Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Solstice Outerwear?

Anyone know anything about this company? I was on their site, checking out their line. I tried sending an email & calling them, looks like they are out of business. emails sent back, phone number disconnected.
    "... when I turn, I just hope it hits me in the face."--Shroder Baker/Under the Influence

A shame. Heard some good things about their gear back in the day...

Not sure what their status is but their product was top notch years ago when I had a jacket from them.

spacesuit looked siiiiick, still some floatin around on td every once in a while

I've had good luck with their stuff. Made in Oregon last time I checked. Never really waterproof but always mid to mid high grade stuff and durable to boot. I read somewhere they went out of business last year...hearsay...
    Driving to Targhee

I still have one of thier shells, it must be 15 years old but still in decent shape, I wear it around the yard instead of destroying a newer jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    spacesuit looked siiiiick, still some floatin around on td every once in a while
    yeah, I was wondering if they were going to offer the "Deep Space suit" this season. I saw one on Tramdock some time ago, but haven't seen one since. You know how it is, when your ready to buy something, you can't find what you want.
    "... when I turn, I just hope it hits me in the face."--Shroder Baker/Under the Influence

i scored a pair of peak to penthouse pants off TD for real cheap recently. Haven't worn them obviously, but the construction is definitely on the mid high to higher side.

Funny i was checking out their site recently wondering when they would update it. Too bad they went out. Looked like a great alternative to the bigger brands. Kinda like jagged edge way back. I think they may be out too.

I still have a Solstice expedition weight mid-layer that's prob. 12 years old and still wear it almost every time I ski. Bomber construction.

I bought a Solstice goretex shell off tramdock earlier this summer and it's made very well also. Too bad they went out.
    Dollar sign that bitch.

PSA- some pretty good deals on solstice over at http://www.e-omc.com. $42 bucks for the shell pants, with free shipping. Since this thread is recent thougt id post the PSA here rather then in Tech Talk.

As per above, i think its good stuff and a nice alternative. Its not patagucci, but not lands end either.

The hybrid softshell is also about $75 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ACHTUNG View Post
    I still have a Solstice expedition weight mid-layer that's prob. 12 years old and still wear it almost every time I ski. Bomber construction.

I bought a Solstice goretex shell off tramdock earlier this summer and it's made very well also. Too bad they went out.
    Is this for sure that they have closed up? I searched and found this as I was looking for their website. I have a ten year old jacket that has finally worn through in too many places that I have close to 1,200 days in.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
    Is this for sure that they have closed up? I searched and found this as I was looking for their website. I have a ten year old jacket that has finally worn through in too many places that I have close to 1,200 days in.
    Here is their web site:http://www.solsticeoutdoor.com/home. I tried calling & e-mailing,(I am not sure they are gone, reason for original post) if you have better luck; let us know. I like the looks of the Deep Space suit.

Quote Originally Posted by ARpowhound View Post
    Anyone know anything about this company? I was on their site, checking out their line. I tried sending an email & calling them, looks like they are out of business. emails sent back, phone number disconnected.
    Same here. Now I found the website and stuff. 800 number is 86ed.
    Landline in Portland has full mailbox.

Garrrrhhhh. That sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Damn. That does really suck. Website is dead now too.

I have a pair of their bibs (2nd pair actually). I love them.

Got a split in the butt seam and was just going to contact them for repair/replacement.

I used to have a jacket from them too. Bombproof stuff.

I still have a goretex shell. It's a great jacket. Must be 12+ years old.

Picked up a bunch of the solstice stuff for stupid cheap last season. Rocked their basic cargo pants all season. Never really 100 percent waterproof, but super comfortable and pretty darn durable. So good in fact I never took out my new pair of chemical pants. I may just repair the patches and use them again next year. I will miss the solstice brand. Real nice stuff, no gaudy logos and no fluorescent colors.

The old hybrid hard/softshell i have aint too bad either...if its not too windy

Where is a good gangsta investment "banka" when you really need em to resurrect a brand

just bought the Solstice Vidar 3L Shell off steepandcheap for $119. Hopefully it has the quality i'm hearing about here.

Please let us know how it looks/works. Dept of goods still has a million of that jacket, i'm sure it will be back on SAC

I got the Cafe Carlyle Shell off SAC or tramdock earlier this year and I'm really digging it. Not sure if those are still popping up, but definitely worth the $90 if they do.

i got the golden stretch bib (new) off of geartrade for $38 shipped! (it retailed for $250!)

the thing is rock solid, well designed, and uber comfy.

edit: i also have a pair of fleece bottoms and a wind stopper vest from about 12-15 years ago that are still going strong.
    Last edited by pfluffenmeister; 11-03-2010 at 09:32 AM.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmurphy View Post
    Please let us know how it looks/works. Dept of goods still has a million of that jacket, i'm sure it will be back on SAC
    will have pics in the edamame along with the stoic softshell tour pant in metal.

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    I still have one of thier shells, it must be 15 years old but still in decent shape, I wear it around the yard instead of destroying a newer jacket.
    Me too, same vintage same deal.

As i said way up last year in the thread. Always tough to miss a good brand, without gaudy logos, florescent colors, comfort and excellent construction.

Peak to penthouse pants aint too shabby either...going on 2 years without any sign of wear despite doing a lot of rolling around both on slope and in parking lots with the kiddies

"deep space suit" = smooth as...

Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Might try to pick up a jacket from the eOMC site but have a sizing question. I'm 5'11", 165 lbs. but still have fairly broad shoulders. I am often in between a M and L. Does Solstice run pretty true? Any thoughts?

And thanks for the PSA on the eOMC site.