Page 198 of 227 FirstFirst ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 5668

Squaw Passholder Qstn.

If you forget/lose your pass, Squaw will still let you ski. It's a one-time forgiveness policy. Do they just look you up and print out a day ticket? Do they de-activate your pass for the day?

Does anyone know exactly how that works?
    Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Quote Originally Posted by duffski View Post
    just saw coops fb post from this morning. i guess they dont want anyone skinning up kw the next couple days due to avy danger. were they enforcing this at all?
    Can they stop you when they are not in operation? It is kind of like back country skiing.

Powdork - looks like you only skied Red Cliffs? If that snow was still nice today, perhaps some of the north facing will still be good by Saturday. Or so I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Can they stop you when they are not in operation? It is kind of like back country skiing.
    [Semi-talking-out-the-ass]It probably depends on the exact terms of their USFS permit. If they close before their permit date ends, and there is no language to the contrary, their control over the land may still be in force.[/semi-talking-out-the-ass]

Although they may just be encouraging people not to due to their simple public safety perceptions, because their liability for any accidents (at least as they relate to unsafe snow conditions) should end with the closure of operations/avy control.

That snow looks mighty fine for the end of April.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    The base of Alpine now features prominent signs warning that sleds are illegal.
    Pretty sure the signs are just scare tactics, I don't see how it's illegal if it's closed. That being said, I hope the snomos don't pillage it.

The Great One lived up to its name today
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

A couple of great laps on Waterhouse today. Stuff that saw sun was just getting a little thin crust when we left but deep in the trees it was still pretty blower.
    Big question of the moment: Will Alpine be mank Friday or did things stay fairly cold up there? We will probably be there no matter as we haven't even been yet this year.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Might have been the best snow I've ever skied on Mt Rose yesterday evening...here's a really poor quality cell phone pic taken at 7:56PM yesterday (the blur is a skier and you should be able to get the idea )!!

me sad, but I did mountain bike in this nice sunny weather here.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Who ripped the sh*t out of McConkey's this morning??? Very impressive pointage. Now, Where's the pics, people?

I'm so pumped for all of you guys! I have to leave my cube when I have a few down seconds or I will check this thread and lose the rest of the day. Nice shots powdork!

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

we were up there as well mmmm...pow. what'd u guys ski??? we did a quick hotlap on north bowl and then we got totally socked in w/ the pea soup clouds so we had to bail on the cross due to totally shitty viz. we then skkied the hanging snowfield which douched on one of my crew and the mainline sun bowl lane. based on what we saw in the hanger i'm guessing that the cross would have douched as well had we hit it. pretty damn good powder skiing for almost may and hoping for more of the same at carson pass really really early manana.

^^^Ha, thought I saw the infamous Buddy trailing you down as I was heading up. Your story now makes some sense as to the tracks traversing across the bowl. You guessed wrong on the cross, though. $$$$$$$ all the way to the flats!
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

What's squaw looking like tomorrow? Totally raped and pillaged today? Leaving SF at 5:00am tomorrow if anyone needs a ride, pm

It was Josh Anderson who pointed the hell outta McConkey's today. That guy is dangerous.
    'on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me,....which is nice!

Anyone interested in some Sat AM shuttle action in the Rose Chutes?
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Anyone interested in some Sat AM shuttle action in the Rose Chutes?
    Hell, we can do it tomorrow if you're off work. You've got my #.

Quote Originally Posted by duffski View Post
    just saw coops fb post from this morning. i guess they dont want anyone skinning up kw the next couple days due to avy danger. were they enforcing this at all?
    they were not enforcing it today. we saw about 6-8 people skin/boot straight up the chair 6 line plus a group of 4 or 5 hit the cirque. OTOH, that doesn't mean more didn't try. Hell, all those guys could have been arrested for all I know.

Yeah, that's the ticket. They're arresting people for skinning up (Cohee's doing it himself). And the snow (the 1 or 2 inches they got) sucks anyway. And the road's closed in every direction. And the avy danger is xTREEEEEEM.[/lovitz]

5000 Bitches!!!!!

i'll try to add something worthy later.

No way man. I'm 5,000. for now.

kirkwood was well
    it was steep approaches

to cool places

with great skiing

the cirque got tagged by a largish group. looked very good. the other side of things stayed mostly cloudy, and hopefully still is untouched.

I can feel the Palisades trembling all the way from my cubicle in Truckee from the onslaught that they are about to receive.

5000! looks like I owe myself a case of beer (as per last year's thread offer rolling over)

edit: are folks deleting their posts to set up an epic 5000th thread post?????

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Sinecure reports that Peril is awesome this morning. I report that he's a douchebag for telling me this while I'm at work.

Looks like Squaw has opened the upper mountain, with both Headwall and Granite Chief running.

Pissed that my daughter couldn't blow off school today.
    not counting days 2016-17

I wish I had gone up, now I am watching people on the ubercam drop some sickness off of the Palisades

http://www.squaw.com/winter/squawubercam.html

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    What's funny is they actually say 'motorized vehicles'. I noticed that with a big ass groomer idling right behind it last week so it stuck with me.

How does that even work? Sleds and cats are all over that place all winter. Is that whole area only open to motorized vehicles when in use specifically for ski operations?

That's silly.
    my buddies wife is a placer county sheriff, who said it is public land and they could not legally kick us out.....that was that day last season after it closed that we raped and pillaged it for about 6 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by sierraskier View Post
    my buddies wife is a placer county sheriff, who said it is public land and they could not legally kick us out.....that was that day last season after it closed that we raped and pillaged it for about 6 hours.
    I imagine it's a little different right now since they're not 'closed for the season' and their use permit still applies.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp