Page 184 of 236 FirstFirst ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 5879
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    I will soon post my high praise for lucknau, but my first reaction is...

WTF? Was this a 6-year 20,000-person conspiracy to make sure I never heard there exists a 2600g Lotus138?

I woulda bought that years ago! Who can I blame for this? (couldn't possibly be my own fault, hahaha)

Guessing that is with bindings? I'm too lazy to look back at what bindings where on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    I will soon post my high praise for lucknau, but my first reaction is...

WTF? Was this a 6-year 20,000-person conspiracy to make sure I never heard there exists a 2600g Lotus138?

I woulda bought that years ago! Who can I blame for this? (couldn't possibly be my own fault, hahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Guessing that is with bindings? I'm too lazy to look back at what bindings where on them.
    Nope. Pre binding mount. They're heavy as shit. That's why I put the 300g bindings on them. Some of this weight is storage wax. Not sure how much.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Elan MBX 16 (207cm) - The first pair of skis I chose myself and paid for myself
    Heehee! Me too!! First pair of sticks I ever owned (although pretty sure mine where 197’s), think I still have em hiding in a corner somewhere awaiting furniture duty. Stellar F N quiver!!!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Attachment 299086

Hard to post this simple 5 ski quiver after Lucknau’s bloated quiver of authentic awesomeness.

Also showed his quiver to my wife. Thanks for giving her perspective.... “it could be worse”....5 pair is like nothing.

Currently:
    ————-
    4FRNT MSP 99
    J Ski the Metal
    Icelantic Nomad 105
    LibTech Wreckreate 110
    Icelantic Nomad 125

Boots: Dalbello Kyrpton and Lupo

Future:
    ———
    Thinking will sell MSP 99 as the J Ski Metal will suffice.

Also the Nomad 105/Duke. Need to then add a wide sidecountry touring ski with Shifts? Will get some new Lupos with pins.

K
    You could just put CAST 2.0, or Shifts, or the new Marker binding, on the Nomad 105 and only have to sell the Dukes?

Nice, I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nope. Pre binding mount. They're heavy as shit. That's why I put the 300g bindings on them. Some of this weight is storage wax. Not sure how much.
    Yup - my 192 hybrid 138s, R3.2 weigh 2541 and 2601 per ski. Feel pretty light on foot though - low swing weight and such

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    You could just put CAST 2.0, or Shifts, or the new Marker binding, on the Nomad 105 and only have to sell the Dukes?
    Nice, I like it!

Actually could a great call. The 105 Nomad at 140-105-130 floats fine. Will be a 3rd mount but Wtf. And have skins cut for them already.

Shifts + new Lupo shopping time!
    Last edited by kc_7777; 10-24-2019 at 11:47 PM.

Actually a great call. The 105 Nomad at 140-105-130 floats me fine. Will be a 3rd mount but Wtf. And have skins cut for them already.

Shifts + Lupo Pro 130 shopping time!
    There are a few threads on plugging holes to get another mount out of a pair of skis. I personally like wood dowels epoxied in, but everyone is different. I’d just make sure the old holes are sealed, and you’ll be fine. My favorite pair of skis has 3 sets of holes in them currently, and my second favorite have 4.

Good luck shopping!

Jesus, after seeing that quiver, the crew over here at Lithic are honored that you'd use that Arlo as a daily driver. Life must be good and the snow must be deep for ya!

Lucknau....incredible quiver. Very impressive!

Thanks all, for the positive responses.

Glad I could help stabilize some of your marriages. I shared the link with my wife when I posted it. Don't ask me why. No adverse reaction or behavior so far. I think she is still reeling from the absurdity of it, but I did notice another guitar and an amp appeared in the basement this week...

Mounting the 116 with forzas and cast when it shows up. Backups of fav ski is crucial hence two pair of PNCs.
    My pinnacles are 191s MBs are 193
    Bump killers are 173 all camber baby

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Ya I’m a Baker guy. Have owned a few NAS Pows and NAS Freerides in the past. Looking forward to getting back on Libs.
    Hey, what's the deal with Lib Tech and Baker? Seemed like every other person there was skiing them. Does magne-traction really work the way they say it does?
    Last edited by lucknau; 10-25-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Hey, what's the deal with Lib Tech and Baker? Seemed like every other person there was skiing them. Does magne-traction really work the way they say it does?
    I skied a bit with the crew that does the Roof Box Reviews for NewSchoolers and they just dropped their LibTech UFO 115 reviews. We had a lot of chairlift chats about them and they seem to say they ski as advertised. I haven’t read the full review they posted, but both of the reviewers really liked how they skied, and from at point of view looked really confident well skiing. The skis handled just about everything that was tossed at them. Maybe they are just a good ski?

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Mounting the 116 with forzas and cast when it shows up. Backups of fav ski is crucial hence two pair of PNCs.
    My pinnacles are 191s MBs are 193
    Bump killers are 173 all camber baby

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    Nice! I just picked up a pair of Mindbender 108 TIs. I’m excited to give them a rip.

What’s with the PNC? Is that a Pinnacle variant?

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I skied a bit with the crew that does the Roof Box Reviews for NewSchoolers and they just dropped their LibTech UFO 115 reviews. We had a lot of chairlift chats about them and they seem to say they ski as advertised. I haven’t read the full review they posted, but both of the reviewers really liked how they skied, and from at point of view looked really confident well skiing. The skis handled just about everything that was tossed at them. Maybe they are just a good ski?
    If they mitigate that treacherous end of day powder turned rock solid hardpack, then I can see why it'd excel at Baker.

Lib and MBSP have a long history and I believe some sort of current hook up / semi endorsement deal, but I could be wrong. They made some custom graphic Wonderstick 118s for the MBSP.

Lib and Mt Baker are both quintessential PNW counter culture as well, so it fits; and the skis work well for the heavy, deep, and stormy nature of Mt Baker.

Edit: the key is to tune it like a snowboard. IE: with a rock.
    Last edited by XavierD; 10-25-2019 at 10:48 AM.

my experiences with magnetraction were not positive although it would have specific benefits like unexpected icy chokes or ribs where edge grip is paramount. I found it very negatively impacted glide, was very challenging to tune and made carving a real balancing act.

*picture of my quiver*

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Lib and MBSP have a long history and I believe some sort of current hook up / semi endorsement deal, but I could be wrong. They made some custom graphic Wonderstick 118s for the MBSP.
    Lib and Mt Baker are both quintessential PNW counter culture as well, so it fits; and the skis work well for the heavy, deep, and stormy nature of Mt Baker.

Edit: the key is to tune it like a snowboard. IE: with a rock.
    This.

And ya most of the Baker patrollers seem to ski Libs.

I used to ski Baker 60+ days a season and you would have many days where the snow is awesome for the top 1/3, heavy pow for the middle 1/3 and then this weird pow turned into heavy, grippy, manky, sticky yet icy stuff for the bottom 1/3. So you need a stiff, wide ski that can float at the top, and rip through the crap at the bottom.

These are not tapered tip, 5 point design skis. They have big big tips, which when combined with magnetraction the grip is crazy good. The older Libtech NAS Pows were 150-115-140 and these were awesome when skiing there.
    The Wreckreate is slightly narrower at 146-110-136...so a slightly thinner NAS Pow. Perfect specs. So I bought em.

Mounting rec is -6 which is bang on.

Re the magnetraction. I like it. I never tuned my edges, just skiied them. It can get weird when on cat tracks and skiing them flat, in funky Baker snow, as sometimes one ski would have a mind of its own and shoot off in another direction as the magnetraction grabbed, but you get used to it. And the benefits of grip outweigh this....”turns ice into powder” as Lib says.

I put metal Pivots on these so they will last.

K
    Last edited by kc_7777; 10-25-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Sorry to contribute to the thread drift here, but my 2 cents on Libs are as follows.

Libs are pretty nice skis for the most part, though there is a huge difference between the old POWs and wreck115s that then morphed into wreck110s and then were discontinued this year. The shape is pretty similar across all years, but the old POWs weigh something like 200gr+ more pr ski than the newer versions, were slightly narrower in the shovels/tails, and the magne traction is a lot less pronounced nowadays compared to the old NAS skis. I have not tried the 110s, but both POWs and wreck115s absolutely slay groomers for how wide they are. I have never experienced any adverse effects of the magne on the POWs while my freeride horsepowers (wreck100s) edges never have been perfect, feeling odd. I prefer the POWs mounted back a cm or two. The last time I used mine they were remounted on the line, where I found the tails to have too much lift making them less fun to ride in pow compared to the wren108s I used them back to back with. I never tried the newer versions of the freerides aka wreck 100s, in spite of owning two pairs of them.

I also quite like wünderstick 106s. They are easy to ski skis that do well across a lot different conditions. They do have a lot of sidecut - like all Libs - so the shovels are really wide. The front part of the ski is pretty accessible and with decent underfoot support they ski quite nice. I also found a pair of wünder118s at 60% off the other day, so bought them in order to try them and keep them as loaner skis. The 106s def should come in a longer length than 182 though.

I have only ridden the old versions UFOs, in the 100mm and 115mm widths. I much preferred the narrower ski. It worked really well across a lot of conditions, and was both a solid carver and pretty loose and playful. The old UFO115s were way too soft though, making them down right scary to use on groomers at speed - which sucks since any one run at the local hill I used them on includes 50% groomer time. Still, in soft snow they were pretty decent. The newer UFOs are supposedly a bit stiffer, which should make them more versatile.

As for build quality - like all Libs I have the impression that the build qulity is not improving over at Lib and while their sales numbers might go up their build quality is slipping imho. The last two-three boards I have gotten from them have all been less than perfect. I nearly sent one of them - a Lib Goldmember split - back as the build quality was so poor. The Karakorum clips were mounted wrong - aka recessed far too much into the base of the board making the screws work their way into the board - as well as some other little issues that is not acceptable at that price tag. My wünder106s skis are not the same length, and an Ejack I had was cut/trimmed crookedly in the shovels. Hand built is nice, but symmetry is kind of a minimum requirement as the crookedness was def not there by design. I dunno, having grown used to ON3Ps build quality Libs have disappointed me lately. It will be interesting to see how the wünder118s are.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I'm glad you ended up w/ 192 Big Bros. Mine need a slight detune, but those skis rip dude.
    Hey, what's your assessment on detuning these? My guess would be that the tails are gonna work me over pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Sorry to contribute to the thread drift here, but my 2 cents on Libs are as follows.

Libs are pretty nice skis for the most part, though there is a huge difference between the old POWs and wreck115s that then morphed into wreck110s and then were discontinued this year. The shape is pretty similar across all years, but the old POWs weigh something like 200gr+ more pr ski than the newer versions, were slightly narrower in the shovels/tails, and the magne traction is a lot less pronounced nowadays compared to the old NAS skis. I have not tried the 110s, but both POWs and wreck115s absolutely slay groomers for how wide they are. I have never experienced any adverse effects of the magne on the POWs while my freeride horsepowers (wreck100s) edges never have been perfect, feeling odd. I prefer the POWs mounted back a cm or two. The last time I used mine they were remounted on the line, where I found the tails to have too much lift making them less fun to ride in pow compared to the wren108s I used them back to back with. I never tried the newer versions of the freerides aka wreck 100s, in spite of owning two pairs of them.

I also quite like wünderstick 106s. They are easy to ski skis that do well across a lot different conditions. They do have a lot of sidecut - like all Libs - so the shovels are really wide. The front part of the ski is pretty accessible and with decent underfoot support they ski quite nice. I also found a pair of wünder118s at 60% off the other day, so bought them in order to try them and keep them as loaner skis. The 106s def should come in a longer length than 182 though.

I have only ridden the old versions UFOs, in the 100mm and 115mm widths. I much preferred the narrower ski. It worked really well across a lot of conditions, and was both a solid carver and pretty loose and playful. The old UFO115s were way too soft though, making them down right scary to use on groomers at speed - which sucks since any one run at the local hill I used them on includes 50% groomer time. Still, in soft snow they were pretty decent. The newer UFOs are supposedly a bit stiffer, which should make them more versatile.

As for build quality - like all Libs I have the impression that the build qulity is not improving over at Lib and while their sales numbers might go up their build quality is slipping imho. The last two-three boards I have gotten from them have all been less than perfect. I nearly sent one of them - a Lib Goldmember split - back as the build quality was so poor. The Karakorum clips were mounted wrong - aka recessed far too much into the base of the board making the screws work their way into the board - as well as some other little issues that is not acceptable at that price tag. My wünder106s skis are not the same length, and an Ejack I had was cut/trimmed crookedly in the shovels. Hand built is nice, but symmetry is kind of a minimum requirement as the crookedness was def not there by design. I dunno, having grown used to ON3Ps build quality Libs have disappointed me lately. It will be interesting to see how the wünder118s are.
    Seems like they're working the profit model lately. I was looking at the 2020 fleet this summer and there's not a ski I could find in their lineup that's over 186cm.

It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these, mostly because not much changed, and I wasn’t skiing a lot.
    But this year my wife told me I have to go skiing more. Uh, yeah, best wife EVER.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0476.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	300353
    L to R:
    186 Dynastar Big Trouble Limited - The best top ever
    191 Scott P4 - I was going to get a pair back when they first came out(2002?), but decided to get something else, and that sent me down a rabbit hole of bad ski purchases. So I’m having a do-over

190 Elan Boomerang - My favourite pow ski. Probably the most underrated ski ever.

186 Blizzard Bodacious - They look rad and badass with red 916s.

193 Blizzard Scout - This setup is noticeably lighter than the shorter Bodacious. But still not very light.

189 4FRNT Turbo - Not the best ski at any one thing, but they will do the job under any conditions.

Up top:

192 777 - My first “fat” ski. I love them.

189 AK Enemy - A buddy was getting rid of them(baby on the way), so I told him I would find them a good home.

190 Boomerang - Spare

Name:	IMG_0477.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	300362

And then the semi-retired legends above the work bench:

Shanetoon
    Spatula
    Huckster

Sent from inside the house
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these, mostly because not much changed, and I wasn’t skiing a lot.
    But this year my wife told me I have to go skiing more. Uh, yeah, best wife EVER.

Name:	IMG_0476.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	300353
    L to R:
    186 Dynastar Big Trouble Limited - The best top ever
    191 Scott P4 - I was going to get a pair back when they first came out(2002?), but decided to get something else, and that sent me down a rabbit hole of bad ski purchases. So I’m having a do-over

190 Elan Boomerang - My favourite pow ski. Probably the most underrated ski ever.

186 Blizzard Bodacious - They look rad and badass with red 916s.

193 Blizzard Scout - This setup is noticeably lighter than the shorter Bodacious. But still not very light.

189 4FRNT Turbo - Not the best ski at any one thing, but they will do the job under any conditions.

Up top:

192 777 - My first “fat” ski. I love them.

189 AK Enemy - A buddy was getting rid of them(baby on the way), so I told him I would find them a good home.

190 Boomerang - Spare

Name:	IMG_0477.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	300362

And then the semi-retired legends above the work bench:

Shanetoon
    Spatula
    Huckster

Love it. Totally agree with your ski assessments. It's a sweet quiver.

My partner told me the same: "Go ski more." and "We need to go ski more." It's a nice problem to have.

Very jealous of the Dynastar Big Trouble LTDs. I wanted a pair of those so bad; raced on the originals (or a version of them) BITD. Sick skis, sick topsheet.

Always wanted a pair of the Elan Boomerangs too. Supposed to be basically a twin EHP. Very, very underrated.

The Turbos are so damp. It's like a twin tip Super G ski. Pretty much perfect for a bit of everything when you don't know what you're in for.

Maybe I should do this again. Haven't posted an update in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Love it. Totally agree with your ski assessments. It's a sweet quiver.

My partner told me the same: "Go ski more." and "We need to go ski more." It's a nice problem to have.

Very jealous of the Dynastar Big Trouble LTDs. I wanted a pair of those so bad; raced on the originals (or a version of them) BITD. Sick skis, sick topsheet.

Always wanted a pair of the Elan Boomerangs too. Supposed to be basically a twin EHP. Very, very underrated.

The Turbos are so damp. It's like a twin tip Super G ski. Pretty much perfect for a bit of everything when you don't know what you're in for.

Maybe I should do this again. Haven't posted an update in years.
    Fat yeti has a pair of Boomerangs for sale in Utah.
    I found a pair of basically new D-star chicken hearts for sale up here, I’m just waiting for the price to drop low enough to snag them.

It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot