Page 166 of 236 FirstFirst ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 5880

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

The aura, man

I’ve seen it!

curious what those Stockli Stormrider TT 110s ski like?

Those Rossi Phantom 108s look burly
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 07-26-2018 at 10:27 PM.

https://youtu.be/usfiAsWR4qU

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Holy shit. Dude, that's like 70 pairs mounted.

Oh man. You got two pair of the K2 Obsetheds and gunsmokes!? I’ve been looking for a pair of each of those, now I know where they’ve been hiding!

Those darksides are massive. Those Surface New Life are sick, I had those, they are fast.

You got the ill pettitors and motherships.

How do the pontoons ski compared to your other powder specific skis? What’s your favorite powder ski?

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 07-26-2018 at 11:09 PM.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    curious what those Stockli Stormrider TT 110s ski like?
    Likewise.

I recognize some of those binders; I feel like I can give myself a teeny-tiny pat on the back for contributing in some small way to the Hoard of Hoards. Good on ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Holy shit. Dude, that's like 70 pairs mounted.
    I've seen a lot of skis.

But I've never had such binding envy.

absolutely wonderful

world-class display

really like the Riviera
    ​I am not in your hurry

Damn!! That’d be awesome. No rax though

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Oh man. You got two pair of the K2 Obsetheds and gunsmokes!? I’ve been looking for a pair of each of those, now I know where they’ve been hiding!

Those darksides are massive. Those Surface New Life are sick, I had those, they are fast.

You got the ill pettitors and motherships.

How do the pontoons ski compared to your other powder specific skis? What’s your favorite powder ski?

Get the newer Gunsmokes. The year he has Blizzard realized after they pressed them that they sucked and stiffened them up a bunch.

...curious what those Stockli Stormrider TT 110s ski like?
    Me too. I haven't tried them yet. Low expectations, because this ski looks like Stockli simplistically took a metal charger design and just turned up the tail (which would be similar to how Blizzard started out simplistically with The Answer etc. before they refined their designs). I bought this pair minty at Whistler thrift store for US$3, was drilled only 1x for my fave bindings. Sharpied on the topsheet is "D Duncan", and coincidentally there's a Stockli-sponsored ski cross Olympian in Whistler named David Duncan who apparently gets drunk and joyrides stolen Hummers at places like the Olympic Games in Pyeongchang.

Those Rossi Phantom 108s look burly
    Of all skis in The Arsenal, the SC108 195cm is the model I suck the most on. Even though I am 205-215 lbs, I have not yet mastered the art of flexing these stiff/highCamber/veryLongEffectiveEdge skis properly into the nice arcing turns they are designed for. Sure, I can skid them around the mountain, but I want to finally put a decent tune on the edges and then see if I can hopefully ski them right for once---but evidence of my low faith is that I mounted beater bindings just because I didn't want to waste my best bindings on a ski that I might NEVER figure out how to enjoy properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    ...I recognize some of those binders; I feel like I can give myself a teeny-tiny pat on the back for contributing in some small way to the Hoard of Hoards. Good on ya.
    Definitely big credit goes to ZomblibulaX and countless other maggots for hooking me up over the years. This gear will be available to maggots in my Traveling Ski Lending Library...well, still need to figure out a policy to prevent destruction of the hard-to-replace skis like Spatula, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    ...really like the Riviera
    I'm clueless about cars, but my friend (the owner, storing his car in my garage) says it's a 1967 Chevrolet Impala---I think maybe he's only 1 exterior paint job away from finishing his restoration project.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Damn!! That’d be awesome. No rax though
    I will DEFINITELY buy Rax if it shows up at the thrift store for $5...but I won't waste my best bindings on it. And I think the HeartCarver guy was based in Whistler at one point, but I never saw any HeartCarvers at the Whistler thrift store (~155cm, super-tight radius, deep reverse camber).

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Next time the wife bitches about my small quiver, I’m directing her to Vitamin I’s Post.
    Well done man. Some great fucking skis in that collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    I'm clueless about cars, but my friend (the owner, storing his car in my garage) says it's a 1967 Chevrolet Impala---I think maybe he's only 1 exterior paint job away from finishing his restoration project.
    I had a 50-50 shot of getting it right. Wanted it to be the Riviera but knew chevy was a possibility. Angular grill and twin headlights caught me out.

More importantly, that quiver. Surely the envy of everyone who knows it exists.

My thoughts go to all the days it takes to get to know so many skis. Some people collect stamps... Kudos
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Next time the wife bitches about my small quiver, I’m directing her to Vitamin I’s Post.
    Vitamin I has truly done us all a service.

Stoked to finally get to see the whole thing, amazing!

Vitamin I was kind enough to let me get on a few of the pairs with jester demos this spring in Whistler. A great guy and a great skier, he’s fast!

He’s not kidding about those priors being great skis. Those overlords are damp, fast and strong. They feel like a mix of a billygoat and bibby.

Those 192 bros looks great by the way, how do they ski?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Well done man. Some great fucking skis in that collection.
    Showed the pics to my wife today hoping to convince her that my quiver of 15 is actually quite modest. She just rolled her eyes and told me that I’m still nuts.

Ridiculous quiver, Vitamin I!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

…You got two pair of the K2 Obsetheds and gunsmokes!?
    I couldn't resist free ObSETHeds & US$16 Gunsmokes as 2nd pairs. I mounted Jester Demos, for sharing. Turns out the ObSETHED’s personality changes A LOT as you vary mount position, but all the personalities work. Funny, on a chair lift together, mr_pretzel figured out he owned this pair of Gunsmokes at one point.

…Those Surface New Life are sick, I had those, they are fast.
    To simplify my review of New Life, I usually just say, “It’s a hell of a lot like a O.G. Hellbent, but stiff performance.” Fun ski.

...You got the ill pettitors...
    I kinda regret that I drilled these at -1.8cm from TC. Shoulda known better! If I had chosen -2.7cm, that would probably be just enough that I wouldn't be kicking myself at all.

To be brief, Pon2oon performs pretty much just as great as my other favorite uberfats, in that it has a great balance between straight stability and loose agile pivotiness. But the longest length (“189”) measures only 188.6cm, so for Whistler’s wide open bowls & faces, I prefer many of my longer uberfat skis (which are up to 195.1cm actual length). At a smaller resort with tighter spaces, I would reach for Pon2oons more often. My favorite pow ski lately is the 195 Kuro metal version. I think I might prefer, even more, a heavier version of my lightweight 196cm Protest…if I can find someone to trade me someday.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    …Those 192 bros looks great by the way, how do they ski?
    I skied them only 1 day so far, because the excessive surface scratching really needs a proper base grind. So far, they ski just like they look on paper: Zero-camber, subtle rockered non-tapered tip&tail, a 114mm-waist 2499g charger, TrueLength=190.6cm, recommended mount position of -9.8cm from TC. Performs UNLIKE cambered chargers, and NOT like a Cochise—more like an El Dictator (but that’s 1.6cm longer, & longer radius), or like a metal Katana from the zero-camber years (but that’s lighter, narrower, metal, a more aftward mount,...plus the Bro192 TrueLength is halfway between the 197 & 190 Katanas).

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I liked my Obsetheds at -7cm. I was about 180lbs back then though, so I’m sure they would feel totally different now.

I mount all my shreditors at -2.5cm from center, I like them there.

I am going to try to find a cheap Pon2oon at a ski swap or on craigslist this fall.

Freaking impressive collection.

Attachment 244707

This was at the end of last season in May. It was too much, made a bunch of sales since then, but also added some . Selling a few more too though. I want to end up with half this amount.

I’ll post my updated 2019 quiver in November when it’s all sorted.

U still have the Katanas?..,..I’d totally take those off your hands.

Thats my wife your talking about..

Seriously, those skis are never getting sold. Unless Volkl brings it back for short run.

Damn. I’ve been looking all over for that ski for a few years now.

They are turning into classics. I have seen a few minty pairs selling for $500 used, flat last year. For a 5 or 6 year old ski!

Which are the other ones u are considering selling?...

I see some Billy Goats that could do some damage to my CC.