Page 176 of 227 FirstFirst ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 5668
    indeed.......indeed

Good stuff.......left work at noon in Reno, and got on KT at 1:30. Managed 14 laps, and I am spent. Snow was good all day.....wind and flurries kept up all afternoon (with occasional pockets). Tomorrow should be unreal (but I wont be there).

Hope to get another shot a Palisades day.....was hoping today would crack, but not in the cards.
    Donjoy to the World!

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    ...let's go ski something not so chairlifty.
    I like the sound of that. After 5 months of rolling around a ski area, I am so ready for the spring ski season, because it's not so chairlifty.

and yet

Zep - looks like I'm going to BV tomorrow - PM
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Today was a day that reminds me, although I don't sit on a chairlift that much anymore, when I do, Squaw is the phucking shit, especially when its 2+ feet of double overhead blower...in April Hope everyone had an epic pow day and can catch some more fluff before the sun turns the oven on manana

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star View Post
    Today was a day that reminds me, although I don't sit on a chairlift that much anymore, when I do, Squaw is the phucking shit, especially when its 2+ feet of double overhead blower...in April Hope everyone had an epic pow day and can catch some more fluff before the sun turns the oven on manana
    Hey, Has winter Changed for Tahoe and Utah. I was just thinking about it.

Seems every year for the past 6 or so, I have had my biggest Tahoe / Utah Powder day in April. If history repeats itself this is just the begging of a big powder month.

Am I wrong.

i think i'm gonna try this tom.

Snow Flake Killer

Thumbs up Gentlemen, Raise Your Glasses in a Toast to April Powder!

April Powder! Oh Yes! Cheers!

Our "Scruffy Skittles Crew" got to ski Heavenly on April Fool's Thursday, and were at Sugarbowl on Saturday & Sunday.

I wish we had been skiing today (Monday) too
    Stuff wasn't really getting nicely filled in, and soft, and quiet until just before closing on Sunday.
    Thank you SB for keeping Lincoln running in the wind/white-out.
    A shame that Summit is closed, and hasn't opened in days.

Some weird "icy" spots around, all on the same "aspect", to keep you awake.
    White, opaque and rough surfaced. Could it have fallen as hail, and then clumped together?
    I guess the sunshine we'll be getting should make it ski-able (I guess "technically" it is skiable as pitted ice, but, you know...?)

We'll be at Alpine, on Wednesday, for either a corn harvest, or gloppy slops, or prolly some of both?
    Some old pow-in-the-trees would be nice though...

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Turx: I'll look out for you wednesday... hopefully the sun wont completely bake everything by then.

Sincecure: I was keeping my eye out for your jacket all day long today but didn't run across you again after that initial roundhouse liftline spotting
    If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

ok it is a go for me tomorrow - KW, Alpine, BV??? Who's up where, I'm down for a 10@10 if it is on, need a tour guide as I haven't been there for a couple of years!

Alpine could be fun... hmmmm what to do?

No backside @ Kirkwood today, so it should be brilliant tom.
    Snow Flake Killer

^ oooh baby fresh snow! I left you a VM ... you gonna be at the wood? I should be there. Packing my junkshow right now to head to SLT ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

alright, I think KW is the call... how do I find you crazy f'ers?!? Look for the yellow banana-hammocks?!?

edit: also, do people bring beacon/shovel/probe or no?

no banana hammock for me ... and I can't believe I am finally posting what I am wearing in this thread, but jeez it's my trademark so I won't be hard to miss.

Red jacket and a silver pimp stick. Anyone else with a pimp stick is just an impostor. Look out for the 8' 4" Nuthon in all black (okay he's only 6' 7").

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Won't be @ kirkwood, have to work so planning on early morning echo laps. The above picture has been haunting for years & it looks good to go
    Snow Flake Killer

Bear Valley was delicious today - only the upper mountain though. Griz is scheduled for tomorrow. Go get em TeleMike and Zepski. snowed on and off all day.

KW solo for me, mustard-y softshell jkt. - brown pants - '08/'09 bibby's/dukes and yellow tecnicas. Let's get it on!

P.S. any deals on tix?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuthon View Post
    Won't be @ kirkwood, have to work so planning on early morning echo laps. The above picture has been haunting for years & it looks good to go
    is that echo creek or is it further out south of the summit?
    echo creek has been looking pillowy and good but i'm guessing it's unlawful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Where is that cliff? Looks a bit large.
    the pic shrinks and flattens it. it's skiers right of notch chute. there were about 100 people watching, so there's bound to be some other pics. i didn't get the impression the spread eagle was intentional.

Damn it was hard to work today... Did I hear correctly that Siverado is kaput and the Black Widow won't fix it? Anyone else hear this?

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Where's Waldo - er - ZeppelinSkier

Ended up at Squaw today (perhaps against my better judgement; Alpine was reporting 30", was it actually 30"!?) and it did not disappoint. Why can't every April in Tahoe be like this.

Hit the KT lineup early and managed two laps of fresh before moving on to hit other things, such as the rope drop from the top of Emigrant into Granite Chief (I think I captured the Chinese Downhill on the helmet cam). Was pretty crowded for a Monday, but everyone seemed to bug out at 1pm. Started to snow off and on in the afternoon, maybe 2-3" had fallen throughout the day.

Received more confirmation that Silverado is done for the season (the part that is broke is supposedly fixable in a few days; Squaw doesn't want to fix it). It would have been $$$ today.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    is that echo creek or is it further out south of the summit?
    echo creek has been looking pillowy and good but i'm guessing it's unlawful.
    south of the summit! I would figure that echo creek is illegal because it's above the hwy.
    Snow Flake Killer

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    Ended up at Squaw today (perhaps against my better judgement; Alpine was reporting 30", was it actually 30"!?) and it did not disappoint. Why can't every April in Tahoe be like this.
    Yep - Alpine definitely skied like 30 inches of new. They called it 20" at base and that was very real as well. We skied easy to find fresh tracks right up until 4 pm.

There is still some nasty ice that no snow will stick to at the top of Scott's Chute and Juniper Face...otherwise Alpine is very delicious.

Felt bad seeing Sinecure in his pumpkin jacket teaching rugrats today...maybe tomorrow he will get a chance to do some skiin'. Will be out again tomorrow. Green jacket/Olive pants/Shoguns
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

^^^ BTW, your stickers really are on every damn chair, on Roundhouse anyways (this does not bother me). During the Sunday storm day I kept myself amused on Roundhouse trying to find all the chairs that didn't have stickers. You need to be more creative about your placement :P

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    ^^^ BTW, your stickers really are on every damn chair, on Roundhouse anyways (this does not bother me). During the Sunday storm day I kept myself amused on Roundhouse trying to find all the chairs that didn't have stickers. You need to be more creative about your placement :P
    LOL - When I am not riding on a chair, I am not thinking about stopping to place stickers.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com