Page 119 of 227 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 5668
    I didn't pick the music but it's entertaining

[ame="http://vimeo.com/9060002"]"Slaying Squaw" Tyler Boutelle on Vimeo[/ame]
    The commander of time

Dude, WTF? Drinking white wine from California is like skiing at Northstar: Don't do it unless it's free.

And even then, no.

T-Boz, though. That went down smooooth. Thank you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnB View Post
    Dude, WTF? Drinking white wine from California is like skiing at Northstar: Don't do it unless it's free.
    1. Gotta call BS on that
    2. It's a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Boz View Post
    Very nice, thanks for the stoke Tyler. I'm expecting more POV stoke from you and Miles once the ropes drop at Silverado.

Well Alex knows his beers, so I'll defer to yall's wisdom there.

But no, a $20 bottle from Fruili, Alto Adige, lesser Montrachet, Mosel, Marlborough, Galicia -- practically anywhere but California is worth spending money on. Or at least the same $20 gets you twice the wine, and the ratio goes up from there.

Anyway, that's just a distraction from the stoke stroke. Which is the point. This thread has been better reading/watching than the rest of the board put together these past weeks. Strong work Cali crew. Strong, strong work. We broken maggots are in yer debt.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    2nd time in a row ran into snowshoe'ers using skin track w/out ski's/snowboards!! I swear I'm gonna make a bunch of fake signs and post them across manzanita flat stating there are $500 fines for shoe'ing in the skin track. I don't know how with the gate closed ignorant d'bags still find their way out to destroy Tallac's skin track 2 days after a storm /rant
    You know... I've seen skiers in the snowshoer track. And I've heard of skiers yelling at shoe'ers, not realizing they were "messing up" the shoe track! Find a way to get along.

Not saying that's how it was at Tallac - Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by mikemcee View Post
    2009 - 2010 should be called the year of the Powdork.
    finally, a voice of reason in the sea of cacophony.

so we got to the top of Carson Pass and I says to gimpy i says, "did shralph ever give you a call?" he turned a shade of gray, and wanted to leave but i made him stay.

gimpy took the middle chute, buddy took the far left, and i took the face looker's right. down lower is where things turned from wind buff/re-consolidated pow to justplainpow.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Boz View Post

Tyler that was SICK.

Did Nik pick the music? I bet it was Nik.

T-Boz FTMFW.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    You know... I've seen skiers in the snowshoer track. And I've heard of skiers yelling at shoe'ers, not realizing they were "messing up" the shoe track! Find a way to get along.

Not saying that's how it was at Tallac - Just sayin'
    Yesterday didn't really matter much cuz about 3 new skin tracks were crisscrossing each other, but cmon dude it's common sense. Only reason I bring it up is cuz it's getting worse on that mountain year after year. I used to be one of those snowboarders w/ verts going up Tallac all the time, but I later learned to put in my own track straight up the ridge (booting is worse than snowshoeing). One booter can ruin the day of dozens of people.

"Find a way to get along."
    Don't shoe up the track or buy a splitboard. Ez game.

Lollerskates @ skiers "messing up" a snowshoe track. Can't happen.

t-boz that vid was sweet...and glad to see that little bit o rain didn't ruin the snow

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Lollerskates @ skiers "messing up" a snowshoe track. Can't happen.
    I think his point is if you lazily skin through a snowshoe track rather than break a new trail and then expect the next group of snowshoers to not boot the "skin track" you messed it up...
    A good friend would come bail you out of jail. A great friend would be sitting next to you saying..."but damn that was FUN"

Anyone skiied jakes in the last few days? Wondering how prevalent the rain crust weak layer is on the eastern aspect. Heard the rain level was ~8,000 ft around there.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Sick vid T-boz.....
    I agree ... and loved the drop & stomp at 1:37!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

So, given recent conditions........how good is Silvy going to be? I have some hurdles to make opening bell (meaning 7:30am at tram).......how much effort should I put in??
    Donjoy to the World!

I think Silvy will be damn good snow with an awesome show. But perhaps expect one first run down and a 40 minute wait at the bottom of the chair.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

I dunno, I think it's gonna be pretty crappy to be honest. The rain line was just about the the elevation of the bottom of the chair, right? I bet the first 20 turns or so from the top are sweet and then it's breakable death crust after that.

This could also be because I made plans to go to a show in Reno tonight and thus there's no way I'm making it back for opening tomorrow morning.

Ok 1 for, 1 against.......next vote.

Yeah, I think it will be good, and yes the show should be awesome. I would very much like to pull off a couple laps, regardless of crowds.
    Donjoy to the World!

[ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2726465#post2726465"]CA Wine Douchebaggery Thread[/ame]
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    Dude, we gotta hook up tomorrow for some turns. I'll probably be out by the afternoon. Just look fora herd of thrift-store burglers guzzling beers at the Chamoix?

Top of brokie was definitely heavy on wednesday, but still good. I think the top half should be good, and the bottom half would suck. I would still stand in line if i wasnt blacked out. I think that patrol would be busy on saturday with the amount of people getting in there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    Ok 1 for, 1 against.......next vote.

Yeah, I think it will be good, and yes the show should be awesome. I would very much like to pull off a couple laps, regardless of crowds.
    what's gonna guarantee first tracks:

1st Cable car or some other means?
    Straight-lining is the way of the West.

I suspect if you don't make the first cable car ride that Funitel to Gold Coast or Broken Arrow (not gonna be able to hit all the gates from here) might get you to some of the gates before the 'next' cable car.

Not heading up this weekend, so I am definitely looking forward to some chinese downhill footage.

Your best bet, and be sure to let everyone you know about this secret, is to take KT to Headwall, and traverse from there. It's called the "backwards double reverse traverse." This will guarantee that you will beat EVERYONE on the Cable Car and the Funitel.

Trust me, I won fifth place in the Fruitboot Downhill during the Pain McShlonkey open in 2003. I know my way around that mountain, drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    So, given recent conditions........how good is Silvy going to be? I have some hurdles to make opening bell (meaning 7:30am at tram).......how much effort should I put in??
    personally I think there will be small pockets of sweet goodness in the shady north facing shots, but the majority of it (anything south and east facing that got a bunch of sun the last two days) will be a poo yard . and those pockets of goodness will be tracked out in 30 minutes in standard squaw fashion.