Page 161 of 236 FirstFirst ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 5880

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post

Dynafit Huascaran 177 / Vipec black
    Salomon MTN Explore 184 / Tecton - to be mounted soon
    4FRNT Gaucho 186 / Cast system - STH2 13
    ON3P Wren 108 184 / Warden 13
    ON3P Jeffrey 186 / STH2 13
    I love how much longer the 184 Wrens are compared to the 186 Gaucho.

I really appreciate how accurate ON3P’s lengths are.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Dynafit Huascaran 177 / Vipec black
    Salomon MTN Explore 184 / Tecton - to be mounted soon
    4FRNT Gaucho 186 / Cast system - STH2 13
    (Up for sale soon)
    ON3P Jeffrey 186 / STH2 13
    Those Wrens look very happy in their new home
    You should have been here yesterday!

(Up for sale soon)
    PM sent... have a buddy looking for these

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Those Wrens look very happy in their new home
    They fit in nicely. I'm so stoked to get on them I might tempt fate and go to Keystone for some night skiing tomorrow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uKDfmj3.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	823.5 KB 
ID:	221260

160 Voile V-Tail
    155 Prior BC Split
    145 Rossignol XV Sushi split
    152 Jones Hovercraft
    154 Jones Mountain Twin

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Fugitive:

Surprised about your Voile Drifter comments.

Love mine and really dont think they're that hard work on less than deep.

One of my favourite skis ever.

Not blems though - wasn't that a camber issue? Maybe that's it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Yeah I dunno. They were my only touring ski for years. Maybe Im being a little harsh on them. The rocker and camber seem to match others Ive seen. I just rode less than idle conditions on the husacaran and was glad to have them over the drifters.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

my current quiver. It is about to undergo some major changes.

I bought a lot of skis during the summer months in order to try different designs, and to see what i liked. I have usually ski with tech boots so doing demos for the skis that i wanted to try was more often than not a no go due to me not having alpine boots. So i scoured the net for good offers, and bought the skis i was most keen to try. I have now skied most of em, and learnt a lot, so mission accomplished -> i know more of what i like and will sell quite a few of them going forward. Over that period I also have gained a lot of belief in ON3P's design philosophy, so will try more of their skis for sure - aka the major changes. I still like Libs, but i would like to seem then less wide in the front and in the rear - something that would make for longer sidecuts - and for them to introduce more lengths.

(left to right)

- Völkl BMT 94 in 176 w/Vipec Blacks - to be sold as i do not like fully rockered skis that much
    - Extrem Opinion carbon2 98 in 179 w/ Tectons - amazingly fun ski that handles way harder charging than their 1450gr weight suggests, but i find them to be a bit too soft in the shovel for charging in coastal pow - will stay on as spring and touring skis
    - LibTech Ufo 100 in 185 w/Look Pivot 14wtr - pretty fun skis, soft in the shovels but still manages speed well, will probably sell to try something new and more directional
    - Lib Tech Wundersticks in 182 w/look pivot 14wtr- amazingly fun, though i wish the sidecut was a bit longer and that the skis were stiffer (the latter will occur for 18/19 models). Rode em with Vipec Blacks last year, but stupidly decided to swap the bindings to pivot 14s when going down the carbon ski route for touring. Will keep
    - Extrem Opinion Carbon2 108 in 186 w/Tectons - really fun to charge the groomers on and straightline soft/bumpy snow with, but the mount is a bit too centered and the tails too long/stiff for me to get them to perform as i want to in softer snow - will sell
    - ON3P Wrenegade 108 in 184 - only tried them once, but so far I really like em - stiff, damp and charges well, if a bit on the heavy side. Will potentially remount them with p14s and get some 179s to use with the tectons - time will tell, but so far so good
    - Lib Tech POWs in 181 w/ look pivot 14wtr - amazingly fun charger that works across a lot of conditions. My favorite skis in my quiver for now. Will keep. Kinda regret remounting alpine bindings on them instead of the Vipec Blacks that used to on them, but oh well
    -Lib Tech Ufo115 w/pivot look 14 wtr - really like the shape of these, but found them to be too soft for the conditions i usually ride. I think the 2019 versions with a longer sidecut and beefier flex makes more sense. Will sell.
    -Völkl BMT 122 in 176 w/ Vipec Blacks - amazingly fun in powder, shait everywhere else imo. I ride primarily mixed snow, so too much of a one trick pony to keep in the quiver - will sell
    - (not depicted) SGN Togga Light in 186 cm w/Vipec Blacks - have yet to try them, but as they also are fully rockered these might share the same fate as the BMT122. I bought them to try SGNs signature ski and gain some experience on rockered designs, but have learned through the BMTs that rockered designs might not be for me so - will sell
    - (not depicted) 2017 ON3P Billy Goats in 184 in custom stiffer lay up - will mount with p14s. Proof of concept ski before potentially buying some asym 179s. Will hopefully receive them today, try em this weekend in the forecasted killer conditions. will keep unless they prove too burly

Name:	IMG_20180123_1337336.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	221994

spare skis:
    - Lib Tech Freeride Horsepower in 179 - kinda fun, but we have never gotten 100% along - though they are fun to bomb easter slush conditions with. Will prob keep on as rock ski due to second hand value being very limited
    - Lib Tech FFF in 175 - very fun, but a bit on the short side for my preferences. Will prob keep as rock ski due to second hand value being very limited or borrow them to family members if they wanna ride em
    - Lib Tech Pows 171 - bought them to try the Pows in a shorter length. Fun, but quickly discovered that short(er) skis were not for me. Undecided - will sell
    - Lib Tech Megapows in 191 w Look Pivot 14s - okay, admittedly got a bit carried away when contemplating going to Japow. Have since rethought superwide skis and do not think that these are for me - too long and way too burly. Will sell.

Name:	IMG_20180123_1342238.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	221995

already sold:
    - LibTech Wreckcreate100s in 179 w/Vipec Black - had these , but decided to go down the carbon route so stupidly sold them (second time i sell a pair of freeride/wreck100s before even trying them)
    - LibTech Wreckcreate115s in 181 w/Tectons - bought them as the 115 were going out of production, but preferred the heavier lay up of the indestructable Pows, so sold them without the bindings - even though they were a lot of fun. The new owner is overjoyed with them.
    - Black Crows Navis Freebird in 179 w/Vipec Blacks - sold them after i got them due to me deciding to go down the carbon route for my touring skis a week after i got them.

i use these skis with Atomic Hawx 130xtd boots with intution protour liners and Fischer RC4 130 vacuum boots - quite like both.

And yes, after snowboarding for 15+ years and really liking Mervin/Lib Tech i decided to get on their Narrow Ass Snowboards (i for one found it funny), and what turned out be skis that i really liked. That is why i have so many Lib skis

future changes -> reduce the number of skis to something like 4x pairs of skis with tectons and most likely 3x or 4x pairs with p14s - so still a pretty substantial quiver I prefer skis that do well over several types of conditions, so one trick ponys will prob be eliminated. (update: decisions have been made and new skis are inbound)
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 01-23-2018 at 08:06 PM.

That is a very large number of Tectons/Vipecs. If you're looking to unload some, let me know.

Latest additions...Pro Rider 105s and the Dynastar Speed Course World Cup FIS.. The original race room LPs may be retired soon now that I found, after years of looking, the closest substitute...the Rossi S97 from a few years back.

Name:	IMG_5546.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	223691

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado_Freeskier View Post
    Latest additions...Pro Rider 105s and the Dynastar Speed Course World Cup FIS.. The original race room LPs may be retired soon now that I found, after years of looking, the closest substitute...the Rossi S97 from a few years back.
    Very nice quiver. 3 LPR105, I'm a bit jealous.

Just the touring gear. His and hers

Excessive hedonostic consumption of gear. His and hers. - Prior Overlords Marker Kingpin
    - Prior Overlords Dynafit Beast
    - DPS Wailer 112 Dynafit Radical
    - Blizzard ZeroG 108 Fritschi Tecton
    - Atomic Backland 107 Atomic Shift
    -Blizzard ZeroG95 Dynafit Comfort - Salomon Mtn Explore 88 Salomon MTN

Missing:
    - FOLSOM Cash 107 Fritschi Evo
    - ATOMIC Automatic 102 Dynafit Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Just the touring gear. His and hers

Excessive hedonostic consumption of gear. His and hers. - Prior Overlords Marker Kingpin
    - Prior Overlords Dynafit Beast
    - DPS Wailer 112 Dynafit Radical
    - Blizzard ZeroG 108 Fritschi Tecton
    - Atomic Backland 107 Atomic Shift
    -Blizzard ZeroG95 Dynafit Comfort - Salomon Mtn Explore 88 Salomon MTN

Missing:
    - FOLSOM Cash 107 Fritschi Evo
    - ATOMIC Automatic 102 Dynafit Comfort
    OoOoo atomic shift bindings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    OoOoo atomic shift bindings.

Added some missing gear

^Nice foot

And damn nice gear holy F... do you have two gear rooms? Take a total pic for us. Jealous.

Oldest to newest:

Volant Spatula 186cm + Look P12
    4FRNT EHP 186cm + Look P12Ti
    Dynastar Course66 184cm + Look P12
    Rossi Pro RC 112 188cm + Look P14
    Volkl Mantra 184cm + Look P12Ti
    DPS Lotus 138 Pure3 Spoon 192cm + Tecton
    DPS Wailer A112 184cm + Tecton

Missing... some kind of ultralight touring rig
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Oldest to newest:

Volant Spatula 186cm + Look P12
    4FRNT EHP 186cm + Look P12Ti
    Dynastar Course66 184cm + Look P12
    Rossi Pro RC 112 188cm + Look P14
    Volkl Mantra 184cm + Look P12Ti
    DPS Lotus 138 Pure3 Spoon 192cm + Tecton
    DPS Wailer A112 184cm + Tecton

Missing... some kind of ultralight touring rig
    and a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    my current quiver. It is about to undergo some major changes.

I bought a lot of skis during the summer months in order to try different designs, and to see what i liked. I have usually ski with tech boots so doing demos for the skis that i wanted to try was more often than not a no go due to me not having alpine boots. So i scoured the net for good offers, and bought the skis i was most keen to try. I have now skied most of em, and learnt a lot, so mission accomplished -> i know more of what i like and will sell quite a few of them going forward. Over that period I also have gained a lot of belief in ON3P's design philosophy, so will try more of their skis for sure - aka the major changes. I still like Libs, but i would like to seem then less wide in the front and in the rear - something that would make for longer sidecuts - and for them to introduce more lengths.

(left to right)

- Völkl BMT 94 in 176 w/Vipec Blacks - to be sold as i do not like fully rockered skis that much
    - Extrem Opinion carbon2 98 in 179 w/ Tectons - amazingly fun ski that handles way harder charging than their 1450gr weight suggests, but i find them to be a bit too soft in the shovel for charging in coastal pow - will stay on as spring and touring skis
    - LibTech Ufo 100 in 185 w/Look Pivot 14wtr - pretty fun skis, soft in the shovels but still manages speed well, will probably sell to try something new and more directional
    - Lib Tech Wundersticks in 182 w/look pivot 14wtr- amazingly fun, though i wish the sidecut was a bit longer and that the skis were stiffer (the latter will occur for 18/19 models). Rode em with Vipec Blacks last year, but stupidly decided to swap the bindings to pivot 14s when going down the carbon ski route for touring. Will keep
    - Extrem Opinion Carbon2 108 in 186 w/Tectons - really fun to charge the groomers on and straightline soft/bumpy snow with, but the mount is a bit too centered and the tails too long/stiff for me to get them to perform as i want to in softer snow - will sell
    - ON3P Wrenegade 108 in 184 - only tried them once, but so far I really like em - stiff, damp and charges well, if a bit on the heavy side. Will potentially remount them with p14s and get some 179s to use with the tectons - time will tell, but so far so good
    - Lib Tech POWs in 181 w/ look pivot 14wtr - amazingly fun charger that works across a lot of conditions. My favorite skis in my quiver for now. Will keep. Kinda regret remounting alpine bindings on them instead of the Vipec Blacks that used to on them, but oh well
    -Lib Tech Ufo115 w/pivot look 14 wtr - really like the shape of these, but found them to be too soft for the conditions i usually ride. I think the 2019 versions with a longer sidecut and beefier flex makes more sense. Will sell.
    -Völkl BMT 122 in 176 w/ Vipec Blacks - amazingly fun in powder, shait everywhere else imo. I ride primarily mixed snow, so too much of a one trick pony to keep in the quiver - will sell
    - (not depicted) SGN Togga Light in 186 cm w/Vipec Blacks - have yet to try them, but as they also are fully rockered these might share the same fate as the BMT122. I bought them to try SGNs signature ski and gain some experience on rockered designs, but have learned through the BMTs that rockered designs might not be for me so - will sell
    - (not depicted) 2017 ON3P Billy Goats in 184 in custom stiffer lay up - will mount with p14s. Proof of concept ski before potentially buying some asym 179s. Will hopefully receive them today, try em this weekend in the forecasted killer conditions. will keep unless they prove too burly

Name:	IMG_20180123_1337336.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	221994

spare skis:
    - Lib Tech Freeride Horsepower in 179 - kinda fun, but we have never gotten 100% along - though they are fun to bomb easter slush conditions with. Will prob keep on as rock ski due to second hand value being very limited
    - Lib Tech FFF in 175 - very fun, but a bit on the short side for my preferences. Will prob keep as rock ski due to second hand value being very limited or borrow them to family members if they wanna ride em
    - Lib Tech Pows 171 - bought them to try the Pows in a shorter length. Fun, but quickly discovered that short(er) skis were not for me. Undecided - will sell
    - Lib Tech Megapows in 191 w Look Pivot 14s - okay, admittedly got a bit carried away when contemplating going to Japow. Have since rethought superwide skis and do not think that these are for me - too long and way too burly. Will sell.

Name:	IMG_20180123_1342238.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	221995

already sold:
    - LibTech Wreckcreate100s in 179 w/Vipec Black - had these , but decided to go down the carbon route so stupidly sold them (second time i sell a pair of freeride/wreck100s before even trying them)
    - LibTech Wreckcreate115s in 181 w/Tectons - bought them as the 115 were going out of production, but preferred the heavier lay up of the indestructable Pows, so sold them without the bindings - even though they were a lot of fun. The new owner is overjoyed with them.
    - Black Crows Navis Freebird in 179 w/Vipec Blacks - sold them after i got them due to me deciding to go down the carbon route for my touring skis a week after i got them.

i use these skis with Atomic Hawx 130xtd boots with intution protour liners and Fischer RC4 130 vacuum boots - quite like both.

And yes, after snowboarding for 15+ years and really liking Mervin/Lib Tech i decided to get on their Narrow Ass Snowboards (i for one found it funny), and what turned out be skis that i really liked. That is why i have so many Lib skis

future changes -> reduce the number of skis to something like 4x pairs of skis with tectons and most likely 3x or 4x pairs with p14s - so still a pretty substantial quiver I prefer skis that do well over several types of conditions, so one trick ponys will prob be eliminated. (update: decisions have been made and new skis are inbound)
    good lord. and I was feeling weird about having 3 pairs

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_games View Post
    good lord. and I was feeling weird about having 3 pairs
    Read back a few pages, 3 is nothing. I’m sitting on 4 pairs of Shiros in two different lengths.

^it is the legend

Made some major quiver updates this season...

Name:	IMG_7158.JPG 
Views:	338 
Size:	267.3 KB 
ID:	226440

Those green Black Crows Navis Freebirds will be mounted with Tectons as my do it all touring ski. The unmounted Wren 98’s used to have kingpins and I’m going to put some STH’s on there and make them resort skis. Or maybe some shifts next year as a slackcountry setup.

Black Crows Orbs - 177cm
    Black Crows Navis Freebirds - 185cm
    ON3P Wren 98 - 184cm
    ON3P Wren 108 - 184cm
    Black Crows Anima Freebirds - 188cm
    Black Crows Nocta - 185cm

Noctas are going into a throwdown with next year’s updated version of the the 189 Cease & Desists. Winner sticks around.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

Those green Black Crows Navis Freebirds will be mounted with Tectons as my do it all touring ski. The unmounted Wren 98’s used to have kingpins and I’m going to put some STH’s on there and make them resort skis. Or maybe some shifts next year as a slackcountry setup.

Black Crows Orbs - 177cm
    ON3P Wren 98 - 184cm
    ON3P Wren 108 - 184cm

Noctas are going into a throwdown with next year’s updated version of the the 189 Cease & Desists. Winner sticks around.
    What, no touring bindings on the Noctas? Where inbounds do you plan to find enough untouched powder for them?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

Black Crows Orbs - 177cm
    ON3P Wren 98 - 184cm
    ON3P Wren 108 - 184cm

How do you find the orb? I'm thinking if then as my resort sticks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah but those orange STH look sick on the nocta.

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    What, no touring bindings on the Noctas? Where inbounds do you plan to find enough untouched powder for them?
    Those yellow Anima Freebirds are 115mm underfoot and like 500 grams lighter, so I'm good on the pow touring. Skied the Noctas at Sugar Bowl yesterday from 9am to 3pm and was good to go... they're pretty quick edge to edge (for 122mm underfoot) and handle the chop just fine. You could definitely tour on them though - and it crossed my mind. Probably ideal for a Shift slackcountry setup.

Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    For a few years my narrowest ski was 98mm and going just a bit narrower (Orbs are 91mm) it was definitely noticeable how much better they are on groomers. Still wide enough for off piste skiing though - had one of those days at Mammoth in early December that was mostly a groomer day but we were still finding powder stashes and I was super impressed by them... which is what got me to try other skis from Black Crows after that.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    Yeah but those orange STH look sick on the nocta.
    Definitely not a coincidence. :-)

That's a burly quiver

Tell us more about the SD105s, please! I would love love love to give them a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubulefou View Post
    My quiver for French Alps and Pyrenees :

From right to left :
    176 Kästle RX12 / Tyrolia K12
    177 Movement Bond / Marker Tour F12
    179 Downskis YW8 / Plum Guide
    184 Head Monster 98 / Salomon STH2 13
    186 Dynastar Legend Pro Rider - 2007 / Look PX14
    190 Whitedot Ragnarok Carbonlite - 2015 / G3 Ion 12
    192 Dynastar Aurélien Ducroz - 2012/ Salomon Guardian 16
    193 Whitedot Ragnarok XII - 2013 / Salomon STH2 16
    194 Whitedoctor FT10Pro / Salomon S920