH wearing MOOSE will rise to take over the TETONS and the only chance we have is to escape to EMS at JAY PEAK VT to find the POWDER and we will SKI IT IF WE CAN, however if someone asks ARE YOU THREATENING ME? we will have to GO BACK TO OUR SUBURB

Its like 12 Monkeys, my skis fortell the coming apocolypse
    Last edited by laseranimal; 11-08-2004 at 08:39 AM.
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal
    ...escape to EMS at Jay Peak VT...
    Basom, is this factual? I never saw one...

no no no WE MUST BUILD AN EMS at Jay Peak! That way we have somewhere to escape to when the spam hoarding smith wearing moose rise to take over the tetons
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was