Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-13-77

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    I had no idea Broome County was Binghamton. Listening now. Thanks for the suggestion. I've definitely underlistened to fall 77.

The other fun little game I have is listening to as many versions of a certain song as possible before I go insane. Fun to hear it change if you listen in chronological order. My wife and I listened to Terrapin a few weeks ago for nearly an entire weekend day - till she finally said she'd had enough. It was awesome. I love that song. Maybe the best love song ever written. Certainly the best about unrequited love.
    Haha that would crush my family. My kids were scarred by many fires on the mountains when they were young. But I think they’ll thank me in a few years when they see the light.

Check out 10-29-77 in particular if you haven’t. That show thru 11-7 is all top notch

Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    Haha that would crush my family. My kids were scarred by many fires on the mountains when they were young. But I think they’ll thank me in a few years when they see the light.

Check out 10-29-77 in particular if you haven’t. That show thru 11-7 is all top notch
    Of course they’ll thank you for it. Ha. We hope. My kids are 15 and 18 and they seem fine. Ish.

I’ll check out that run for sure. 11-6-77 on now.

Dudes, what in the fuck is going on here? Look at this ramshackle bullshit. Where is this?
    Name:  IMG_0081.JPG
Views: 466
Size:  157.5 KB
    crab in my shoe mouth

Jerry wore that sport coat during the summer of ‘88 but god knows who threw that sound system together.

Bizarre stage rig for sure, looks like 88 but could be fall 87 (based on the pic tag probably not). If I remember correctly, Bobby started playing the pepto pink modulus after Dylan gave it to him when the tour ended but no idea where this is from. I wasn't there but wild guess would be Oxford, ME maybe???

Found the info on pepto:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Si...%20rig&f=false
    Last edited by FussyDutchman; 11-14-2019 at 10:34 PM.

That’s not Oxford, went to both nights. Stage was huge at Oxford. And there was no building behind it.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yeah, figured that out after doing a little searching last night. Current speculation after consulting a few WC friends is that it's likely Irvine Meadows. Hoping to have confirmation from the source, found the photographer on IG and messaged him earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Dudes, what in the fuck is going on here? Look at this ramshackle bullshit. Where is this?
    Name:  IMG_0081.JPG
Views: 466
Size:  157.5 KB
    Definitely silver stadium 1988. I was at both years (87-88). Glory days memories from those shows... 88 in particular. Hell of a night

YouTube has short clip of 88 from the local news posted

Also 87 video is quality but only first few tunes

Just found that photog posted other shots on his insta from the same roll. Tagged Rochester 88

Thanks for bringing back those memories! Not a lot of photos from that show around.

^

Thanks dubski. I looked on his IG but must not have gone far enough back. I would have never figured it was a "stadium" show with the stage setup and that building in the background, looks more like an amphitheater show outdoors.

5-13-77

I was at that show and remember a backdrop on stage. I wonder if that was during sound check or earlier in the day.

It was a few days after the gate crash at SPAC.

Edit - this pic from that date seems to support a backdrop.

Name:  IMG_4550.JPG
Views: 402
Size:  73.0 KB

Also there is vid of the 87 show at Silver Stadium and there was a black backdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I was at that show and remember a backdrop on stage. I wonder if that was during sound check or earlier in the day.

It was a few days after the gate crash at SPAC.

Edit - this pic from that date seems to support a backdrop.

Name:  IMG_4550.JPG
Views: 402
Size:  73.0 KB

Also there is vid of the 87 show at Silver Stadium and there was a black backdrop.
    That’s a Diet Coke billboard in the back to the left. Little baseball “stadium”.
    I don’t think it’s sound check. I can’t post pics now for some reason but eugeneevon on insta posted these shots.

Place is pretty small—some old images if you google. And If you look at the videos on YouTube of 87 vs 88 you can see the difference. you’re right — in 87 they put up a backdrop.

Friend just sent me this one on his Plex server, tasty little treat

https://archive.org/details/gd78-11-...1-17-78t07.shn

Definitely silver stadium 1988. I was at both years (87-88). Glory days memories from those shows... 88 in particular. Hell of a night

YouTube has short clip of 88 from the local news posted

Also 87 video is quality but only first few tunes
    Wow, I was at those shows and don't think I could've identified this pic. Strong memory skillz!

Super fun shows

That's definitely a top 5 week in the bands history. That whole fall 77 is kickass.

^^^

Heard back from the guy who took the photo, interesting comments below from Cutler on the stage setup. I'll bet Parish would have the story on the oddball equipment/stage setup.

It’s from Rochester 1988. I showed this to John Cutler and he had no idea what that stack behind the stage was about. Didn’t think it was the Dead’s.

For today's listening pleasure some early Brent, monster of a 2nd set.

https://archive.org/details/gd1979-1....112163.flac16

for those who are up on their current memes, this was funny

Name:  catmeme_dead_jgb_4cfe790c0e6d94ddfe5e624a9bb335cdfed1ed29.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  49.4 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This is pretty cool, Bobby isolated for the whole show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLV-73VF6Tg

That’s a Diet Coke billboard in the back to the left. Little baseball “stadium”.
    I don’t think it’s sound check. I can’t post pics now for some reason but eugeneevon on insta posted these shots.

Place is pretty small—some old images if you google. And If you look at the videos on YouTube of 87 vs 88 you can see the difference. you’re right — in 87 they put up a backdrop.
    I don’t remember the stage, but I remember Green Onions!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    This is pretty cool, Bobby isolated for the whole show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLV-73VF6Tg
    Very interesting, thanks for posting.

There are a few of those isolated Weir guitar tapes floating around from different eras. Really cool stuff! Thx for posting.

I'm not going to dig back to see if this has been posted yet, but if you haven't checked out the "All the Years Live" series on Utoob, there are some great tunes involved.

This was a fun summer tour and maybe the last of the great ones. Not sure what effects Bobby is wailing out during Help/Slip (Jerry seems to be chuckling at him) but the smile to Bruce at the beginning of Franklins is awesome.

Oh cool does this mean there’s an alternate recording out there with a Bobby delete? Where??

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have been saying for years I want all of the shows with a Donna delete.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident