Page 205 of 320 FirstFirst ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 7984
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    No Drommond, Hunter will not be crowded tomorrow--there is too much snow.

Enjoy!

Sprite
    FKNA!

see yall at magic tomorrow! decided to head there on my way back to NYC for the weekend. Ill be wearing grey pants and an orange jacket on MSP 180s. possibly rental poles. gimme a holler

aarrrgh its going to take me until like 2pm to get to platty from bklyn.

Lemmy...the thruway is fine. All you have to do is get to harriman! The worst weather is south of the NYstate line...where I have to drive!
    Time to test the Subie.

Clean Like Amonia, Sick Like Pneumonia, MA
    AM reports from Magic, I'm sure Bluebird will chime in any minute.
    If you have a problem with macdadmorgan, you have a problem with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    aarrrgh its going to take me until like 2pm to get to platty from bklyn.
    i'm also getting worried about this drive, and there is no $15 mention for this friday on plattekill's site. will backtrack to belleayre if the roads look impossible from 28.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

WOO-HOO--snow day here, baby! I tell ya, I don't know who gets more excited for these: the kids or the teachers. I know this teacher is totally stoked not to have to go to work today!

I'm heading to VT in a bit and since Magic is on the way I'll likely poke my head in there to see what's going on. The NOAA forecast for Londonderry does not have me super-stoked though:

Today: A chance of rain showers before noon, then scattered rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Windy, with a east wind between 21 and 28 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

But wind or whatever, I'll be @ Magic skiing tomorrow. Wow, what a happy Friday morning to wake up to....Drive safe out there kids!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Clean Like Amonia, Sick Like Pneumonia, MA
    Right now snowing in western mass, around 1400' feet. Looking for that report, but for the most part I think my mind is made up.
    If you have a problem with macdadmorgan, you have a problem with yourself.

OH BOY!!!!!! Woke up to about 8-9 here on LI......delays on the train, accidents on the roads means I'm heading to VT.......work can wait.....gotta love quattro and snow tires.

It came down hard last night.

Huntah was awesome yesterday. Never seen anything like it. I used my Rome Notch! In the Catskills! Over a foot her in nyc this morning and it's still coming down...wtf? I'd head back up now but the roads are probably barricaded!

It rained in Northfield VT...for the last 24 hours...Rain at stowe to the summit....

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    WOO-HOO--snow day here, baby! I tell ya, I don't know who gets more excited for these: the kids or the teachers. I know this teacher is totally stoked not to have to go to work today!

I'm heading to VT in a bit and since Magic is on the way I'll likely poke my head in there to see what's going on. The NOAA forecast for Londonderry does not have me super-stoked though:

Today: A chance of rain showers before noon, then scattered rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Windy, with a east wind between 21 and 28 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

But wind or whatever, I'll be @ Magic skiing tomorrow. Wow, what a happy Friday morning to wake up to....Drive safe out there kids!

Sprite
    Hmmmm. This is what I pulled:

Winter Storm Warning
    MAZ001-025-NYZ064-VTZ013-014-261800-
    /O.CON.KALY.WS.W.0006.000000T0000Z-100228T0000Z/
    NORTHERN BERKSHIRE-SOUTHERN BERKSHIRE-EASTERN ULSTER-BENNINGTON-
    WESTERN WINDHAM-
    INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PITTSFIELD...NORTH ADAMS...
    GREAT BARRINGTON...LEE...LENOX...HOUSATONIC...KINGSTON.. .
    NEW PALTZ...BENNINGTON...JACKSONVILLE...NEWFANE
    418 AM EST FRI FEB 26 2010

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST
    SATURDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST SATURDAY
    FOR THE BERKSHIRES...SOUTHERN GREEN MOUNTAINS...EASTERN ULSTER COUNTY.

TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BY
    SATURDAY EVENING ACROSS EASTERN ULSTER...AND ABOVE 1500 FEET IN
    BENNINGTON...WESTERN WINDHAM AND BERKSHIRES COUNTIES.

THE RAIN WILL TRANSITION TO SNOW THIS MORNING ACROSS THE
    BERKSHIRES AND SOUTHERN GREENS...AS TEMPERATURES FALL INTO THE
    LOWER TO MID 30S. THE SNOW WILL INCREASE IN INTENSITY LATE THIS
    AFTERNOON THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT.

SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO FALL ACROSS EASTERN ULSTER COUNTY THIS
    MORNING...AND TAPER TO SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON.

THE SNOW WILL BE WET AND HEAVY CAUSING DOWNED TREES...LIMBS AND POWER
    LINES. IN ADDITION...WINDS WITH THIS STORM WILL LIKELY ADD TO THE
    POWER OUTAGES. FINALLY...THE WEIGHT OF THE WET SNOW ON ROOFS AND
    BUILDINGS MAY RESULT IN THE COLLAPSE OF SOME STRUCTURES.

THE SNOW IS ASSOCIATED WITH A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM NEAR
    SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND THIS MORNING. THE LOW WILL DRIFT WESTWARD
    OVER SOUTHERN NEW YORK IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THE LOW WILL THEN
    MOVE LITTLE THROUGH SATURDAY...BUT WILL WEAKEN...AS IT MOVES SOUTH
    OF LONG ISLAND.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW...
    SLEET...AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO
    POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Quote Originally Posted by GoEhuge View Post
    Ah what's going on?! I am on the road up to Jay passing through St Johnsbury and its still in the mid to high 30s and dumping rain! Almost all the snow up here is melted... Is Jay surving this?
    morning report from jay says they received zero rain... i spoke to a buddy at 430pm yesterday who said it was indeed dumping rain in montgomery center but not raining at jay... was very warm but still snowing on the mt as of yesterday afternoon... looks like this storm missed them though... they're now (along with the rest of northern and central vt down to rutland) simply in the wind warning and not weather warning area according to noaa... looks like northern NH and western ME are still getting it though... ugh

Last edited by coreyb; 02-26-2010 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    It rained in Northfield VT...for the last 24 hours...Rain at stowe to the summit....
    Great... Looks like I know where I won't be anytime soon (at least until it snows).
    Thanks for the report though.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Looks like the storm is just sitting and spinning on Queens.

If it's too loud, you're too old

It snowed all day yesterday @ Bromley and Stratton. So, I assume it was all snow @ Magic as well. The snow is extremely heavy and wet.
    Forecast is calling for more snow tonight with diminishing winds.
    S.Vermont highways are fine.

Wildcat has had 2.5 feet from this latest storm, no rain at all - over a foot overnight and still hammering.

Last edited by DaveTV; 02-26-2010 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Wildcat has had 2.5 feet from this latest storm, no rain at all - over a foot overnight and still hammering.
    where's the cheapest/closest place to stay up there? i was suppose to head to jay all weekend but am trying to reroute to the cat... chasing pow is stressful business...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post

fuck fuck fuckety FUCK !
    I shoulda just gone up Solo.
    dammit ! $9 bucks today at wildcat.
    Somebuddy better have pics
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Gah...Wildcat is my home mtn (passholder) and I took Wednesday off to go to Magic (worth it), which meant I can't take off today. I'm heading up tonight. Please save some snow for me!!!!!!!!

This is sooooo not fair. I must say though that it's quite unfortunate to have all this snow on $9 day. It will get skied off too fast and the line for the quad will be more than unbearable.

Joey !!

Busy ? ya think ? I bet it's busy but not in a Killington kinda way. Not many Joeys chasing freshies at the CAT...and that's a good thing.
    http://www.skiwildcat.com/image_of_day.html

Wildcat MountainIt snowed all day Thursday AT Wildcat, NO RAIN, and we've received another 9 - 12" overnight giving us 30" (2.5 feet) for this multi-day storm. 4 lifts schedule and 42 trails with ski patrol scouting remaining few to see if it will open. $9 Friday http://www.skiwildcat.com/news.html#233

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBLspNaadqk"]YouTube- Wildcat Mountain Video Update February 24, 2010[/ame]
    Last edited by willywhit; 02-26-2010 at 07:51 AM. Reason: pissed !
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by spaztwelve View Post
    Gah...Wildcat is my home mtn (passholder) and I took Wednesday off to go to Magic (worth it), which meant I can't take off today. I'm heading up tonight. Please save some snow for me!!!!!!!!

This is sooooo not fair. I must say though that it's quite unfortunate to have all this snow on $9 day. It will get skied off too fast and the line for the quad will be more than unbearable.
    Yup and add in all of North Conway. North Conway schools are closed today because of the snow I believe. My buddy teaches at the high school up there and also spends his time at wildcat. He will track out every little cut in the brook area and the inbounds stuff as well. Lucky bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by umby View Post
    Yup and add in all of North Conway. North Conway schools are closed today because of the snow I believe. My buddy teaches at the high school up there and also spends his time at wildcat. He will track out every little cut in the brook area and the inbounds stuff as well. Lucky bastard.

Well, it sounds like they're still getting pounded. And, with some good Wildcat windiness, we should see some pretty epic snow tomorrow. It's so not fair that the masses will shred up Starline.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    Busy ? ya think ? I bet it's busy but not in a Killington kinda way. Not many Joeys chasing freshies at the CAT...and that's a good thing.
    http://www.skiwildcat.com/image_of_day.html

$9 Day at the Cat is an anomaly. It's the one day in the year when the crowds are actually too big. Maybe all the snow actually kept some of the Joeys away, but I fear the worst. Either way, tomorrow will still be epictacular.

Skinned around ****** Jay yesterday. There definitely was 3 feet, but it was slow and wet. Started skinning at 5 am and reached the top around 8. The skin track turned to cement on the second lap. If you head up that way, enjoy my track

Jay's forecast and twitter feed, not surprisingly, were all bull. "Dumping here at 4 pm", yet they reported 1" overnight. Nice job guys!