Page 204 of 320 FirstFirst ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 7984
    Ignoring the rain mini and I built a park in the front yard

Setting Up

Mini hits the minipipe

Mini attempting to get his 180 on

Last edited by laseranimal; 02-25-2010 at 07:20 PM.
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Anxious to hear any Magic updates! Planning to make the drive up from CT in the morning.

Laser, based solely on your posts here, I am convinced you are the coolest dad ever.

some day when my swimmers make the long up stream journey (or we adopt, like she wants to and I'm more than cool with), I hope to be as fucking rad as you.

You, seriously=The MAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    In short, yes.

The snow was stupid heavy and stupid deep. Did I say the snow was heavy?? Jesus... Good conditions for hucking though.
    It was r*ining/mixing at mid mtn when I left around 2p , and even at higher elevations there was some crust going on later in the day (that spot we went into, Bushwacker) and even might have been getting a little oddly windpacked I think. It was definitely more funky the second time around up there. R*ined the entire drive back to Hanover, at times pretty steady r*in. Now in Hanover it's r*ining pretty hard...

Set off some sloughs, which was exciting (not in a good way) and scary at the same time. Those resulted in some beachball sized snowballs - don't wanna get hit by one of those.

Bushwacker, I think the goats did a little better than your thugs, but it was still a difficult day, so I feel ya there.

Gonna take some real good snow to make this all skiable again once it freezes up (oh god I don't even want to think about it...). Now I don't have the slightest idea of what to do this weekend...

I re-learn this lesson every year, but I always forget it: it's the most anticipated days that often end up being some of the worst, and the unexpected ones that always end up the best.
    yeah my buddy had a demo pair of 186 new gotamas reverse camber works way better than what I had. yesterday the thugs rocked it though.

still had fun but that snow was stupid, my roommate(groomer skier) called when I suppose to meet up with you guys I grabbed my 8.7 and went carving.

lame not core post of the day right there!!!

I have my stuff in my car and ready to go where it snows. its looking like wildcat or MRG. I hope stowe gets enough for me to stay but I am ready to book if need to be.

FYI it was snowing at the base at 6pm when I picked up my stuff from my locker.

heard the white face slides opened today, why the hell haven't i seen any pics? even when you're living in UT, i hear that's something to write home about!

It has not stopped snowing at hunter sincetuesday . Crazy amount of snow.

Snowed all day at Magic, some non-frozen snow mixed in at times. All of it was heavy and wet. Down in Londonderry it was nearly all unfrozen snow. Wish I knew exactly what was going on at the mountain. Still precipitating and appears to be changing back over. Either skiing Magic, Plattekill, or Sugarbush tomorrow depending on what I hear when I wake up.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Anybody think that Wildcat would be worth a 3 hour drive tomorrow? Thinking of leaving around 6 if it continues to snow up there. Any ideas how the weather is over there? Tired of this rain and heavy shit

I'm in Rutland right now and the wind is whipping up like serious business.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Catskills are getting smoked! Belleayre for the win with $25 lift tix tomorrow. Hunter and Platty will be good but the elevation at B will make it that much bettererrrr.
    Plattekill is $15 and is the coldest in general, plus they're calling for 12-24" on top of the foot from today!!!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by scottski63 View Post
    It has not stopped snowing at hunter sincetuesday . Crazy amount of snow.
    seriously, i need to go back and reread everyone else's shit but yes, the snow turned to rain by 87 but it was snow at elevation at hunter. they saw no rain today, but more importantly we were dropping shit left and right i've only dreamed of. i can't even explain how good it was even at a 1:1 drive to ski time today. 4 fucking 15 to get back to my door but 40" doesn't come around every day.

Plus Scott showed me the real gnar on KT28

has anyone been on the NYS thruway in the last few hours? wondering wtf that is going to be like at 6am.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyWood View Post
    I'm in Rutland right now and the wind is whipping up like serious business.
    Better dry off those titties.

Quote Originally Posted by Dufflogic22 View Post
    Anybody think that Wildcat would be worth a 3 hour drive tomorrow? Thinking of leaving around 6 if it continues to snow up there. Any ideas how the weather is over there? Tired of this rain and heavy shit
    At $9 for the day it'll be better than a hot poker in the eye.

http://www.skiwildcat.com/snowreport.html
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    seriously, i need to go back and reread everyone else's shit but yes, the snow turned to rain by 87 but it was snow at elevation at hunter. they saw no rain today, but more importantly we were dropping shit left and right i've only dreamed of. i can't even explain how good it was even at a 1:1 drive to ski time today. 4 fucking 15 to get back to my door but 40" doesn't come around every day.

Plus Scott showed me the real gnar on KT28
    Damn! Sounds like epic pow at Fuckin' Huntah. Maybe I should drive west....

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Better dry off those titties.
    :-) yeah they did get wet yesterday.. I do it for you, Aldo :-)

The wind is going to be real issue tomorrow...not at Magic's redline, but ya know..

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    has anyone been on the NYS thruway in the last few hours? wondering wtf that is going to be like at 6am.
    i was just on the thruway, you check that post right above.

the craziest shit though was on the palisades, a tree fell in the road and i had to do some crazy driving to point it through the crown rather than get decapitated. the roads are shit mang! Cars off the road everywhere. And after the plow came by it filled in instantly with the 2"/hr of fucking snow Ullr is puking on us right now. it is sick out there!

BUT the storm is supposed to taper off by morning. we need to get a caravan going to pkill with some trucks and tow gear, but it's a matter of utmost importance that we get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Damn! Sounds like epic pow at Fuckin' Huntah. Maybe I should drive west....
    There's plenty of $20 OFF Hunter discount coupons kicking around. Grab those new "Go Play" England Travel Maps. The welcome centers have them plus I noticed a lot of Inns have them in their racks
    .. got a bunch I'm sure I'll never use..too late for you, but someone on your way must have those
    I can send if someone needs for later...best bet though is seek out the maps now

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyWood View Post
    There's plenty of $20 OFF Hunter discount coupons kicking around. Grab those new "Go Play" England Travel Maps. The welcome centers have them plus I noticed a lot of Inns have them in their racks
    .. got a bunch I'm sure I'll never use..too late for you, but someone on your way must have those
    I can send if someone needs for later...best bet though is seek out the maps now
    I've actually got several! Thank you.

The way I'm seeing it:

Hunter tomorrow:
    -Colder temps than most of VT
    -Almost as much recent snow
    -less wind than the high mtns in VT
    -seems steep enough
    -When else would I ski Hunter?

-Potentially more crowded.

No Drommond, Hunter will not be crowded tomorrow--there is too much snow.

Enjoy!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Ah what's going on?! I am on the road up to Jay passing through St Johnsbury and its still in the mid to high 30s and dumping rain! Almost all the snow up here is melted... Is Jay surving this?
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

My guess is if you're not at Hunter now or very soon there's a pretty good chance 23A doesn't stay open all the way through. Better chance 28 and 30 I think. That leaves B and Platty being more accessible, P being the tougher of those two. From what I heard Windham had 20" new today as of 9pm but it's cement.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    My guess is if you're not at Hunter now or very soon there's a pretty good chance 23A doesn't stay open all the way through. Better chance 28 and 30 I think. That leaves B and Platty being more accessible, P being the tougher of those two. From what I heard Windham had 20" new today as of 9pm but it's cement.
    Really? Road closure in NY due to snow. That would be pretty crazy....

If so, it looks like I could loop around to the north at 54 minutes drive time. Not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I've actually got several! Thank you.

The way I'm seeing it:

Hunter tomorrow:
    -Colder temps than most of VT
    yes, temps in the 20s tomorrow, dry pow
    -Almost as much recent snow
    when there's more than 3 feet, who's counting?
    -less wind than the high mtns in VT
    Hunter does have wind problems
    -seems steep enough
    west on a powder day is fun to bomb
    -When else would I ski Hunter?
    spring bumps are a good reason
    -Potentially more crowded.
    no waiting in liftlines or anything, i promise
    p.s. PM scottski, he'll be there!

Heading east on trhe nys thruway now 50 miles from albany and its nuking. I've been assured rthat kmart will still be worth it tomorrow