Page 190 of 194 FirstFirst ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 4846
  1. #4726
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post

    2017 191cm ON3P Cease and Desists. Mega rocker, asym, attack demo bindings for sharing.

    2019 189cm ON3P Cease and Desist + Attack 16 Bindings

    192cm Praxis Protests, Enduro Veneer 3 Flex + Attack 16 Bindings

    ]
    So, how would you compare these three?

  2. #4727
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    10,180
    Some serious thought to get to that! Super dialed

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  3. #4728
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    I get that^^^
    Attachment 313207
    Did you ever replace your 181 CD 104s with longer ones? Like you discovered, I'm finding that they ski a bit short.

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  4. #4729
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Did you ever replace your 181 CD 104s with longer ones? Like you discovered, I'm finding that they ski a bit short.

    ... Thom
    Never did, still have the 181s and while there's definitely times when I wish they were longer it's hasn't been enough for me to spend the money to go longer (yet). Still dig them for what they are though.

  5. #4730
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Never did, still have the 181s and while there's definitely times when I wish they were longer it's hasn't been enough for me to spend the money to go longer (yet). Still dig them for what they are though.
    That's kinda how I feel about them. Fine In soft snow, predictable in chopped stuff, and a bit short feeling on hard stuff.

    I keep looking for a Goldilocks ski in the 100-ish width - something that I'd feel as comfortable skiing a couloir in the Spring (earlier in the day than I'd prefer, before it softens up), and yet predictable in warm slop.

    I should probably just ski better ;-)

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  6. #4731
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    So, how would you compare these three?
    Check the protest and ON3P threads, just posted some mini reviews

  7. #4732
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,987
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    That's kinda how I feel about them. Fine In soft snow, predictable in chopped stuff, and a bit short feeling on hard stuff.

    I keep looking for a Goldilocks ski in the 100-ish width - something that I'd feel as comfortable skiing a couloir in the Spring (earlier in the day than I'd prefer, before it softens up), and yet predictable in warm slop.

    I should probably just ski better ;-)

    ... Thom
    let's get enough people to preorder a Praxis build of the 179 Bro. for real, that is the ski you want.

  8. #4733
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Check the protest and ON3P threads, just posted some mini reviews
    Thanks

  9. #4734
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,223
    This is my favorite thread on here. Iím having a big shake up on the fat end of my quiver this year. Been really interesting


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  10. #4735
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    let's get enough people to preorder a Praxis build of the 179 Bro. for real, that is the ski you want.
    You DID have to mention that, didn't you?

    Is the magic number 10 people? 15?

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  11. #4736
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    4,987
    Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    You DID have to mention that, didn't you?

    Is the magic number 10 people? 15?

    ... Thom
    I don't actually know, I've heard 10ish... I know auvgeek was always looking for a pair of those also. I'd get the same exact setup as my woos... UL/carbon, 3 flex, maple... that's still the most fluid powder skiing ski I've ever had. A real 1 ski touring quiver imo.

  12. #4737
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    that's a sick big-ski quiver. nice.

  13. #4738
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    920
    Updated my quiver changing out my inbounds powder boards to the Protests (stoked to have more Tahoe grown product) and the womens Gotbacks just got mounted with some Fritschi Freerides to serve as an approach ski for ice climbing in RMNP.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5160_clean.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	676.0 KB 
ID:	315475
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

  14. #4739
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,372
    183 RC4s. GS beer league
    190 Goats. Rock skis.
    190 Experience 100s. Groomer days. These skis are really underrated.
    191 K108s. Everyday.
    195 FGSs. Maching days.
    190 FFFs. Waited a long time to get a pair. Just refinished the tops and want to get on them.
    192 Caylors. Traded BGs for these...I really like BGs but wanted to check these out. They'll head back to Iggy for sentimental purposes when I'm done with them and order a new pair of BGs or big Woodsmans.
    196 Pillow Fights. Place reserved to pick these up next week.
    186 Viciks. Hippy days.
    19something Rossi somethings. These are not awesome. But, spring corn laps are pretty good after some toking.
    192 Zealots. Still a great ski. A little heavy to skin but I like them a lot. I had a pair of the greens and another pair of the blues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5781.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	341.8 KB 
ID:	315487   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7646.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	944.1 KB 
ID:	315488  

