Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WWMD? Your buddy's wife messin around...

I suppose it's more what should I have done. My best friend has been going through a terrible time with his wife of 20 years. She told him she's no longer in love with him, wishes she didn't have their 5 kids, and wanted out. After a bunch of therepy they deceided to call it a day and get a divorce. He will get the house and kids, and she's free to go out and "find herself". Throughout all of this she has maintained there's no one else. Well that is until the someone else posted his declariation of love to her on her Facebook page. Now I happened to notice this, and thinking I would want to know if it was me, passed the info along to my buddy. He's not surprised and figures it will be a little more leverage when they get the lawyers together. She has been harassing my non-stop via phone and email telling me how I've ruined her life. My response was "I think you've done a fine job of that all on your own, only problem is you also brought alone 5 kids for the ride".

Now I'm feeling slightly guilty for letting my buddy in on this, and I know I'm right. It is still a Bros before Hoes world right?
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

I'd want the heads up. Not that it really matters though, sounds like the facebook bit is just one small part of a much bigger problem. Doesn't sound like custody or assets are really on the line either so I dunno how much impact it'll have on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by mnflyfish View Post
    He's not surprised and figures it will be a little more leverage when they get the lawyers together.
    Sounds like he's cool with it, perhaps even grateful for this "revelation".

No reason to feel guilt. After 20 years of living with a guy, she ought to be familiar with "Bro Rules".
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Gone fishing

Shitty situation, but it sounds like you did the right thing. He should know that it was going on, and it can only help him if things get nasty.

Reading that 'he wasn't surprised' kinda takes the heat off imho. Wouldn't he likely of noticed that eventually on his own? If the dude is posting on her FB, he's likely also already left a lot of other emails/texts etc that could also be used [couldn't it?]. Sounds like he's dealing with it better than many...and i'm sure he appreciates your support...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

You did the right thing, same thing I'd have done.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

bro's before ho's. Tell here to fek off and i would have done the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mnflyfish View Post
    ...Now I'm feeling slightly guilty for letting my buddy in on this, and I know I'm right. It is still a Bros before Hoes world right?
    If she did that to you in a couple of weeks how do you think he feels after 20 years of living with her? She sounds like a non-violent version of the asshole who beats up his girlfriend and then makes her apologize for making him angry.
    # # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

Facebook != Vegas.

What happens there is out for the world to see.

It'd be one thing if you were making shit up or spreading rumors. If the truth "ruins her life," there's not that much you can do about it. There are very few people I'm willing to lie for, and none of them are my buddies' soon-to-be-ex-wives.
    not counting days 2016-17

Since when is something posted on facebook not public. Had she called you up and told you in all confidence this info I would agree with her. Passing along something on facebook is public domain. Tell her to was the sand out of her vagina and leave you alone. She ruined her life, not you.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Had she called you up and told you in all confidence this info I would agree with her.
    Only if she was his best friend, and not her Husbands. If my wife ever called any of my friends and told them that same thing, I would expect them to tell me.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Fuck that noise! The fucking douche put it on his facebook page. End of story. You've got nothing to feel guilty about. She's a cheater and he's a dumb fuck. They prolly deserve each other. Life is its own reward.

You did the right thing.

I read a great article a while back about FB/MySpace being major fodder for divorce lawyers. Case-in-point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

good stuff....

you were right, don't fret, she is the idiot that posted for all of her "friends" to see.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

...eseehc fo modgnik eht ni ssertrof reeb A
    Hell... unless you took some vow of secrecy (implicit if you were hittin' said buddies wife yerself IMHO);

-she's the one who did the deeds that led to this revelation...

-she screwed up by keeping her soon to be ex's buddy (you) a FB friend...

-her new male friend screwed up by posting such things in a public space like FB...

I say you did fine by your buddy... that's what counts here.

Oh, and although I'm not a betting man, I bet she comes back in some year soon to apologize and look for a role in co-raising the kids... which the courts are likely to allow, and which is what would probably be best for the kids in the long run anyway. I think you might want to tell the Buddy this part too... but who cares what I think.
    pmiP triD remroF

-dna-

!!!timoV cimotA erutuF

-ottom-

"!!!emit a ta anigav eno dlroW eht gnirolpxE"

First off you totally did the right thing, you were watching out for your buddy when somebody was doing him wrong. Doesn't matter who it was, you had your friend's back. Good on ya for that.

Second, I wouldn't say this falls under the jurisdiction of "bros before hoes". A more applicable situation for B vs. H legislation would be if your buddies soon to be ex wife was posting shit to your facebook and you were contemplating whether or not to take the skin boat to tuna town. In said situation, under "bros vs. hoes" rule number one (bros before hoes), you would be obligated to stay the fuck away from her and let your buddy know of her indiscretions.
    Then again, I'm no bro lawyer, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

5 kids. That's a clown car.

do you really mean wwmd?
    sharia law.....stones......bye-bye

Hayduke Aug 7,1996 GS-Aug 26 2010
    HunterS March 17 09-Oct 24 14

You're in the right. She and the facebook douche are in the wrong. No guilt on your part. You ruined nothing, she ruined everything. 5 kids and she get the feeling that she never wanted the kids now? F'in physco.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

Do you really even need to ask this question?

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    If she should be pissed off at any one it's the idiot posting the declaration on her facebook page. No point being pissed at him there since she's currently enamoured with his 'love muscle'. it all makes perfect sense, so it must be your fault since you are the one that read it on the wildly popular and totally public facebook page.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

"I can't believe you told him about XXX declaring his love for me on my facebook page."

"I can't believe you're a fucking whore who is bailing on her children just to get some strange cock."

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Sounds like he's dealing with it better than many...and i'm sure he appreciates your support...
    He is doing pretty well considering. When she first told him she was "no longer in love with him" and that she was trapped in a life she didn't want, he rightfully went off the deep end for a few days. Then, he pulled his shit together and deceided he was a father first and was responsible for making his kid's journey through this as easy as he could. He's a real step up type of guy and this might all come crashing in on him one day. But for the moment he's keeping the focus on the one thing he can have an impact on, the kids.

I'm more disappointed in his wife than I am angry. Every parent has their moments when they second guess the path they took. Hell everytime I see a great TR from some of you I think back to my decision to get back to the midwest, start the career, and settle down. But then my kids come running through and ask me (in July!!!) if we can go out to the garage and tune skis and I forget all about living the "dream" and think I did the right thing. I frankly don't understand how a parent just up and walks, let alone a mom. Fortunately for these kids there is a Dad committed to doing whatever it takes to raise some great kids.
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    "I can't believe you told him about XXX declaring his love for me on my facebook page."
    ."
    I just want to make clear , there is no "_er" ... SO, XXX is not me

And NO ,IMO the OP should mind his own fucking business

IN GENERAL ,when buddy splits up with his S.O. you don't go and say "you are better off " or "sally was a whore anyway " you keep your fucking mouth shut

and why would this be ?

because they could get back together

and then YOU are the asshole cuz you said all that nasty shit about sally-the-whore ...let them work it out themselves