Page 154 of 227 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 5668
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer View Post
    We dropped to Falling Leaf because it was getting late and a storm was moving in. More importantly, the party we helped noted they were parked there and could give us a ride. We showed up 5 minutes behind them, but they were gone. The walk out was the SUCK. Driver was in alpine boots , so I ended up making him a pair of shoes out of a Sam Splint and duct tape. High Comedy (for me at least).

Thanks. When Driver gets me his picks, will put up actual TR. We had great snow in main Halls.

As to the avy talk, just passing along info to S.A.C. and to folks on this board that on a LOW day there was still a very large slide. I am sure some here want to know about this.
    Thanks for the write-up; I think the fact that when S.A.C. gives a LOW avy danger rating some people might act like there's NO avy danger, in Tahoe at least. Thus the reason why they all appeared to be skiing at the same time of the slide?
    Do you by chance happen to own a large, yellowish, very flat cat?

In the last two days skiing nothing but Kirkwood backcountry, we encountered no recent activity other than old debris from the main West Shore choke. Even that was probably at least a couple days to a week old.
    Last edited by skier666; 03-07-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Skier666 is a corporate whore.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Skier666 is a corporate whore.
    Is this company hiring??
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I'm the most extreme skier in my office. I'll see your III and raise you one level of radness.

Quote Originally Posted by ridefree View Post
    Is this company hiring??
    Applications are being accepted at: www.slaythegnar.com

There will be a mandatory interview and a ski test. Currently there is no compensation package but we're trying to line up somebody's trust fund to put up the $25,000 we're planning on blowing through.

Squaw was super fun today. Soft pretty much everywhere and just had a blast bombing around...stoked Granite Peak was actually open on a weekend, had some good turns up there
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

KW held up today as well. Best laps of the weekend were the few into the sidecountry. Spent a lot of time skiing with the god son and family. Stoked he is finally moving around the mountain a bit. Watching the JETs practice on the nose for next week's contest has him feeling like he really needs to step it up. Not bad for a four year old.

Conditions were pretty ideal for the contest today. Great visibility in the morning at least.

Skied Squaw with Jim S. and The Mighty RaccoonFace of Mt. Rose 'Photo of the Day' fame (nice to meet you both btw). Given his recent rise to stardom, he was still very friendly, though he would not grant me an autograph. Also, in addition to being a ripping skier he seems to enjoy teaching children naughty words on the chairlift. When we parted ways, he did not say 'okbye'.

Wes, we were looking for you, but never saw you.

Another solid weekend in Lake Tahoe.

Glad to hear KW was good, 'cause Squaw was beat. There was some good stuff to ski in N. Bowl of Headwall, but that was all that I found. Skied with Jim S and Unpossible for a couple hours and had a good time.

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    UCL, we were the 3 splitboarders and skier parked at wintoon that skinning past you guys when you were scouring the debris. Nice you found his beanie, goggles and gloves, but that ski is a goner. Needle in a haystack seeing the length of that runout.
    Still can't believe those people bailed on giving you a ride!
    Snow was phenomenal yesterday. Wish I wasn't too tired to get out there again. Did the chute lookers left of fallen angel then climbed fallen angel (I stopped at choke and other 3 continued to top). Both chutes were $$$. Run off echo was amazing as well.

The other guys took some pics and video. My POV's battery was dead at the top
    ucl, when i saw you guys roll up at the trail head last night i thought you looked familiar....

the snow was indeed quite good. we put in first tracks down the chute next to fallen angel, and when neither ski cuts nor "test airs" could break any snow loose, we headed up fallen angel and put fresh tracks down that chute, too.

bgnight enters the chute next to fallen angel (does this line have a name??)

fletcher asseses the snow stability.

climbing fallen angel was about twice as scary as riding it.

the choke was still pretty dry, but we found a way past it.

the snow was stable and fun, top to bottom.

in both of those descents, we did not witness any signs of instability, though it was evident that fallen angel had flushed itself during the storm... we were climbing debris for the first half of the ascent.

oh yeah, and i don't have any good pics to prove it, but the run from echo down to wintoon was good to the last turn. first time i've ever had good snow below angora ridge.
    when the laughing dies down i'm always the one who has to face the facts

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    Skied Squaw with Jim S. and The Mighty RaccoonFace of Mt. Rose 'Photo of the Day' fame (nice to meet you both btw). Given his recent rise to stardom, he was still very friendly, though he would not grant me an autograph. Also, in addition to being a ripping skier he seems to enjoy teaching children naughty words on the chairlift. When we parted ways, he did not say 'okbye'.

Wes, we were looking for you, but never saw you.

Another solid weekend in Lake Tahoe.
    I looked for you guys too but I realized I had no idea what you were wearing/skiing on. I might be back tomorrow but I'll probably end up doing some backcountry somewhere

Anyone see the medevac chopper at Squaw today? Apparently a guy overshot a jump in the park and couldn't feel anything waist down...scary shit, hope he ends up alright
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I looked for you guys too but I realized I had no idea what you were wearing/skiing on. I might be back tomorrow but I'll probably end up doing some backcountry somewhere

Anyone see the medevac chopper at Squaw today? Apparently a guy overshot a jump in the park and couldn't feel anything waist down...scary shit, hope he ends up alright
    I posted outfit details before the weekend I think. :P

I did see the Chopper, but thought it was maybe just a training flight as I have seen similar aircraft flying in the area from time to time. Happen to be at the top of Keyhole a few years ago was a C130 was flying really close (forgot camera that day; go figure).

You see any of the G.N.A.R. competitors over in Granite? I was keeping an eye out but never noticed anyone, though there does seem to be some discussion as to wether the competition has started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinskier View Post
    The parking lot! On our way to Reba Tuesday

Skiing up Reba-super windy that day and visibility sucks until we dropped in the North Side.

BV parking lot on Wednesday

Woke up thursday morning to 18 or so inches of light ass pow. Got first tracks down grizz chair line, got to Hari Cari gate right we patrol opened it raced him down Haleakala( the two parallel line on the right then my next run the right of that)

The only other picture I took that day

I guess we have a Hearts too, whos with me?

Amazing week, day skiing pow 4 out of 7 dame good. Hoe everyone is having a great time, be safe out there.
    Sweet Zep! Keep the BV stoke coming!

nice

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    I posted outfit details before the weekend I think. :P

I did see the Chopper, but thought it was maybe just a training flight as I have seen similar aircraft flying in the area from time to time. Happen to be at the top of Keyhole a few years ago was a C130 was flying really close (forgot camera that day; go figure).

You see any of the G.N.A.R. competitors over in Granite? I was keeping an eye out but never noticed anyone, though there does seem to be some discussion as to wether the competition has started yet.
    Didn't see anyone really throwing down, just saw some tracks down center line of McConkey's and also down the face to lookers right of McConkeys

Fun bluebird morning at Alpine yesterday. Keyhole, High Yellow and Sherwood Cliff are still skiing very well with cold snow.

MrsStormDay exiting Keyhole:

Non Mag friend in High Yellow:

MrsStormDay in High Yellow:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinskier View Post
    Amazing week, day skiing pow 4 out of 7
    Looks like it!

The Unofficial game of G.N.A.R. will starts tomorrow morning, 8:00a.m. at KT.

So come on out tomorrow morning to cheer on the competitors and the official Kick off to the contest.

Let the games begin!

Looks like Lane was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer View Post
    We showed up 5 minutes behind them, but they were gone. The walk out was the SUCK. Driver was in alpine boots , so I ended up making him a pair of shoes out of a Sam Splint and duct tape. High Comedy (for me at least).
    The level of suck was indeed high, but the lines made up for it. Oh well, I guess they had somewhere to be. Glad that guy was OK, could have been much worse.
    Last edited by Driver; 03-08-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by el penoso View Post
    ..... Anyway this forum is not always about the stoke.
    let's check..... the thread title is, "Oh-9/Oh-10 Tahoe Weather, Stoke, and What's Up Thread...."

hmmmmm...... doesn't say anything about your dumbass jong self losing your pass and then bitching about it and expecting anyone in here to give a fuck..... so yeah.
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

I tried to change that by the way. I amended the first post to remove the "oh" because someone had mentioned how distracting it was, but it doesn't show up amended...

Not that it matters, just saying. Now back to your regularly scheduled flame war.

okbye

EDIT: OH SHIT POST 1700! If I had seen this coming I'd have made another special thread in TPR... I'll start preparing for 2k.
    Last edited by RaccoonFace; 03-08-2010 at 08:59 PM.
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Regardless of what comes down tonight, tomorrow should be fun if you know your "Wind Patterns 101". Parts of squaw were creamy goodness, while the others were windblown ice.

start the week out right

Reba- bagged me taged me and sold me at the store today.
    Windy as hell but not snowing.
    Cross loading was the problem today. Just surface instability,on the Northwest and Neast faces. Stomped a cornice and it ran maybe 100ft maybe 40ft wide. Average 3'' crown with the deepest being 6''. More or less a take you feet out slide. Other than that nothing moved. My best guess was that there was a misty fog that night then created a small small crust then snowing that night.
    Terrible pics but you can kinda see the run out and turns.
    large to see detail.

checking out the layer

turns

more foggy ass turns
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

skied NS yesterday. ripped groomers with a race coach i met on the lift (was there for a L1 clinic which ended up getting cancelled).
    left at 2.
    stopped at Gold Run rest area for a nap around 2:45.
    woke up at 5:45 to my windshield covered in snow.
    the parking lot was beginning to hold some wet, heavy slush (3700 elevation) and they had chain control down at Colfax.
    saw a couple of Eastbound cars wrecked (road was slippery).
    not sure what it did at higher elevations, but i can't recall the last time i was driving through snow that low.
    alas, this is the second time i've had to return to SF to handle biz and it starts storming just as i crest Donner Summit.
    hope i hooked some of you up with some freshies today.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en