Page 157 of 236 FirstFirst ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 5879
    Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Attachment 214992

Moment Belafonte 186cm (Daily driver firm conditions)
    Moment Underworld 186cm (Daily driver touring)
    Praxis GPO UL 187cm (Powder touring)
    Moment Governor 186cm (West coast daily driver, soft snow specific, testing vs Wrenegades)
    Moment Bibby 190cm x2 (Rock Bibbys and Nice Bibbys)
    ON3P Wrenegade 108 189cm (West coast daily driver, soft snow specific, testing vs Governors)

Lupo Ti ID (Daily boot)
    Lupo Carbon (Crossover/travel boot)
    Lupo AX 120 (Touring Boot)
    sweet set up, but damn those gondola's are cool !

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fiedler View Post
    sweet set up, but damn those gondola's are cool !
    Thanks! Yes, I like my skis to feel comfortable at home down in LA. Inherited them from my grandma who got them in switzerland in the 80s

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

Nice gear room and overlap
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 11-01-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Very nice set up jdadour

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2017-18 lineup. 'Crows just added today, replacing some '08 Big Troubles. Probably most excited to take the Hojis back out though.

That’s my favorote hoji topsheet, but I do have an affinity towards red.

I wish they still made the Hojis in that heavier core. The new ones would make nice pow touring skis for me though..

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    That’s my favorote hoji topsheet, but I do have an affinity towards red.

I wish they still made the Hojis in that heavier core. The new ones would make nice pow touring skis for me though..

Noted for posterity. Seems like you don’t have enough 4frnt.

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Noted for posterity. Seems like you don’t have enough 4frnt.
    I have no 4frnts. I absolutely love Hojis though, and I bet I’d like the Ren, Dev, and Inthayne. I actually bought those same red 187 hojis a few years ago, but ended up selling them for my precious On3ps..

Hojis are my favorite full rocker ski besides Katanas. Obviously the Hojis are much more playful, but they honestly dont give up too much in terms of stability to the metal katanas.

When I get serious about mid season powder touring, Hoji will be the ski for me. I need to get into spring touring this upcoming March/April, and then take it from there.

When I get serious about mid season powder touring, Hoji will be the ski for me. I need to get into spring touring this upcoming March/April, and then take it from there.

I used them extensively last spring in CO for couloirs and was pretty pleased.

They are pretty darn good in slush.

I just feel like something around 98-102mm underfoot would be better in late spring for me though.

Quiver updates: got rid of Hellbents and Billy Goat Tours. Sad, but they would barely ever see use.

Added signature Supergoats, 191 Katanas, and 187 praxis Skinny Qs.

I will post an updated pic once everything is mounted and I receive the SGs.

They are pretty darn good in slush.

I just feel like something around 98-102mm underfoot would be better in late spring for me though.

Quiver updates: got rid of Hellbents and Billy Goat Tours. Sad, but they would barely ever see use.

Added signature Supergoats, 191 Katanas, and 187 praxis Skinny Qs.

I will post an updated pic once everything is mounted and I receive the SGs.

Katanas!

I like full reverse camber skis in slush / mashed potatoes, less hooky.

Scored a pair of minty fresh 2014 (the last year with metal) Katanas for $300, with aaattack 13 bindings. I had to drive an hour n’ a half to get them in Idaho, but it was totally worth it.

There is a pair of 2014 177s selling on ebay for $650 shipped, and has a good amount of “watchers”.. people pay big bucks for this discontinued masterpiece.

My best score this year!

Volkl is out of their mind to not produce them in limited quantities anymore. It is the only ski I would ever pay retail for from Volkl. Really, more so the only ski I’d even buy from Volkl at all.

Scored a pair of minty fresh 2014 (the last year with metal) Katanas for $300, with aaattack 13 bindings. I had to drive an hour n’ a half to get them in Idaho, but it was totally worth it.

There is a pair of 2014 177s selling on ebay for $650 shipped, and has a good amount of “watchers”.. people pay big bucks for this discontinued masterpiece.

My best score this year!

Volkl is out of their mind to not produce them in limited quantities anymore. It is the only ski I would ever pay retail for from Volkl. Really, more so the only ski I’d even buy from Volkl at all.

That’s awesome man. I found a pair of Chinese watercolor 193 4frnt ehps on CL that I scored for under $160-80 (I forget honestly I was so rabid about it) shipped with STH 14s. Probably could have flipped them, but F that lets ski!

On the flip side I also grabbed a pair of Liberty Variant 113s, 186 length NIP thinking they were discontinued and it ended up they weren’t. But whatever that ski rips too.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Pow View Post
    2017-18 lineup. 'Crows just added today, replacing some '08 Big Troubles. Probably most excited to take the Hojis back out though.

Love the night trains!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post

Quiver goals right there, am I right gwat?
    Oh man! Those Arno's are elusive....
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

First time in a long time I have a quiver under 10 pairs. Still need a 95-100mm ski for crud days, but I really can't think of anything I would switch out. All the unmounted skis are getting FKS or PX15s, just waiting on the jig I bought.

!83cm Bent Chetlers - rock skis
    180cm Line Pescado
    186cm ON3P Billy Goat - tour/veneer
    186cm ON3P Skinny Billy (10mm narrower everywhere)
    187cm Sego Big Horn 106
    178cm Stockli Stormrider 80

The Skinny billy has virtually no camber, a pintail, and 28m radius. The Sego Big Horn has a decent amount of camber, 20m radius, and more symmetrical profile, so they ski way different. The Sego is way more fun on groomers and lower angle stuff. So I have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    First time in a long time I have a quiver under 10 pairs. Still need a 95-100mm ski for crud days, but I really can't think of anything I would switch out. All the unmounted skis are getting FKS or PX15s, just waiting on the jig I bought.

!83cm Bent Chetlers - rock skis
    180cm Line Pescado
    186cm ON3P Billy Goat - tour/veneer
    186cm ON3P Skinny Billy (10mm narrower everywhere)
    187cm Sego Big Horn 106
    178cm Stockli Stormrider 80

The Skinny billy has virtually no camber, a pintail, and 28m radius. The Sego Big Horn has a decent amount of camber, 20m radius, and more symmetrical profile, so they ski way different. The Sego is way more fun on groomers and lower angle stuff. So I have both.
    You need to get a playful "charger" in there, brah.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    You need to get a playful "charger" in there, brah.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    I must say that motherfucker has impeccable taste.

I'm looking at you, Ducroz.
    Attachment 214148
    What is the rainbow ski?

Seriously though, you need a 94-98mm ski in that line up. If you want to be fully “complete”

What is the rainbow ski?
    Dynastar Aurelian Ducroz pro model, I believe.

I think it’s a variation on the LP105, or maybe it IS the LP105??

Paging Leavenworth!

Seriously though, you need a 94-98mm ski in that line up. If you want to be fully “complete”
    I whittled down the list to: Stockli Stormrider 95, Kastle FX95 HP, 2018 Bonafide, Fischer Motive 95, Nordica Enforcer 93/100.

Just waiting to find a deal on something. Not sure about the Motive 95, I love them on piste, but off they are a bit blunt up front, or maybe a little too soft? I don't remember.

I whittled down the list to: Stockli Stormrider 95, Kastle FX95 HP, 2018 Bonafide, Fischer Motive 95, Nordica Enforcer 93/100.

Just waiting to find a deal on something. Not sure about the Motive 95, I love them on piste, but off they are a bit blunt up front, or maybe a little too soft? I don't remember.
    Fischer Ranger 98ti?

I want to try the Fischer PRO Mtn 95ti.

Sweet quiv. Not that you’ll find many deals on them out there, but if you did the Parlor Cardinal 90 and 100 are killer skis with two camber profiles, 3 layup and stiffness options. They sell off their returns cheap. I scored a pair for $250. I love them, chargy but no metal, tons of rebound, damp but not metal damp. Go for the mellow reverse camber shape or the new camber w slight tip rocker, full camber skis pretty locked in.

Fischer Ranger 98ti?

I want to try the Fischer PRO Mtn 95ti.
    So the Ranger 108 and 115 are amazing skis for soft snow, and all the rangers will predictably ski just about anything. I think they would make a good "beef" touring ski. The carbon nose on them is awesome, they basically don't flex, so they are super smooth in chunky pow at any speed. They are impressively stiff for the weight, and even with the shorter turn radius and camber profiles they have still charge with no hesitation.

The problem though, is I am not a fan of them on shitty snow or hard groomers. They have great edge bite, and carve well, but they also felt "tinny" to me. They don't have two full sheets of metal, and they are missing a lot of mass to really feel "solid" in shit snow. When push comes to shove they get knocked around a little more than I would like. If they put two sheets of metal in these like the Motive 95s, but kept the shape and carbon in the Rangers I would have already bought them.

The Pro MTN would be that dream ski, but they have a stupid tip shape on it, so it is nice carving corduroy but is hooky and punchy elsewhere.