DO NOT TAKE A LOT OF NUTMEG

shit fucks you up. BAD
    I gots the jacket with the blue fox fur

Your not supposed to put it in your ass
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

gives you a mean fucking headache too.

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

To be exact.....

Nutmeg is known by many names, such Myristica fragrans, mace, magic, muscdier, muskatbaum, myristica, noz moscada, nuez moscada, and nux moschata. Nutmeg is most commonly used as a cooking spice, comes from the fruit of a 50 ft (15 m) tall tropical evergreen tree. This tree grows in Indonesia, New Guinea, and the West Indies. The bark is smooth and grayish brown with green young branches and leaves. The oblong, fleshy fruit, called the nutmeg apple, contains a nut from which nutmeg is made. The dried nut and essential oil are both used as medicine.

Nutmeg is used in both Western and Chinese herbal medicine. It is most popular as a spice in food and drinks, and is also used in cosmetics and soaps. In ancient Greece and Rome, where nutmeg was rare and expensive, people thought it stimulated the brain. The Arabs have used nutmeg since the seventh century.

General Use

Nutmeg relaxes the muscles, sedates the body, and helps remove gas from the digestive track. It is most commonly used for stomach problems such as indigestion. It is also used for chronic nervous disorders, kidney disorders, and to prevent nausea and vomiting. In Chinese medicine, nutmeg is used to treat abdominal pain, diarrhea, inflammation, impotence, liver disease, and vomiting. In the Middle East, some cultures are said to use nutmeg in love potions as an aphrodisiac. The essential oil of nutmeg is used for rheumatic pain, toothaches, and bad breath. In Germany, it is used for problems related to the stomach and intestines, but this use is controversial. In homeopathy, nutmeg is used to treat anxiety or depression. Although nutmeg has been used to treat many ailments, it hasn't been proven to be useful or effective for any and it can be harmful. Nutmeg is used in medicines such as Vicks Vaporub, Agua del Carmen, Aluminum Free Indigestion, Incontinurina, Klosterfrau Magentoniuum, Melisana, and Nervospur.

Preparation

Nutmeg is made from the nut of the nutmeg apple. It is removed from the fruit and slowly dried. As an herbal medicine, nutmeg is commonly used in capsules (200 mg), powders, and essential oil. As a cooking spice, the nut is ground and cooked in food. The skin of the nuts is ground to produce another spice, called mace. Nutmeg butter, a mixture of fatty and essential oil, is made by chopping and steaming the nuts until they form a paste.

Some of the suggested doses of nutmeg can be harmful. For nausea, other stomach problems, and chronic diarrhea, one or two capsules or nutmeg kernel as a single dose or three to five drops of essential oil on a lump of sugar or on a teaspoon of honey is suggested. For diarrhea, 4-6 tbsp of powder could be taken every day. For a toothache, one or two drops of essential oil can be applied to the gum around the toothache to relieve pain; a visit to the dentist care is still necessary.

In Chinese medicine, 250–500 mg of nutmeg mixed with other herbs is recommended, once or twice a day. It can be taken in powder plain, capsules, pills, or infusion, and should be taken on an empty stomach. When used as a digestive stimulant in Chinese medicine, it is said to work best when ground and cooked in food.

Precautions

Nutmeg is not recommended for use as a medicine because it is too risky. An overdose of nutmeg is harmful and sometimes deadly. There are more effective treatments for all of the ailments that nutmeg could be used for.

Pregnant women should not use nutmeg because it can cause a miscarriage. Women who are breast-feeding should not use nutmeg either. Nutmeg should be used with caution in patients with psychiatric illnesses, as it can cause feelings of anxiety. Touching the nuts can cause an allergic skin reaction. In the home, nutmeg should be kept out of the reach of children and pets.

Side Effects

There are no known side effects from using nutmeg properly. Too much nutmeg, however, can cause serious health problems and even death. Early symptoms of an overdose of nutmeg (one to three nuts) are thirst, nausea, and feelings of urgency. There may also be experiences of altered consciousness; this can range from mild to intensive hallucinations, and results in a stupor that lasts from two to three days. Sometimes shock and seizures occur. Immediate medical attention is necessary when someone has taken too much nutmeg.

Interactions

Recent studies of the anxiogenic, or anxiety-causing, effects of nutmeg indicate that it counteracts such tranquilizers as diazepam (Valium), ondansetron (Zofran), and buspirone (BuSpar). The specific substance in nutmeg that is responsible for this effect is a compound called trimyristin. There are, however, no known medical conditions that contraindicate the use of nutmeg in small quantities.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLionfish View Post
    shit fucks you up. BAD
    say...you weren't....oh....

.....In Chinese medicine, nutmeg is used to treat impotence.........
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Side Effects

Too much nutmeg.. can cause ... experiences of altered consciousness; this can range from mild to intensive hallucinations, and results in a stupor that lasts from two to three days.
    16 years old, bunch of guys and girls at the skate ramp, bored and poor, we heard this by word of mouth (no internet then!). Guess what the very first thing we did was?
    Life is not lift served.

There may also be experiences of altered consciousness; this can range from mild to intensive hallucinations, and results in a stupor that lasts from two to three days.
    TWO or THREE DAYS?!?!? Damn, that's some serious shit. I'd heard that it could fuck you up, but had no idea! It's a good thing that I'm no longer in college, and have a job and a wife... cuz otherwise I'd probably be tempted to see what a 2 or 3 day stupor is like!

wow, you actually tried it? I'm an experimental kinda guy with nutmeg in the cupboard but even the stories on the internet scared me off it. that's not some fun shit. hahahahahahahhahahaha

found out about that years ago reading 'from morphine to chocolate' -a guide to every drug. guess the ' hangover" is real bad.

Id be interested to hear more about the effects if anyone did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Did it in high school. Ground up a whole nut and ate.

Was sorta a light hallucinogen. Stayed up all night.

Felt super burnt out the next day.

Drugs are bad, mmmmmmK?
    If you are getting rad but there is no one to see you. Are you really getting rad at all?

My trip involved Willy Wonka giving me candy and flying. Enough said

and I have no idea whether or not I was awake all of last night

Sheeet, general consensus is a nay then?
    If you are getting rad but there is no one to see you. Are you really getting rad at all?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLionfish View Post
    and I have no idea whether or not I was awake all of last night
    LOL. only a one day stupor?!? ...should have taken more
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Snort Nutmeg.....Hear the mountains...see the music...lightbulbs melting...
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    wow, you actually tried it? I'm an experimental kinda guy with nutmeg in the cupboard but even the stories on the internet scared me off it. that's not some fun shit. hahahahahahahhahahaha
    The mistake was trying datura when we heard about it some time after the nutmeg. That flower is off the hook. One word: don't. This was over 20 year ago.

Due to the potent combination of anticholinergic substances it contains, Datura intoxication typically produces effects similar to that of an anticholinergic delirium: a complete inability to differentiate reality from fantasy (delirium, as contrasted to hallucination); hyperthermia; tachycardia; bizarre, and possibly violent behavior; and severe mydriasis with resultant painful photophobia that can last several days. Pronounced amnesia is another commonly reported effect.

According to the drug information site Erowid, no other substance has received as many "Train Wreck" (i.e., severely negative experience) reports as has Datura,[11] noting that "the overwhelming majority of those who describe to us their use of Datura (and to a lesser extent, Belladonna, Brugmansia and Brunfelsia) find their experiences extremely mentally and physically unpleasant and not infrequently physically dangerous."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datura#...s_of_ingestion
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    LOL. only a one day stupor?!? ...should have taken more
    24 hours of flying around and chilling with Willy Wonka was plenty bro

Anyone know if its processed through the kiddies? The part about it being used to treat inflammation is interesting. Ibuprofen is bad for endurance runners because its processed through the kiddies, but it helps to reduce inflammation (pain).

I have read this story before.
    "Regular nutmeg consumption can relieve joint pain and gout. Put 5-6 drops on a sugar cube"
    Last edited by Tuckerman; 09-21-2009 at 06:55 AM.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    I have read this story before.
    "Regular nutmeg consumption can relieve joint pain and gout. Put 5-6 drops on a sugar cube"
    That's interesting. Is nutmeg liquid available or do you have to make it from ground nutmeg?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Touching the nuts can cause an allergic skin reaction...

I love it when you talk dirty....
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.