Moving up from 183 Bro

All - I've done a ton of research in this forum, but could use a little extra advice on the skis I'm considering. There are so many skis out there, I find the whole process a bit daunting.
    Right now, my primary ski is the 183 Bro Softs. Here are the things I like about them: they are light, lively and snappy. Good in most conditions I throw at them, including tight trees and bumps.
    I do wish they were a little better at carving (I still really like laying trench) - I find I have to really get them up on edge and have to do way more steering than I'd like once they're on edge. They have a fairly mild shape - 125-99-114. Would also like them to be stiffer and wider. I remember almost losing it when cranking super-g turns down Kachina in un-touched wind-buff. They could have been a little stiffer.
    So, I'm moving up (as in bigger) in the world. I am looking at skis that are just as light and lively, but that are a little bit stiffer, wider and better at laying trench on the occasional groomer. About me - live in NYC, ski mostly Magic and MRG - where I will probably stick to my 183 Bros and other more racy-type skis. Will be using my new skis for trips out west (planned trips include altabird and silverton), but would probably use in the east if touring or on deeper days. I'm 6'4", ~190lbs (so tall and lanky). Fairly aggressive, but not super-powerful.
    Here are the skis I'm considering:

Llasa Pow Carbons (186 or 196 for my height/weight/style?)
    Moment Bibby Pro (186 or 190?)
    Volkl Gotama

Also have considered the various K2's (obsethed, sidestash, darkside).
    Anything else?

Would appreciated any comparisons on my considerations and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Disclaimer: 183 Bro's are the love of my life.

When you say carvy are you looking for something with a shorter radius (more sidecut)? If you feel like you have to do some steering, maybe that is what you should be looking for. Wider, stiffer, more sidecut. Someone else can tell you where to go for that ski. If you want to upsize your 183 Bro, look at a 191 Movement Goliath. Wider ski, similar stiffness to a 183 Bro with a tick in the stiffer direction (but also stiff underfoot, little softer in tip), and it has the same gorgeous 32 meter radius. I like that radius.

Other notes on the skis you looked at:
    -The Gotama feels dead to me, especially when compared to that Bro. The Bro is poppy and the Volkl is damp.

-I like the Lhasa Carbon a lot, it's light and poppy. However, I don't think you'll necessarily be laying trenches with the pintail.

-186 Bibby will be too soft. 190 Bibby might be the ticket. It is stiff underfoot and has a softer rockered tip. The tip may bounce a bit but underfoot the ski is solid and doesn't seem to have a speed limit. The radius is definitely smaller and it has more of a tail than a Lhasa for laying trenches on the groomed.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Thanks - quite helpful. Yes, I do mean a shorter radius...the 183 Bro turning radius is a little larger for my taste.
    I must say I like pretty much everything I've heard about the Bibby Pro.

191 Movement Goliath. Easy.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
    ...just as light and lively, but that are a little bit stiffer, wider and better at laying trench on the occasional groomer...
    dps wailer fits and has a bit tighter radius. pricey, though.

i wonder if a different edge tune on your bros would help them carve the way you like.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Asked this in the Bibby vs. Lhasa thread, but does anyone know which of the two is heavier?