Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Key to the City....Celebrity Sighting

About 10 minutes ago in NYC, I am walking back from running an errand in the pouring rain. I have my umbrella up, and this guy steps up right behind me and asks if he can share my umbrella. Bit of an odd request, but I have a golf umbrella and there is more than enough room to fit 2 people. I tell him – No problem. Look to my left and immediately recognize the face, but choke on the name. He introduces himself: “Im Kevin Johnson – mayor of Sacramento”. As in – Kevin Johnson former Cleveland Cavalier and Phoenix Sun. We exchange some awkward guy talk (weather, “finally having a budget in CA”, why he is in NYC) and I drop him at the corner 48th and 5th so that he can go pick up a rain jacket. He hands me his card and tells me if to look him up if I need anything when I am in Sacramento. Should've asked for a key to the city.

Anyone else have a good celebrity encounter?
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

I met Steve at the VT 50 last year.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I've seen Harry Reams at the grocery store a couple times.

Stood at a urinal next to Mojo Nixon once. He was funny, yappin' away while we peed.

A friend of mine was sitting at a local bar here having a beer when a man comes up and sits next to him. He glances over casually, turns away, then thinks "wait a minute" and looks back. The guy (a local celeb) just grins at him, puts out his hand and says "Adam West".

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

It's really funny when you can't remember a famous person's name and get to watch them get peeved because they think they are really important and famous. my wife always gets into a quiz match thinking she went to high school with them. Didn't you go to Pali?
    Living in L.A. it's pretty common, I always think I met them at a party and was too drunk to remember exactly when or where.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I've seen Harry Reams at the grocery store a couple times.
    An Old friend bought Harry's place in prospector from him, he used to get creepy fan mail, oddly most of it was from women....

During the Sundance Film Festival we get a lot of celebrity gawkers coming in to town. I always think it's funny as you're strolling down Main St., these people take a look at you, make eye contact, realize you're nobody, then quickly move on to the next face in the crowd.

advres Guest
    I had a 10 minute conversation with Jello Biafra outside the Coolidge Corner Theater about 10 or so years ago (can't quite remember). At the time it was the highlight of my life.

Golf related:
    Buddy at work is playing in a pro am with John Daly. Buddy steps up to first tee and smokes his drive +285 yards straight down the fairway. Walks up to Daly and says "chase that one big boy" as a joke. Daly proceeds to tee his ball up on a beer can and outdrives my co-worker by about 50 yards.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam.

I got high once w/Harrison Ford. Same party my wife ran into Farrah Fawcett doing lines in the bathroom.

a while back, as a college exchange student in munich i had a celebrity encounter with one of the dudes from milli vanilli. another american guy from my exchange program and i had joined a gym in town named "reebok sports club" that was pretty fancy. half of the reason to join was the copious eye candy. there were plenty of beautiful model type frauleins all over the place, which was awesome to me as a then 20yr old dude. did i mention that this club had a co-ed section of the locker room area that included stuff like saunas, steam baths, eucalytus foot baths with heated marble bench seats...

anyhow, one day as i was almost finished getting dressed in the locker room some guy starts talking to me in english. evidently my bag, shoes and whatever else screamed "american!!!" i was sort of weirded out, just because it was a naked dude making small talk with me in a locker room, in english, but it wasn't until a while later that i realized who it was i had been chatting with. a story had popped up on the news about one of the guys from milli vanilli killing himself in munich, and i instantly recognized the guy pictured on the tv screen as the one who had been in that locker room. weird. my most famous celebrity sighting is a naked pop singer who killed himself.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Hong Jong Fuey View Post
    About 10 minutes ago in NYC, I am walking back from running an errand in the pouring rain. I have my umbrella up, and this guy steps up right behind me and asks if he can share my umbrella. Bit of an odd request, but I have a golf umbrella and there is more than enough room to fit 2 people. I tell him – No problem. Look to my left and immediately recognize the face, but choke on the name. He introduces himself: “Im Kevin Johnson – mayor of Sacramento”. As in – Kevin Johnson former Cleveland Cavalier and Phoenix Sun. We exchange some awkward guy talk (weather, “finally having a budget in CA”, why he is in NYC) and I drop him at the corner 48th and 5th so that he can go pick up a rain jacket. He hands me his card and tells me if to look him up if I need anything when I am in Sacramento. Should've asked for a key to the city.

Anyone else have a good celebrity encounter?

I hope he stays. He's a piece of shit.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I got high once w/Harrison Ford. Same party my wife ran into Farrah Fawcett doing lines in the bathroom.
    TRs please.

I saw champ bailey at the airport last week... true to protocol, with a hot white chick.

Quote Originally Posted by dRider View Post
    I saw champ bailey at the airport last week... true to protocol, with a hot white chick.
    He used to live in my building though I talked to him once ... seemed like an alright guy. Jeff Baker of the Rockies also lived there too and pulled some ridiculous tail - his NYE party easily had a 5:1 hot girl to dude ratio with at least 3 bottles of booze for everyone there.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    I hope he stays. He's a piece of shit.
    Shoulda asked him for a key to the tent city...
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

I've met more celebrities than I can remember. Most were tools.

Jack Black was cool.

I jammed out with the keyboardist from huey lewis and the news at a Hanuka party (I'm not jewish.)

In high school I smoked herb with the ceo of a major network tv Chanel.

Most celebs don't look half as good in person as the do in real life. The hot mom from full house was the exception, she was gorgeous.

Went to school with Oprah's niece and goddaughter who was a rich girl from the chicago suburbs who told stories about being so thugged out running around cabrini green starting fights with gang members. She tried to strangle a very nice friend of mine and threatened to stick my head in a fireplace.

I could go on and on and on.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Sat next to Steve Forbes on a flight once. Actually a nice guy in person. Also sat next to Joaquim de Almeida (clear and present danger) at a bar once in LA, oddly enough he was reading Forbes and we chatted for a bit. And my dad had drinks with Clint Eastwood at Steamboat back in the late 60's

edit: forgot about this one as we did not really meet, was at a SCI and friends show in MA back in 05 I think. Was in the parking lot drinking beers before the show and was cranking some Keller Williams on the car. He rode by on a bike and just smiled. I basically stood there and could not speak... since then I have heard he like to walk/ride the lots before each show to get the vibe.
    Last edited by hawkgt; 09-11-2009 at 04:28 PM.

I was at the Four Seasons Maui tagging along with my wife who had a work event there. I've got nothing to do all day except sit in the sun and relax, so I get all slathered up in suntan lotion (I'm pretty pasty), grab a newspaper and plop down at the pool. Get up to take a dip and this dude approaches me: "Hey, man, you've got black shit all over you." Me: "Uh, thanks." Turns out that the suntan lotion somehow activated with the newsprint, and the newsprint ran all over my body. Turns out the dude was Cuba Godding Jr., whom I didn't recognize. Thanks Cuba.

1. Julia Stiles dated a rowing friend of mine in college. Direct quote "Pete - There's def. 10 things I hate about you." She won us over on that one.
    2. Anna Paquin lived in the same suite as another friend in college. She had a constant stream of male suitors in an out of the place. When she appeared on true blood the response I got was "she's got tons of practice in being a whore who stays up all night sucking on stuff."

A friend from high school was college buddies with the blonde kid from "The OC" - actually got to drop his name at a NYC bar to skip the line and get VIP (back when the show was still on and the kids face was on every bus stop in the city). Really cool guy - amazing quantity/quality of tail that just hung around our group that night.

Also talked to Lewis Black for a while at the House of Blues (the old one in Cambridge). He's just as angry in real life and ran on about how his shitty agent/manager hadn't promoted his act that weekend so no one knew he was in town.

And waaaay back in the day I saw Donnie Wahlberg at a Friendly's.

Wow, the coolest for me was back in ~85 (? it's all a blur) I was at an INXS concert in Columbia SC. My buds and I were drinking all day long in the frickin' 104° heat ... the concert was in a huge auditorium with no HVAC, and being accustomed to more northern climes I couldn't handle dancing with the 10 or so gorgeous women at the same time (I love the south) past the opening band.

INXS started playing and I had to eject to find some air. I'm outside talking to some dudes having a great conversation, and then noticed they were loading a bus up with equipment ... a light bulb goes off and I realize the dudes I'm talking to are the same guys that were playing the music I was just dancing to.

Opening band was REM. Had no clue who they were before that day.

As a guide I had G.W. Bailey (Sargent Rizzo from MASH, and Capt Cole from the Police academy movies) on a white water raft for several hours.

Also 'skied' with Franz Klammer once ... well, we stood at the top of a run together anyway.
    Who cares how the crow flies

I met Shannon Elizabeth this one time....

Met most band members of my favorite bands (including Radiohead & Sigur Ros).

I saw Larry King at a play in the city. Man he is like 3ft nothing. Also saw that guy Alvarez from the HBO show OZ in the city one day. I was also in a parking garage where my dads office was in the city and saw Ed Lover standing there waiting for his car. NYC is a hot spot for celebs. I used to go to school with Susan Lucci's kids. Is she even a celeb ???
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

I've had to run Steven Segal off my property when he was rummaging for food in my dumpster.