Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

RIP Fritz:A canine maggot eulogy

It seems many in this community ski quite a bit with their dogs, so why not write my little sob story about the canine I skied with for the past 12 years. Without a doubt my best friend and partner in the mountains for anything that didn't require a rope. Fritz had done it all, bitten by a rattle snake, avalanched a couple times, fell off a 20ft cliff, multiple porcupine encounters, skunk encounters, chased mountain goats all over the Wasatch, had stand off's with moose, elk, and every other hoofed animal. Little bastard even landed me to court for a Class B misdemeanor "Dog in Watershed".

My wife and I laid Fritz to rest this morning at nearly 13 years old when we discovered a fast growing tumor enveloping his spine causing him obvious pain and immobility.

Some pics of Fritz thoughout his life and a thanks to the maggots that I skied with over the years that didn't mind having my dog along.

Beers with Stoy in Logan.

Making his own tracks.

Millcreek Canyon, where we skied the most when living in the Wasatch.

Fritz enjoyed the occasional turn farming session.

West face of Timpanogos.

Mt. Raymond.

Always cocky and stoic.

Cocky and stoked.

Dogs dig it too.

As Fritz got older, we still got out, but sometimes we did this on the exits after a long day.

I'll miss your antics Fritz.

RIP Fritz.

Looked like a life well lived.
    In with the 9.

RIP Fritz. I always enjoyed reading the TRs that had him in it.
    He always looked like he was having the time of his life.

Trackhead. I am sorry for you loss. I know how much you loved that dog. Love to see him in all your posts. My first introduction to you was looking at fritzrips.com. I loved the classic pic of him running through the pow. RIP Fritz!!!!

Vibes dude. Sorry about your loss. Looks like an awesome ski buddy.

sorry for your loss, I understand how important a dog can be
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Hey TH- So very sorry for your loss. It is so cruel that dogs like Fritz can't live as long as we do. It's obvious he was an amazing dog, and a great part of your family.
    VIBES

RIP Fritz.

This photo has always been one of the most memorable to me on TGR -- sums up the winter stoke that this place brings:

+++vibes TH

Great post about a great dog.

RIP Fritz
    The only prescription...is more cowbell.

I think we'd all agree that TH helped Fritz live a great life (and vice versa). RIP Fritz.

Very sorry to hear this. You and Fritz are role models for me and my pooch. I hope to have a fraction of the adventures with my guy that you had with Fritz. RIP.

I always associate Fritz w/ all of your crazy ski touring TR's and such

What a good looking dog you guys had. I hope you remember him forever!
    you sketchy character, you

RIP Fritz. Good boy.

Truely sad news. What a killer rad pup. Vibes to the Trackheads's and Heaven for Fritz!

Sorry for the loss D, he will live on many, many peoples memories.

A well lived life indeed. You did good by your friend Trackhead, and letting him go was your final kindness. RIP Fritz.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Damn, that sucks. Even having never met you or fritz, its still pretty obvious he was a hell of a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post

Fritz enjoyed the occasional turn farming session.
    And he stays in the tracks, the wasatch turn farming curmudgeons should be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    As Fritz got older, we still got out, but sometimes we did this on the exits after a long day.
    Dog looks like he'd rather run, but still, he looks perfectly well behaved, just chillin and enjoying the ride.

My dog turned 13 this year, and has been showing his age. Its been tough for me to wrap my head around the fact that he will never climb any mountains with me again, or never go on any bike rides again, but I'm grateful just to still have him around.

Its obvious you gave that dog a pretty good life though, be glad of that at least. He could have suffered a lot in someone else's care if he'd been less lucky.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

One awesome powderhound. RIP Fritz, and here's to ya TH-
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

What a great tribute! RIP Fritz.....I remember showing pics of Fritz to my wife years back, laughing at how psyched he looked to be getting face shots. Looks like such a great life you showed him Trackhead! Hope I get half of the powder turns Fritz has gotten over the years!

Hearing of someone putting a good freind to rest always brings tears to my eye. Always brings back memories of past friends.

Oh man D, I am very sorry for such a loss of one of your best friends. He was such a great dog. To see the title to the post shocked me and saddened me greatly.

Out of all the maggot dogs, his life was in the top 5 around here for sure. A dog is a reflection of you. And you guys were tight.

Sorry buddy.

RIP my friend Fritz. Hope the pow is plentiful and you are pain free.

Thanks for the comments. I wasn't sure this cheesy eulogy would help, but it actually does.

Thirteen is much too soon for such an awesome dog but we are cheered by the legend of the departed pup, long may he run.

Just a suggestion: "Fritz would go" stickers.

What an awesome dog. He was lucky to have you!