Page 156 of 236 FirstFirst ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 5880
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Very solid quiver right there!
    1. I agree, the gunsmokes are that good. Very underestimated ski.
    2. I would put a tech binding on those rangers, aren't they pretty light?
    3. I have never skied wrens or rangers but I would guess Gunsmoke overlaps with your 3(!) pairs of shiros? And cochise and wren are somewhat similar?
    I actually sold those Gunsmokes once, then tried a bunch of other skis that are similar, then bought the Gunsmokes back. They are so underrated.

I've though about a tech binding on the Rangers, just not sure which binding (possibly Kingpins again), and if TLT6Ps is be enough boot to drive them. I really think they will be a great side-country ski.

Yeah, their is some overlap there, just some, haha. The Gunsmokes are there for friends to borrow when they think Soul 7s are the best ski in the world, are too cheap to Demo good skis, and need to be educated about what real skis ski like. I could sell them, but for the $50 they are worth, it's worth keeping them. The Wrens probably won't survive the winter, so that will be some of the overlap gone.

3 pairs of Shiros pictured, one missing... 4 total

4 pairs of one ski. It’s no longer made. That’s just logical. Impressive show of skill and culture

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    4 pairs of one ski. It’s no longer made. That’s just logical. Impressive show of skill and culture
    2 pairs of 193s and 2 pairs of 203s. I think they are that good. And thank you sir

Quote Originally Posted by KillaWhale View Post
    Because I think you all guys are men of culture as well. Here something you should know/see/check :

Attachment 214146

Yes, this is one man's quiver (not mine), all the details are here, ski by ski : http://www.skipass.com/news/150396-d...e-legende.html

woah

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    2 pairs of 193s and 2 pairs of 203s. I think they are that good. And thank you sir
    No, sir. Thank you.

Funny. I also have 4 pairs of Dictators. Same reasons.

You guys make me feel so much better about my hoarding.... thanks.

^^^ What he said.

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

Another smart man. There’s a ski that always ’d my interest, never seen one in person, they must be getting tough to come by eh?

Did you snag that new in plastic pair on ebay about a month ago??

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Did you snag that new in plastic pair on ebay about a month ago??

Haha, that is the pair that spurred my question above. They were cheap right?

Haha, that is the pair that spurred my question above. They were cheap right?
    Fairly cheap. I was thinking about swooping them, but already have enough overlap in that area. As well as no more $$, which was the most important aspect in my decision..

Some nice quivers in the past few pages.

Maybe one day my quiver will all be in the same place, and I'll snap a foto.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Some nice quivers in the past few pages.

Maybe one day my quiver will all be in the same place, and I'll snap a foto.
    It's not hard for a quiver to get out of control, just get rid of the gf who has a one ski out, one ski in rule

Only thing I'm looking at adding is a pair of short, narrow dedicated carving skis, and if a unicorn ski appears, I'll grab that. But the unicorn list is getting small, 196 metal Katanas, 200 Praxis Pow, 19X DPS Spoons, that's about it. Even then I'd probably have to part with my Protests (again), or a pair of Shiros to justify it.

It's not hard for a quiver to get out of control, just get rid of the gf who has a one ski out, one ski in rule

Only thing I'm looking at adding is a pair of short, narrow dedicated carving skis, and if a unicorn ski appears, I'll grab that. But the unicorn list is getting small, 196 metal Katanas, 200 Praxis Pow, 19X DPS Spoons, that's about it. Even then I'd probably have to part with my Protests (again), or a pair of Shiros to justify it.
    Buy my speedzones so I can get the bigger badder pair with the race plate!

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Buy my speedzones so I can get the bigger badder pair with the race plate!
    But I need the bigger badder pair with the race plate cause your speedzones integrated bindings prerelease when I drive the tips too hard

But I need the bigger badder pair with the race plate cause your speedzones integrated bindings prerelease when I drive the tips too hard
    Crank ze din to 12 and set the forward pressure forward. I'm fat and fast and haven't had an issue.

Crank ze din to 12 and set the forward pressure forward. I'm fat and fast and haven't had an issue.
    no...

To get them to stay on normally I have to crank the din to 11 and set the BSL (forward pressure) to 295, my boot is a 306...

The Quiver Pic Rerun Thread

12?? Do you even freakin lift bro? Crank dat shit upp.

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    12?? Do you even freakin lift bro? Crank dat shit upp.

It only goes to 12...

no...

To get them to stay on normally I have to crank the din to 11 and set the BSL (forward pressure) to 295, my boot is a 306...
    As compared to.. what are you normally dinned at? Just curious, it seems like system bindings always find a way to be an issue for people

As compared to.. what are you normally dinned at? Just curious, it seems like system bindings always find a way to be an issue for people
    I set my bindings at a din of 9 to 10, and the max DIN for them is either 13, 14 or 18. The system bindings on the Dynastar skis I've been on have a max din of 12, and I won't step into a ski that the DIN is set at its max.

I've had issues with system bindings since I got my first pair of parabolic skis, K2 Escapes, back in 2001/2 when I was in high school. I walk out of them if they are set correctly, pop the heel piece off the track because the construction isn't strong enough (this one always blows ski techs minds), or have to set the forward pressure so high I can barely get my boot in. System bindings don't really seem to work for me. Maybe someone who is more proportionally correct they work for, but being an aggressive skier who is 6-4 and over 200 lbs with ski gear, they don't work for me.

Look PX 15s mounted on a race ski work just fine, but integrated systems on 'east coast' narrow carving skis don't seem to work.

I set my bindings at a din of 9 to 10, and the max DIN for them is either 13, 14 or 18. The system bindings on the Dynastar skis I've been on have a max din of 12, and I won't step into a ski that the DIN is set at its max.

I've had issues with system bindings since I got my first pair of parabolic skis, K2 Escapes, back in 2001/2 when I was in high school. I walk out of them if they are set correctly, pop the heel piece off the track because the construction isn't strong enough (this one always blows ski techs minds), or have to set the forward pressure so high I can barely get my boot in. System bindings don't really seem to work for me. Maybe someone who is more proportionally correct they work for, but being an aggressive skier who is 6-4 and over 200 lbs with ski gear, they don't work for me.

Look PX 15s mounted on a race ski work just fine, but integrated systems on 'east coast' narrow carving skis don't seem to work.
    Totally with you on system bindings - you’d think it wouldn’t be so tough, but they can’t see to get them right, hardly ever. That said I haven’t tried one in 5+ years.

Not trying to dick wave here (I haven’t done a big air since I hurt my back 5 years ago) but I have pre-release issues with any din setting below 12-13. I usually ride 13-14 but never max it out. And Im happy with the way they release. 5’7’’ 200

Totally with you on system bindings - you’d think it wouldn’t be so tough, but they can’t see to get them right, hardly ever. That said I haven’t tried one in 5+ years.

Not trying to dick wave here (I haven’t done a big air since I hurt my back 5 years ago) but I have pre-release issues with any din setting below 12-13. I usually ride 13-14 but never max it out. And Im happy with the way they release. 5’7’’ 200
    Oh I don't think you are trying to start a dick waving contest. I think at the level most of the mags are, we realize the DIN chart is more of a suggestion for where to set up your bindings at, but you need to adjust your DIN from there for how you ski.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171031_221950_685.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	214992

Moment Belafonte 186cm (Daily driver firm conditions)
    Moment Underworld 186cm (Daily driver touring)
    Praxis GPO UL 187cm (Powder touring)
    Moment Governor 186cm (West coast daily driver, soft snow specific, testing vs Wrenegades)
    Moment Bibby 190cm x2 (Rock Bibbys and Nice Bibbys)
    ON3P Wrenegade 108 189cm (West coast daily driver, soft snow specific, testing vs Governors)

Lupo Ti ID (Daily boot)
    Lupo Carbon (Crossover/travel boot)
    Lupo AX 120 (Touring Boot)