Page 73 of 227 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 5668
    Quote Originally Posted by QuikR12 View Post
    then found a super sick line with only 1 track lookers left off Scott. It required a little traverse back under that big cliff, then a quick bootpack to the top of the line, but was steep, fresh, and smooth, and some of the best i got all day.
    Were you the dude that was up there when I traversed across onto the line a little lower than where you mounted up? I skied that line twice that day, and talked to a guy my second time over there. Was wearing a bright blue jacket and white helmet.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

did one lap in negro canyon today.. nice 4 inches of uber dry pow was fun to make some low angle turns on
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by SCUTSKI View Post
    I'm still hating my life and want to get out with you guys. Ugh.
    Back to touring again - looking at the weather the climbing would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Were you the dude that was up there when I traversed across onto the line a little lower than where you mounted up? I skied that line twice that day, and talked to a guy my second time over there. Was wearing a bright blue jacket and white helmet.
    Yep, that was me, you came in right before I dropped and said whatup, skied the rest of the line out... I went back for it 3 more times.

anyway, whatup dood, nice running into you.

Right on man, I think we were the only two people hitting it. Definite money.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by 3snowboards View Post
    Anyone kickin it today @ alpine?
    I was at Alpine today. High Beaver was very nice 1st thing this morning.

I'll be at Alpine tomorrow. I'll be on last year Katanas w/ dukes or Lhasa Pows w/ Looks.

KW skied excellent today. Pali boundry was untracked boot deep at 4. Outer Fawn was thin and smoth on the ridge and the lower trees were knee deep.

Plenty of great pines to hit. Mid winter surface for sure. Got an inch today. Will see what comes in the evening and tomorrow.

Not sure about Heavely, but my Praxis may get used this week. I don't expect things to get deep, but it is soft.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    Teaser pic. Schralph booting it up Pickett. Not so much skiing on this outing (lots of skinning up and skiing down a fire road), but we summited and the views were astounding. That's the 88/89 junction in the distance.

You park in the Sorenson's lot or was that another maggot-mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    You park in the Sorenson's lot or was that another maggot-mobile?
    Hah! That was definitely my car if you saw it. Stickered up Yak box?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Sorry I didn't hook up with any mags.
    Very variable conditions.
    Things got fun when the weather moved in.

I got told by a park rat that BC skiing is stupid....
    I told him hiking up the terrain park and sucking ass is stupid.

Gonna get my first BC day in tomorrow. Ill try and get a good sunrise pic over the Dardanelles.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

still good powder to be found, mostly above 7,500'. been skiing tallac the last couple days and we've been skiing a lil bit of everything. great pow below the ridgelines on n aspects and 3-4" of blower over a supportable crust elsewhere. the chicks entrance on the cross goes but be sure to stay high right to enter into the gut. we didnt and paid the price. thinking bout gettinmg sum verts to throw in my pack for just such an occasion. corkscrew trees are real good on the upper half but a bit tracked and shallow down low. gate is lockd again if u dont have the code and its been changed since last year. another 2-3' and we'll really be in bizness.

my fam is outta town for the week so i'll out most mornings cept prolly manana for a rest day other then work. also been playing poker at harveys most every night taking money from the tourists soo if any of u are down there and recognize me say hey. i'll be at the 2/3 no limit

gonna be at kirkwood tomorrow with the missus. white helmet, black jacket and pants. not sure if i'll board or ski.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Gangsta conditions prevailin.

puff tha hydro-zen

sizzurp in tha steeps afta hours

face nord donna pizzeek

top a tha line wine line

technics

granite barrelz shoot first ask questions lata

shootoutz south of slauson

real sticky icky

reefer and beer

Squaw was pretty fun today. Pretty much lapped KT and Headwall all day, with a short venture over to Granite Chief. Skied right up to those lifts basically all day, though the lot looked totally packed, I guess everyone was waiting in the Gold Coast and Shirley lines, fine by me.

I love these cold temperatures, the snow was pretty soft all over the mountain, lots of untracked areas from the previous storm too.

Likely heading to Alpine tomorrow (might end up at Squaw though), anybody gonna at either?

<insert overly detailed outfit description here>

Granjero ITT!

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    also been playing poker at harveys most every night taking money from the tourists soo if any of u are down there and recognize me say hey. i'll be at the 2/3 no limit
    Ship it crucial you tagfish donk!

Rode Tallac on 26th but stayed on the bowl side as we were with a buddy struggling from the Bay. Pretty marginal in the trees just left of the hanging snowfield. Very wind affected. Obv some money spots lower, but need to go back and hit the east face.

Gimpy, what do you call the entrance to the east face where you take a right at bottom of the north bowl? I just call it the service entrance, but wondering if it had an "official" name. Not sure if you remember me, but I'm dude that joined you, bcr, and JT? last March and we all dropped cross on that epic day.

Two One Three in da 530, yo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by 213 View Post
    Gangsta conditions prevailin.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

while all y'all are out shredding the gnar (or pretending to in some cases :0) i'm out there on the front lines teaching the next gen of rippers how to sidestep and bust out some pizza love.

it's pretty damn rewarding to have kids who have never ever been on skis out sidestepping the bunny slope and straight-lining after a few hours and loving it because the line at the magic carpet is too long; they quickly learnt that they could squeeze in more runs this way, which was super cool. oh yeah, and they leave the hill primed with a smattering of G-rated dookey slang, as well.

that said, i'm jonesing for a free ski day something fierce (shoulda hit Boreal tonight since it's been snowing sorta evenly for the past several hours and they were starting to set up for chain control around 6pm over Donner Summit).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

fknyahh granjero back in the swing. always a pleasure and a chuckle

yah bg i remember though i didnt place your internet alias at the time but only after bcr posted up sum pics. the line of which u speak is "officially" the right arm of the cross. we were actually debating hiking back up it to get to the hanger after skiing the cross the other day but it too is steep deep and bony where it joins the cross mainline. now w/ sum verts it prolly woulda been cake but alas we were both w/o them. i thought i rememberred reading that they are no longer being made. s'at true???? i need a pair cause wallowing up in waist deep snow is just unfun.

snowing lightly tonight but its accumulating.

Skiing the Knar

With SchralphMacchio, rocking the black diamonds, skier style! Yes that's right, he may be saved from the dark side yet.

Here's how it began... I checked Schralph's blog link. "Meet me at 10 at 10, I'll be wearing a red hat, yellow boots, blah, blah... Ah, and uh, I'll be on skis for the first time." So, never one to let a maggot down, I schlep up 88 to document the slayage (or carnage). Sunday dawns overcast, a few flakes adding to the previous night's two foot dump. aside - I think 2" means two feet. I never liked those symbols - why don't they just spell it out? Anyway, Schralph wants to send it somewhere on KW's signature run "the Wall." It looks like we got enough snow to explore the chutes...

Bottom of 10 - Shralph grows a pair (of skis, and poles).

Rocketing out of once is enough, approaching mach 0.08

Launching onto buckboard - first time gelande competitor unofficially breaks the world record with a jump of 171 feet.

That's all for now.

loving the photochop slayage

went up to carson pass this morning for a dawn patrol. going solo, i was worried about slide potential.
    soft wind slabs could be a problem. even with a touch of tenderness, these soft slabs had a sandpaperlike density to them. :roll:

i hit the ridge just in time for the color show

then made some turns

then went to the top of dead tree bowl

this is not THE dead tree, but it is a dead tree

Rose was pretty darn good today: light dry pow which slowsly got a bit manky as the sun hit by 12:30 or so on the East Bowl. The Chutes were pretty sweet too.

microhuck

Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.