Wanted: More Beta on Atomic Blog

Found a few quick reviews in here but looking for something a bit more detailed. Sounds a bit like the Mothership to me, but thats just from the specs. Thinking this might be a good playful pow/crud day ski. anyones $0.02?

Yeah i've been interested in this ski too, but nothing detailed really comes up.

The Blog is totally different from the Mothership. I haven't skied it, but I have fondled it, and am getting a pair asap. It flexes medium in the tip, medium stiff underfoot, to medium soft in the tail. The mothership is just stiff ass balls all the way through.

The Blog takes a lot of it's shape from the Bent Chetler. It has a little bit of reverse sidecut in the tips and tails, but less than the BC. It also has rocker tip and tail, and a fair amount of camber. It isn't all that light, but I wouldn't call it heavy either. I think it'll make a wicked jack of all trades if mounted with dukes.

thanks for the info. havent had a chance to fondle the blog, but i can get it wicked cheap. im wanting a rockered powder specific ski, but i think the bent chetler at 183 is a bit too short. not that the blog in a 185 will be much better, but keeping the options open. might have to go with the atlas 192.

I wouldn't call the Blog or the Atlas pure pow skis. The Blog is more of an all mountain, everyday rocker, and the Atlas is more of a charging rocker. For a pure pow ski I would look at the Praxis Pow or Protest.

The one thing that really surprised me was how soft the tails were. They are SOFT! I think it would be a pretty fun and slashy ski in soft snow. And the stiffness underfoot would still provide edge hold when skiing on harder stuff. But it would be on of those skis that you have to be on it 100% on hard snow, if you got back seat at all it would wash out a bit.

anyone willing to weigh in.... the 183 bent chetler is a bit too small for a 6'2'' 170lbs dude. ive got hookups to atomic, K2, nordica and kestle. im wanting a rockered powder ski for deep days in jackson. would you go with the atlas? the blog? hellbents? or darkside? any opinions would be appreciated.

For those that have ridden the Blog, got any suggestions on mounting?

Alti, I would say the 192 Atlas would be the best choice for a Jackson ski. Big, stiff, bomber.

A long time creeper and jong would like to bump this thread.

Does anyone else have any more info? I would really like to hear from some people that have played with both the bent chetler and blog to compare them. One of the threads I read on here had two completely different descriptions of the skis (http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...highlight=blog). One person said the bent chetlers were softer, while the other argued the blogs were softer.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by altimusrust View Post
    anyone willing to weigh in.... the 183 bent chetler is a bit too small for a 6'2'' 170lbs dude. ive got hookups to atomic, K2, nordica and kestle. im wanting a rockered powder ski for deep days in jackson. would you go with the atlas? the blog? hellbents? or darkside? any opinions would be appreciated.
    sounds too small to me. i would go with the atlas, they look sick.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

I will say after looking at the 185 Blog every time I work at the shop that this will probably end up in the quiver this year.
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/