Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thumbs up

Vail is like a magnet for such super radness and the raddest skiers around. I need to ski there more this year so I too can poach closed low angle low depth powder runs and race through slow skiing zones past ski instructors and their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    It is also not possible, as I can assure you too.

Those scanners only work at the most a couple of feet, and they are also based on a wireless system to relay data. Up on the mountain, they do not have that wireless network, nor are they 12 to 24" away from you as you buzz them at mach 15.
    Mostly true. The scanners are simple RFID devices, and work as you describe... however, there are also ultra RF devices that can work at a longer distance and can be up on the mountain- but they're much more bulky and wouldn't work in the manner he's worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jongalot View Post
    Vail is like a magnet for such super radness and the raddest skiers around. I need to ski there more this year so I too can poach closed low angle low depth powder runs and race through slow skiing zones past ski instructors and their kids.
    Me too but just to be sure I'll stash my gapic pass in a family size bag of Cheetos which will defeat their evil spy technology using crunch, cheeze and violent orange colour spectrum distortion.

Quote Originally Posted by catfishjon View Post
    those new RF scanners cant go very far. they claim that they can scan from far away, but with my experience with them they have to be within a few feet. so you would have to ski super close to them. by the way, you must be a bad ass for bombing down green runs.
    Last time I was at Flatstone the yellow jacket Nazis weren't only on the green runs. I hear they are slowly turning the whole mountain into a slow zone.

Another question: Are you required to show an ID when you purchase your five mountain pass? If not you couldn't you pay in cash, use a different name and birth date, and have a fresh record every year? Something you could have a lot of fun getting creative with....
    http://zpski.blogspot.com/

Edit less. Hobo more.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Mostly true. The scanners are simple RFID devices, and work as you describe... however, there are also ultra RF devices that can work at a longer distance and can be up on the mountain- but they're much more bulky and wouldn't work in the manner he's worried about.
    You are correct, sir . We are both so rad with our knowledge.
    You should have been here yesterday!