Page 84 of 320 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 7984
    Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Any word on the snow conditions? I'm down for most anything but death crust.
    yah, we actually just called it off due to possible deathcrust.

nice andy and alan! but skiing trees? was there any base in there?

It was stupid deep in the woods today, and by stupid deep I mean stupid in the traditional sense, not the: "whoa bro you got a face shot", sense.

Agreed about the wind it was insane, maybe the windiest day I have skied. I could not believe the lift kept running. At one point I literally almost got blown of the chair, my skis acted like sales and I yelled out and grabbed the chair in shock. After that I held on or we put the bar down. A comment was made about how annoying the bar was and I mentioned that getting blown of the lift would be more annoying. Certain exposures, like East fall were full out wind in your face. That also had snowmaking death cookies like I have never seen. Other exposures were fine, like Royal flush, which oddly is next to east fall, but facing more south. The snow was real creamy consistency. Glad you had fun at Jay!

Yea the trees were scary too. Sometimes it was sweet but others you wanted to get out of there fast.

Wow, talk about stoke!!

A buddy and I are driving up to Killington tomorrow, hopefully it'll still be almost as good and not crusty. May stay up Friday too or head to Jay depending on how many lifts they'll be spinning. I know Okemo usually gets ridiculed here but at $15 a ticket on 'Facebook Friday' and 14" reported today it's also tempting.

Time to get out there!

Ok, so for reals this time, I'll be up at Stowe tomorrow. Red top, black pants, old-school racing style briko helmet and head monsters.

Anyone else gonna be up there?
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Preemptive "I told you so" for skiing trees now. Ever hike those lines in the summer? People going in now and getting hurt has the potential to bring heat down on folks who are skiing closed terrain for freshies in reasonable ways....
    just my $.02.
    besides....at noon, gondolier has like 2 track on it....why bother.

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    Any core shots? I need to get my skis out a time or two before Utah on Jan. 6......hopefully I'll find some untracked stuff this weekend to feel 'em out.
    Many p-tex gouges and one deep shot that came within a few mm of jacking my edge. I was lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Dude that was funny.

Where you been? Still in Philly?
    That one was for you and Bucket...

I've been stupid busy. Finished working a campaign in November and started furiously looking for a job. Also volunteering time to another local congressional campaign to help them through the holiday season. But, otherwise, still around. I'm weary about getting after it this early in the season because I'm sans health insurance, and broke, but really itching.
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

Sunday River was nice. Not a lot of variety, but a whole ton of snow and no wind.

Honesty after seeing reports from many stations of gusts in the 60, 70 and even 80 mph range I can't imagine either sitting on a chair OR going deep into the woods.

Lake effect of ontario going to be big by sat. am.

Quote Originally Posted by Falldise View Post
    The target was Royal Flush, we hit it and it was glorious
    Totally Agreed.
    K-ton removed themselves from the coupon deal they'd been on forever so I decided not to pay full price for one lift. Skinned with the plan of hitting Catwalk from the top and then to the next real goal of tasting Royal Flush, which I crossed and oggled during the skin. At the Heavenly Traverse intersection it was visible that Catwalk wasn't ready so back the way I came, some woods shots and lackuster skiing until The Flush. Made it all worthwhile.

Damn those Kmart shots are great. I am stoked now. Thanks you.

No wind at Sunday River in Maine and it was purty. Nice deep snow on roped off trail which had had snow making. Great first day. Sure seem to get a lot of powder in the Eat ifd you get after it. Love snow tires

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    No wind at Sunday River in Maine and it was purty. Nice deep snow on roped off trail which had had snow making. Great first day. Sure seem to get a lot of powder in the Eat ifd you get after it. Love snow tires
    Hmmm, probably saw you (since we were all on the same lift). I was the minty fresh jacket man.

opening day in wny tomorrow along with the possibility of 2-3' coming off of good ole lake Erie over the next couple days. Should be a good start to the season.

Wind and no lifts spinning told me to go to work. Butttttttttt got home and saw reports of skiing and decided to skin for some turns after a quick dinner.
    Left in moderate winds with 8-12 of non wind affected snow till about 2800' then wind drifts and semi bare ground. Climbed to the top of NL at 3300' and wind was still blowing hard . As I neared the top a front came in which cut visibility till I could not see bottom lights.Snow started falling at a good rate and I was .

Got ready, make mine a Smutty

Looks like winter

made some turns

Unfortunatly by the time I got near the bottom the beautiful snow changed to [some fucking shit, not at all snow like]and attempted to pitch me into the mank.

Currently 36` and not snowing[doing some other bullshit] at the base of the Bush.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

As I've tweeted- seriously I'm going to make this fuckin invention work- and as I've blogged- I'm so techie....lake effect will get cranking in the wake of a cold front that's swinging NE from buff right now. LES warnings are up for s/w adk- indian lake, speculator and the like. ADK (WF/High Peaks) and Greens will catch some too.

P.S. - moeghoul- wissahickon ski hil...as a philly mag i'm interested.
    http://www.wissahickonskiclub.org/
    Nothing like first trax. Small private club. I'm the neighbor.
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by freezorburn View Post
    Bromley Mountain this weekend anyone?
    I'll be there.
    Lake effect of ontario going to be big by sat. am.
    Please elaborate!

we left burlington around 12, the wind was nuts on 89 and saw a jeep nearly spin out of control. we got to the stowe waterbury exit after a 45 min drive and then decided there are plenty more days to come and pushing it there and comming back in the dark on barely plowed roads wasnt worth getting stuck or hurt
    so tomorrow im off to stowe or smuggs

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Hmmm, probably saw you (since we were all on the same lift). I was the minty fresh jacket man.
    I am pretty sure I remember you. Lots of smiles yesterday. We sure were lucky to have had all of that snow and no wind.

I was sporting an orange jacket and silver helmet-kinda easy to spot which made me a bit nervous pouching that sweet run with patrol all about.

Do you ski over at Wildcat or up on the big mountain across the street? I head to those places most of the time as I live down in the Portland area.

So reports are saying it was not all snow all the way to the top of Bush last night... It's all frozen up... What is the call for Saturday? Did it stay all white and fluffy anywhere?

More importantly, where is the lake effect expected to hit?

It was 34`at 5:30 AM and has dropped to 31` now. Did not lose much with rain overnight but gained a zipper crust over mank.
    Wind is blowing at a good clip with snow due to arrive from the west.
    looks like Jay is getting "it"

Skin out, Ski in access, Membership has its privileges

Top-o-the page music
    Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 12-10-2009 at 06:38 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Stratton and Okemo showing up on the "snowfall score board"! Who won that ticket to Stratton, TWD donated?

VTF- So this is a good base builder, then?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Well over a foot in southern VT and I don't think the switch over was ever all R...It was a nice compacting mix. Snow in the front yard is edgable and not ice crusted...Great base building snow. Hells yeah.

Oh yeah and it's currently snowing again.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle