Page 40 of 227 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 5668
    Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Not sure what's in store for this weekend, but I will definitely be at Alpine Meadows on the 4th, 5th, and 6th of December.
    We'll be at Alpine on the 5th, before heading back for a work related holiday party on the 6th.

Ottime - I might be down for Sat.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Yeah, let me know. I'm going to watch this system. If it snows a bit and the sub surface freezes, it may just be fun out there.

Just got in from hiking up Buckboard and skiing the trail under chair 10. Yuck. Breakable crust above 4-6" of sugar snow. Hooked on almost every turn. My buddy banged his elbow on a rock/ground. Twice. Perhaps if you really let the skis run, you may have been able to carve a turn, before barreling into a tree or rock garden.

It was fun. Now I deserve some turkey, dammit. And this makes me even more likely to buy a Heave tix tomorrow, just to be able to carve a turn.

Who Hoo! Winter Weather Advisory

SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS ARE
    POSSIBLE WITH MANY AREAS RECEIVING 3 TO 7 INCHES. ABOVE 7000 FEET
    HIGHER ACCUMULATIONS ARE LIKELY.

And that is ALL I will say about it until I see it.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    scratch that - I'm out - family obligations
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Got some turns on Turkey Day

& Mashed some sage brush

& Did some portaging

Some turns are...

Better than no turns.

Mini video from today:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ponrnp63GD8"]YouTube- Turkey Day Turns[/ame]
    Last edited by liketoride; 11-27-2009 at 02:53 AM. Reason: to add mini video...
    True happiness comes from within, the whiteroom.

Quote Originally Posted by liketoride
    When life hands you lemons, make lemonFKNAde!
    My vote for sig of the year.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

hmmm....NOAA winter weather advisory saying 4 TO 6 INCHES AT LAKE LEVEL WITH 6 TO
    10 INCHES ABOVE 7000 FEET by midnight tonight.

worth going up to tomorrow? coverage looked really bare (thanks liketoride for the current photos)

We'll see what happens with this. Since it's just an advisory, it's not too reliable.... Down in Sac right now, and the cloud cover isn't really spectacular.

I'll be at Alpine 12/5-6, getting our passes and schralping the WROD with the kids.
    not counting days 2016-17

still full from yesterday...cant eat breakfast.

hasn't rained in the valley yet
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by julesrules View Post
    hmmm....NOAA winter weather advisory saying 4 TO 6 INCHES AT LAKE LEVEL WITH 6 TO
    10 INCHES ABOVE 7000 FEET by midnight tonight.

worth going up to tomorrow? coverage looked really bare (thanks liketoride for the current photos)
    Just make sure to dig a quick pit on any northern aspects ... SAC was saying that rotten facet layer above the ice crust might stick around for a while. We didn't find any of it last week in Hourglass, and if you saw my photos from last week ... well that's not a bad bet if you get up there. Hope you get some goods after bailing last week!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by liketoride View Post
    Got some turns on Turkey Day

Mini video from today:
    YouTube- Turkey Day Turns
    Nice stoke.
    Solid shark-dodging at the end of the video. Looks like you reached the "end of snow."

Any thoughts on the Alpine WROD? Friends who went to Squaw reported a Brown Ribbon of Rock and Log on Red Dog.

I'm getting an Alpine pass, so I'm not as concerned about the cost. I figure it's worth the drive given how snow-starved I am.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Just make sure to dig a quick pit on any northern aspects ...
    Dig a pit in a base that's about 8" deep?

Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

^^^sure. Just sit down for a moment, and stand back up. See what your crush.

Around the top of the Ruet, KW had a 1" breakable crust on top of 6" of fairly good stable snow. It was like sun warmed sugar. Yoiu could make a snow ball out of it.

Hoping this current snow buries the crust under a half foot of fresh, and it will be some fun skiing on the lower mountain. Nothing gnar, but some decent turns.

This morning the crust at the base was supporting me on skis and almost in boots. Crust was thicker up higher.

Oh, it is snowing now. Not yet sticking to the pavement. Plan to get some turns around KW tomorrow if anyone is around. Or even the pass.

If we actually get 6" at lake level tonight then I might see you out there Nuthon. Like to Ride's tour is the same one we did a week ago, and at least nothing more has melted since then.

ottitime i be down, what time where you thinking? let me know. although i might be a bit slow due to the stiffness from yesterdays football game.
    Last edited by Nuthon; 11-27-2009 at 04:20 PM.
    Snow Flake Killer

now its raining...snowing still?
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Saw some flakes up on rosehwy. And it was snowing too starting around 1230. I didn't get above 7000 ft though. Raining pretty good in Sparks now.
    it got dark when it rolled in from the NW.
    Last edited by 3snowboards; 11-27-2009 at 06:36 PM.

Hit the WROD at SBowl today - snowing at Noon, 3-4" of fresh by the time I quit. I've skied a lot worse.

now its really raining in the valley, really snowing?

Thumbs up 12/5/09 @ Alpine then?

Cinders & I are scheduled to be at Alpine on Sat 12/5 too!
    It's shaping up for a mini-mini-wrod-summit
    I doubt we'll be on our Li'l BRO's, unless lots of snow comes.

The wet weather today is a surprise to me. Perhaps we should have gone skiing, after all Cinders reckons there'll be crowds tomorrow, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Honestly, if it weren't for Vets and Ottime, my 1/2 day at Northstar this past Saturday woulda been kinda wacktastical.
    Hey Dookey, I thought you went skiing at No-stars on Sunday.
    We saw no mags there last Sat. Managed to find a couple of places to go off-wrod (cat track from Vista to Rendezvous, and behind Arrow, where they stash the toboggan), and have the core-shots to prove it.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Hey look, there's a couple of pretty girls standing outside the bar, wondering whether or not to come in...

ALSO THE MODELS HAVE BEEN STRUGGLING ...[waffle]... CONFIDENCE IS VERY LOW ON MODEL GUIDANCE ESPECIALLY OUT PAST DAY 5 OR 6 [what's new]. MY EXPERIENCE TELLS ME [novel approach] THAT BY EARLY IN WEEK TWO ... [mumbo-jumbo] ... WE WILL SEE THE BEGINNING OF AN EXTENDED WET PATTERN. THE FORCING ...[blah, blah] ...SHOULD ALLOW THE EXTENSION OF THE ENHANCED [been watching too many Enzyte ads, buddy?] ... THIS COULD BE A VERY SIGNIFICANT CHANGE AND A VERY WET PATTERN IF SUBTROPICAL MOISTURE GETS INTO THE MIX [could, if...you get the idea]. DEC OF 2002 WAS VERY WET AND HAD A SIMILAR STRENGTH EL NINO PATTERN. ALWAYS DANGEROUS TO USE ANALOGS [serious stuff, this weather] BUT THE PATTERN IS CERTAINLY CONDUCIVE TO A MAJOR PATTERN CHANGE AND WET ONSLAUGHT [onslaught? Did we declare war on the weather?]. THOSE INTERESTED SHOULD CONTINUE TO MONITOR THESE DISCUSSIONS OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS TO SEE IF MODELS ARE REACHING ANY BETTER CONSENSUS ON THIS DEVELOPING PATTERN CHANGE [i.e., if I'm wrong, it's the computer's fault. When are we getting Macs?]

love the comments Adominable! where was the discussion from?