Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hugh Conway Guest
    Could be worse - I've worked for 2 companies that laid off someone on their first day for non-performance reasons - i.e. the company had a massive layoff. One had just relocated to Seattle from Boston with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    What's your point? Are you actually a hiring manager at the summit Wal Mart? Didn't think so....

P- I wish I could shuffle some papers... On another note, I'm seriously contemplating going back to school to work towards something more in your industry- Mineral Econ. Whatcha know about it?

No, I have a real job... maybe you should try it some time, hippy. I got connections nigga! I know you boulder types are all "oooohhh, I'm not working at Walmart!" Let me know when you're tired of eating cat foot. Instead of dumpster diving behind the walmart, you could be greeting people inside! You be movin' on up an' shit.

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    Kevo, CSM? That's a pretty damn employable degree, BUT a lot of students in that program have their undergrad in Mine Engineering and they will be tough competition. They also have a joint program with DU for a dual degree MS Min Econ / JD Min Law
    Yep, CSM. Figured as much about the competition, but it is something I'm pretty damn interested in. Good to know about the DU JD...I'm more interested in Min Econ than Min Law though. I like the idea of min/nonrenewable energy consulting in 3rd world economies and commodities trading.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    I just posted 2 job openings for a City water department (In NH), let me know if you want the link. My LinkedIn accounts seems to be getting more active with job ads?
    Sweet, thanks man. I'm kinda tied into a lease here in Boulder till next July, so I think I'm gonna hold out on big moves for a little while.

Going to law school is a terrible idea right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Could be worse - I've worked for 2 companies that laid off someone on their first day for non-performance reasons - i.e. the company had a massive layoff. One had just relocated to Seattle from Boston with his family.
    Fuck. Yeah, it could definitely be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    I have a few friends in law school. One goes to an ok school (as far as I know) and one goes to a damn good school on a full ride. Neither could get a summer position.

I also met a few lawyers while traveling in Asia who had been laid off at large firms and corporate positions. Yeah, going to law school right now is probably on par with getting an MBA right now. I'm looking to specialize in a degree that is as far from dime-a-dozen as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    It still is.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Maybe he should take basic arithmetic. Or is it just lawyer math?

Maybe he should take basic arithmetic.

Poor guy. Not only is he gay, a minority, and disabled, but it sounds like he's also got a stupid face.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    I can't ever tell with you. I mean, you thought the fucking Monorail err Hyperloop was real.

I can't ever tell with you. I mean, you thought the fucking Monorail err Hyperloop was real.
    I'm only a moron 50% of the time 100% of the time. And no one thinks the Ogdenville Monorail is real until its real. I simply dont hate Musk because he's young, rich, and conceives of crazy shit like SpaceX, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Yep, CSM. Figured as much about the competition, but it is something I'm pretty damn interested in. Good to know about the DU JD...I'm more interested in Min Econ than Min Law though. I like the idea of min/nonrenewable energy consulting in 3rd world economies and commodities trading.

Sweet, thanks man. I'm kinda tied into a lease here in Boulder till next July, so I think I'm gonna hold out on big moves for a little while.
    Not sure what ever happened to you, but my first reaction was to steer you away from the royal fucking academy. Then I read this post and realized you are exactly the sort of peckerhead that would fit in perfectly there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.