Page 114 of 227 FirstFirst ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 5668
    I heard the top of Squaw was skiing incredibly well today. Goes to show there's always something good to ski there, every day, no matter what the weather is doing. I can think of quite a few shots that were probably empty and epic today.

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    The problem is after seeing what seanhav, Tyrone, and T-Boz post, its utter utter shit. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.
    Same here, but I figured I'll share what I got from Thursday and Friday.

SLOWER TRAFFIC
    KEEP RIGHT
    http://shifter102.blogspot.com/

Any update on snow levels dropping like they're supposed to? Wondering if the drive up from SF for a day trip tomorrow is worth it.

Just changed to snow here at ~5900'. Sticking to parking lot pavement nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Meyer View Post
    Just changed to snow here at ~5900'. Sticking to parking lot pavement nicely.
    Alternating rain and snow all day today here at same elevation downhill from Mt Rose.

Tomorrow could be who-the-heck-knows at Squaw but I'll find out. I assume the upper mtn has been hit with snow and no rain. Nose to Fingers could be powder to slush to ???
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Granite skied pretty well for a few laps when it opened - some of the control debis was a bit heavy. Very wet lower down pm.
    Snow sticking in Tahoe City though has let up now.

That is indeed good news. I'll be at Sierra hitting powder stashes in the trees tomorrow, rocking purple obsethed with green pants if any mags want to say whats up and grab a beer.

Nice video jibco - you guys hit the canyons pretty well it looks like.
    Loving all the POV footage! Keep it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Good vis and not too much wind up there this morning and fresh deep powder - can't complain about that at all.
    a little corroboration of that "deep" part....
    when the laughing dies down i'm always the one who has to face the facts

Granite was nice when it opened.. heavy, but skiable. The lower part of the mountain is a faceplant waiting to happen, was raining pretty hard at the base around 12.
    Grabbed some beers with the dps crew instead. Snow later in the afternoon lightened up a little, so might be fun tomorrow.

sidenote: I will kill for a pair of lotus.

Gonna check out the cream cheese at Alpine tomorrow. Like what I hear from Lane though, hope that keeps up.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Meyer View Post
    I heard the top of Squaw was skiing incredibly well today. Goes to show there's always something good to ski there, every day, no matter what the weather is doing. I can think of quite a few shots that were probably empty and epic today.
    Happen to be right near Headwall around when they opened it this morning. Got untracked for a few laps there, seems that everyone went straight to wait at Granite. Oh well, there loss, snow was great given the conditions. I missed the opening of Granite and was left with wet heavy scraps.

Rain, snain, snow mix all over the mountain, my gear is still not dry. Sierra cement at its finest. A very wet day, but a good one.

jahroy, while I did make a token West Face (Chute 75 was skiing better) lap for you, the helmet cams lens was either caked with ice or covered in water all day, I doubt I have any usable footage.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Gonna check out the cream cheese at Alpine tomorrow. Like what I hear from Lane though, hope that keeps up.
    I'll be at Alpine.

It has been snowing in Sunnyside for the last hour since I got in.

Quote Originally Posted by jibco View Post
    Thanks, enjoyed that. I obviously need someone to show me around the next time I'm there, because the last (first) time it sucked (though the conditions played a large part in that).
    Last edited by unpossible; 01-25-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jibco View Post
    That was great. I haven't been to Heavenly in 10 years. Those videos brought back some good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    ... jahroy, while I did make a token West Face (Chute 75 was skiing better) lap for you, the helmet cams lens was either caked with ice or covered in water all day, I doubt I have any usable footage.
    thanks, man... i appreciate it. i know that feeling (cement on goggles on KT).

your story about headwall will do for now... i can tell you from here you made the right decision.:

the best thing about granite is that some people like it!
    Still waiting...

AM was $$ today.
    Woulda been $$$$ had the vis up at the Summit been decent, but hey, it snowed pretty much the whole day.
    Started out doing Alpine Bowl down to the trees above Hot Wheels Gully, then up Scott and into the "Condo Slide" area back to Subway. Busted out some fresh lines off Gunner's Knob, hiked Lower Saddle (we were the only crew to do so), where I promptly fell twice since I couldn't see ishit (but the snow was beyond money).
    All in all a sweet day, if a little wet by the end of it.

