Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-13-77

That would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

ha MMP was a pioneer of this movement and has been calling for it for years, hard to imagine modern technology can't afford us this opportunity

speaking of quick fixes , this popped up on my radar lately - Garcia blazing away in the arena!

10/17/83

Now now boys. Don’t hate. I like me a good Donna show from time to time. Chicago 76 comes to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    ha MMP was a pioneer of this movement and has been calling for it for years, hard to imagine modern technology can't afford us this opportunity

speaking of quick fixes , this popped up on my radar lately - Garcia blazing away in the arena!

10/17/83
    10/11/83 was a scorcher.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Just ran across this a week or so ago. Name:  7205222d62a963e39e35eec97165d851.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  69.9 KB

Speaking of 10/11/83, this photo was taken during St Stephen by a touring friend who passed in 92, hangs in my office to remember him by. RIP Kip
    Last edited by FussyDutchman; 12-13-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Nice! 10/11/83 is burned in my brain. I've probably posted here about it before, but I was in high school, it was my second show, was on the floor, and St. Stephen was my absolute favorite song. And I was too young and naive to know that my chances of hearing it played live were practically zero. Until my buddy told me. So, when in the middle of space I heard St Stephen notes I was like "that sure sounds like St Stephen, but it can't be, my buddy said they never play it." Well, imagine my surprise.

That place fucking erupted.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

5-13-77

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Nice! 10/11/83 is burned in my brain. I've probably posted here about it before, but I was in high school, it was my second show, was on the floor, and St. Stephen was my absolute favorite song. And I was too young and naive to know that my chances of hearing it played live were practically zero. Until my buddy told me. So, when in the middle of space I heard St Stephen notes I was like "that sure sounds like St Stephen, but it can't be, my buddy said they never play it." Well, imagine my surprise.

That place fucking erupted.
    Your second show was that St Stephen. That's phenomenal. What an experience.

Reminds my of my lovely wife's intro - her first show ever was 10-9-89 Warlocks in Hampton. Dark Star breakout, plus Attics breakout. Place went absolutely ape shit (and this is a super charged arena to start with) and she has no idea what the fuck is going on, she just knows she's in heaven. I was not there, and can't even imagine what that was like.

The hook was immediately set for life.

From a Relix link:
    On Dec. 10, 2019 Jerry Garcia’s “alligator” guitar – which was gifted to the guitarist by Graham Nash and saw the Grateful Dead leader through many shows from May 1971 to late 1973, including the entirety of Europe ’72 – sold at auction for $420,000.

The bidding took place via phone and the buyer is a filmmaker/guitar collector named Andy Logan.
    According to the press release, Logan was set to end his bidding at $400,000 but when he was asked, “It’s 420 to you,” he couldn’t help but answer, “I guess I have to say ‘yes’ to 420.”

Thankfully, Logan is kind with his guitar library, regularly loaning them to members of Dark Star Orchestra, Phil Lesh & Friends and more.As per a press statement, “If Andy has anything to say about it, the music will never stop.”
    Watch Garcia wield his Alligator through an entire Europe ’72 performance in Denmark (4/17/72) below:

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Your second show was that St Stephen. That's phenomenal. What an experience.

Reminds my of my lovely wife's intro - her first show ever was 10-9-89 Warlocks in Hampton. Dark Star breakout, plus Attics breakout. Place went absolutely ape shit (and this is a super charged arena to start with) and she has no idea what the fuck is going on, she just knows she's in heaven. I was not there, and can't even imagine what that was like.

The hook was immediately set for life.
    Heh, I can imagine exactly what that was like. Because I was there. And holy shit that show was in-fucking-credible. You didn't even mention the Death Don't Have No Mercy, which was my personal highlight.

But what's funny is that I think that Hampton show is part of what un-hooked me, sort of. The shows I saw after it were just not as good and it didn't feel like they would ever get back to that, and I was already getting tired of the scene (entitled dirtbags), so I saw my last show less than a year later.

For that Warlocks show I snuck in a $100 bottle of wine, some Brie and crackers in my taping kit. During dark Star I was sipping on this in a coffee cup. Will remember forever.
    I too lost interest, but Brent’s death was pretty much the end. Did the Europe tour after he died, but my last show was Knickerbocker sometime in ‘91 IIRC.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    For that Warlocks show I snuck in a $100 bottle of wine, some Brie and crackers in my taping kit. During dark Star I was sipping on this in a coffee cup. Will remember forever.
    I too lost interest, but Brent’s death was pretty much the end. Did the Europe tour after he died, but my last show was Knickerbocker sometime in ‘91 IIRC.
    Goddamn it. Was everyone there but me?

Is anyone going to the free Hunter tribute show in Woodstock tonight? I was all teed up to go and the wife threw a wrench in the works

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Fucking trust-funder, take a lap.
    crab in my shoe mouth

The wine was a gift for doing the taping, beater.

Ok, Donna haters. I just watched TGR's Fire on the Mountain (totally awesome, by the way) and when Donna started wailing into Playing in the Band I got the chills. It was tremendous. Loved it.

Also, watch the movie. Seeing ripping skiers shredding stuff while the Dead went off was superhappytime for sure. Terrific.

I heard Donna recently on Tales Of The Golden Road, and she called Donna fans

“Who, those crazy people?”

Ganz and Lambert laughed

5-13-77

Is this from ‘78? I love 1978
    Bobby has cocaine eyes, and JerBear is a total puddle!
    Name:  IMG_0003.JPG
Views: 333
Size:  87.3 KB
    crab in my shoe mouth

You got, cocaine eyes...yeah you got speed freak jive.

Dead cover the Stones - 1980

https://youtu.be/tbJlVHyc_6I" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://<a href="https://youtu.be/tbJ...bJlVHyc_6I</a>

Man, Keith looks a little krisp.
    Love 1978
    Name:  IMG_0009.JPG
Views: 294
Size:  133.2 KB
    crab in my shoe mouth

Sweater weather
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0018.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	242.1 KB 
ID:	311082
    crab in my shoe mouth

Boy did ya see that setlist from last night? Woof. Gonna have to give that a listen later.

1976 is the most underrated year.

Phil says, “You can trust Jerry, Mickey. Do it!”

Name:  IMG_4867.JPG
Views: 246
Size:  112.3 KB