Page 180 of 235 FirstFirst ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 5859
    interested in the sell off

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1096.JPG 
Views:	521 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	283406

The wife and my all mountain and pow sticks. Race skis, carving skis, kids skis not shown. It’s gotten out of hand. Putting storage wax on 20 pair today. Thanks dog for the sop roller.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

The wife and I are moving from Colorado to Switzerland this summer, so I had to pare down the quiver to:

190 Down Showdown 115M with Salomon Shift
    190 DPS Lotus 120 Pure with Fritschi Vipec
    184 Faction Prime 2.0 with ATK SLR (BSL adjustable)
    180 Down Countdown 102L with ATK Trofeo 10
    165 Blizzard Sheeva 10 with Tyrolia Demo AT and ATK Trofeo toes + custom risers for the uphill (Tyrolia toes and heels slide off without tools, pretty cool)

I might leave the Countdown 102Ls behind - still debating.

I still need to make custom high risers for the skis with ATK bindings since rando race risers aren’t high enough for me. I’m going to custom make the metal bars out of a titanium rod instead of using heavier off-the-shelf ones from Black Diamond like I did for the Sheevas.

Tecnica Cochise Pro 130 with Powerwraps
    Atomic Hawx XTD 130 with Powerwraps and Salomon powerstraps
    Atomic Backland with ProTours and Dynafit powerstraps
    Tecnica ZeroG Womens

I might leave the Cochises behind - still debating.

We’ll be moving back to Colorado after a few years, so we’re leaving behind:
    202 DPS Lotus 138s
    190 Volkl Katana (wish I could bring)
    186 PM Gear Kusalas Extra Stiff (Hybrid and Carbon)
    183 PM Gear Bro Carbon (reverse camber)
    183 Head Monster 102
    180 Down Countdown 102
    Last edited by Lindahl; 05-23-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Love the Tyrolia setup!

As someone living in Switzerland, I'd urge you to bring the katana's. Such a versatile ski. And if you're moving shit anyway, why not throw another one in. Or a dedicated groomer zoomer. You can usually ski artificial snow higher up the mountain from oktober onwards. Those early season days I love a dedicated carver to get my technique dialed again for the season. Although on second thought you could also pick up a slalom ski cheap over here.

Living in Zürich you will be traveling to resorts (on weekends i assume), so bringing one versatile ski (with something like a shift or tecton) is practical. The public transport here is exceptional so having a versatile daily driver is beneficial so you can travel by train.
    Anyway, I live in Davos, (although I dont know if I will still be here next winter,) but hit me up if you need any info!

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Love the Tyrolia setup!

As someone living in Switzerland, I'd urge you to bring the katana's. Such a versatile ski. And if you're moving shit anyway, why not throw another one in. Or a dedicated groomer zoomer. You can usually ski artificial snow higher up the mountain from oktober onwards. Those early season days I love a dedicated carver to get my technique dialed again for the season. Although on second thought you could also pick up a slalom ski cheap over here.

Living in Zürich you will be traveling to resorts (on weekends i assume), so bringing one versatile ski (with something like a shift or tecton) is practical. The public transport here is exceptional so having a versatile daily driver is beneficial so you can travel by train.
    Anyway, I live in Davos, (although I dont know if I will still be here next winter,) but hit me up if you need any info!
    Thanks!

I’m hoping the Showdown 115s will be just as versatile (they seem to be so far). I can only really bring one pair of heavy skis since we’re fitting everything in our airline-checked bags (got rid of just about everything lol).

I won’t be skiing as much as I did here in Colorado since the purpose of the move is to mostly travel a ton. So it’ll mostly be midweek day trips here and there when there’s good snow. I don’t imagine I’ll be going skiing much when its variable. Nor do I imagine I’ll be skiing much on weekends (travelling often to destinations all over Europe instead) - maybe one or two weekend days a month. If that changes, like you said, I can always pick up one of a zillion skinnier skis when I’m there. Its the fatter skis that are harder to find out there!

That Tyrolia setup is peak tech talk, nicely done
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 05-23-2019 at 03:44 PM.

man, there has been a few killer quivers as of late! What are those green ones detrusor?

And agreed - that ATK/Tyrolia combo is killer! Color me impressed

Summer quivers..

Too hot outside??

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Name:	1CC38027-88F2-46F3-AA93-F0EC08112538.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	563.0 KB 
ID:	284297
    Over due end of season quiver before the break up and sell off down to four pairs.

178 ZeroG 95 - not broke, don’t fix. I’ll replace these with another pair when they have been skied into the ground, but with different bindings
    188 ZeroG 105 (could have gotten away with 180 here). Really like this set up for how great it skis given how insanely light it is. Alpinists help out.
    184 WildCat tour - Stoked on this ski. When I replace it I’ll go Tectons or Kingpins instead of shifts, it’s begging for a better touring binding.
    186 Mindbender 108 - great modern directional do it all ski. K2 is making good skis again. I could ski this every day.
    186 Kartel 108 - still one of the more fun wide skis out there. Needs pivots
    188 Rustler 11 - new pair will likely get Shifts as a travel ski.
    189 Billy Goat - it’s a Billy Goat. Not for sale.

so which four?

And couldn't you just do some remounting within the quiver? There shouldn't be any remounts that are no can do no? Sell the sollys, get some tectons - voila surely?

and yes - killer quiver

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado

Name:	76F9B1C2-BFE3-48EB-B84D-294D4ED54531.jpg 
Views:	501 
Size:	725.5 KB 
ID:	286771

Cleaning out the gear closet so I snapped a pic. This thread needs some action anyway. L to R:

190 Legend Pro: rock/low tide/going someplace and have no idea what to expect ski.
    194 MX 98: Daily driver. Does anything up to 6” new; slays crud and slush, carves like a mother, great in bumps as long as you keep your speed in check. Took a long time to find these at a price I could afford, love this ski.
    188 Scot Schmidt Pro: DD#2. Primarily hardpack ski, stupid smooth.
    192 Cochise: 4-10” and post-storm ski. I really think highly of these, even though it’s sort of a one dimensional ski. Fortunately, I’m sort of a one-dimensional skier.
    189 100Eight: wanted something a bit looser than the rest of my quiver for trees and tight areas, but I can’t love the full rocker. For sale with skins if anyone’s interested.
    192 Movement Super Turbo: I really wish I had more opportunity to ski these. Very well-balanced, powerful without being overbearing. They just kick a whole lotta ass.
    188 SS Pro: backups. One more season on the current pair.
    180 Stormrider VXL: dumpster find. Ground the piss out of them to put an edge back on them and now they’re perfect for skiing with the kid.
    190 Kneissl Tanker: backups. Will replace the LPs.
    192 Stormrider 95: backups. Will replace the MX98, though I hope it never has to happen.
    196 Hart Wizards: won them in a contest, can’t justify having two 115mm skis for where I ski. Pretty damn fun though, light and easy to ski, big sweet spot.
    192 Elan 777: loaners.
    Couple Salomon SG skis.
    The rest of the race skis are all in the house, basically retired now. Still have a 175 Volkl 6-Star that still sees some use; perfect WROD ski for the crowds.

Your legs must be strong as f

Sweet quiver!

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

Name:	IMG_1096.JPG 
Views:	521 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	283406

The wife and my all mountain and pow sticks. Race skis, carving skis, kids skis not shown. It’s gotten out of hand. Putting storage wax on 20 pair today. Thanks dog for the sop roller.

This is my kind of quiver

Quote Originally Posted by kcsimms View Post
    This is my kind of quiver
    Those Praxis with the Max top sheet!

19/20 quiver is done for now.

Name:	9ABB2D7D-C085-4681-809C-463341BEAB00.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	797.7 KB 
ID:	292877
    Harvest the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post

Name:	1CC38027-88F2-46F3-AA93-F0EC08112538.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	563.0 KB 
ID:	284297
    Over due end of season quiver before the break up and sell off down to four pairs.

178 ZeroG 95 - not broke, don’t fix. I’ll replace these with another pair when they have been skied into the ground, but with different bindings
    188 ZeroG 105 (could have gotten away with 180 here). Really like this set up for how great it skis given how insanely light it is. Alpinists help out.
    184 WildCat tour - Stoked on this ski. When I replace it I’ll go Tectons or Kingpins instead of shifts, it’s begging for a better touring binding.
    186 Mindbender 108 - great modern directional do it all ski. K2 is making good skis again. I could ski this every day.
    186 Kartel 108 - still one of the more fun wide skis out there. Needs pivots
    188 Rustler 11 - new pair will likely get Shifts as a travel ski.
    189 Billy Goat - it’s a Billy Goat. Not for sale.
    Thinking we may have similar taste in skis as I have Zero G 108's and 85's plus I just bought some Rustler 11's after thoroughly enjoying a demo.

Have you also skied the Zero G 108's? If so, how would you compare to 105's? I'm on the lookout for some backup 108's if I see some cheap. Wondering if 105's would be a good replacement/improvement down the line or if I should hoard the original since they're just about the best do-it-all touring ski I've used.

[QUOTE=ZomblibulaX;5700024]Click image for larger version. 

And This is My kinda quiver, dang.

[QUOTE=Djongo Unchained;5747126]
    Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post

And This is My kinda quiver, dang.
    If you want to put those MX 98s in a good home, I live behind smiths.

That does look nice.

Last edited by skibrd; 09-05-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post

If you want to put those MX 98s in a good home, I love behind smiths.

That does look nice.

There's a tee ball for you. Who's gonna knock that outta the park?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    There's a tee ball for you. Who's gonna knock that outta the park?
    Live

I deserve that

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Thinking we may have similar taste in skis as I have Zero G 108's and 85's plus I just bought some Rustler 11's after thoroughly enjoying a demo.

Have you also skied the Zero G 108's? If so, how would you compare to 105's? I'm on the lookout for some backup 108's if I see some cheap. Wondering if 105's would be a good replacement/improvement down the line or if I should hoard the original since they're just about the best do-it-all touring ski I've used.
    105 is significantly lighter, floats better, and has a smoother turn initiation and finish in tight terrain, especially with lighter wimpier boots. It gives up some of the power of the 108 through the tip. It’s distinctly more of a soft snow touring ski where I thought the 108 could be a touring focused do it all ski for more variable conditions. I much prefer braking trail with the 105, but would rather have the 108 when conditions get cruddy.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post

If you want to put those MX 98s in a good home, I live behind smiths.
    Oh, they’re just fine right here. I nearly bought your OG pair but can’t justify any more skis right now. I literally never thought I would say that, but there it is.

^^^ Heresy!!!

Even though I think I'm the same boat.

In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    ^^^ Heresy!!!

Even though I think I'm the same boat.

Solution, sell one pair, buy two new pairs!

No remorse..

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Oh, they’re just fine right here. I nearly bought your OG pair but can’t justify any more skis right now. I literally never thought I would say that, but there it is.
    I would of traded you straight up. They are unicorns that probably will never appear on the rack at a ski store again. Sad for the few of us who can enjoy them. Maybe some day someone will make something similar, or Kaestle will pull their heads out of where ever it is and press another batch. Only we can hope and pray. I’d grab two pairs if they did that.