Page 149 of 227 FirstFirst ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 5668
    ja -- is that jason shooting that??? thanx for posting that

Quote Originally Posted by jahroy View Post
    ^^ those guys don't sound like they know anything about squaw...
    Why's that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Four or five of those hours were spent between Alta and Nyack. Definitely up there for worst drive ever....

yeah i left at 4:00 from berkeley and pulled into tahoe vista around 12:30....

but the payoff was worth it the next morning at alpine..... met up with sinecure for a few laps.... did a few laps on sherwood... then took some of the best turns of the day coming down expert shortcut..... ran into UCL (good to meet ya) for a couple runs before we lost sinecure and his friends somewhere coming down from the broccoli tree.... fun day gentlemen glad to get some turns in with ya'll.....

the next 2 days were fun and soft with sunny skies....

the contest yesterday at squaw was fun to watch.... might have spotted some other mags, but was video-ing so didn't take time to confirm....

once that was over it was a few laps and then the standard 3 hour drive home....

more snow on the way....
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ja_surf View Post
    Yowzer. Skied that exact line several times - it gets steep just above Ralston Lake where it popped. Probably the two most commen places I've seen big natural slides in Desolation are North side of Ralston and Mount Price.

good thing i didn't listen to this guy
    SO THE BEST PRECIPITATION WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE FLOW TURNS MORE SOUTHWEST AS THE UPPER LOW AXIS IS NEARING THE REGION THIS AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING. THIS WILL LIMIT PRECIP OVERALL...SO I DO NOT EXPECT MORE THAN A FEW INCHES OF SNOWFALL IN THE HIGH SIERRA WITH THIS SYSTEM.
    Kirkwood did not disappoint today.
    Got there @11 to 3 inches at the bottom, and maybe 5 up top. Got about 5 more by 2:30 and still snowing hard. The five of us had a great time.

Hit Reba today, man it was windy on the south side. As soon as we dropped back on the north side its was great! To bad the visibility was terrible and not so photo friendly. Shooting for a another trip on thursday or Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

bag it, tag it, sell it to the butcher in the store

Anyone going to Kirkwood tomorrow from the valley or bay? I'm kind of desperately looking for a ride. I have to be there to check in for the comp and the few options I had for getting up there have all fallen through. Should be an epic day, if anybody wants to go and doesn't have a KW pass, I have a ticket I'd be willing to give in exchange for a ride.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Anyone going to Kirkwood tomorrow from the valley or bay? I'm kind of desperately looking for a ride. I have to be there to check in for the comp and the few options I had for getting up there have all fallen through. Should be an epic day, if anybody wants to go and doesn't have a KW pass, I have a ticket I'd be willing to give in exchange for a ride.
    can't give you a ride but i'll be around till about 1. lets go schralp.
    Snow Flake Killer

Today could have been a great storm day at Squaw if they had some lifts turning.

Siberia CLOSED
    Silverado CLOSED
    Solitude CLOSED
    Headwall CLOSED
    CII CLOSED
    Granite CLOSED
    Broken Arrow CLOSED
    Newport CLOSED

Magic Carpet & Pony Tail I did not check.

Gold Coast and Shirley were fun for only so long even after traversing to the lower part of Granite. KT and Red Dog were turning but the temps and better snow quality made it a no brainer to stay on the upper mountain.
    Last edited by Jim S; 03-02-2010 at 10:45 PM.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    if you can get aride to south lake i prolly won't be leaving for the wood until @10.

FranklezZ came through, we'll be up there tomorrow.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinskier View Post
    that was me or my buddy. Its was nice.
    How did you access that ridge? Over from BV or the resort?

Am looking for a ride to any resort on Thursday. I live in Mountain View but I can meet you any place in the Bay Area !!!!

Thanks in advance
    Marty

RaccoonFace did you make the list!?:

http://www.unofficialsquaw.com/index...tid=4&Itemid=1

I see T-Boz, but no Gopher, boo! Not sure what other TGR mags are on the list.

jackie must have scored some serious GNAR points on monday....
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

Alpine definitely did not suck today.

That is all
    If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by jla415 View Post
    Alpine definitely did not suck today.

That is all
    That's all? No lift operation update?

summit, roundhouse, scott and sherwood were spinning
    If you french fry when you pizza you're going to have a bad time.

Thanks, their website showed most of the mountain as closed

Today had to have been one of Alpine's best offerings all season...

Today has by faaaaar been the best day of skiing since last thursday.

The snow is super light (for CA standards anyways) and I was feeing maybe my praxis werent wide enough at times. 6'2 on praxis and face shots galore. And only the lower mtn and gold coast turned today. Shirley turned till around noon and shut down.

Am feeling generous.. so all you bay area mags, call in sick and come on up here. Tomorrow promises to be among the best days of the season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    How did you access that ridge? Over from BV or the resort?
    From the resort. You skin up from spy glass.
    On that note Bear sucks today, my shins hurt and there is to much snow on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Kirkwood was amazing today. At least what I could see of it (about 10' in any given direction). Free refills and getting deeper all day. Whoever gets up there tomorrow is going to have some fun.

I'm skiing Squaw tomorrow. Should be pretty damn good. Anyone from the Reno/N. Lake area want a ride or to make some turns tomorrow, PM me tonight or real early tomorrow morning with a phone#.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

If things settle down a little by friday,can i tag along with anyone touring in South lake area? Fairly new to backcountry, been out a few times, took AIARE 1 last week and wanting to earn my turns more. Would love to go with someone who has been doing this a while and learn more. I would like to tour tallac if conditions warrant. Ok on the uphill, decent on the downhill, beer, meat and hot tub apres pad in south lake after.