I'll be @AM with a smallish crew of Seatown renegades (they flew down to take advantage of our snow over the weekend) again on the morrow (rockin' black/yellow Saga gear, Spats, and black boots. We'll be the gapers raping the low angle with a free-heeler in tow).

PS
    saw somebody's Bros (looked like 183's) racked outside the main lodge, but never saw the owner. Who be dat?
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Squaw was okay today. All this is from today. Hot and wet, just like I like it.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/8985110"]http://vimeo.com/8985110[/ame]
    'on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me,....which is nice!

I was going to use this post to share my POV footage, but there is no way I am going to follow up that sick video with my crap, I will instead wait a few posts. Sick footage, thanks for sharing.

Gopher, we met in front of the KT line yesterday, talked about the helmet cam for a bit. How do you have yours mounted, you have hardly any shake in the video, even with all those hucks.

Unpossible, yeah, I remember chatting with ya. I have in mounted directly to my helmet via adhesive. It's the adhesive thingy that comes with the Countour cam. Dude, put up your POV footy, I wanna check it out.
    'on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me,....which is nice!

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    You mean nobody traversed in there all day? That must've been sweet. Shots in there are short, but I love that area. Jealous.
    No, all of the gates were open earlier in the day but once the weather moved in they closed all but the lowest gate. For his first hike, I probably wouldn't have taken him much further up anyway. I love the area too, short shots but you can usually find fresh at the end of the day if you are willing to push out a ways. As for Sunday, it was about 4 inches of fresh on top of chopped from the day before. Just about perfect for my 9yr old!

Storm day I always think of your screen name when I say that!

My younger one enjoying his first storm day of the year.

My older one getting some action off of Lincoln after mom and little bro retired to the lodge for hot coco.

Me to little dude: you want to hike to my secret stash? Little dude: The smile makes no words necessary. It was a modest hike, but a hike none the less:

I could tell he was out of his element because if I got more than a few yards in front of him he would call out! He definitely earned them though:

The money shot! Great form in fresh pow is enough to make any dad proud! Even has the tongue sticking out for good measure!

Down low it got a little chunkier and he struggled a bit but never quit smiling!

And finished strong with a pole point!

Both were begging for another day today but the bad dad sent them off to school!
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Oh well here goes… Below you will find a POV edit I have been working on. The footage is from early in the season (December 17-30'ish) at Alpine and Squaw. It co-stars our very own StormDay.

1. Trying to be a little artistic, albeit poorly, the quick cuts are intentional. If iMovie wasn't such a pain in the ass and I wasn't too lazy to use Final Cut Pro, that whole video sync'ed to music thing would look how it looks in my head.

2. You may get seasick from watching it, sorry, it was my first trip out with the new helmet cam and I was still working on the mounting situation (i.e. some of the video is shaky).

3. Yes I seem to be whipping my poles around a lot. I cannot explain this, I don't really think I do it that much when I ski, but it seems to be highlighted in the videos. Maybe I need a lesson with dookey.

4. It is extremely light on the gnar factor. If you don't like it, I don't care, just trying to contribute some Tahoe related stoke to the thread. I had fun filming it and editing it, so thats all that matters to me.

Enjoy:

Unpossible, Nice! Damn, you've been finding the good snow. I love the blue sky whip-out in the end!

unpossible, that is good stuff. Keep it up! It is a blast to work on the footage. Keeps it fresh in your mind and will take you back to the slopes when you can't be there!

Powdork, that looked like an awesome luge run you stumbled on to. Those are a blast!

Storm Day, Adad, OHC, Powdork, et. all, keep bringing on the Tahoe kid stoke, I love it!
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Sick stuff Gopher! I love the burly acid drops. Also love that I have put in some time at Squaw and have no clue where some of that shit is. That's what Squaw is teh sick!
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save