Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 174
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Owens Never Sleeps
    You can still use a custom avatar. Play around with your User CP. You'll find it.
    I've been playing around with my User CP and now I've lost my custom avatar http://tetongravity.com/forums/image...ine=1074708791 and don't see where to get it back. Arrgh! Am I blind, stupid, or both?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Emulating the ocean's sound
    Posts
    7,017
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky
    I've been playing around with my User CP and now I've lost my custom avatar http://tetongravity.com/forums/image...ine=1074708791 and don't see where to get it back. Arrgh! Am I blind, stupid, or both?

    i couldnt find it either. good thing i didn't click on update like you. haha. (*winkle*)

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by basom
    i couldnt find it either. good thing i didn't click on update like you. haha. (*winkle*)
    I thought maybe that privilege had to do with post count, but if you can't see it with 1800+ posts, then that's not the case. Damn!

    I still can't find where to edit the "Registered User" text as well.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Emulating the ocean's sound
    Posts
    7,017
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky
    I thought maybe that privilege had to do with post count, but if you can't see it with 1800+ posts, then that's not the case. Damn!

    I still can't find where to edit the "Registered User" text as well.

    you might as well just up and quit the internet.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by basom
    you might as well just up and quit the internet.
    That's it. I quit. Bye.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Outside the cube
    Posts
    6,962
    I went in and looked at the avatard settings and I do not see where you can upload or change to a custom one...only use the pre-set ones. I tried the drop-down arrow thingy but that only indicated pre-set avatards.

    You sure you don't have to flip a switch there or sumpin' Owens?

    Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    I went in and looked at the avatard settings and I do not see where you can upload or change to a custom one...only use the pre-set ones. I tried the drop-down arrow thingy but that only indicated pre-set avatards.

    You sure you don't have to flip a switch there or sumpin' Owens?


    Sprite
    Yeah, come on Owens. Flip the switch...

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,140
    aren't these light pastel colors supposed to be out after labor day?
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Emulating the ocean's sound
    Posts
    7,017
    Quote Originally Posted by spanky
    Yeah, come on Owens. Flip the switch...
    so now you are quitting quitting the internet. quitter.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Kanaada
    Posts
    148

    Thumbs down

    I have to give the new colour scheme a thumbs down. The darker colours were so much more soothing. Plus from a distance it looked like the system I should have up on my screen here at the office.
    "the fattest of the fat." R.Veltri 1999.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Nowhere near Boner City
    Posts
    1,136
    Fuck, it's waaaaay too early in the morning for this. Warn me next time dude.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    400
    i agree with dave, this whole look is pretty epic. it was easier on my eyes to whore the forum with the darker color scheme. i like things simple, like me.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    the tinfoil aisle
    Posts
    1,427
    [QUOTE=everyone]avatars...avatars...avatars...QUOTE]

    thankfully i can still disable all your avatars.

    also liking the color scheme. now if i could only disable similies.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Shadynasty's Jazz Club
    Posts
    8,247
    Quote Originally Posted by road trip
    In scanning through a thread, the actual text of the post itself readily identifiable... I find my eyes going to thread titles / signatures / etc instead of instinctively looking at the post text.
    That would be my only gripe. The banner over each post is a bit destracting.

    I really don't mind the color. Thanks for the upgrade, Owens.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hanging out with Yodie and Grison
    Posts
    996
    I definitely did the when I hit refresh on the board this morning. At first I thought I was in some parallel universe. Or the Epic admins had hijacked the board.

    Okay, so not to be overly bitchy, but my biggest grip-the damn vBulletin logo in the upper left corner. Makes it a little too generic/commerical/corporate. I heart the old teton gravity header.
    A lot of people earn their turns. Some just get bigger checks.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Aspen, CO
    Posts
    2,122
    I liked the black, personally, but this might be more stealthy for work purposes. Now, to see if my avatar is there...
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Outside the cube
    Posts
    6,962
    Aw c'mon Bill a.k.a. Mr. Cranky...you don't like all the cute little smileys in my posts?



    Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    the tinfoil aisle
    Posts
    1,427
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite


    make it stop!!!

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    ...gone.
    Posts
    6,596
    Quote Originally Posted by mildbill.
    now if i could only disable similies.
    These similies are as sweet as a nut.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Emulating the ocean's sound
    Posts
    7,017
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    Aw c'mon Bill a.k.a. Mr. Cranky...you don't like all the cute little smileys in my posts?



    Sprite
    its only cool if you use the post icons.

    http://tetongravity.com/ubb/icons/icon2.gif http://tetongravity.com/ubb/icons/icon8.gif

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Posts
    4,346
    I like it. I never really liked the black.... found it hard on the eyes. I got used to it though. This really doesn't take an adjustment period even.

    Thanks Owens
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Posts
    1,540
    At first glance I don't like the white. The black was kind of unique and set the board apart. This one looks like every other message board. Maybe I can play with the settings and get it black, hang on...

    Edit: no option for black background. c'est la vie
    Last edited by shamrockpow; 09-22-2004 at 08:33 AM.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Nowhere near Boner City
    Posts
    1,136
    One day you're a confirmed addict and the next day you wake up a registered user. Just goes to show ya how in the blink of an eye life can change with no hopes of ever getting back what you once were.

    I guess I too had better just quit the internet

    (I'm off to go play with razor blades on the freeway of life)
    Signature removed for non-payment

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    46,848
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo
    These similies are as sweet as a nut.
    I'd say they are as cool as an autumn breeze.

    I liked the old colors better, but not enough to cry about it.

    But Owens: the search function does not work in the archives, making the archives kind of useless. What would be sweet and rad and totally cool is if you could post a reply to an archived thread and it would bring it back to life on this board. Is that a possible tweek?

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Emulating the ocean's sound
    Posts
    7,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoni
    One day you're a confirmed addict and the next day you wake up a registered user. Just goes to show ya how in the blink of an eye life can change with no hopes of ever getting back what you once were.

    I guess I too had better just quit the internet

    (I'm off to go play with razor blades on the freeway of life)
    listen broham.... i already called I M P A C T. GET YOUR OWN DAMN FONThttp://tetongravity.com/ubb/icons/icon8.gif

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •