Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 5-13-77

spook Guest
    i was working in yellowstone summer of 90 and eugene being my hometown i had to made the run for the june shows. so 7 of us piled into my 73 westphalia and drove straight through after work. one of many things i remember from that show is some guy climbing on the stage and some enormous security dude literally piledriving him head first into the stage. it was a totally unnecessary act of brutality.

we had such a blast we were driving back through craters of the moon and we're like, fuck it -- we'll call in some favors and get our shifts covered and fucking KANSAS CITY HERE WE COME!!! unfortunately my battery blew up just outside the park and then it was back to work.

a month after that he was dead. a month after that SRV was dead. it was a tough summer. and i was in the park when jerry died, too.

hornsby murdered my joy every time. not that i don't respect him, but i don't care for his sound and i knew they were going to give him some room and then he fucking pulls out a goddamn accordion at mcnichol's arena.

okay, not murdered, but i would have been happier with just about anybody else. obviously, rough time for the band and it felt like they were trying to keep it afloat until something that worked settled in or everybody decided it was too big a loss.

i'll remember that show for at least 2 things: hornsby's accordion on acid that made me feel like i was about to enter a dark period and coming out of the arena into the freezing cold surrounded by dozens at least of denver's finest mounted police. never seen anything like that after a dead show and it cast a pall on a great collective buzz.

They knew you were a worthless asshole way back then.

spook Guest
    They knew they'd need more than one to take me down, too.

lets share the wine here. go away with all else.

5/9/77 on XM right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    lets share the wine here. go away with all else.
    I love you man

happy jerry day!

I hope some folks get to enjoy this on a big screen with a good sound system, http://www.fathomevents.com/#!sunshi...e-info/details

That's gonna be good! Closest showing to me is a few hr drive.

Anyone see Weir Here last night? Jerry tribute with Bobby, Warren Haynes and a bunch of others. I wasn't able to catch any...bet it was solid!

^^ridiculously good. Bobby brought his "A" game

Happy 71st big guy
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

i miss the big bear.
    happy-happy my old friend!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Happy Happy Jerry, this puff is for you!!!

Happy Birthday Cap't Trips.

A new Dave's Pick was released yesterday. Good show!
    Last edited by schwerty; 08-02-2013 at 08:06 AM.

It's Jerry week on the Sirius/xm GD channel. They have access, (through the family estate), to a handful of really nice soundboard recordings that aren't released. Mostly aud stuff out there in web land. Fun to hear some quality sound from the JGB.

it's a shame that veneta '72 will no longer be as easily available, it's my favorite. I hope the official released version is better than what has been available. it's interesting that they released it on vinyl. have they been doing that a lot lately?

here's most of an earlier (?) cut of the film that was released yesterday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UHpx72ifdE&noredirect=1

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    it's a shame that veneta '72 will no longer be as easily available, it's my favorite. I hope the official released version is better than what has been available. it's interesting that they released it on vinyl. have they been doing that a lot lately?

here's most of an earlier (?) cut of the film that was released yesterday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UHpx72ifdE&noredirect=1
    Gotta think the newly remastered stuff will be tight. Nice to see they are releasing the film with it!

an audiophile friend that saw film yesterday at one of the best sound system theatres in the bay area (emeryville) was really impressed with the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post

I have a nice lossless version from the Master Reels. Best version I've heard, let me know if you want a copy.

The movie was great yesterday, I really enjoyed the beginning segment interviewing the cast of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I love you man
    listen to the donna stylings on the scarlet -------- hahahahahaha for you hahahahahaha

then go back to friend of the devil>

hahahahahahaah - its like she bonked a tower!

http://archive.org/details/gd1978-05...126.sbeok.shnf
    Last edited by Aldo; 08-05-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamTRuTH View Post
    I have a nice lossless version from the Master Reels. Best version I've heard, let me know if you want a copy.

The movie was great yesterday, I really enjoyed the beginning segment interviewing the cast of characters.
    Thanks for the offer! I appreciate it, but i'm good.

I just finally gave a close listen to the version of '72 veneta that I have and it's a pretty high quality; crisp, strong, and balanced sound, no hiss, no apparent distortion, etc. i suspect it's similar to your version. i got it in the late 90's (wav files) from a friend who was housesitting for somebody important(?) in the east bay.

the friend was able to hook up all his coworkers with their requested recordings, all live and fabulous quality.

cheers

Tune in to www.tristudios.com tonight. Should be a fun show. Scaring the Children with Lukas Nelson.

Dave's Picks 7 is damn fine!
    Last edited by schwerty; 08-08-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Dave's Picks 7 is damn fine!
    That's always been one of my top 10, that show smokes it!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    That's always been one of my top 10, that show smokes it!
    I've heard it a handful of times but the mix on DP's is outstanding! Could certainly be one of the top 10 for me too.

8/27 bump