Page 104 of 227 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 5668
    yep. EJB programming in alabama beats endless laps of bottomless KT anyday.

this week makes me wonder about imminent resignation. did i really need to do this to remind myself that working blows?

my received texts indicate that there was a good yardsale on middle knuckle this morning.
    Still waiting...

You know when Clack shows up in the lineup, it's going to be a deep day.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

texts should be outlawed on days like this.....just my opinion

Sierra Avalanche Center reporting High above treeline for the leeward aspects:

http://www.sierraavalanchecenter.org/advisory

To quote from another quote on the Mt. Shasta Avalanche Center yesterday:

"Unusual weather creates unusual avalanches and YOU should use unusual precautions!" -Avy Guru, Doug Fesler" - Mt. Shasta Avalanche Center

stupid job.... making me stay here.... wanna ride.... deep snow.... stupid job....
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

Joining the ranks of those stuck at work today.

For everyone out there, or soon to be going out, have fun, be safe, and don't track it out too much????

the minimum offer i'll accept when negotiation comes around next month has gone up about 15k this week....

in all honesty i don't think there's a number that i'll accept anymore. skiing everyday is worth... well... everything.
    Still waiting...

To those riding today... I hate you die!, er I mean enjoy and post some stoke later. (common typo; keys are close together).

Texts aren't the problem in this day and age, its twitter posts with accompanying pics.

in the 5 day precipitation map, what are the units of measure ? Inches or cm of liquid?

Thanks

"skiing everyday is worth... well... everything. "

a-fucking-men.
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jahroy View Post
    the minimum offer i'll accept when negotiation comes around next month has gone up about 15k this week....

in all honesty i don't think there's a number that i'll accept anymore. skiing everyday is worth... well... everything.
    Look on the bright side, you have the national college football champs.

So we have waist deep pow & cold smoke.... pretty even right?

Mt. Rose today was great. Reported 14-16", skied like it -- relatively dry light fluffy stuff (for Tahoe), and the storms preceding yesterday's dump have left the base quite nice.

Once again, I had to leave to go to work though, just as the Chutes opened. Damn.

P.S. 196 Lhasas aren't as floaty as some other pow skis (Sanouks, Sumos), but they do just fine in pow, and rail through the chopped pow great! I like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

AKA is offline These meaasge boards suck
    Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    texts should be outlawed on days like this.....just my opinion
    conveniently my battery died this morning. no texts for me.

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    Texts aren't the problem in this day and age, its twitter posts with accompanying pics.
    Case in point: "@skialpine http://twitpic.com/z3ti1 - Yes, the skiing is that good!"

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    I'd rather do year-end reconciliations anyway.
    Funny, I'm doing the same thing today. Yay!!!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Reporting in from having just returned to work from Squaw to say that today was fucking super good and I'm stoked I took the morning off. Showed up at KT at 7:20 to get like 30th chair, typical junkshow of about 100 people ahead of me standing all over eachother, but the vibe was mellow. Early ups slayed McConkey's Nest, and yes there was a good yardsale down the middle knuckle. The snow was deep, and light. Broken Arrow went at about noon, but then it got windy and started snowing, dumping now in Truckee. Here we go again! I fucking love Tahoe!

squaw valley usa international mountain resort
    Cold smoke today..... Does not get much better. C2 and broken arrow opened by 10. Maybe Granite by now. Dumping again. More tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    P.S. 196 Lhasas aren't as floaty as some other pow skis (Sanouks, Sumos), but they do just fine in pow, and rail through the chopped pow great! I like them.
    I have mine at -1cm after trying the line. For me, -1cm is much better in deep snow. Float feels about the same as the Sanouk with the softer Sanouk being better at tight trees.

With the 196 mounted at the line, I felt I could not really drive the front of the ski the way you can with the Sanouk (or Katana) in deep snow. I needed to be much more neutral in my stance. Line = fine to good in powder. -1cm = good to great.

YMMV...

Note: Do to the original mount being 3mm in front of the line, the binding were moved back 1.3cm.

edit: take a look at this thread:
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161121"]196 Lhasa Mount Issue - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]
    Last edited by StormDay; 01-21-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Thanks for the heads up GiBo.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    in the 5 day precipitation map, what are the units of measure ? Inches or cm of liquid?

Thanks
    Inches...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDay View Post
    I have mine at -1cm after trying the line. For me, -1cm is much better in deep snow. Float feels about the same as the Sanouk with the softer Sanouk being better at tight trees.

With the 196 mounted at the line, I felt I could not really drive the front of the ski the way you can with the Sanouk (or Katana) in deep snow. I needed to be much more neutral in my stance. Line = fine to good in powder. -1cm = good to great.

YMMV...

Note: Do to the original mount being 3mm in front of the line, the binding were moved back 1.3cm.
    The center line on mine wasn't consistent from ski to ski, so I picked the one that looked better, measured, and marked the other ski at the same center. I don't remember what that turned out to be.

I didn't have any tip diving in the sense of submarining and tossing me over the handlebars -- these float just fine. My criticism (if you can call it that) is that in order to make these skis more versatile and less of a pure-untracked-powder ski (like the Sanouk is), they're stiffer and less poppy fun in pure untracked powder. The plus side of that tradeoff is that they are a lot more stable in tracked up soft snow, and even hold a decent edge on firm snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I gambled going to AM over squaw and I hit the jackpot. Everything open (all hikes except high traverse) and 0 lift lines. Fuckin' pukin' when I left at 12:50. Dropped in Estelle as patrollers were still busting trail across the flats. Orgasmic (and that was my 5th run!) Serious white room moments all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Meyer View Post
    Reporting in from having just returned to work from Squaw to say that today was fucking super good and I'm stoked I took the morning off. there was a good yardsale down the middle knuckle. The snow was deep, and light. Broken Arrow went at about noon, but then it got windy and started snowing, dumping now in Truckee. Here we go again! I fucking love Tahoe!
    Well Said Lane - great day at squaw today! I thought that guy on the middle knuckle was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    I gambled going to AM over squaw and I hit the jackpot. Everything open (all hikes except high traverse) and 0 lift lines. Fuckin' pukin' when I left at 12:50. Dropped in Estelle as patrollers were still busting trail across the flats. Orgasmic (and that was my 5th run!) Serious white room moments all day.

Don't take this personal but I officially hate you!

Damn it! I knew that I couldn't call in sick today so I was hoping that none of the hikes would open so I could catch them tomorrow. Oh well, I guess now I have to hope this refill keeps up enough to cover up the results of your orgasm! Friday here I come!
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."