  15. #4740
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    183 RC4s. GS beer league
    190 Goats. Rock skis.
    190 Experience 100s. Groomer days. These skis are really underrated.
    191 K108s. Everyday.
    195 FGSs. Maching days.
    190 FFFs. Waited a long time to get a pair. Just refinished the tops and want to get on them.
    192 Caylors. Traded BGs for these...I really like BGs but wanted to check these out. They'll head back to Iggy for sentimental purposes when I'm done with them and order a new pair of BGs or big Woodsmans.
    196 Pillow Fights. Place reserved to pick these up next week.
    186 Viciks. Hippy days.
    19something Rossi somethings. These are not awesome. But, spring corn laps are pretty good after some toking.
    192 Zealots. Still a great ski. A little heavy to skin but I like them a lot. I had a pair of the greens and another pair of the blues.
    Those iggys look good in your quiver I hope you enjoy them.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

    www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

  16. #4741
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    854
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2158.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	927.5 KB 
ID:	317920

    184 MB99ti
    189 BG
    187 W108
    186 Proto Jeffrey 114
    190 Rocker2 108


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  17. #4742
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    voting in seattle
    Posts
    4,284
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BE242B9C-50B6-41C1-A289-A20F773FC848.jpeg 
Views:	149 
Size:	285.0 KB 
ID:	317924

    Resort:
    189 Billy Goat
    186 Kartel 108
    182 Woodsman 96
    186 Mindbender 108

    Travel:
    188 Rustler 11 w/shifts

    Tour:
    188 ZeroG 105
    178 ZeroG 95

    Not pictured:
    184 Legend 105 w/ P14
    Several pairs of Tacoma ON3Ps

  18. #4743
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,173
    183cm Line Vision 108 w/Tecton 12
    181cm Line Sakana w/p14
    188cm Armada ARV 106Ti w/p14
    186cm K2 Mindbender 116c LTD w/sth2 13
    179cm K2 Hellbents w/p14 (nostalgia wheelie pow ski)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6647201F-A69A-40F2-A626-9BFC0D10EE7F.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	724.6 KB 
ID:	318410

  19. #4744
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    215
    ^^^ interesting disconnect between your user name and quiver choices... Still looks fun as hell though!

  20. #4745
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    183cm Line Vision 108 w/Tecton 12
    181cm Line Sakana w/p14
    188cm Armada ARV 106Ti w/p14
    186cm K2 Mindbender 116c LTD w/sth2 13
    179cm K2 Hellbents w/p14 (nostalgia wheelie pow ski)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6647201F-A69A-40F2-A626-9BFC0D10EE7F.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	724.6 KB 
ID:	318410
    Those blue 116Cs are mint!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  21. #4746
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    ^^^ interesting disconnect between your user name and quiver choices... Still looks fun as hell though!
    ha, that name was made when I first made an account on here as at the time everyone was jerking off for bamboo cores.

  22. #4747
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Those blue 116Cs are mint!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Got lucky on that, the current orange graphic and next years are hideous haha

  23. #4748
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,223

    The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5137.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	325.9 KB 
ID:	319411
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5138.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	233.5 KB 
ID:	319412

    My seasons almost over, got to go back to work, so here is what I ended up with. Drastic change in skis (number of and length) compared to past years. I was keeping track of what got used what days with a spread sheet but Apples stupid iCloud bullshit and refusal to back up to the iCloud means all the info since early Jan deleted.

    Anyways, here it goes.

    Blizzard Brahma 187cm Look PX 18
    Mounted on the line
    Used maybe 5 days
    Great carver and all mountain ski. I love having a narrow carver again. Donít get much use once we get snow, but early season they are amazing for remember the basics and getting used to skis under your feet again.

    Blizzard Rustler 9 188cm Look Pivot 14
    Mounted on the line
    10 days and counting
    Bought these to tour on, hadnít used them so I sold the touring bindings and put Pivots on them. Things just clicked, itís weird, I donít think twice about grabbing these ever, they just work.

    Kastle MX 98 194cm Look Pivot 18
    7-10 days
    Old faithful. Trusty, rips, does what I want when. The Rustler 9s have been taking days away from these, but thatís alright cause when they do come out, itís like putting a comfy pair of pants on.

    Kastle BMX 115 193cm Look Pivot 18
    10 days
    Picked these up when the first pair of These correct, exactly like a Kastle pow ski should ski. First pair of Mindbenders broke, and these were a steal, they just work. There is no adjustment between these and the MX 98s. If you get really far forward and over the front of the ski, the tip can be a smidge soft if the conditions are funky, but itís only noticeable in very unique conditions. Anywhere from big line hunting to over head blower, these do what I want when I want.

    K2 Mindbender 116C 193 cm Cast Pivot 18
    7-10 days
    This is the infamous delam rebuild pair. You canít tell they were glued back together, so they became my go for a long hike in alpine gear ski. Not great in chunder or hard pack, but if the snows a bit soft, they are just fine.

    K2 Mindbender 116C 193 cm Kingpin 13
    5-7 days
    Best pow touring ski Iíve been on ever. Light on the way up (for their size) yet stable for it all on the way down. Toured a bit with them, sled skied with them, I have two pairs for a reason.

    K2 Pon2oon 189 Look Pivot 18
    1 day (itís got to be deep!)
    Yeah, Shane got these right. These and the BMX 115s replaced 5 skis in quiver. Easiest pow ski Iíve ever been on. I skied lines that have scared me and skied them well.

    Not pictured cause they are out of the rotation, for sale, sold, or returned to owner.
    Volkl Shiro 203 cm - 5 days - for sale
    Volkl Shiro 193 cm - 1 day - for sale
    Blizzard Bodacuous 196 cm - 1 day - sold
    Fischer Ranger 202 cm - 1 day - sold
    Faction Candide 3.0 204cm - 10 days - for sale
    Praxis Protest 196 cm - 4 days - for sale
    Dynastar Proto 189 - 2 days - borrowed and returned
    Dynastar Cham 2.0 184 - 2 days - borrowed and returned
    Kastle FX 106 - 1/2 day - dog shit - returned to demo tent
    Kastle ZX 108 - 1/2 day - tried to steal from the rep, that fucking good
    Nordica Enforcer 115 Free (2020/2021 model) - 4 days - again tried to steal from the rep

    Next years thoughts are to look for something 104-108 under foot. Iíve got my eyes on BMX 105s, Rustler 10s, ZX 108, Candide 3.0 (194 length), something like that. But Iím happy where Iím at.

    This is the smallest quiver Iíve ended the season with in 5 years and I donít have a need to replace anything. A lot of things in my skiing were fixed my WSTDeep, thank you again. Getting my balance (ie hands) finally in the right place, has helped me not rely on a ski for stability, and let me get on skis I can actually ski. All Iím really going to do now is hoard back ups of the rare discontinued skis.



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by skibrd; 03-09-2020 at 09:33 AM.

  24. #4749
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    FR&CH
    Posts
    203
    Nice quiver :-) I have some new BMX105 and BMX115 coming today (they can be found for cheap in EU), canít wait to try them ! Ordered both because why not !
    Not too much overlap between the BMX115 and the Mindbenders ?

  25. #4750
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Swiss alps
    Posts
    564
    Nice skibird, cool quiver & good info.
    I really like the BMX shape, but the sound of the soft tips is a bit discomforting.
    How do the FX and ZX compare? FX106 is not the new BMX105 apparently?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •