Page 200 of 236 FirstFirst ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 5880
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'll be curious to hear what you think. I'm also a Cochise lover, but I frequently ski with a kid now and they are BORING on mellower terrain. I picked up some Enforcer Free 104's which I hope can be good enough at kid-skiing and me-skiing, but I have to say I'm not all that psyched on the shape and flex. Hopefully my fondling-based impressions are wrong.
    Cochise and MVP are way straighter skis, the enforcer 104 free feels very turny. Can be fun on slower groomers, but a little twitchy/hooky in 3D snow or crud.

MVP could be fun for you if you can deal with the more forward mount.

Last three on right have been retired but I like them so much that I included them (except the Nanuq ... not a fan) Really excited to try the new one in the wrapper though. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1250.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	347061

Holy shite with some of the other quivers though - makes me feel not so decadent now! (that said I haven't included my race ski quiver )
    Who cares how the crow flies

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy View Post
    Last three on right have been retired but I like them so much that I included them (except the Nanuq ... not a fan) Really excited to try the new one in the wrapper though. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1250.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	347061

Holy shite with some of the other quivers though - makes me feel not so decadent now! (that said I haven't included my race ski quiver )
    Oohhh...Dragon Katanas...my white whale....lol.
    Interested in selling? (Been searching for big boy Dragons for awhile...)

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'll be curious to hear what you think.
    I have a few friends on them, and they love them. I’m not expecting the magic of the Cochise, but from the numbers/hand flexing they will ski pow better, be slightly less stable, slightly less damp, and more turny/playful. We’ll see how all that actually shakes out on snow on Friday. Will report back.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy View Post
    ...I haven't included my race ski quiver )
    Tits or GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    nice - getting dialed J!

Somewhat surprised that you keep the Ravens around if you click with w108s to be honest. Ravens were the biggest love/hate story for me last year - started out loving them, but they fell increasingly out of favor the more I used them. They are awesome in fresh, but then again that part of the quiver is not selected for fresh pow ability - but dense snow or lower snow days, conditions they frankly do less than spectacularly in imho (for me and how i ski at least).

Attachment 346743
    (Wren96s 179, Wren96tis 179, BMT90s 177, MVWs179, KVWs177, wood108s 182, wren114 179, ranger102 177, wildcat108s 184, wren108s 179, koala119s 184, wood116s 182, BG184s, C&D184s, BMT90s 163, BMT109s 166, BMT122s 176)

This is where i ended up last year. I have since sold the Ranger102FRs, Wildcat108s and Koala119s (as well as Ravens, Hojis, SGN Toggas, SGN UrRakkars, Praxis EXPs, Wünderstick106/118s, Kartel116s, R10s and R11s + a few more pairs), in spite of really liking the Wildcat108s, Koala119s and R10/11s. I've added a pair of BMT109s in 176 and a another pair of BMT122s, though in 186.

The right most three constitutes the Princess quiver, aka skis my friends/mom/sister etc can borrow when they visit. A pair of MVWs in 170 w/Meidjo 2.1s is about to be mounted and included as well.

Edit: also, I forgot to mention that the quiver will be spread out over two locations, so while somewhat bloated it is not quite as hopeless as it seems.

I have also been considering doing a major purge and/or buying Revolt104/121s and/or M-Free 108/119s - but have yet to decide. Time will tell.
    Most Shifts I’ve ever seen in one place! I love my one pair

quite a few tasty quivers as of late - well done mags!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmiepoison View Post
    Most Shifts I’ve ever seen in one place! I love my one pair
    What can I say, FOMO ain't cheap

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Finally added a BC setup after a friend gifted me the Vipec’s (I know, they’re Gen 1, but they were barely used and free)
    These Vipecs are sweet, especially if free. I am guessing the front could potentially be modified to get even more sidewise range like the latter versions have (by trimming the bridge), though I do not have one at hand to dismantle and find out if all the other parts are the same - though I would not sweat it, they ski well as is.

The only negative trait of that gen is that the heels sometimes can fill with (enough) snow that the heels won't lock into ski mode, but it is an easy fix (open again / engage walk mode and bang on top the heel, and if it doesn't clear then unscrew the heel, clear it for snow and screw it back on - aka a good idea to mark where the ski mode position is on the rail). I had it happen once, so not a huge issue. I am guessing off setting the rail to the rear can be done as well, to have more of the rail cover the opening in walk mode.

Sweet Mangofied j108s too Did the shorter BGs remain in rotation, or did the missus part of the quiver move in a different direction?

'20/'21 Edition:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201110_202000031.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	347168

180 Blizzard Zero G 105 w/Speed Radical Toes and SSL 2.0 heels (w/ brakes and adjustment plates)
    -Spring/summer touring/ ski mountaineering

182 UL Praxis GPO w/ SSL 2.0's
    -Winter touring

187 Woody Guthrie Pro Model (187 Protests) w/ SSL 2.0's
    -Deep snow touring or go faster when meadow skipping

181 Salomon QST 106 w/ Tectons
    -Dolomites daily driver/lift assisted touring. These should be living in Italy but Covid won't let me visit. Also have Blizzard Bushwackers w/Kingpins and OG Lhasas w/ Dukes over there.

188 Blizzard Rustler 11 w/ Shifts
    - Resort daily driver + side country

186 Nordica Enforcer Free 104 w/ STH2 13 WTR
    -Skiing with kid

Boots:

Scarpa F1
    Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD 120

Sold some and added some. Still thinking I will acquire one more...
    I'm short and light so no big guns here.

Name:	IMG_1594.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	347191

186 Volkl Two - These things are underrated, only wish they had a faster base... Chinese volkls....
    183 Prior Overlord - Mounting with Cast 2.0 and white pivots
    180 Dynastar Menace-Proto - Easy Pow
    184 4frnt Devastator - (not pictured) Just scored 2017 used in mint shape still in the box and will likely be moving Cast 2.0 Pivots on
    177 Blizzard Cochise - Cant find a reason to not keep using them... hundreds of days on these.
    186 Blizzard Peacemakers - Another great ski
    183 Salomon Stance 102 - Mounting with Pivots
    180 Blizzard Rustler 9 - Dad ski
    182 Blizzard WRC - Groomers and beer league
    184 Moment Wildcat Tour - Mounting with G3 Zed's
    180 Rossignol S7 shop display - Early season touring... SkiFishBumb found one in a closet for me back in my no money days...
    178 Blizzard Zero G 95 - Mounting with BD Helio 200 (ATK Haute Route)

Boot Quiver:
    Cochise 130
    Atomic Hawx Prime XTD
    Atomic Backland Carbon
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    This is the best quiver pic in this whole damn thread.

Please tell me you don’t still ski on those MBX’s...
    I had to double take to find them, nice spot and agree.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

My 20/21 bloated Covid basement bunker quiver...

210cm Kastle Speedmachine DH - damp as fuck

207cm Kastle Speedmachine SG - really damp

194cm Kastle MX98 gen 1 - new addition

192cm Movement Super Turbo - new addition

191cm Movement Goliath - one of my favorites

190cm Dynastar Legend Pro Rider - new addition

188cm Rossignol E98 - good wide carver

184cm Volkl VWerks Katana - pow/ western touring ski still trying to decide what to mount it with. Maybe DIY cast after I try it on the Sakana below.

184cm Volkl Mantra 102 - my daily driver

184cm Movement Goliath Sluff - great do all

181cm Line Sakana - new addition with DIY cast for eastern resort touring/trees when lifts get shut down again

186cm Liberty V92 - easy groomer zoomer

179cm Liberty Evolv 100 - new addition lazy dad ski

175cm Scott Superguide 105 - touring ski

170cm Dynastar WC SL ski - ice skate

I am most excited to ski off the MX98, LPR, Goliath, and E98 to see what falls where.

Next most excited to ski the Sakana. I've heard it's a weirdly fun ski.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1233.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	347381  

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Next most excited to ski the Sakana. I've heard it's a weirdly fun ski.
    Can confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What can I say, FOMO ain't cheap
    How do you have enough skins for all that....

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    My 20/21 bloated Covid basement bunker quiver...
    This is the year to bloat. Long off-season, alot of daydreaming and ecommerce. Love it!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Eh, you can do a lot of sharing if you're not adamant on having the most exact wall to wall coverage. I use three sets of skins over six sets of skis with touring bindings, and probably could get away with two if I wanted to pinch. 34mm range of waist widths.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Eh, you can do a lot of sharing if you're not adamant on having the most exact wall to wall coverage. I use three sets of skins over six sets of skis with touring bindings, and probably could get away with two if I wanted to pinch. 34mm range of waist widths.
    I do the same. Your skins don't really need to be a perfect fit edge to edge as long as they're in the ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    It is surprisingly easy and relatively cheap

Name:	contour-hybrid-free-split-skin-ski-skin.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	347716
    I do have a few other skins, including Völkl skins for the princess part of the quiver, but I spent like 90% of last season touring on the Contour Hybrid sSplit skins. They work really freaking well and are pretty good bang for buck. I've used them on everything from BMT90s ( a bit tight underfoot) to Wunderstick118s. They are not magical for multiple laps, especially in wet snow, but work well for everything else. The main issue with gen one skins - like the pairs I have - is that the glue is not perfection, but then again that is what enabled me to get them at a killer price. Will def recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Attachment 346276

Left to right:

• 191 ON3P Wrenegade, P14s: Might let these go, have a lot of overlap in this part of the quiver
    • 190 Moment Bibby, CAST: Resort DD, some slackcountry use, maybe travel ski if that happens this season
    • 187 J Masterblaster, P14s: Resort firm snow ski
    • 184 4FRNT Raven, Zeds: Touring DD
    • 186 4FRNT Renegade, CAST: Just mounted these. Imagining them as a resort/slackcountry pow ski but might end up touring on them more if I really click.
    • 192 DPS Lotus 138: Pow touring. Currently sharing bindings with the Ravens via inserts
    • 192 Praxis Protest, Shifts: No such thing as too many pow skis
    • 186 Blizzard Bodacious, Wardens: Running over Jerrys
    I miss seeing those Renegades in my garage. Glad you'll be giving them the snow they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I miss seeing those Renegades in my garage. Glad you'll be giving them the snow they deserve.
    I can't wait to get out on them!

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

L-R
    188 Protest- early season pow, jib pow
    192 Custom 4flex enduro Protest- mob pow
    191 Lhasa FAT Heavy Hitter 5flex- hate fuck pow and anything in it’s way.
    192 Mfree 108- new this year so we will see...
    188 X106 with Cast- swiss army knife, super loyal, happy cruising or haulin the mail.
    186 4FRNT Cody- jibby play time
    186 LP- you know the ones..
    183 Head MONSTER82- hard pack destroyer DGAF.

Name:	IMG_2865.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	347939

These Vipecs are sweet, especially if free. I am guessing the front could potentially be modified to get even more sidewise range like the latter versions have (by trimming the bridge), though I do not have one at hand to dismantle and find out if all the other parts are the same - though I would not sweat it, they ski well as is.

The only negative trait of that gen is that the heels sometimes can fill with (enough) snow that the heels won't lock into ski mode, but it is an easy fix (open again / engage walk mode and bang on top the heel, and if it doesn't clear then unscrew the heel, clear it for snow and screw it back on - aka a good idea to mark where the ski mode position is on the rail). I had it happen once, so not a huge issue. I am guessing off setting the rail to the rear can be done as well, to have more of the rail cover the opening in walk mode.

Sweet Mangofied j108s too Did the shorter BGs remain in rotation, or did the missus part of the quiver move in a different direction?
    Just saw this now... Thanks for the info on the Vipec’s, will keep that snow in heel issue in mind when I get out on them (hoping next week!). Will also report on the Scott Scrapper’s, tho I suspect they’ll ski like skis I’ve had in the past.

The Mango Jeffrey 108’s are gonna be sweet. Asked for them to be dialed very similar to the Caylor’s (which I just love), so they’re very custom. Really can’t wait to ride them, slotted as the new DD’s.

The smaller Billy Goat’s moved on to new homes. I sold my wife’s 179’s last year and my 184’s earlier in the summer. Her quiver didn’t change this year, she’s still on her custom Wrenegade 88’s and Black Crows Atris Birdie’s.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    L-R
    188 Protest- early season pow, jib pow
    192 Custom 4flex enduro Protest- mob pow
    191 Lhasa FAT Heavy Hitter 5flex- hate fuck pow and anything in it’s way.
    188 X106 with Cast- swiss army knife, super loyal, happy cruising or haulin the mail.
    186 4FRNT Cody- jibby play time
    186 LP- you know the ones..
    183 Head MONSTER82- hard pack destroyer DGAF.

Name:	IMG_2865.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	347939
    Nice quiver, pretty well rounded and n+1 is evident with the 4 specific powder shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Me likes your color coordination. Curtains def match them drapes!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Contour hybrid free skins

It is surprisingly easy and relatively cheap

Name:	contour-hybrid-free-split-skin-ski-skin.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	347716
    ... the glue is not perfection, but then again that is what enabled me to get them at a killer price. Will def recommend.
    ...ever tried cleaning/ reactivating the hybrid glue with the contour cleaning wipes / wX remover? Need to feel really tacky to perform well...
    Just curious, the manufacturer. Werner

Quote Originally Posted by werner.koch View Post
    ...ever tried cleaning/ reactivating the hybrid glue with the contour cleaning wipes / wX remover? Need to feel really tacky to perform well...
    Just curious, the manufacturer. Werner
    Nope, I have not, though it sounds like it might be worth a try at some point in time. I will see how they perform when I get to use them again.

The issue has primarily if only intermittently manifested itself on my longer pair when I am doing laps, which I seldomly do (usually it is once and done). The last time I used them was also the time they performed the worst relatively speaking, due to multiple laps. It could have been that I messed something up though, who knows. I have not used them since due to using shorter, narrower sticks with a shorter pair of Contour skins for the ultimate part of the season. I will report back after some more use, but again - so far so good, I am pleased enough with how they perform that I have bought three pairs, I really like them and how versatile they are.

Thanks for chiming in !