Page 54 of 227 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 5668
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinskier View Post
    I would ski the bibbys, moment has tough ass bases. Its the edges you will trash..though thats an easy fix.

20 min till vid is loaded on youtube.
    Zep please post a link. Grew up skiing there, but have not been on Uptight or Freefall in thirty years now.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Go take a look at Drew's face at Cornice Sports and ask him how soft that rock is, powdork. I hate that shit cause it'll rip through your clothes and then shred your skin, like a million little sword-wielding ninjas. Or ask gincognito. That shit ate his back. It's only broken a couple of my fingers, but I think Squaw's granite is much easier on skis. At least you can sometimes slide on it's smooveness.
    that shit will definitely fuck you up. i'm just saying it is a bit tougher on bases but easier on edges, though it seems easier to blow or pull out an edge at the wood. when your sliding on the granites smoothness it is often screwing up the entire length of the edge whereas at the wood you are hitting a small tooth or baby head size rock that will often break away
    but more importantly, i'm saying it erodes into a more downhill fashion without the things that your legs can get under. there is less variation right at the ground level as compared to areas with boulders and broken granite. i feel much better in the trees at the wood early season than i do at the heave.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1kjKxk5fa8"]YouTube- Bera Valley Dec 8 2009[/ame]
    you tube kinda fucked up the vid...

nvm

sorry about the song, i thought it was funny
    ! ha ha tell all your friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by GlimmerIII View Post
    Zep please post a link. Grew up skiing there, but have not been on Uptight or Freefall in thirty years now.
    i have no idea what runs those are.. but the names have even changed since I have been skiing there.
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

granite is easy on the bases not edges, and it the other way around at kirk...i guess.

oh and i skied the runs sugar and feather duster...

Feather Duster & Sugar don't look like they have changed much in thirty years.

Quote Originally Posted by GlimmerIII View Post
    Feather Duster & Sugar don't look like they have changed much in thirty years.
    Bear has a high speed quad where hybernation chair was, and thats about it...good old bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Dang, its f'ing cold here at Alpine. I'm camped out in The Dad's condo and trying to get the place warmed up. I may get a few turns tomorrow, but will be in training most of the day and have to leave for the bay by 1:30pm. If I get to HR in time, I'll have an orange jacket on. Otherwise, who konws - green most likely.
    I'll be at Alpine 1st thing in the morning. Probably ski until around 11am.

Nice Zep, really made me feel better about sitting at my desk all day!
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

ha ha i aim to please...thinking of dropping the rock on Yellow sub...ill have to probe the landing.

More vids to come

Bear has a high speed quad where hybernation chair was, and thats about it...good old bear.
    ha ha i aim to please...thinking of dropping the rock on Yellow sub...ill have to probe the landing.

More vids to come
    Back in the Day Pendleton, Dill and I owned that mountain. We would always drop the rock right under Bear Chair. It's wimpy by todays standards, but it used to be a big deal. The best (steep & deep) is out West Ridge (when open) into Flying Serpent, Other Half and out though Strawberry.

Have Fun and more Pic's

good shit today. snow settled quite a bit and we were hearing the whoompha loompa evvvverywhere but didnt see any natural activity nor could we get anything to budge though we didnt have time to really investigate due to pesky work commitments. didnt hit shit and these nextlittle storms ought to open up some more possibilities. some cold ridgetop winds were def moving some snow around but nothing moved even in uber-loaded areas. if we get another foot or 2 before we get our typical warm and stabilizing event things could be a bit dicey.

its official now.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Yes, chair 6 opens tomorrow and it will be sicko, for about a half hour.. I think Kirkwood wants to get that snow skiied asap
    And only chair 6. They can't get 5 & 11 to run this morning because it is too cold. Or perhaps this is a secret ploy to really pack the snow on the ridge down.

Do you know what they will have open off the top? I imagine the left of the lift will be closed, an the line at Lost Cabin. Is Sentinal to be open or are they drawing the line at Cham?

6 is usually the one that has trouble on cold days. I hope it gets packed up before the next storm.

The groomers on five are pretty hard underneath with all the snowmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    And only chair 6. They can't get 5 & 11 to run this morning because it is too cold. Or perhaps this is a secret ploy to really pack the snow on the ridge down.

Do you know what they will have open off the top? I imagine the left of the lift will be closed, an the line at Lost Cabin. Is Sentinal to be open or are they drawing the line at Cham?

Too COLD?!?!?!? Fer crimminy's sake, it's WINTER, their whole reason for existence is FROZEN water!! Next thing you know, the dams beer taps will fail because (whiny 2 year old voice) "it's tooooo cooooold". Last night wasn't even as cold as the night before! GAAAAAAAAAAA!! Throw some TARP money at it fer God's sake!

It is wicked cold! Not complaining, just saying.
    Last edited by RaccoonFace; 12-09-2009 at 11:25 AM.
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    can't see chair 11 on the webcam, but 5 is running.

Gotcha beat RF. Minus 22 at work today (north 'o Truckee)
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

what's weird is that Monday felt colder'n Tuesday to me, even though technically it was the other way around.

oh yeah, Vets & me slayed some freshies @ NS yesterday, banged a few sharks, and then skied almost all the way back to the cars. TR forthcoming.

conditions were nice, soft, true packed powder with hidden stashes of fluff (Vets scored and got first tracks on a number of lines that had been closed when he arrived at 11, but then opened shortly thereafter). . we enjoyed the beejeebus outta our Lhasas and Spats, that's for sure.

and yeah, it's still cold, at least for a flatlander such as myself.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Anyone been in the Waterhouse Peak/Carson Pass area? How's the coverage up there? Any other bc places with good coverage right now in the south lake area? Thanks.

carson has good coverage, i am betting waterhouse does not yet with the snow being so light. i am considering a little recon, even though i always regret going too early.

I just got this email from a friend who picked up his new 185 Praxis this week:

skied on the praxis today, they were fantastic. they opened the top of kirkwood today, so i made fresh tracks through waist high pow.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Summit @ Alpine

Alpine just announced on their facebook that Summit will turn tomorrow. Good news for the locals. Go pack that action down for us... bring your rock skis.

-Adam

Quote Originally Posted by abertsch View Post
    Alpine just announced on their facebook that Summit will turn tomorrow. Good news for the locals. Go pack that action down for us... bring your rock skis.

-Adam
    yup, i just got a text update as well: "summit six opens tomorrow!"

hopefully these next storms will set us up with a wetter/thicker base and we can put away the rocks skis. be careful out there.

Quote Originally Posted by freshies View Post
    yup, i just got a text update as well: "summit six opens tomorrow!"

hopefully these next storms will set us up with a wetter/thicker base and we can put away the rocks skis. be careful out there.

Well a big FUCK YEAH to more terrain opening and noaa predicts this:
    AS SNOW LEVELS WILL STRUGGLE TO RISE ABOVE 5000 FEET.
    SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL IS LIKELY IN THE SIERRA THIS WEEKEND