Page 32 of 227 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Completely unacceptable! The thread was on page 2!

On another note, although the storm at this point is predicted to be significantly weaker than was said before.
    By tomorrow this will be downgraded to an advisory and by the time the storm actually gets here we will be lucky to squeeze a "trace" out of it.

Buy your tickets to whistler as that is where all of the Tahoe snow is dumping.

Anyone what to go mountain biking this weekend?
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Well, interestingly enough, they have changed the watch to a warning. Which historically means it will at least get cloudy....

Anti-Jinx mode on. Here's the latest:

TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 8 TO 16 INCHES ARE EXPECTED ABOVE 7000 FEET ALONG THE SIERRA CREST... WITH THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF THE TAHOE BASIN. 3 TO 8 INCHES ARE EXPECTED AT LAKE LEVEL IN THE LAKE TAHOE BASIN. FOR NORTHEAST CALIFORNIA WEST OF HIGHWAY 395... UP TO A FOOT OF SNOW IS EXPECTED ABOVE 5000 FEET... WITH UP TO 6 INCHES ELSEWHERE. LIGHTER SNOW AMOUNTS OF UP 1 TO 4 INCHES ARE LIKELY NEAR AND EAST OF HIGHWAY 395 IN EASTERN LASSEN COUNTY.

I wouldn't doubt that there is going to be snow.

The amount of snow has changed from 12-14" to 8-10" to 4-8" to 3-5". This is what noaa is saying. Where is another place to get more info other than noaa?
    Looks like the storm drifts off to the northeast.

Still happy for more november turns!
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinskier View Post
    I wouldn't doubt that there is going to be snow.

The amount of snow has changed from 12-14" to 8-10" to 4-8" to 3-5". This is what noaa is saying. Where is another place to get more info other than noaa?
    Looks like the storm drifts off to the northeast.

Still happy for more november turns!
    Yeah, the decreasing level is dissapointing, but somewhat expected, due to jinxing and what not

NOAA is pretty decent, it's what most other sources feed off of. There are some more directly targeted sources linked in the beginnings of this thread.

Sometimes I just give my friend a call and he asks his sister who is a meteorologist for the Air Force. Noaa, I am told, feeds off of what they report...who knows.

Get pumped!
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Pre TG w/end

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    post your plans so i can bumrush!
    With so little open, Maggots should be easy to spot.
    I thought you were "teaching" on the weekends at No-stars? (poor, sore, virgins)

It's a real shame the storm is wussing out
    Friday night sounded well decent!
    For a moment there I thought we might be able to break out the BRO's. Och well, look for us on Rock-Ski-Solly-Screams.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Noaa, I am told, feeds off of what they report...who knows.
    Wrong. They're independent of each other. There might be a bit of discussion back and forth, but NOAA does their own forecasting.

Read the forecast discussions, they're written by real people in the various offices, and they say things like, "The models are showing..." etc.

And where are you seeing the decrease? Sacto office is still saying 12-24 inches over the crest, and the Reno office is saying 8-16... which corresponds with the Sacto office's forecast area extending up to the Lassen/Shasta area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

And the Sacto office forecast covers the west slope and the Reno office covers the east slope. Rain shadow, orographic lifting, yadda....

If I want to know what will happen at Alpine...Sacto discussion.
    If I want to know what will happen at Rose...Reno discusssion.
    If I want to know what will happen in Truckee...look out the window.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by SCUTSKI View Post
    And where are you seeing the decrease?
    On the Noaa's Weather page, warnings and forecasts. Thats funny how the weather discussion page and warning pages are different? Though i click the area around Kirkwood.

Regardless theres going to be snow

NOAA's clueless, I'm road biking around the lake tomorrow. Leaving from Squaw at 8, who's coming?
    If things seem in control, Your just not going fast enough.

These guys sound like they know exactly what's going on:

Precipitation:
    Snow definite (100%) (14.707 cm. | 5.79 in.)

Snow Potential
    Expecting 5.79 inches
    http://snowforecast.com/AlpineMeadowsSkiArea
    If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

And then maybe, it will be like this. Or not.

Regardless, I will be on VCTs, with a grey coat and blue pants. Or I'll be on 187s with black pants and a red coat. I might wear my maroon helmet or my green hat. For sure I will have my Oakley Hi Blue, unless it is not a white out, then I may try the other pair.

Or I might just go for a surf and MTB ride. Not really sure. I guess it depends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    And then maybe, it will be like this. Or not.

Regardless, I will be on VCTs, with a grey coat and blue pants. Or I'll be on 187s with black pants and a red coat. I might wear my maroon helmet or my green hat. For sure I will have my Oakley Hi Blue, unless it is not a white out, then I may try the other pair.

Or I might just go for a surf and MTB ride. Not really sure. I guess it depends.
    But how many pairs of shoes do you own, dahhhling?
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Ottime you wana skin up to Round Top on Saturday? Skut? Ill be driving up if ya wana carpool.

Ottime you wana skin up to Round Top on Saturday? Skut? Ill be driving up if ya wana carpool.
    I'm down in a couple months when my leg's healthy.

Aren't you in Stockton or something?

Oh no dang how whats the eta on healthy legs? Hope its not painful.
    Ill be sure to take good pics.

yeah in lodi for now, moving up to arnold next week.

i'm down for round top elephant back on saturday if its eeeearly. gotta pick up the kids @ 3:30 back in tahoe. picked up the lhasas all mounted and shit earlier today so i'm now officially stoked to start the season.

anyone gonna be at the ski swap tomorrow night at mntbleu?

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    picked up the lhasas all mounted and shit earlier today so i'm now officially stoked to start the season.
    I envy you!!
    Ill be there early, 7-7:45?

Quote Originally Posted by ja_surf View Post
    Holy : Whistler Blackcomb breaks all time November snowfall record with 165"
    That's just not right, right???

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Round Top Monday anyone?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUTSKI View Post
    But how many pairs of shoes do you own, dahhhling?
    32 or so why?

Sure, but I'd also like to ski a bit. I doubtt KW will open, but if they do, I may use the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    i'm down for round top elephant back on saturday if its eeeearly. gotta pick up the kids @ 3:30 back in tahoe. picked up the lhasas all mounted and shit earlier today so i'm now officially stoked to start the season.
    So eeeearly for you is??? Like 8 AM? I can try to meet you an Zep by 7:30, but coming from SC, it might not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Round Top Monday anyone?
    Depends on how work plays out. I should know by today, but I may need to work to interview some folks. If I do not need to work, i am game for a Monday skin.

I might try to go up Sunday night and camp at the trailhead. Otherwise, I'll probably leave early from Sonora Monday morning.

sno-park passes required yet?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

snow report?

are you guys getting some?

this will be the first storm i've missed (with the exception of a few xmas storms) since 2000.... pics?
    Still waiting...

maybe.... not really. i want you guys to get nuked.

although i just started watching vids on the whistler thread and am getting pretty emotional.

i can't believe i need to "book trips" to go skiing now. luckily i'll be at whistler march 27th.

hopefully i still bag a bunch of squaw days too. i am a passholder still...
    Still waiting...

32 or so why?
    fag

Sure, but I'd also like to ski a bit. I doubtt KW will open, but if they do, I may use the lift.
    pussy

So eeeearly for you is??? Like 8 AM? I can try to meet you an Zep by 7:30, but coming from SC, it might not happen.
    pussy

Depends on how work plays out. I should know by today, but I may need to work to interview some folks. If I do not need to work, i am game for a Monday skin.
    PUSSY! (holy shit where is jongslaughter to do this properly).

7:45 sounds like a plan. check your batteries.

btw, there is an opening for a wedding coordinator/banquet sales position at a decent hotel/resort here in Tahoe if the missus is interested.