Page 227 of 235 FirstFirst ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 5859
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Great quiver

Glad the BMT94s have a spot in that lineup

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AB0A9349-7E5F-40B7-9228-8BD853F4B04C.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	722.0 KB 
ID:	455483

Need to clear out a bit & reorganize for 23/24

177cm Black Crows Divus : wife has stolen this ski
    180cm Heritage Lab’s r99
    184cm custom (extra metal / 2x glass) Renoun Endurance 88
    184cm Volkl Kendo
    183 Blizzard Bonofide Retro Shop Version
    184 Black Crows Atris - Swiss Cheese
    188 Black Crows Corvus

Name:  9EA491A8-9C2B-47CC-9A79-0048449F510A.jpeg
Views: 2277
Size:  57.6 KB

^plus a bunch of race skis

Rounded out the season with the best 5-ski quiver I can come up with. I ski the Ravens or the Daemon’s almost 90% of the time.

-187 OG 4FRNT Hoji with Pivot 15’s
    (added this ski this year as I have never had a dedicated pow ski, and loved it.

-183 Black Crows Daemon with STH13’s
    (Super versatile and fun resort ski, absolutely crushes in bumps/crud but can still rail on groomers)

-184 4FRNT Ravens with Trab Titan 1.0
    (Favorite ski of the bunch, super easy to ski in bad conditions, and really fun in good conditions. Also the Trab 1.0 binding is the GOAT of beefy race bindings)

-178 Blizzard Zero G 95 with Trab Titan 2.0
    (Great for steep, technical stuff in firm conditions. More precise than the Raven with better edge hold. I used to have the old version of this ski and liked it even better. The Titan 2.0 is nearly as good as the original, but not quite as solid)

-171 Blizzard Zero G 85 with Dyna-Plum
    (Great for long walks in May or June) I don’t ski these that often, but it’s super nice to have a solid ski that is so light. Excellent mountain tools.

Boots: Scarpa Quattro XT and F1 LT

What else do I need? I’d love to add an even wider, dedicated touring ski like a Renegade, but I’m not sure how often I’d use them. Another ski I’ve been hunting for is the last generation La Sportiva Vapor Nano, as I think that is an ideal ski for low-angle powder touring, which I end up doing a lot of most seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice quiver PJ5! I think we share similar taste in long sidecut, long rocker skis. I agree that you should consider a fat and light flotation device. I resisted until this season when I got Voile Hyper V8s, which I have really enjoyed and gotten a lot of use out of. They kind of go against everything I believe in when it comes to ski shape, but they are cheap and durable, and I only use them in great snow. They are the worst firm snow skis I have ever used, by far. I know they are light years more robust than the Vapor Nano. Someday I'd love a full carbon Moonlight Cruiser, but the price is nuts.

This years quiver

Name:	Image1682037332.369582.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	456475

From right to left.
    Backcountry:

188cm QST 106 w/MTN @ +1.75. Was my touring DD. Retired at this point. Just never really got along with it as well as I would liked.
    189cm Steeple 102s w/MTN. My longest standing ski in the quiver. Recently remounted after spending the last 3 seasons as my rock skis with maybe 10 total days. Easily 275 days at this point on them overall, figured I was done with the QSTs and I'd rather use the Steeples for spring touring and early season touring next year. Really glad I did, these things fucking rip.
    184cm Black Crows Camox Birdie w/ATK Haute Route. Company provided "light" touring sticks. I like them quite a bit in consistent soft snow but I don't think they fit in my quiver enough to hold on too. Need something a little more ski mountaineering focused in this spot.
    184cm Wagner Customs w/MTN. 105mm underfoot, about 2kg mounted. These were my best friend's that he had made to honor our close friend who passed away. I couldn't leave them unmounted after he passed too... and it turns out they are great for for soft snow hunting in low angle trees and below treeline chutes. They do what the Black Crows do better with a bit more weight. Always feels good to get them out on a bit of an adventure that my friends would have enjoyed.

Inbounds:
    186cm Sickles w/CAST. One of the greatest skis ever made, IYKYK. Mine are pretty clapped at this point, almost as much PTex as base material and one cracked edge. Have a pre-order in for Marshall's FR110 to replace these potentially, but we'll see if they have the same do-it-all magic.
    192cm MFree 108s w/Pivot 15. Picked these up this year as a potential Sickle replacement, ended up daily driving them most of the rest of the season. I get the hype, easy to slash and slarve while loving the fall line and handling chop/chunder with composure. Makes you want to jump off every little side hit and cliff in sight while seek out soft snow piles. They don't love the tight trees and funk like the Sickles but few skis do. These will continue to be my go-to for anything from firm-ish to 8" of fresh overnight on a soft base.
    184cm ASYM Billy Goats w/STH 16. Favorite resort pow ski of all time. Where I ski when it's deep pow we are often in the trees and the 184cm size just eats that kind of terrain up. Fast turns or slow it will come around and do what you need and be a blast in the process. I kind of want a longer version of this ski these days. Wish I could find a SG when I have enough money to justify it.
    200cm Kastle from 1988 (?). Best free box score EVER. They somehow fit my boots and I've had a blast ripping them during night skiing and in the spring slush in costume. Every skier needs to try a pair of real straights to know how far we've come.

Thoughts for next year...

With the FR110s on the way I think my inbound quiver is solid for now. I spent maybe 5% of my total skiing this year on a groomer and my quiver works great for that. I don't see the need for anything else outside of maybe a Super Goat style ski for big alpine pow days/charging and after reading that pow skis thread I'm think that maybe I'm missing out on having something larger than 120mm though.

My touring quiver needs work. I need something fatter than 110 for how much pow touring I actually do (at least 30-40 days a year, mostly low angle considering how SW Colorado's snowpack is). Tough to narrow down what that ski will be at this point though. I also need something skinnier for spring too. Lots of skis to consider in that category as well, but I have a lot of time to think on that one before next spring.
    Last edited by ASmileyFace; 04-21-2023 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    My touring quiver needs work. I need something fatter than 110 for how much pow touring I actually do (at least 30-40 days a year, mostly low angle considering how SW Colorado's snowpack is). Tough to narrow down what that ski will be at this point though. I also need something skinnier for spring too. Lots of skis to consider in that category as well, but I have a lot of time to think on that one before next spring.
    You're welcome to try my 187 Woodsman 110 tours, though it's not really the season for it. I probably should have remembered to make that offer earlier in the season. Given your love for the Steeple, it does seem like the 187 BGT 118 would be worth a gander.

I'm awfully sorry to hear about your friends passing. That sucks.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Not a fully mounted quiver, but they are skis, and what I'll be skiing next season.

support the raddest project going: http://heritagelabskis.com

What’s the flex on the c90 like?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Not a fully mounted quiver, but they are skis, and what I'll be skiing next season.

Damnit Arild, that's hawt. I got so much want for R87Comp, C90, and FL105 I don't know even where to begin...

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    Damnit Arild, that's hawt. I got so much want for R87Comp, C90, and FL105 I don't know even where to begin...
    Heehee. We need to ski together at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

These are protos, and pretty damn stiff! I'm trying to source some lightweight bindings for them on the cheap before all the snow is gone.

Tip rocker profile is reminiscent of a scaled down 132, except with a camber pocket, then the tail rocker is long and low. Marshal is working at refining them after skiing them for a bit, though, and from what I've seen, they'll turn out great.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Heehee. We need to ski together at some point.

Yeah, that'd be great 😃👍

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Very curious about the C90 as well. I’m split between the 177 and 184. Do they ski pretty short? I feel like my 184 ravens are just right, but going down to a 177 would be really nice for the spring.

Weekend warrior mostly skiing at Mammoth.

Name:  20230615_171201.jpg
Views: 1521
Size:  182.5 KB
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1513
Size:  49.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    Weekend warrior mostly skiing at Mammoth.

Name:  20230615_171201.jpg
Views: 1521
Size:  182.5 KB
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1513
Size:  49.4 KB
    Nice quiver. Always will respect seeing a Sickle in the wild.

The Stranger is a great ski for what it's meant for. I might need something like that to make taking it easy on groomers a little more interesting once I get the go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Nice quiver. Always will respect seeing a Sickle in the wild.

The Stranger is a great ski for what it's meant for. I might need something like that to make taking it easy on groomers a little more interesting once I get the go ahead.
    Will be interested to see what you think of the FR110 as I am looking for a replacement for these soon as well. Have tried Volkl Ones, 4frnt devs, mfrees, all looking for something close but no cigar. There's no other ski I would rather take when I have to travel and can only bring 1 pair.

I picked up the strangers this year and have only a few days so far but they are a definite recommend from me. Some days your with a shredder crew and thats when the pro-riders come out. But most days the crew you are with is slower than you, so you use these to carve back and forth across the entire run, pop off sidehits, and do wheelies and butters. They also get more comments in the lift line than the swallow-tail pescados.
    Last edited by KillerMonkey; 06-21-2023 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    Will be interested to see what you think of the FR110 as I am looking for a replacement for these soon as well. Have tried Volkl Ones, 4frnt devs, mfrees, all looking for something close but no cigar. There's no other ski I would rather take when I have to travel and can only bring 1 pair.

I picked up the strangers this year and have only a few days so far but they are a definite recommend from me. Some days your with a shredder crew and thats when the pro-riders come out. But most days the crew you are with is slower than you, so you use these to carve back and forth across the entire run, pop off sidehits, and do wheelies and butters. They also get more comments in the lift line than the swallow-tail pescados.
    I am so hyped for the FR110, they have everything a new age Sickle should have. Sadly I had to cancel my pre-order. I broke my femur in an accident on April 28th and I needed the cash influx more than a new pair of skis for next season. If everything goes perfectly I might be lightly skiing groomers by January. I'll be patiently waiting to hear everyone's feedback in the Heritage Lab thread. If all goes to plan I'll try and pick up a pair around the spring once I'm back to full speed. I also might be in the market for a Stranger type ski to fill that chill cruiser category.

Fingers crossed I have a reason to buy a couple pairs of skis next season.

Name:	IMG_0391.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	469434

Quiver is coming together nicely.

Original 183 Bentchetler
    183 Volkl Katana
    180 Rossignol Sender Ti
    174 Fischer Motiv 95
    178 Black Crows Captis

Katana and Bentchetlers were my new adds this week.
    Sender Ti are just wow and work really well for me.

The other two my get changed out later this year.

I sized down after the ankle break. So far no regrets and my skiing benefited from it.

If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Current quiverClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7533.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	469460

Quote Originally Posted by Mr C View Post

Nice quiver with some good skis. Good to see an even dozen pair, of fairly recent models in one quiver. I'm at 11 pair and want to go +1. This somehow makes me feel better.

KC
    Last edited by kc_7777; 09-11-2023 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr C View Post

Love the reckoner next to the m102.

How do you choose between the black ops, wildcat and deathwish?

BO was a late season pick up and is phenomenal. It has me thinking of dumping the WC, but keeping the DW for the triple camber novelty, which I like. May dump both the Moments if I can get on the Sender 110 and it is anything like a narrow BO…that is better in firmer conditions.

Actually also have unmounted Brahma 82 and JJ 116. So feel good about going +3.

Here was what I was going into this winter season with.

Just sold off the caught and released the volkls. Still looking for a more playful inbounds pow ski to replace/complement the BGs but decided the r121s weren't it.

Planning to move the voyagers from the bg108t to the wrapped dwts and sell those off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Here was what I was going into this winter season with.

Just sold off the caught and released the volkls. Still looking for a more playful inbounds pow ski to replace/complement the BGs but decided the r121s weren't it.

Planning to move the voyagers from the bg108t to the wrapped dwts and sell those off as well.

What would you call the r121's?