Tedy Bruschi Appreciation

Looks like he will be annoucing his retirement today. Thanks for all your hard work Tedy, we appreciated it.

People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Love linebackers. Teddy's a baddass.

Great player, great story. Not a Pats fan, but as a football fan you have got to respect what he did in his career.

They'll probably bring him and Seau back in December.

much respect....
    great carreer &
    great player and attitue
    even though he played for a cheating over hyped slovenly coach on a worthless cheating shitty team that the NFL & the sports media constantly felated and favored, quarterbacked by a preening nancy boy and cheered on by some of the most loudmouth douchebag fans iI have ever had the displeasure of knowing (iceman, SSD & basom excluded of course)

You know Woodsy is pissed when nearly all his words are spelled correctly.

Woodsy is on your ignore list. It's too bad the Raiders couldn't convert a third and short. Charles Woodson should have been called for roughing the passer.
    Just a badass and a real professional. A guy who would blow up running backs and then help them up off the field, who played with emotion but never put on a show or tried to embarrass his opponents. Pretty much everything a football player should be.

As you can see from athe above, obviously my exclusion of Dallas (and the others) isnt because they aren't loudmouth douchebags, but knowing them has actually been a pleasure
    usually

I think of myself as a quieter, subtler kind of douchebag.

Instead of spending all that energy hating the Patriots Woodsy should spend it praying that Al Davis will die, and I'll keep on praying that he lives forever.

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving
    hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry
    fix,
    angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the
    starry dynamo in the machinery of night,

That's how they grow football players in Northern California.

Teddy is a throwback and far and away the best example of what a football player should be in my mind.

The guy has more heart than anyone, ever. He's a class act on and off the field, he never shoots his mouth off and played for pennies on the dollar- even when it was likely that it would cost him his life. That right there is a gentleman and an athlete for the ages. We could all learn a lesson or two from Teddy Bruschi.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

you guys can all blow him after practice
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Great player. Period.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

advres Guest
    I don't know if any of you care, but here is a 5 part web video series I did for AGA Medical with Tedy about his stroke. It's repetitive because it was intended to be watched individually as a part of a web series. It's super cookie cutter industry crap, but it was great working with him about such an important issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    The guy has more heart than anyone, ever.
    Even including the hole in it?

Too soon?

Seriously, great player, so smart out there.

Full tilt. Full time.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    I don't know if any of you care, but here is a 5 part web video series I did for AGA Medical with Tedy about his stroke. It's repetitive because it was intended to be watched individually as a part of a web series. It's super cookie cutter industry crap, but it was great working with him about such an important issue....

Awesome stuff, Advres. What a stud Tedy is, and those videos are nails. Nice work.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Awesome stuff, Advres. What a stud Tedy is, and those videos are nails. Nice work.
    Thanks icemang!