Page 170 of 227 FirstFirst ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 5668
    But you didn't factor in the effect of chemtrails

the n-facing treed runs i hit in the BC after the Heav was skied out were the best i've skied all season. 3 laps and i wished for a fourth, but the day ran out.

tomorrow AM will be excellent.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    But you didn't factor in the effect of chemtrails
    If you check the recent infrared imagery of the west coast chemtrails are clearly exerting an upper level positive radiative flux divergence which is generating an unstable atmosphere allowing convection of coastal air parcels and subsequently enhancing precipitation. Global warming is also making the surface of the Earth much warmer and forcing the air at the surface to rise, expand adiabatically, and couple with the chemtrail-cooled air aloft to produce more extreme coastal precipitation.

I bet you'll have a hard time finding a supporter of global warming or chemtrails who knows what radiative flux divergence means!
    AL GORE

freshies had it right, Alpine was an 11 today. There were still a few of the "ofg's" cruisin' around ... 28 years ago today AM had "the big one", a life changing experience for a lot of people.
    Please feel free to join in tonight- throw on "Estimated Prophet" and have a shot for Jake, "Bern-one" and that "big" snow ranger that recently joined 'em.
    Like my kid told me on a real snowy, heinously windy day a few years back,
    "when the snow swirls real hard- sometimes I think I see ghosts."
    "if you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind..."

Quote Originally Posted by 213 View Post
    If you check the recent infrared imagery of the west coast chemtrails are clearly exerting an upper level positive radiative flux divergence which is generating an unstable atmosphere allowing convection of coastal air parcels and subsequently enhancing precipitation. Global warming is also making the surface of the Earth much warmer and forcing the air at the surface to rise, expand adiabatically, and couple with the chemtrail-cooled air aloft to produce more extreme coastal precipitation.

I bet you'll have a hard time finding a supporter of global warming or chemtrails who knows what radiative flux divergence means!
    AL GORE
    Not Hyphy enough. try again please!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'm the most extreme skier in my office. I'll see your III and raise you one level of radness.

some photos from today at Squaw
    [ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/unofficialsquaw/sets/72157623744924166/show/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/unofficialsquaw/sets/72157623744924166/show/[/ame]

5%. Nipple deep.
    More face shots than a valley girl.

If someones got a vid of the chinese downhill at shirley, post it up! That was fuckin ridiculous. 200 people straightlining thigh deep low angle pow

Best.
    March 31, 2010.
    Ever.

Top 3 of the season for sure. Blower, face shots til 4:30, and a 30 minute chair 6 breakdown to kick things off. Hit all the favorite lines for my last KW day this season.

Expect more pow now that I'm off to surf Asia and Australia for the next month.

did you get a new outfit or something?

Naw. Saw Supu. Did not see you. Great KW today. I tomahawked down Soul Searcher and fucked it up good. Goods to be had everywhere.

Not all sidecountry will be pristine. We hit the back 40 around 6 tonight. And it was deeeep blower. Energy willing the spur should be tracked before 8:30.

Ha ha! The joke is on all of you who went skiing. You totally missed out! I was at work and it was AWESOME!

MOTHER FUCKER I SHOULD HAVE CALLED IN SICK!
    okbye

EDIT: Anyone else watching Miles-D on "Is It Possible?" Hey Huck, you doing the 3D for that movie... Do we get a 3D ski flick next year?
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Viva Cesar Chavez Day! These two amigos were enjoying a stellar day at Sierra:

Where should I ski tomorrow?
    Man, skiing is the easy part.

"He does this, he says, because he can. I think there is a little more to it that that, however. I think he does it because he can, and you cannot." - PacRimRider1 about Leo Brayman

I am officially skipping work and going to Alpine tomorrow. If today was an 11, I hope I can make tomorrow at least a 9. It was a gaper move to miss today but a paycheck is something I cannot learn to live without...looking forward to another 9 days next week.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by freshies View Post
    best snow of the season this morning...BLOWER...hit Keyhole (first one down...delicious), Seldom, High Yellow, Arts...it was all good. Real Good. Blower face shots all morning and soft landings.

Promised Land was only funky snow I encountered, as that ice layer underneath reached up and spanked me.
    Untracked on John's Peril was probably my best turn sequence of the day. The bottom 7/8 of Seldom rocked hard too -- top 1/8 was ice. But the last run down the left side of Promised Land just before noon was truly money. Almost went to the Subway Cliffs, but the ice dissuaded me. Fantastic stuff, aside from a couple of icy traverses.

Down in the Bay Area Thursday, back up Friday.

And although I left at noon, I'd be very surprised if the hikes opened. Y'all should have a great day tomorrow.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Naw. Saw Supu. Did not see you. Great KW today. I tomahawked down Soul Searcher and fucked it up good. Goods to be had everywhere.

Not all sidecountry will be pristine. We hit the back 40 around 6 tonight. And it was deeeep blower. Energy willing the spur should be tracked before 8:30.
    i'll try and be ther by 7:45-8:00. will call as i leave town.

from chair 2 i saw some weird tracks in soul searcher and said it looked like someone had to boot back up it. Went and checked it out @ 2:30 and yop, you fuk'd it up good.

Last edited by powdork; 04-01-2010 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Untracked on John's Peril was probably my best turn sequence of the day.
    John's Peril?
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by ja_surf View Post
    Yea that was fucked, I was standing right in front of the rope going nuts, hands down the best run for me in Motts this year, all that snow had to blow somewhere. Boundary chutes in Killabrew were money also, first time in a long while I skied bell to bell, I'm pooped.

StopMakingSense working the Killabrew trees

Thanks for finding my ski under Powderbowl, made my day on Tuesday. Karma points+++++++++. It was definitely awesome catching up with you a few times yesterday. Getting into Mott + Killebrew untracked yesterday definitely added a huge smile on my face before work. 2 hours late

Bwa! which SS line did you hit? The one with the air that we did after Baby J's backflip a few weeks back? or the burl sketch one on skiers right into a rock that you had to avoid with no margin for error? I hit up the skiers right one and came out a little faster than expected.

Man yesterday was fun. Too bad shit got warm and manky in the afternoon

wishin' I was in Cali... Baltimore says "hi".

...recognizing places they shot The Wire is no consolation at all.

thats it...I am driving over to 88 next week....
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

So that's what you were doing standing in the middle of SS when Kush and I cruised by you, there I was thinking you were nerding out on the snowpack or something
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Like my kid told me on a real snowy, heinously windy day a few years back, "when the snow swirls real hard- sometimes I think I see ghosts."
    Your kid's alright.

Estelle delivered today (5 times for me!)
    Snow is holding up amazingly well. B.c. this weekend should be epic due to storminess and cold weather. Keep the sun away!

Picked up a spring pass for Squaw and a Silver pass for next season. Hitting Squaw Friday and Saturday. Alpine, Sunday and Monday (need to get a spring pass there as well; possibly a midweek pass for next year).

Anyone around for some turns? White TNF jacket (trying something new), Black pants, '10 Gotamas. Say hi.