Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-13-77

Do you need a 'premium' subscription?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Today's midday selection was solid on Sirius/xm. Been played before but great. Hampton col 5/8/89.
    Last edited by schwerty; 02-20-2014 at 11:07 AM.

37 years ago tonight Terrapin Station makes its debut, along with Estimated Prophet. Jerry was on fire

https://archive.org/details/gd77-02-...752.sbeok.shnf

Counting stars by candlelight
    all are dim but one is bright

I miss tour. Endless caravan of vdubs and heads. Sigh....

spook Guest
    Name:  sun-JJs.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  20.4 KB

i was always a little sad at the end of every show because i never knew when it would be the last

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    37 years ago tonight Terrapin Station makes its debut, along with Estimated Prophet. Jerry was on fire

This one is treating me right today. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post

play "california"!

Story teller makes no choice, soon you will not hear his voice, his job is to shed light, no to master!

That was my senior quote,...... had I graduated! hah!

Fuck em all!

hahah

Swingin to the swing! beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Story teller makes no choice, soon you will not hear his voice, his job is to shed light, no to master!

That was my senior quote,...... had I graduated! hah!

Fuck em all!

hahah

Swingin to the swing! beauty!
    Love it, I used
    Patience runs out on the junkie
    The dark side hires another soul
    Did he steal his fate or earn it?
    Was he force fed, did he learn it?

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    Name:  sun-JJs.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  20.4 KB

i was always a little sad at the end of every show because i never knew when it would be the last
    at least you were smart enough to catch a show...one of my bigger regrets in the concert department...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

spook Guest
    50+ and i felt stupid for missing them for so long and i grew up in fucking eugene. i remember sitting in my parents basement watching mtv in the middle of the night when touch of grey came on. it felt groovy, and the whole video just kinda made me wonder, but not enough to do anything about it. in a shockingly short time later, i was tripping my brains out to jimmy cliff, robert cray and the dead in autzen and i saw them as often as i could on the west coast with a stop in denver.

honestly, i can't believe a person of your getaround never made it to one.

Statements just seem Vague at last!!!

Yeah! have a great day freaks!!

A rare and different tune!!

Anyone caught a Ratdog show with this new line up? I'm going to hit the Chicago and Milwaukee shows next weekend. Listened to some of the aud stuff on archive and heard a few sbd tunes on Tales. Sounds good. Interesting with two bass players. Doesn't seem all that tight but I'm not expecting that. Any opinions so far? Anybody going to either of those shows next weekend?

just passed on a free ticket in my hometown, bobby just doesnt do anything for me now.

I can understand that. Still does for me. Vocals anyway. Guitar.....not so much anymore! All the guys have put together interesting and refreshing ways to hear the music IMO. It's not the same but I like seeing the new folks involved, their ability and passion for it.

spook Guest
    i was just shocked by how old everybody was. felt like a culture receded in a way. then again, when i grew up in eugene, there were boatloads of vw campers and bugs and no bazillion dollar football program.

last time through it was $50 i think and i thought, sorry guys, i gave more than i had for a good run. i'm hoping dso is still playing when my son is a little older so he might get a little taste. i haven't even been willing to see them yet but my best and best dead friend loves them.

i've spent several years on the dead archive and i still listen to dead air. that's how i get my fix.

Saw them Wednesday, best bobby show I've seen. The roster is stacked, other one was filthy.

https://archive.org/details/ratdog2014-02-26.nickspicks

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Saw them Wednesday, best bobby show I've seen. The roster is stacked, other one was filthy.

https://archive.org/details/ratdog2014-02-26.nickspicks
    Thx. I've heard they are getting better every show. Pretty fired up for a couple nights.

Not really Dead per se, but there is some hot shit in here from some legendary musicians just hanging out, getting high, and fucking around. Garcia, Lesh, Mickey, Kreutzman, Crosby, Nash, Cassady, Jorma, Kantner, Slick, etc... Some cool early sketches of Loser, Mountain Song is cool, and the two versions of Jorma and Jerry's jam are fire.

track list from youtube
    Kids and Dogs
    Jorma & Jerry's Jam v1
    Mountain Song (v 2&3)
    Loser (Versions 1-4)
    Mountain Song (v4)
    Eep Hour
    Jorma & Jerry's Jam v2

Ive been listening to the Garcia Live Vol. 3 a lot December 14-15, 1974 all day. Legion of Mary shows with a haunting version of "The Night They Drove Old Dixon Down". This is one of all time favorite songs, and Jerry just kills it. The Boogie On Reggae Woman opener is solid also.

Just back from a couple nights of Ratdog. The dual bass thing is really interesting. To busy at times but they did a nice job of complimenting each other most of the time.

All in all, two great shows, (Chicago and Milwaukee). Bob was happy and energetic, especially in Chitown! Go figure, he had quite a few senior moments but that is to be expected. They were not super tight but again , not something I was expecting. They played very well together. JC killed it in Chicago. This band is coming along nicely. Bob toned down the high end tones on his rig that he has been boasting for the last 4-5 years in all bands. He was much more melodic than he has been. It fit well with Kimmock's weird style.

Go see this group if you can!

^^ exactly. Bobby owes me a beer for some lost words and the victim.

The second set here is worth a visit, john k lends a hand

https://archive.org/details/rd2014-02-18.akg

I'll take a listen, thx. Heard JK played well.

Most of the time I am not one to listen to a show I was just at. I'd rather listen to shows I didn't make it to and come back another time to re-live the ones I was at. Thought I'd check archive and listen to another night of Ratdog for my morning office tunes. Ended up streaming the Chicago show I was at. Purdy nice aud! Very surprising as the sound in the room up front, (taper was in 16th row), was shitty. I was in the 5th row...couldn't have made that much difference but his gear picked it up well and the crowd noise isn't as overwhelming as it was at the show.

Worth a listen :
    https://archive.org/details/rd2014-03-07

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I'll take a listen, thx. Heard JK played well.

Worth a listen :
    https://archive.org/details/rd2014-03-07
    I just tried, it just doesnt work for me, I really tried.

then I went back to this>>>> https://archive.org/details/gd81-03-...473.sbeok.shnf

listening to the Stella Blue...