WANTED: This photo/poster of Crystal Rapid in the Grand Canyon raging at 93,000 cfs!

Does anyone know where I can get this poster/photo?

I believe this is a photo of Crystal Rapid in the Grand Canyon running at 93,000 cfs and that it was taken by Curt Smith in 1983. I've seen it displayed in several shops in the past, but never for sale.

If anyone has any idea where to purchase this, please let me know.

What an AWESOME photo!

I figured that this photo must have been posted on TGR before, but I didn't find anything in the search.

I've seen it for sale,as a big postcard,at the (name escapes me) restaraunt in Mexican Hat,UT on the banks of the San Juan. Sooo,if your ever in the area....
    So local it hurts...

Haa,yeah thats the place. Fancy website...
    So local it hurts...

so is it just me or do those dudes look fucked?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Telephoto. They missed the hole by a mile.

Couple days later a few old buds hit Crystal. All commercials were walking. They rigged a triple rig, and styled it. Great pics, of the dude that knew how to rig it, Floyd, who made a poorly timed decision at the put-in to give away his smokes and beer. Floyd, at the front sweep, Tommy T at the back. Floyd...who spaced his PFD when he jumped into the triple...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by HotCarl View Post
    I've seen it for sale,as a big postcard,at the (name escapes me) restaraunt in Mexican Hat,UT on the banks of the San Juan. Sooo,if your ever in the area....
    wasn't there when I came through in October. I stopped and looked for it after reading this thread, but no dice.

I will contribute this, however. Taken within a couple days of the one you found. This was not a fun experience for those involved, including a few broken bones, and the sad passing of one gentleman. I do believe this was the flip that prompted the Park Service to force all passengers to walk around. Photos from JA, who went out and rowed a snout (small J-rig) safely through soon after watching the carnage.

Same rig, downstream...
    Last edited by powder_prophet; 02-08-2010 at 09:38 AM.
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake